America coming apart at the seams?

World news discussion forum
Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by Declan MacPherson » April 21, 2021, 7:15 pm

The path to a Chauvin reversal | Constitutional scholar Alan Dershowitz

Constitutional scholar Alan Dershowitz reacts to the Derek Chauvin verdict, and expresses real concern over the safety of the jurors amid inflammatory comments from lawmakers and other influencers. "threats and intimidation and hanging the 'Sword of Damocles' over the jury...seeped into the jury room. I think this case should be reversed on appeal."

Trigger Warning: appeals were discussed in here before . April 6, 2021 . "And the appeals. Don't forget the appeals process. This trial could take anything up to five years to complete.

"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 21, 2021, 7:30 pm

It didn't take long for the "we wuz robbed" mob to jump in - aka the jury based justice system is great - unless it returns the "wrong" verdict :D

Just for the record, this was the original police report, as highlighted earlier by parrot, and reported in the WaPost:

Man Dies After Medical Incident During Police Interaction

May 25, 2020 (MINNEAPOLIS) On Monday evening, shortly after 8:00 pm, officers from the Minneapolis Police Department responded to the 3700 block of Chicago Avenue South on a report of a forgery in progress. Officers were advised that the suspect was sitting on top of a blue car and appeared to be under the influence.

Two officers arrived and located the suspect, a male believed to be in his 40s, in his car. He was ordered to step from his car. After he got out, he physically resisted officers. Officers were able to get the suspect into handcuffs and noted he appeared to be suffering medical distress. Officers called for an ambulance. He was transported to Hennepin County Medical Center by ambulance where he died a short time later.

At no time were weapons of any type used by anyone involved in this incident.

The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension has been called in to investigate this incident at the request of the Minneapolis Police Department.

No officers were injured in the incident.

Body worn cameras were on and activated during this incident.

The GO number associated with this case is 20-140629.
I'm sure even the thickest, and most unthinking members of UM can spot the shortage of details here. Unless of course, they are totally captured by Newsmax. ;)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 21, 2021, 7:42 pm

Declan MacPherson wrote:
April 21, 2021, 7:15 pm

Constitutional scholar Alan Dershowitz reacts to the Derek Chauvin verdict, and expresses real concern over the safety of the jurors amid inflammatory comments from lawmakers and other influencers. "threats and intimidation and hanging the 'Sword of Damocles' over the jury...seeped into the jury room. I think this case should be reversed on appeal."

Trigger Warning: appeals were discussed in here before . April 6, 2021 . "And the appeals. Don't forget the appeals process. This trial could take anything up to five years to complete.
Don't mean a lot. Unlike Thailand where the convicted can appeal while staying outside of jail and even leave the country, Derek's lawyers will be doing his appeals while he languishes inside.
Screenshot_20210421-194054_1.jpg

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Re: America no longer coming apart at the seams

Post by JimboPSM » April 21, 2021, 7:46 pm

If not for a teenager’s recording of Floyd’s murder, the world would have believed the police lie.

When all said and done, this is only a very, very small step on the path to equal justice under the law for all US citizens.

While Derek Chauvin has now been held accountable for this death, there are those who have been and continue to be complicit in attempting to deflect attention from it.

It would be refreshing to see those people being held accountable in some way for, as a minimum, attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » April 21, 2021, 8:06 pm

Declan MacPherson wrote:

Trigger Response: In the meantime your hero will be sitting behind bars as a convicted murderer.
Last edited by Kenr6583 on April 22, 2021, 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 21, 2021, 9:58 pm

Doesn't bode well for the trials of the other three.

Tou Thao, J. Alexander Kueng and Thomas Lane, all of whom were fired and arrested days after Floyd died last May, face charges at a trial on Aug. 23 that they aided and abetted second-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter of Floyd.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/after- ... 021-04-20/

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » April 21, 2021, 10:30 pm

Declan MacPherson wrote:

Newsmax. Now there's a good, unbiased source of information.

Of course he will appeal. The appeals process is to provide a review of how the trial was conducted. Chauvin is entitled to appeal, without question. As to how the appellate process will end, that's anyone's guess at this early stage. Dershowitz, much as I respect him, has no more insight into that than you do.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » April 22, 2021, 7:15 am

The Jury Got It Wrong | Ep. 1240

Derek Chauvin is convicted on all charges; President Biden and Co-President Harris celebrate, while Nancy Pelosi thanks George Floyd for being killed; and the Democrats call for tearing down America’s supposedly racist systems. The Chauvin Case was all about the Left and media accusing police and America of systemic racism . But it was never alleged or even insinuated by the prosecution during the trial.

WHITLOCK: "The White Liberal is the Actual Bigot" | Louder With Crowder
Steven catches up with #JasonWhitlock​ to talk about Big Tech censorship and the real racist; elitist limousine liberals.

