H.M. Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee

World news discussion forum
GT93
udonmap.com

Re: H.M. Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee

Post by GT93 » June 8, 2022, 8:06 am

:lol: I hadn't.

I don't think the many millions of British Republicans would have been out partying around the time of the Duke's funeral. They would have been at home trying to obey their country's lockdown laws. That's what decent people do. For example, the Queen.

It takes a special type of person with a special contempt for the British public and the Queen to just keep doing as he pleases. Party party ... Johnson is that kind of person. Britain clearly deserves a better Prime Minister. One who won't trash Britain's reputation.

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » June 8, 2022, 8:15 am

boris is a confusing mess of contradiction. how he studied the greek classics at oxford , but apparently learned none of morals, is incomprehensible :-s

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 8, 2022, 8:21 am

pepesgrill wrote:
June 8, 2022, 8:15 am
boris is a confusing mess of contradiction. how he studied the greek classics at oxford , but apparently learned none of morals, is incomprehensible :-s
Sorry Troll
Just what morals apart from acceptance or indeed mandatory homosexuality are taught in the Greek Classics?

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » June 8, 2022, 8:23 am

hubris , tyranny , deception , they're greek words?

themes of truthfulness , abuse of power , complacency, philosophy even. i shoulda studied

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 8, 2022, 8:36 am

That seems to have nailed the parties at Number 10 pretty well ........ except you seem to have forgotten the spewing red wine up the wall and on the carpets.

Was that Boris, Statts or just another fantasy in your tiny Marxist mind.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 8, 2022, 8:40 am

AlexO wrote:
June 8, 2022, 8:21 am
pepesgrill wrote:
Sorry Troll
Just what morals apart from acceptance or indeed mandatory homosexuality are taught in the Greek Classics?
I think sticking up for the indefensible Johnson team partying with this kind of drivel is trolling.

You should be getting ready for a new PM and getting ready to line up with his or her talking points about Johnson. Perhaps something like: mistakes were previously made in extraordinarily difficult times but my new team will lead by example. We will overcome our current troubles as we have always so successfully done in the past ...

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 8, 2022, 8:50 am

GT93 wrote:
June 8, 2022, 8:40 am
AlexO wrote:
June 8, 2022, 8:21 am
pepesgrill wrote:
Sorry Troll
I think sticking up for the indefensible Johnson team partying with this kind of drivel is trolling.

You should be getting ready for a new PM and getting ready to line up with his or her talking points about Johnson. Perhaps something like: mistakes were previously made in extraordinarily difficult times but my new team will lead by example. We will overcome our current troubles as we have always so successfully done in the past ...
That post had nothing to do with partying, it was in response to Super Troll's spouting of about Greek morals in the Classics.
Get with the programme 93, or just too many passing cars today?

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » June 8, 2022, 9:37 am

of all the arguments you could choose, or positions you seek to defend. why do you always
pick the worst . you guys need a coach to help

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 8, 2022, 10:43 am

Come on ALEX< YOU DO NOT FOR ONE MOMENT EXPECt Colonials to even begin to understand Britishness or even the psyche ,
They tyry and fail most of the time.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 8, 2022, 11:31 am

AlexO wrote:
June 8, 2022, 8:36 am
That seems to have nailed the parties at Number 10 pretty well ........ except you seem to have forgotten the spewing red wine up the wall and on the carpets.

Was that Boris, Statts or just another fantasy in your tiny Marxist mind.
No, that was the "after tamper version" of the Sue Gray report :lol: god only knows what was so bad that it needed to be removed if what is still there got deemed acceptable to publish [-X

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 8, 2022, 11:40 am

Khun Paul wrote:
June 8, 2022, 10:43 am
Come on ALEX< YOU DO NOT FOR ONE MOMENT EXPECt Colonials to even begin to understand Britishness or even the psyche ,
What you refer to as Britishness or even the psyche (is that Princess Psyche ? I see the greek mythology connection), is to most "colonials" (and a fair proportion of Brits) pure Upper Class privilege and bullsh*t that has no place in 21st C :-"

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 8, 2022, 3:55 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
June 8, 2022, 11:40 am
Khun Paul wrote:
What you refer to as Britishness or even the psyche (is that Princess Psyche ? I see the greek mythology connection), is to most "colonials" (and a fair proportion of Brits) pure Upper Class privilege and bullsh*t that has no place in 21st C :-"
So Statts, you prefer the classless society of Marxism?. The system that has the privileged Politburo, the slightly less privileged Party Members and then the Lumpen Masses who mostly live hand to mouth. Don't really see much difference in both societies except one gets a real vote that can change the Politburo every 4 years.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 8, 2022, 4:13 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
June 8, 2022, 11:40 am
Khun Paul wrote:
No dear boy I refer top the simple fact that as an Englishman I admit to not understanding the culture of other countries how they think act and react to situations, any more than anyone can really understand the BRITISH. try as I might my understanding of other cultures is just on the surface no matter where I am even here after over 20 yeas I do not really understand it, leaving me totally confused on occasions.So I rarely comment on other cultures . The actions of the people yes but not their culture.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 8, 2022, 4:40 pm

Don't think I ever suggested I prefer the "classless society of Marxism" .... :-k
Perhaps if I start just a tiny bit left of centre and take it from there :-"

What I do object to is individuals being given preferential treatment because of who mummy or daddy is =;

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 8, 2022, 4:48 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
June 8, 2022, 4:40 pm
Don't think I ever suggested I prefer the "classless society of Marxism" .... :-k
Perhaps if I start just a tiny bit left of centre and take it from there :-"

What I do object to is individuals being given preferential treatment because of who mummy or daddy is =;
Boris actually won a scholarship to get to Eton, so basically he did it under his own steam, not who mummy and daddy were at the time. I to am very slightly left of center, but the present Labour party is so far left they could be going to the moon. Some of them already are there in my opinion.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 8, 2022, 4:52 pm

Could have given us some warning there Alex, I nearly chocked on me coffee :lol:

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 8, 2022, 4:58 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
June 8, 2022, 4:52 pm
Could have given us some warning there Alex, I nearly chocked on me coffee :lol:
I guess it comes down to where you define the "centre" as being.

Given that numerous posters (including your good self) have been labelled as "Marxist", in this case it seems pretty clear. :D

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 8, 2022, 6:09 pm

Really dont know where Alex gets that idea from, I've read just as many issues of the spectator as I have of Militant, and have an open enough mind to be able to see the benefits/lack of benefits of some right wing and some left wing policies.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 10, 2022, 7:54 am

Well I ignore most of the media especially 90% of the written word as it normally tries to blame anything on something or someone, without in reality offering any solution that will assist or clear the problem. Sort of double speak. I go with my gut feeling on most things, make enquires about some subjects if I am uncertain. Left, marxist, Commie, Right wing, etc, just names to be given by someone to what they think someone else is.

Toial B/S in my book . If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck it is a DUCK , similarly to people, if it acts like an idiot, speaks like an idiot they are probably idiots.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 10, 2022, 3:14 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
June 8, 2022, 4:52 pm
:lol: AlexO can be a hoot.

Return to “World News”