War with China

World news discussion forum
papafarang
udonmap.com

Re: War with China

Post by papafarang » November 21, 2021, 11:11 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
November 21, 2021, 10:39 am
Russia set the precedent for the world to do nothing overt when they invaded Georgia, then annexed the Crimea, then provided rather open support to include equipment and personnel to the rebels in the DonBass region of the Ukraine. China has repeatedly violated international norms in the South China Sea encroaching on other countries Exclusive Economic Zones pretty much with impunit and sending its "Coast Guard" out to openly harass other countries fishing fleets. How far will they go and what will the rest of the world do? How about China invading those old flashpoint islands that belong to Taiwan, the Matsu and Kinmen islands just off the coast of mainland China? If the Chinese invaded them, which I don't think would require a lot of effort, then what would Taiwan do? I doubt they'd got to open warfare. What would the rest of th world do other than tut-tut in the UN or perhaps the US deploy a carrier battle group somewhere in the region but not close to the conflict area. As for Russia, if Putin openly sent Russian troops and armor into the Donbass area what could the Ukrainians actually do other than fire artillery barrages? What would the US and EU/NATO do? Again, probably tut-tut in the UN but actual open warfare, deployment of troops into Ukraine to fight the Russians? I don't see it happening.
that's basically how i see it, any war with china would set the dominos falling, the us troops in korea are null and void, they couldn't be involved as soon as they did the north would go for it. Russia realizes Ukraine would be open as getting involved in a fight with two superpowers ..well could lead to all out ww3. so really as you say the UN would ,bla bla bla and not much else.

Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » November 21, 2021, 12:09 pm

war with China will come. The Big Three will have to square off at some stage, as the world nears an end. Non Nuclear. Maybe China and Russian will team up, and leave the America's to the Americans. As I see it, China are slowly getting their pieces in play now..Not just openly in the South China Sea, but nonchalantly, as in buying up real estate in Pacific countries, and getting people on the ground. tens of thousands of people. Alot ex Chinese army. When the timing is right they will make a grab for it..I believe Russia could take Europe in a matters of days, now, if it wanted too..

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 21, 2021, 1:04 pm

papafarang wrote:
November 21, 2021, 11:11 am
FrazeeDK wrote:
November 21, 2021, 10:39 am
Russia set the precedent for the world to do nothing overt when they invaded Georgia, then annexed the Crimea, then provided rather open support to include equipment and personnel to the rebels in the DonBass region of the Ukraine. China has repeatedly violated international norms in the South China Sea encroaching on other countries Exclusive Economic Zones pretty much with impunit and sending its "Coast Guard" out to openly harass other countries fishing fleets. How far will they go and what will the rest of the world do? How about China invading those old flashpoint islands that belong to Taiwan, the Matsu and Kinmen islands just off the coast of mainland China? If the Chinese invaded them, which I don't think would require a lot of effort, then what would Taiwan do? I doubt they'd got to open warfare. What would the rest of th world do other than tut-tut in the UN or perhaps the US deploy a carrier battle group somewhere in the region but not close to the conflict area. As for Russia, if Putin openly sent Russian troops and armor into the Donbass area what could the Ukrainians actually do other than fire artillery barrages? What would the US and EU/NATO do? Again, probably tut-tut in the UN but actual open warfare, deployment of troops into Ukraine to fight the Russians? I don't see it happening.
that's basically how i see it, any war with china would set the dominos falling, the us troops in korea are null and void, they couldn't be involved as soon as they did the north would go for it. Russia realizes Ukraine would be open as getting involved in a fight with two superpowers ..well could lead to all out ww3. so really as you say the UN would ,bla bla bla and not much else.
If only the EU had an army like the one that Macron wants. Then they could do a lease-lend with the US so they wouldn't be so scared of tweaking Xi's nipples.

