Nicole Perlroth

World news discussion forum
Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Nicole Perlroth

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 5, 2021, 12:47 am

I just heard a fascinating radio interview with Nicole Perlroth the author of the book, 'This is how they tell me that the world will end'. It will teach you how hackers use 'zero days' to infiltrate computers in the Ukraine, Australia, France and the U.S.A., to shut down water power in Texas, power grids in the Ukraine and so on. Initially, the U.S. thought these attacks originated with North Kora and I.S.I.S., but eventually discovered Russia was behind the attacks. The author feels these were test cases by Russia prior to to initiating a massive attack on the U.S.A. Of course, the U.S. and China are also involved in these cyber wars. Mrs. Obama was also a victim of Russian intelligence.

"This is How They Tell Me the World Ends
The Cyber Weapons Arms Race
Thursday, April 1, 2021 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm

Zero day: a software bug that allows a hacker to break into your devices and move around undetected. One of the most coveted tools in a spy's arsenal, a zero day has the power to silently spy on your iPhone, dismantle the safety controls at a chemical plant, alter an election, and shut down the electric grid (just ask Ukraine).

For decades, under cover of classification levels and non-disclosure agreements, the United States government became the world's dominant hoarder of zero days. U.S. government agents paid top dollar—first thousands, and later millions of dollars—to hackers willing to sell their lock-picking code and their silence.

Then the United States lost control of its hoard and the market.

Now those zero days are in the hands of hostile nations and mercenaries who do not care if your vote goes missing, your clean water is contaminated, or our nuclear plants melt down.

This report is made possible thanks to general support to CSIS."

Book review from the New Yorker: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021 ... -under-way

You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Return to “World News”