America coming apart at the seams?

World news discussion forum
Teacher Dan
udonmap.com

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by Teacher Dan » January 10, 2022, 2:09 pm

The DEMs are certainly trying to hamper those they are afraid of--that's why the false paedo attack was made about Matt Gaetz and it's why they have attacked MTG from the start. It's also why they tried to link Congressman Jordan to the supposed sexual abuse scandal at OSU that failed. And it's certainly the reason for the NY supposed indictment coming against Trump--incidentally the federal government viewed this case as a loser so they refused to take the case so I don't expect anything to come from the NY suit either.

IF they attempt to have the states disqualify Trump to remove him from the ballot in all blue states via state law--it would never pass in any red state or most swing states--that would push us closer to civil war as that is one of the primary reasons for the last one: Lincoln won the presidency despite NOT being on the ballot in more than 13 states. In fact they're trying to use obscure civil war laws to disqualify candidates they don't like or approve of from running for office and this is very scary as well as ironic coming from those who falsely claim the US is a democracy constantly. Of course they falsely speak of an insurrection constantly despite the fact that not one person has been charged with insurrection and the FBI said they found no evidence of an organized insurrection.

I think Tim is right--bad things will happen if the left continue down this road to disqualify those candidates they can't beat or don't like.

“In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. You reap what you sow--if you treat me with respect, I respond in kind; but if you insult or disrespect me, I treat you with the contempt your deserve."

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » January 11, 2022, 7:02 am

Teacher Dan wrote:
January 10, 2022, 2:09 pm
I think Tim is right--bad things will happen if the left continue down this road to disqualify those candidates they can't beat or don't like.
Democrat Communists have a few bad habits that always boomerang.

1. They forget about the invention of video tape that records their past statements that were different than what they say in a moment of trying to grab for more power and control. (See all of their past statements on how damaging it would be to remove the 60-vote threshold in the Senate)

2. They never think that the things they do will one day backfire on them when they are in the minority. (See Harry Reid's nuclear option for confirmations in the Senate)

However, neither of those things will ever matter again if Manchin and Sinema buckle. I am cautiously optimistic because they both hail from red states. In Manchin's case, West Virginia is completely red as Joebama did not win one single county in that state.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Teacher Dan
udonmap.com

Post by Teacher Dan » January 11, 2022, 8:47 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
January 11, 2022, 7:02 am

However, neither of those things will ever matter again if Manchin and Sinema buckle. I am cautiously optimistic because they both hail from red states. In Manchin's case, West Virginia is completely red as Joebama did not win one single county in that state.
That's me--cautiously optimistic because unlike the GOP, the DEMs almost always come together in the end, even the 2 supposed INDs who vote with them more often than some GOP vote with the rest of the GOP. It's one more reason why I have never been nor will I be a GOP as not only are they spineless cowards but they have no party loyalty at all.
“In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. You reap what you sow--if you treat me with respect, I respond in kind; but if you insult or disrespect me, I treat you with the contempt your deserve."

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 11, 2022, 9:03 am

When treating a cancer, there will always be some degree of rejection by and harm to the body. The bottom line is that the sooner the cancer is excised, the faster the body will heal and recover.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » January 11, 2022, 9:17 am

Teacher Dan wrote:
January 11, 2022, 8:47 am
That's me--cautiously optimistic because unlike the GOP, the DEMs almost always come together in the end, even the 2 supposed INDs who vote with them more often than some GOP vote with the rest of the GOP. It's one more reason why I have never been nor will I be a GOP as not only are they spineless cowards but they have no party loyalty at all.
There are 32 Republicans from the House and Senate who betrayed their voters in this session. Most are backstabbing cowards in the GOP. Last time I took a serious look at Republicans in the US Senate, there were only 8 out of 50 who I trust more than half the time. At least 80% of Republicans in the Senate need to be replaced with Conservatives.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Teacher Dan
udonmap.com

Post by Teacher Dan » January 11, 2022, 9:22 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
January 11, 2022, 9:17 am
Teacher Dan wrote:
January 11, 2022, 8:47 am
There are 32 Republicans from the House and Senate who betrayed their voters in this session. Most are backstabbing cowards in the GOP. Last time I took a serious look at Republicans in the US Senate, there were only 8 out of 50 who I trust more than half the time. At least 80% of Republicans in the Senate need to be replaced with Conservatives.
I'd settle for Centrists with balls even.....LMAO!

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » January 11, 2022, 10:05 pm

declan and prof dan are on holiday. when i say
" over to you" that's code for i'm taking a nap🙄
maybe 3 yanks is too much. 1 is probably enough

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 11, 2022, 10:11 pm

At last ....... The light EVENTUALLY shines through even the thickest fog

"At least 80% of Republicans in the Senate need to be replaced"

100% would be better [-o<

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » January 12, 2022, 8:24 am

https://amgreatness.com/2022/01/10/the- ... -alliance/
The Sinking Ship of the Democratic-Media Alliance
Almost no one seems to grasp the colossal irony of the current American political condition. The uniquequality of it is that the country is divided between two political forces which, in the tedious hyperbole of contemporary political jargon, view each other as an “existential threat to democracy.” The Democrats can’t sell the bunk that January 6 was an “insurrection;” they can’t wish away concerns about the integrity of the 2020 election. All they have is the tired claim that Trump is a threat to democracy, and in their advocacy of that falsehood, they have made themselves the threat to democracy.