Putin and the Russians are also-rans when the serious stuff hits the fan.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 21, 2021, 2:06 pm

I think we all understand that China would overwhelm Taiwan's defenses quickly. The question is if they would be willing to accept the damage that Taiwan would inflict before falling., not to mention what the US may or would do.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 21, 2021, 3:48 pm

Many many years ago, while enjoying a lull in security levels in Aden in 1967 , a group of us asked the question what if China went to war with the Western world.
The answer would surprise many even today , we id not have technology as we have today, but by using informatioan gleaned from many many military books etc and some personal knowledge by one officer , the conclusion was that barring use of any Nuclear weapons including battlefield ones, the WEST including Russia as an ally, would run out of conventional bullets and shells , before China ran out of men. I think the scenario is still the same , only more so as the West has downsized the troops ( boots on the ground ) .
It was illuminating then and even more so now, IF China started marching, not a lot could be done to stop them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 21, 2021, 4:39 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
November 21, 2021, 3:48 pm
Many many years ago, while enjoying a lull in security levels in Aden in 1967 , a group of us asked the question what if China went to war with the Western world.
The answer would surprise many even today , we id not have technology as we have today, but by using informatioan gleaned from many many military books etc and some personal knowledge by one officer , the conclusion was that barring use of any Nuclear weapons including battlefield ones, the WEST including Russia as an ally, would run out of conventional bullets and shells , before China ran out of men. I think the scenario is still the same , only more so as the West has downsized the troops ( boots on the ground ) .
It was illuminating then and even more so now, IF China started marching, not a lot could be done to stop them.
I think your theoretical scenario as discussed in Aden in 1967 had already been field tested in Korea about fifteen years earlier. Also agree that in the interim, and despite the one-child mandate, there's a helluva lot more of them now than there was then.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » November 21, 2021, 7:36 pm

While China could certainly push out of mainland China by ground into neighboring countries it would run out of steam in a short while. Sure they could hop that new train down through Laos and be on the Thai border in mere hours but Vietnam? A bit tougher proposition.. Could they roll through Myanmar into northeastern India? With great difficulty. The problem is that while the Chinese military is modernizing it doesn't yet have the ability to project power globally. The US has been doing that since World War 2 leaving the Chinese at least 10-15 more years to catch up. Global tranposrt? The new Xian Y-20 stratetic transport, a C-17 clone. Maybe 40 built but with Chinese engines so the bird can't carry its full planned wieght. LHA helicopter/assault ships? They've got 3 now but have yet to do major amphibious training. LPD's, yup, they've got San Antonio clones but again lace the numbers and training to put together a full task force. I reckon the test might come within the next couple of years as Africa goes to ---- (Ethiopian civil war, Sudeanese coup, South Sudan falling apart, Somalia even more of a failed state and Jihadist romaing about). Eventually there will be a local pushback in force against large numbers of Chinese workers/immigrants (watch France 24 on Zambia and Tanzania). A pogrom against Chinese citizens will test China's ability to globally deploy forces to stabilize the situation and evacuate their nationals.
Dave

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 22, 2021, 1:15 am

War with the cancer called China, just stop trading with the scum bags and increase production at home.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 22, 2021, 1:39 am

Jai
That is the worst suggestion I have heard in dealing with trade with China, Not only is it idiotic but it is unmanageable
In 2020 Canda imported $76 Billion from China.
So where does Canada get factories and the people to replace this?

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 22, 2021, 2:47 am

Supposedly, the Feds are looking to Southeast Asia as a source to replace Chinese imports, but that is a pipe dream at the moment. What is your suggestion?

Hope this helps.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 22, 2021, 3:56 am

My suggestion Worry about more important issues

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 22, 2021, 5:07 am

Doodoo wrote:
November 22, 2021, 3:56 am
My suggestion Worry about more important issues
That would be very helpful advice if I was worried, but I'm not.

