Re: HM Queen Elizabeth II's 96th Birthday

Post by Khun Paul » May 29, 2022, 5:40 pm

AlexO wrote:
May 29, 2022, 2:37 pm
pepesgrill wrote:
May 29, 2022, 12:57 pm
GT93 wrote:
May 19, 2022, 7:58 am
That isn't evidence tamada that a 96 year old is capable of being a head of state .. . ..
one can cling to power too long. i realize your stance is unpopular but it's truly past the time a
successor was brought to fore. put england 1st
But its okay to vote in an over 80 year old to be The Leader Of The Free World with his finger on a button that could end the world as we know it. Fairly intelligent lot in the grand old home of redneck country music.
We forget in 1853 at her Coronation she vowed to serve the People fo the United Kingdom and N Ireland and her Colonies and the Commonwealth until her dying day. She has the Moral and legal right to be the Head of State and if evey-one I knew has the same dedication to duty and loyalty to their Nation, the world would be in a far better place `.

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 30, 2022, 6:07 am

the u.k. is desperate for strong leadership. just a rudderless vessel wandering aimlessly about seas
but, keep telling yourselves, its for good of people

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 30, 2022, 10:52 am

Khun Paul wrote:
May 29, 2022, 5:40 pm
AlexO wrote:
May 29, 2022, 2:37 pm
pepesgrill wrote:
May 29, 2022, 12:57 pm
GT93 wrote:
May 19, 2022, 7:58 am
That isn't evidence tamada that a 96 year old is capable of being a head of state .. . ..
one can cling to power too long. i realize your stance is unpopular but it's truly past the time a
successor was brought to fore. put england 1st
But its okay to vote in an over 80 year old to be The Leader Of The Free World with his finger on a button that could end the world as we know it. Fairly intelligent lot in the grand old home of redneck country music.
We forget in 1853 at her Coronation she vowed to serve the People fo the United Kingdom and N Ireland and her Colonies and the Commonwealth until her dying day. She has the Moral and legal right to be the Head of State and if evey-one I knew has the same dedication to duty and loyalty to their Nation, the world would be in a far better place `.
Maybe want to check that date KP.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » May 31, 2022, 11:28 am

I believe she gave that speech in 1947.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » May 31, 2022, 11:44 am

The young princess.
Attachments
QEII.jpg

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 31, 2022, 11:57 am

Yep my mistake 1953 .

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 31, 2022, 12:07 pm

Interesting photo, mak.

Seems that Betty was a bluey in her younger years - should put paid to any further discussion regarding Harry's parentage. :D

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » May 31, 2022, 12:34 pm

"I declare before you all that my whole life whether it be long or short shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong."

Her Majesty The Queen
On her twenty-first birthday, 21 April 1947, Princess Elizabeth was with her parents and younger sister on a tour of South Africa. In a speech broadcast on the radio from Cape Town, the Princess dedicated her life to the service of the Commonwealth.

https://www.royal.uk/21st-birthday-speech-21-april-1947

mak got it right.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » May 31, 2022, 1:27 pm

Prince Phillip.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-05-31 at 13-16-42 The Royal Family on Instagram “We thought we'd share this rarely-seen photograph of Prince Philip The Duke of Edinburgh to mark his 95th birthday today. This…”.png

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 31, 2022, 2:14 pm

Shado wrote:
May 31, 2022, 12:34 pm
"I declare before you all that my whole life whether it be long or short shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong."

Her Majesty The Queen
On her twenty-first birthday, 21 April 1947, Princess Elizabeth was with her parents and younger sister on a tour of South Africa. In a speech broadcast on the radio from Cape Town, the Princess dedicated her life to the service of the Commonwealth.

https://www.royal.uk/21st-birthday-speech-21-april-1947

mak got it right.
The only thing that is wrong is that the article refers to the then Princess as HM the Queen, apart from that she has honoured that vow superbly. GSTQ

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 31, 2022, 10:24 pm

Noted the above but she only mentioned the Commonwealth not he United Kingdom and all its territories, maybe being pedantic but it is NOT the same as she said at her Coronation !!

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » June 1, 2022, 4:42 am

On Coronation day:
"I have in sincerity pledged myself to your service, as so many of you are pledged to mine. Throughout all my life and with all my heart I shall strive to be worthy of your trust."