Trump emerged politically in 2015 to universal mockery. Nothing could have been more certain than that this vulgar and sleazy huckster (as he was portrayed,not without some reason), would bomb out trying to recalibrate his downmarket celebrity brand to catapult him into the White House.

As Trump cleaned up in the 2016 Republican primaries, the Democratic strategists reached to the bottom of their campaign bag of tricks. Late in the campaign came the 11-year-old Billy Bush tape, in which Trump had made some inelegant locker-room macho comments about how a celebrity could take almost unlimited liberties with women. This failed to kill him. It was stale, dated, and not exactly a startling revelation.

Next, the Democrats produced a pastiche of lies and defamations collected by a former British intelligence officer that, with the illegal collaboration of the senior intelligence agencies and the FBI, was leaked to the media as the fruit of an intelligence investigation—and thus did not require journalistic corroboration. Despite fervent efforts to get this story out, it had only just broken the surface when Trump won the election.

The Democrats then instantly switched from inevitable Clinton victory mode to impeachment mode and fastened the lead weight of the completely fabricated Trump-Russia election-fixing collusion fraud around Trump’s ankle. When Trump announced that the Obama Administration had been tapping his campaign telephones, the media thunderously declared that he had no proof. Yet when the proof eventually emerged, they had moved on the first of the phony impeachments over an unexceptionable call to the president of Ukraine.

Finally, COVID enabled a mighty smear-job of Trump as “anti-science” and forced an economic and academic shut-down that allowed the hostile media to blame him for the resulting recession.

Although Trump had a successful administration—practically eliminating illegal immigration, unemployment, and oil imports, shaping up the Western alliance, and deterring China, North Korea, and Iran from the endless provocations they had inflicted on previous presidents—it was impossible for him to defend himself against conditions created by the COVID pandemic and magnified by the Trump-hating media. For good measure, the Democrats seized the opportunity created by the pandemic, to alter election and vote-counting laws in the six swing states they focused on (Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin).

In an election of 156 million voters and more than 40 million harvested ballots (i.e. those of unverifiable validity and cast by people other than those to whom the votes ostensibly belonged), where a shift of 46,000 votes in Pennsylvania and any two of Arizona, Georgia, and Wisconsin would have flipped the election to Trump in the Electoral College, 2020 takes its place along with the highly contested contests of 1876 (Hayes-Tilden), 1960 (Kennedy-Nixon), and 2000 (George W. Bush-Gore).

It is not clear who really won. Hayes and Tilden worked out a deal. Nixon declined Eisenhower’s urging to challenge the 1960 election as he thought it would be bad for the country (for which he has received no credit from all the authors and beneficiaries of the vast Kennedy mythos). Al Gore, at least, received a rushed day in court. Yet the judicial system abdicated in 2020 and the Supreme Court declined to hear the claim of the attorney general of Texas supported by 18 other states against the six swing states that they had violated the constitutional duty to ensure a fair election. None of the issues involving the integrity of the election on constitutional grounds was tried on the merits, and Trump and his followers are right in their anger at not having received a serious judicial hearing.

After the 95 percent anti-Trump national political media conducted Joe Biden’s campaign for him as he hid from the pandemic, the oligarchic social media platform cartel canceled and banished Trump (and the New York Post) from their platforms, Trump’s opponents outspent him 2-1 (including $419 million from Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, practically all of which went to Democratic precincts), and scammed the polls in several of the swing states, Democrats and anti-Trump Republicans achieved a Pyrrhic electoral victory. Their only argument for the last six years has been vilification of Trump, and the only fragment of that tired screed that still resonates at all is that Trump is a gangster and a putschist who revealed his tendencies with a supposed “insurrection” at the Capitol on January 6.

In the circumstances, Trump was restrained. The last thing he wanted was vandalism at the Capitol by anyone claiming to support him.

The Democrats, along with America and the world, are now stuck with the most incompetent administration in the country’s history. Biden clearly lacks the mental energy required of such a challenging position, and Kamala Harris seems simply to be a moron. None of their policies attract majority support from the country and their great COVID ally of 2020 is now an albatross around their necks. Inflation is eating the incomes of the middle- and working-classes, the southern U.S. border is open not only to millions of destitute people but to a large number of serious undesirables who are flooding in. China, Russia, Iran, are all exploiting American weakness and the departure from Afghanistan was the greatest military fiasco in U.S. history.

Consequently, Democratic leaders in Congress have effectively given up getting the grossly unfeasible Build Back Better giveaway through, and are pushing their only reelection hope: the Freedom to Vote and John R. Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Acts. These measures would make it difficult to update voting rolls, would ban highly popular voter ID rules, expand mail-in balloting, restrict efforts to validate signatures, and promote ballot harvesting. When taken with the Democratic effort to admit as many people as possible to the United States and permit them to vote without the irritating bourgeois formality of first becoming citizens, this is a recipe for ensuring that the Democrats and look-alike Republicans never again suffer the embarrassment that they did in 2016 of actually losing an election to a conservative opponent.