Hope this helps,
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 22, 2021, 5:49 am

Doodoo wrote:
November 22, 2021, 1:39 am
Jai
That is the worst suggestion I have heard in dealing with trade with China, Not only is it idiotic but it is unmanageable
We rebuild our factories, put tariffs on Chinese made goods. Everyone needs to do this and it would take a awhile along with some financial hardship but the world would be way better off without China being a super power and having to rely on them. You can think what you want but China is a problem that will continue to grow like a cancer, better to cut it out. I don't know how old you are but if you live long enough you will see what I mean.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » November 22, 2021, 5:52 am

Doodoo wrote:
November 22, 2021, 1:39 am
Jai
Hmm, is that Canda dollars or US? The UK imported $24Bn (US) from China so overtaking Germany. It looks like the Candanians have left themselves wide open so I agree with Jai, stay away from Communists.

Here's a link, boys.

BBC News - China overtakes Germany as UK’s top import market
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57236714
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 22, 2021, 7:05 am

90,000 Russian troops massing on their western border with the EU.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/19/us/p ... ation.html
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 22, 2021, 7:36 am

tamada wrote:
November 22, 2021, 7:05 am
90,000 Russian troops massing on their western border with the EU.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/19/us/p ... ation.html
American jumping the gun , there could be a perfectly normal reason for the troops gathering in that location .. Russia protecting their borders from a migrant rush like in Poland and the UK ..or more sinister could be the Biden administration scaremongering to deflect citizens away from the terrible state the USA is in period.

Alternatively Russia could be about to invade the EU and take over Brussels .. which would be a shame just before Christmas as the price of sprouts would sky rocket.

Judging by the posts on this thread it seems war with China is just around the corner ..have i missed something ??

DM .. world news correspondent keeping Udon expats up to date with the latest accurate information.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 22, 2021, 7:47 am

^ "America jumping the gun..." Sheesh.

Try this then and don't give up your day job

BBC News - Russia-Ukraine border: Nato warning over military build-up

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59288181
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 22, 2021, 7:52 am

Russian military exercises in the area possibly ?? ...

Whats the world coming to ?
China want to snaffle Taiwan
Russia want Ukraine
and
UK cant get rid of Scotland FOC to the EU..

the worlds gone mad.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 22, 2021, 8:48 am

jai yen yen wrote:
November 22, 2021, 5:49 am
We rebuild our factories, put tariffs on Chinese made goods. Everyone needs to do this and it would take a awhile along with some financial hardship but the world would be way better off without China being a super power and having to rely on them. You can think what you want but China is a problem that will continue to grow like a cancer, better to cut it out. I don't know how old you are but if you live long enough you will see what I mean.
Absolutely correct.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » November 22, 2021, 8:49 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
November 21, 2021, 7:36 pm
While China could certainly push out of mainland China by ground into neighboring countries it would run out of steam in a short while. Sure they could hop that new train down through Laos and be on the Thai border in mere hours but Vietnam? A bit tougher proposition.. Could they roll through Myanmar into northeastern India? With great difficulty. The problem is that while the Chinese military is modernizing it doesn't yet have the ability to project power globally. The US has been doing that since World War 2 leaving the Chinese at least 10-15 more years to catch up. Global tranposrt? The new Xian Y-20 stratetic transport, a C-17 clone. Maybe 40 built but with Chinese engines so the bird can't carry its full planned wieght. LHA helicopter/assault ships? They've got 3 now but have yet to do major amphibious training. LPD's, yup, they've got San Antonio clones but again lace the numbers and training to put together a full task force. I reckon the test might come within the next couple of years as Africa goes to **** (Ethiopian civil war, Sudeanese coup, South Sudan falling apart, Somalia even more of a failed state and Jihadist romaing about). Eventually there will be a local pushback in force against large numbers of Chinese workers/immigrants (watch France 24 on Zambia and Tanzania). A pogrom against Chinese citizens will test China's ability to globally deploy forces to stabilize the situation and evacuate their nationals.
Excellent analysis.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Return to “World News”