Iran

World news discussion forum
tamada
udonmap.com

Iran

Post by tamada » March 15, 2022, 5:30 pm

Breaking News:

The British-Iranian national Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe has had her British passport returned, her MP, Tulip Siddiq, has said.

The Hampstead and Kilburn MP tweeted: “I am very pleased to say that Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe has been given her British passport back.

“She is still at her family home in Tehran. I also understand that there is a British negotiating team in Tehran right now. I will keep posting updates as I get them.”

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2022/m ... ed-says-mp

I reckon the "British negotiating team" is working on buying some Iranian oil and gas and/or trying to sell the idea of easing sanctions on the mullahs to the allies due to the Ukraine crisis. I imagine Germany will eagerly say yes.

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

rick
udonmap.com

Re: Iran

Post by rick » March 15, 2022, 8:29 pm

Tam, probably right. I certainly see Iran as a lesser evil compared to Putin and Russia. Israel and Saudi would have a differnt point of view.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 16, 2022, 6:53 am

When talking about Iran, we only really remember the last few decades, when in fact our Middle eastern friends have over the CENTURIES been fighting each other, often due to tribal reasons and now the different religious reasons.
Most Western countries tread a fine line between openly criticising them to backing them .
They ( Arab countries ) on the other hand KNOW full well their current situation regarding OIL and will use it to their full advantage /
So less Russian Oil will mean some pandering to Arab Countries again.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 16, 2022, 7:05 am

Oh? Perhaps the Saudis will be permitted to buy a second EPL team.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 16, 2022, 9:22 am

Khun Paul wrote:
March 16, 2022, 6:53 am
When talking about Iran, we only really remember the last few decades, when in fact our Middle eastern friends have over the CENTURIES been fighting each other, often due to tribal reasons and now the different religious reasons.
Most Western countries tread a fine line between openly criticising them to backing them .
They ( Arab countries ) on the other hand KNOW full well their current situation regarding OIL and will use it to their full advantage /
And right on cue, our lovable, tousle-haired buffoon and oligarchal cocksucker Blojo flies to Saudi to offer his bountiful fair English cheeks to MBS plus a few spare armaments so they can keep bombing the piss out of Yemen.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » March 16, 2022, 10:09 am

tamada wrote:
March 16, 2022, 9:22 am
Khun Paul wrote:
And right on cue, our lovable, tousle-haired buffoon and oligarchal cocksucker Blojo flies to Saudi to offer his bountiful fair English cheeks to MBS plus a few spare armaments so they can keep bombing the piss out of Yemen.
Isn't bombing another country bad form lately ?
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 16, 2022, 10:38 am

papafarang wrote:
March 16, 2022, 10:09 am
tamada wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Depends on their effnicity, ennit?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 17, 2022, 7:19 am

Well the OLD saying the enemy of MY enemy is a friend, that however does not make him a bosom buddy though

msa
udonmap.com

Post by msa » March 17, 2022, 6:55 pm

papafarang wrote:
tamada wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Only in Europe.

/M
Don’t worry about tomorrow. Today is terrifying enough.
I never forget a face, but in your case I can do an exception.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » March 17, 2022, 7:51 pm

msa wrote:
March 17, 2022, 6:55 pm
papafarang wrote:
tamada wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Only in Europe.

/M
Sad today that America gave another 800,000,000 bucks towards the war, but Yemen has 100,000 babies dying from starvation, the UN couldn't even get near what was needed.the hypocrisy is just astounding
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 23, 2022, 5:23 pm

I saw Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe on the telly with the upshot being the general agreement that it should not have taken six years for the UK government to pay back the money they owed Iran and get her back home.

A few days later, we see the former Foreign Minister Jeremy Hunt, one of the five foreign secretaries who tried and failed to secure Zaghari-Ratcliffe’s release, coming out with his lame cover-arse.

“She doesn’t owe us gratitude: we owe her an explanation,” he tweeted. “She’s absolutely right that it took too long to bring her home. I tried my best – as did other foreign secretaries – but if trying our best took six years then we must be honest and say the problem should have been solved earlier.

And this guy was once upon a short list for the leadership?!

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2022/m ... -ratcliffe
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “World News”