The Ahmaud Arbery murder

World news discussion forum
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: The Ahmaud Arbery murder

Post by tamada » January 10, 2022, 10:43 am

stattointhailand wrote:
January 10, 2022, 10:28 am
Its certainly not JUST America KP, just look for Sir Edward Leigh at PMQ's last week

That magical moment when the penny drops for Brexiter MP Edward Leigh, that stopping freedom of movement from Europe may mean more immigrants from India.

“Would he agree with me that our new working class voters who voted Brexit did not vote to replace immigration from Europe with more immigration from the rest of the world, any more than when they were told that they would take back control we would lose control of the channels?

“Will he convince us that he’s determined to connect to our supporters and control immigration?”
Did anyone notice if Priti left a wet spot on the bench after hearing Leigh's question?

What was the answer BTW?

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 10, 2022, 10:56 am

Bojo had a go at the Labour Pary, said they would let everybody in, lied about immigration going down (up 47% from India, Up 100% from Philippines 2020 - 2021 etc etc) .......... usual bs when actually answering would incriminate himself (Tory backbenchers are having weekly meetings to try and come up with a question Bojo can answer without throwing him or them under a bus)

Found some copy

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 10, 2022, 12:11 pm

Umm ....... Ahmaud Arbery ......

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » January 10, 2022, 3:04 pm

source: theconversation.com article: how racist
is britain today? what the evidence tells us

it appears state england not a racial utopia either

source: statista.com article opinion on prevalence
of racism in u.k. society 2021

eastern europeans, muslims, blacks it's disturbing

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 10, 2022, 3:35 pm

In truth I doubt if aby country has NO racism, however what most of the EU and other European countries have including the UK is NO Race hating so-called men like these three who went after and gunned down a coloured man at virtually point blank range because they felt it was a justified killing of an unarmed man.

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » January 10, 2022, 3:44 pm

the precise definition of " citizens arrest powers"

and how it even varies from state-to-state is eye-
opening , open to abuse & deserves more reading

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 10, 2022, 4:03 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
January 10, 2022, 3:35 pm
In truth I doubt if aby country has NO racism, however what most of the EU and other European countries have including the UK is NO Race hating so-called men like these three who went after and gunned down a coloured man at virtually point blank range because they felt it was a justified killing of an unarmed man.
A "coloured" man? If you're going to wax lyrical on a racial issue, which this wasn't BTW, you could at least use the politically correct racial labeling for the dead guy.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 10, 2022, 4:11 pm

pepesgrill wrote:
January 10, 2022, 3:44 pm
the precise definition of " citizens arrest powers"

and how it even varies from state-to-state is eye-
opening , open to abuse & deserves more reading
And just wait till you take the next step, and start looking at gun ownership. :yikes:

I guess these 3 concerned citizens were all legally entitled to their guns.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » January 10, 2022, 5:36 pm

tamada wrote:
January 10, 2022, 4:03 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
A "coloured" man? If you're going to wax lyrical on a racial issue, which this wasn't BTW, you could at least use the politically correct racial labeling for the dead guy.
KP is old school. Give him a break, he's been around the block more than most. [-X

Us young whippersnappers could learn a think or two from those who has been on the front line.

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » January 10, 2022, 7:08 pm

yes, these 3 goons are like out of a bad movie

and 1 lost his handgun day before taken from
his car. not responsible or particularly bright

darn scary is more like it. and all found guilty

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 10, 2022, 10:24 pm

tamada wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Yes, teacher.

This takes me back to my youth around 1957 or so. My parents were driving to Florida, and we stopped at a gas station in Georgia. I was thirsty and ran to the fountain to get a drink of water. The attendant yelled at me 'that's for coloureds only.' I was a bit of a smart alec and responded that I was coloured or he couldn't see me. My parents, understanding that this conversation could lead to trouble' scooped me up and got out of there as quickly as possible.

I would add that there are older people from the West Indies who still refer to themselves as coloured.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » January 11, 2022, 2:03 am

how soon we forget. it wasn't really that long ago
britain was perpetrating genocide on it's african
colonies. the atrocities committed in kenya were
perhaps britains darkest hour. how many tens of
thousands of coloureds were slaughtered. as story goes, obama had winston churchills bust removed from his office as this regime had imprisoned his grandfather. torture ,maiming, executions it's horrific

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » January 11, 2022, 2:29 am

The Fuzzy Wuzzy certainly took a beating at the battle of Abu Klea. Never heard that described as Genocide mind you.

However fast forward to British Kenya where the White British masters took all the land and more or less enslaved the black Kenyans. Definitely not something anyone would get away with nowadays.

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » January 11, 2022, 2:54 am

mau mau uprising 1960 . call it what you want
but tens of thousands. that's genocide

source: theguardian article: uncovering brutal
truth about british empire

reading not for the squeamish. so much for
race relations. next topic please. im nauseous

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 11, 2022, 3:18 am

tamada wrote:
That's right, amigo, I was thinking about fellow runners getting shot by fat blokes in Pick Ups but now we're talking about the Blitish Empire and East Africa. Mind you, there are some good runners in Kenya.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 11, 2022, 5:17 am

The number of people dead owing to black-on-black violence in the U.S.A. probably outnumbers those killed in colonial wars.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 11, 2022, 7:11 am

So for the faint-hearted, the weak, the woke brigade and for those that complain if their coffee is the wrong colour, taking offence at calling a Non-white coloured just tells me how goddam hypocritical most of you are !.
The man killed was NOT WHITE, you can call him whatever you like, to me that means he is coloured or to put it more directly NOT WHITE, you can work out the correct PC rubbish and moan about it if you want but for Gods sake can those of you who feel upset, get a life and just grow up !
I could have used a different set of words, like those used by the lawyers defending these three, but that would be RACIST.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 11, 2022, 7:25 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
January 11, 2022, 5:17 am
The number of people dead owing to black-on-black violence in the U.S.A. probably outnumbers those killed in colonial wars.
Mostly because nobody was keeping count back in the good old days. This modern affectation of having a statistic for everything is a real worry.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 11, 2022, 7:38 am

Khun Paul wrote:
January 11, 2022, 7:11 am
So for the faint-hearted, the weak, the woke brigade and for those that complain if their coffee is the wrong colour, taking offence at calling a Non-white coloured just tells me how goddam hypocritical most of you are !.
The man killed was NOT WHITE, you can call him whatever you like, to me that means he is coloured or to put it more directly NOT WHITE, you can work out the correct PC rubbish and moan about it if you want but for Gods sake can those of you who feel upset, get a life and just grow up !
I could have used a different set of words, like those used by the lawyers defending these three, but that would be RACIST.
I can see who's upset here. But KP, as well as the obvious economy on letters, using the simple and factual word Black when describing a dusky sort isn't at all racist. Note the capitalization here: it's Black and not black whereas white folks are never White. I know, I know...it can get a bit confusing for those in their dotage but I am sure you're familiar with the term, "You're never too old to learn."

Unless you're a dog, allegedly.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 11, 2022, 9:01 am

tamada wrote:
January 11, 2022, 7:25 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
January 11, 2022, 5:17 am
Mostly because nobody was keeping count back in the good old days. This modern affectation of having a statistic for everything is a real worry.
Are you sure? The British and Germans were pretty good at keeping track of numbers. I'm not so sure about the French, Spanish, Belgians, Dutch, Portuguese, Japanese, the Ottomans and the U.S.

Return to “World News”