America is no longer coming apart at the seams

World news discussion forum
Whistler
udonmap.com

America is no longer coming apart at the seams

Post by Whistler » July 14, 2020, 3:58 pm

That process is already finished.

The next step is to bring it back together, it is important for the world, but more important for the good people in America that will need to re-build their country, but it can be done.

Germany was wrecked by a narcissistic ego-maniac, but bounced back to be a world secondary power and widely admired. The good people of America have not suffered the humiliation of defeat in as stark a way of post war Germany, but what has happened is devastating. Once Trump has gone, the rebuilding hopefully starts again.

We have many more months before this macabre episode is over, but when it does, a different America will evolve

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

maaka
udonmap.com

Re: America is no longer coming apart at the seams

Post by maaka » July 14, 2020, 4:12 pm

IMO thats why you needed Trump, to lance the boil, exorcise the bad blood, expose the corrupt ones, so the people could see thru the veil as to what was really wrong with the country..will it rebuild into a world leader again..not so sure..

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 14, 2020, 4:21 pm

I think Whistler is being way too optimistic. The US is far more broken that just Trump. I think US decline will continue for decades.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » July 14, 2020, 4:39 pm

If by some miracle the democrats prevail, I will likely not live long enough to see the country recover. What you are seeing now will continue and get even worse until the democrats wake up and realize this is the wrong way and their methods cannot ever work. Destroying our history and culture is just wishful stupid thinking.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » July 14, 2020, 5:06 pm

glalt wrote:
July 14, 2020, 4:39 pm
If by some miracle the democrats prevail, I will likely not live long enough to see the country recover. What you are seeing now will continue and get even worse until the democrats wake up and realize this is the wrong way and their methods cannot ever work. Destroying our history and culture is just wishful stupid thinking.
You can thank Trump if the democrats prevail. No matter how clownish he shows himself to be... people still can't figure out that he is positioning the dems to rule for decades to come. Maybe after they win in Nov you'll finally see how Trump, the Trojan horse of our time, completely screwed you! It's already happening under his watch, as he would say "bigly"!!!!!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 14, 2020, 9:52 pm

maaka wrote:
July 14, 2020, 4:12 pm
IMO thats why you needed Trump, to lance the boil, exorcise the bad blood, expose the corrupt ones, so the people could see thru the veil as to what was really wrong with the country..will it rebuild into a world leader again..not so sure..
Can I get the name of your dealer, he provides really good nonsense
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » July 14, 2020, 9:55 pm

Trump will win again. The worst thing that could happen is to have the Demonrats win but either way civil war is coming.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 14, 2020, 10:09 pm

anefarious1 wrote:
July 14, 2020, 5:06 pm
glalt wrote:
July 14, 2020, 4:39 pm
You can thank Trump if the democrats prevail. No matter how clownish he shows himself to be... people still can't figure out that he is positioning the dems to rule for decades to come. Maybe after they win in Nov you'll finally see how Trump, the Trojan horse of our time, completely screwed you! It's already happening under his watch, as he would say "bigly"!!!!!!
With the exception of Bush following Reagan, America flipped left to right since Harry Truman in 1945, if you ignore second terms and succession due to death or resignations (Nixon was never removed from office, JFK was).

If this pattern persists, the White house will go a shade of blue with the next POTUS.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » July 15, 2020, 11:28 am

anefarious1 wrote:
You can thank Trump if the democrats prevail.
I agree. This election is a referendum on Trump. He's either going to win or lose, pretty much regardless of who the Democratic candidate was going to be. Same as last time, -- I don't think that Trump won so much as Hillary lost.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 16, 2020, 7:40 am

Udon Map wrote:
July 15, 2020, 11:28 am
anefarious1 wrote:
You can thank Trump if the democrats prevail.
I agree. This election is a referendum on Trump. He's either going to win or lose, pretty much regardless of who the Democratic candidate was going to be. Same as last time, -- I don't think that Trump won so much as Hillary lost.
Yea agree 100% the machinations of the American Electoral system allowed Trump to win , hopefully since then his actions havce woken up the sleeping American voter.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 16, 2020, 9:43 am

My prediction - Trump will win very convincingly in November, the Leftards are making all the noise screaming and crying but most Republicans I know are quite/very happy with what he's doing, including the wall.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 16, 2020, 10:03 am

Trump didn't have enough Republicans to win last time - it was the independent and swing voters who got him over the line via the College.

And the independents are abandoning him in droves this time.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 16, 2020, 10:55 am

jai yen yen wrote:
July 14, 2020, 9:55 pm
Trump will win again. The worst thing that could happen is to have the Demonrats win but either way civil war is coming.
Developed nation's that have grown up already had their civil wars ages ago when they were fashionable. Only newly-minted third world democracies with delusions of grandeur and empire have civil wars these days.

Oh, wait...

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 16, 2020, 11:32 am

'Demonrats' and 'Leftards'

Here we go...

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 16, 2020, 12:50 pm

I think it's almost 50 - 50 that one of Trump or Biden might die from Covid 19 before election day. I don't want that to happen but I'm simply noting Covid 19 is rampant in the US and both these gents are old. Trump has also looked to be in poor health this year.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 16, 2020, 4:32 pm

tamada wrote:
July 16, 2020, 11:32 am

Here we go...
Leftards, is that some lame attempt to label people with different political views as being like retards?

It's part of the conservative songbook. To demean and ridicule anybody that does not share their political beliefs, instead of abhorring Trump's childish name calling. He makes no logical argument against Progressive policies, in fact I don't think he has the intellectual capacity to do so, so he resorts to this childlike behavior. The only thing he demeans is the dignity of the position he holds

Hitler did exactly the same, he demonized his critics. Perhaps Trump's (originally Trumpf) Germanic instincts are surfacing. Taller, no mustache, but they share bad hairstyles and narcissistic megalomaniac views.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 16, 2020, 4:44 pm

Whistler wrote:
July 16, 2020, 4:32 pm
tamada wrote:
July 16, 2020, 11:32 am

Here we go...
Leftards, is that some lame attempt to label people with different political views as being like retards?

It's part of the conservative songbook. To demean and ridicule anybody that does not share their political beliefs, instead of abhorring Trump's childish name calling. He makes no logical argument against Progressive policies, in fact I don't think he has the intellectual capacity to do so, so he resorts to this childlike behavior. The only thing he demeans is the dignity of the position he holds

Hitler did exactly the same, he demonized his critics. Perhaps Trump's (originally Trumpf) Germanic instincts are surfacing. Taller, no mustache, but they share bad hairstyles and narcissistic megalomaniac views.
I can't believe what I'm reading, how can you possibly moan about the use of Leftards when the right are called everything from Gammons, Nazis to racists and everything else in between and insofar as comparing right wingers (conservatives) to Hitler that is absolutely bloody ludicrous. Seriously I've read some crap on here but that takes the biscuit.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 16, 2020, 5:10 pm

When Trump calls white supremacists 'good people' he invites the comparison.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » July 16, 2020, 5:14 pm

Whistler wrote:
July 16, 2020, 5:10 pm
We could get into the argument about the Leftards and BLM.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 16, 2020, 5:30 pm

vincemunday wrote:
July 16, 2020, 5:14 pm
Whistler wrote:
July 16, 2020, 5:10 pm
We could get into the argument about the Leftards and BLM.
'Yes, but', arguments are rarely persuasive, it acknowledges the truth of the original statement.

The simple fact is Trump called white supremacists 'good people' No if's or but's.

Return to “World News”