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 1, 2022, 6:51 am

In the Coronation ceremony of 2 June 1953, one of the highlights was when The Queen made her Coronation Oath (taken from the Order of Service for the Coronation).

The Queen having returned to her Chair, (her Majesty having already on Tuesday, the 4th day of November, 1952, in the presence of the two Houses of Parliament, made and signed the Declaration prescribed by Act of Parliament), the Archbishop standing before her shall administer the Coronation Oath, first asking the Queen,

Madam, is your Majesty willing to take the Oath?

And the Queen answering,

I am willing.

The Archbishop shall minister these questions; and The Queen, having a book in her hands, shall answer each question severally as follows:

Archbishop. Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern the Peoples of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the Union of South Africa, Pakistan, and Ceylon, and of your Possessions and the other Territories to any of them belonging or pertaining, according to their respective laws and customs?

Queen. I solemnly promise so to do.

Archbishop. Will you to your power cause Law and Justice, in Mercy, to be executed in all your judgements?

Queen. I will.

Archbishop. Will you to the utmost of your power maintain the Laws of God and the true profession of the Gospel? Will you to the utmost of your power maintain in the United Kingdom the Protestant Reformed Religion established by law? Will you maintain and preserve inviolably the settlement of the Church of England, and the doctrine, worship, discipline, and government thereof, as by law established in England? And will you preserve unto the Bishops and Clergy of England, and to the Churches there committed to their charge, all such rights and privileges, as by law do or shall appertain to them or any of them?

Queen. All this I promise to do.

Then the Queen arising out of her Chair, supported as before, the Sword of State being carried before her, shall go to the Altar, and make her solemn Oath in the sight of all the people to observe the premisses: laying her right hand upon the Holy Gospel in the great Bible (which was before carried in the procession and is now brought from the Altar by the Arch-bishop, and tendered to her as she kneels upon the steps), and saying these words:

The things which I have here before promised, I will perform and keep. So help me God.

Then the Queen shall kiss the Book and sign the Oath.

The Queen having thus taken her Oath shall return again to her Chair, and the Bible shall be delivered to the Dean of Westminster.

When you actually read it all, makes more sense rather than PICK the bit that reflects your desire to make others look stupid Mak !!

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » June 1, 2022, 9:01 am

good grief man, mak is trying to be magnanimous.
about all the grovelling and ostentatious royal
court etiquette. please keep pomposity in check

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 1, 2022, 9:20 am

Khun Paul wrote:
May 31, 2022, 10:24 pm
Noted the above but she only mentioned the Commonwealth not he United Kingdom and all its territories, maybe being pedantic but it is NOT the same as she said at her Coronation !!
Is the UK not a member of the Commonwealth KP?? So if it is a member does that not include its territories as well. The vow in 1947 is totally different to what she 'has' to say at the Coronation. Just look at the references to the Church of England etc. That's why there are halfwit Separatives running about waving flags in Scotland.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 1, 2022, 2:22 pm

pepesgrill wrote:
June 1, 2022, 9:01 am
I agree. I think some go over the top. This is the 21st century.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 1, 2022, 3:41 pm

pepesgrill wrote:
Truth hurts !!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 1, 2022, 5:16 pm

GT93 wrote:
June 1, 2022, 2:22 pm
pepesgrill wrote:
I agree. I think some go over the top. This is the 21st century.
As the British Monarchy is nearly 1000 years old, tradition specifies what is or is not said. IT IS CALLOED TRADITION, not many countries have an such an unbroken chain the exception is the I believe the following countries are similar in age old traditions that many fail to understand .
The more modern countries do not have the same age old traditions . I wonder why people knock it .

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » June 1, 2022, 10:20 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
June 1, 2022, 5:16 pm
As the British Monarchy is nearly 1000 years old,
An interesting point, Sir, I suppose Athelstan, grandson of Alfred, was the first Monarch of England after giving the Danes what for but I'm not sure what the Welsh, Scots or Irish were up to in that age.

Right, happy to lock up the forum seditious defaulters in the brig but you need to remember you are Orderly Officer this evening.

Chin, chin.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 2, 2022, 2:03 am

The Monarchy and its traditions and functions thankfully evolve. For example I think Prince William hugged some old guy recently. The Windsors need to get with it. Prince William can't act like his grandmother. The world moves on.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Return to “World News”