Sowell on BLM & Crime Insanity . Economist Thomas Sowell discusses on how the welfare state made lives more dangerous for black people, his opinions on BLM, and his preferred approach for reducing crime and riots . "all the excuses made for common criminals."
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » April 22, 2021, 7:49 am

I think someone needs a hug.....

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » April 22, 2021, 8:03 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
April 22, 2021, 7:49 am
Stuff posted on this thread reminds me of why I don't watch BS so called news,what it does prove is there is plenty of soft boiled simpletons ready to believe anything , its true because they saw it on the internet :lol: . facts seem irrelevant. Next we'll have to deal with their flat earth conspiracy.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 22, 2021, 9:05 am

papafarang wrote:
April 22, 2021, 8:03 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
Stuff posted on this thread reminds me of why I don't watch BS so called news,what it does prove is there is plenty of soft boiled simpletons ready to believe anything , its true because they saw it on the internet :lol: . facts seem irrelevant. Next we'll have to deal with their flat earth conspiracy.
So true. I got my first vaccine shot last month, and I was surprised to see that Bill Gates had not put a micro chip into my arm.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » April 22, 2021, 10:00 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
April 22, 2021, 9:05 am
papafarang wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
So true. I got my first vaccine shot last month, and I was surprised to see that Bill Gates had not put a micro chip into my arm.
Oh god not that one as well. How many times do I have to explain it . everyone has already got a chip ,even worse people actually feed info about themselves to the chip. Its called having a smart phone ,knows where you are ,what you last ate , and all your thoughts. Why put a chip in you when they can get you to fork out $1000 to buy your own tracker and pay them monthly forever.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 22, 2021, 10:55 am

The Chauvin Case was all about the Left and media accusing police and America of systemic racism. But it was never alleged or even insinuated by the prosecution during the trial.

Race was never mentioned. It had nothing to do with the trial.

Yet.

Leftist lunatics can see nothing but race in everything. It's how they're destroying America. They are the racist bigots. And they are on this forum. Indeed, they run this forum. They are racists and they are bigots of the highest order.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » April 22, 2021, 11:46 am

TROLL ALERT!!!

If you don't feed the troll, it will eventually go away.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 22, 2021, 2:45 pm

papafarang wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
notfox.jpg

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 22, 2021, 5:09 pm

Any whitey going to George Floyd Square, a public space in Minneapolis better heed the specific instructions for white people.

This used to be called racial discrimination and racism. It used to be illegal. It's still illegal if you try to make special instructions for blacks. But now it's the norm and the leftists are OK with it. Several open, shameless racists on Udon Map have already acknowledged their support for this racism.

This is why America is coming apart at the seams.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNXxd1RLjAE[/youtube]

Same for Brooklyn, NY. White people are no longer welcome. This is racism. Plain and simple. It used to be absolutely forbidden at least since the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Now it seems fashionable to discriminate based on race -- usually in an ugly and angry black mob. Rather than denounce such hatred, division and racial discrimination, the new US presidential administration encourages it.

These are racists and this is why America is coming apart at the seams.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » April 23, 2021, 1:50 am

TROLL ALERT!!!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 23, 2021, 2:20 am

Oh dear Belchie / Giggle. :lol:
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 23, 2021, 3:59 am

papafarang wrote:
April 22, 2021, 10:00 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
April 22, 2021, 9:05 am
papafarang wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
Oh god not that one as well. How many times do I have to explain it . everyone has already got a chip ,even worse people actually feed info about themselves to the chip. Its called having a smart phone ,knows where you are ,what you last ate , and all your thoughts. Why put a chip in you when they can get you to fork out $1000 to buy your own tracker and pay them monthly forever.
True again, it's one of the reasons I don't have a cell phone

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 23, 2021, 4:09 am

Giggle wrote:
April 22, 2021, 5:09 pm
Any whitey going to George Floyd Square, a public space in Minneapolis better heed the specific instructions for white people.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNXxd1RLjAE[/youtube]

Same for Brooklyn, NY. White people are no longer welcome. This is racism. Plain and simple. It used to be absolutely forbidden at least since the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Now it seems fashionable to discriminate based on race -- usually in an ugly and angry black mob. Rather than denounce such hatred, division and racial discrimination, the new US presidential administration encourages it.

These are racists and this is why America is coming apart at the seams.
Gee, I am sure glad instructions were posted for visitors to the Square. Who is this person that deserves such respect and reverence? What did he accomplish in his life to deserve this tribute? His death, perhaps, will lead to something positive, but this racist statement directed against white people is not the way to go. In fact, it might incite people to desecrate the site, which would be sad.

Return to “World News”