In all of their antics, from the Trump-Russia collusion nonsense through the very questionable election and now the effort to impose a durable theft of an electoral advantage implausibly disguised as protecting African-American voting rights, the Democrats have forced Republicans to denounce the Democrats as the real threat to democracy.

The national political media, complicit as they are in the Russia hoax and other anti-Trump frauds, have confirmed their embrace of the Democrats, come what may. They are staring down the barrel of a Trump return in 2024, either personally or through a candidate he endorses, in varying states of denial.

The distinguished Brit Hume, not apparently a Trump-hater, still claims Trump has no legitimate complaint over the 2020 election. (He knows better.) Peggy Noonan, otherwise the most gracious of women, writes viciously about Trump while still giving this wax-works effigy of a president advice on how to be a more effective orator. Andrew McCarthy, an outstanding legal scholar and former prosecutor, and quasi-Trump-hater, took the Russian bunk much too seriously, and is now reduced to acknowledging that Trump had just complaints about the COVID-related voting regulation changes, but that they may have been legal. If they facilitated a materially tainted election result (very likely), McCarthy knows as well as anyone that the Democratic vote-rigging derring-do in the swing states was not legal.

The Democratic media have been exposed as morally bankrupt in their rabid partisanship and dishonesty. The Democratic-media alliance gambled everything on 2020 but in corrupting democracy in the name of protecting the country from an enemy of democracy, and in inflicting upon America an almost totally incompetent administration, the Democrats and their media allies tied themselves to a sinking ship.

Donald Trump has many failings but he is no threat to democracy. The elites have failed: the bipartisan political class, cowardly big business leaders, Wall Street, Silicon Valley, Hollywood, professional sports, almost all the political media, and the academy; all have failed miserably. This is now a war to the political death, and the Democrats have had their great feast of Belshazzar, and they will soon learn that they “have been weighed in the balance and have been found wanting” by the people.

https://townhall.com/columnists/bradsla ... n-n2601659
The Layers of Media Failures with Their January 6 Obsession
At some point, a dawning has to come over the Democrats, the journalists, and their networks that this gameplan is a losing proposition with the American public and their audience.
These politicians and media are not stupid. They are doing what they always do: doubling down and tripling down as much as necessary to keep the lies and propaganda going.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/juliorosa ... e-n2601687
Flashback: Here Is What the Media and Experts Were First Telling Us About the Vaccine
Now that the truth about COVID-19 deaths and the effectiveness of the vaccine is finally coming out, it's worth going down memory lane to look at how the experts and mainstream media tried to sell the vaccine.

While important in preventing deaths, the different vaccines have been proven to not prevent transmission or becoming ill with COVID-19.

Time and time again last year, doctors and reporters in mainstream media told the American people the vaccine prevented both transmission and becoming sick.
Lies, flip-flopping, lies to cover up lies and more propaganda. It is always great when it is in their own words.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/0 ... turn-away/
Dear Ted Cruz and Tucker Carlson, If Police Are Beating an Unconscious Woman with a Baton Until It Breaks Does an Honorable Man Turn Away?
Maybe they never heard of Rosanne Boyland, Philip Anderson or Jake Lang?

Did you know that a Jewish Trump supporter saved a Black Trump supporter’s life from the DC Police on January 6th?
The mainstream media ignored this for some reason?

Political prisoner Jake Lang is serving time in Washington DC for his actions on January 6. Jake Lang, a Jewish Trump supporter, has been held without trial and abused in the DC Gitmo for over 330 days.

Jake Lang was trampled when Capitol Police attacked and then without warning pushed Trump supporters down the stairs outside the US Capitol in Washington DC.

Jake was buried under several people when the Capitol police continued to push protesters on top of him. He was next to Rosanne Boyland who was killed by police when they trampled her and pushed Trump protesters on top of her. Jake saw Rosanne die. He saw it in her eyes. He also saw Philip Anderson’s limp body who was laying next to Rosanne Boyland. This was all while DC Police continued to beat, push and pepper spray the protesters on the ground.

That’s when Jake Lang decided to take action.

Jake, who is a former wrestler, was able to save himself and then he saved Philip Anderson who he pulled to safety.

Jake’s rescue of Philip Anderson was caught on video. The entire time he was pulling Philip to safety the police continued to beat protesters with sticks and spray them with pepper spray.

Rosanne Boyland was beaten with a stick by a police officer until it broke. We have reported on this extensively at The Gateway Pundit.

Jake saved Philip Anderson’s life.

Then he went back and confronted the police who were still attacking the Trump supporters. It should be noted that the Trump crowd was entirely peaceful until the Capitol Police decided to fire flash grenades on the men, women, children and seniors who had gathered outside the US Capitol.

Jake Lang told The Gateway Pundit in December that he has seen video from “inside the tunnel” near the US Capitol on January 6th. The Democrats and Liz Cheney refuse to release this video. Because they know it is a game-changer. Jake Lang was there that day and witnessed DC Police viciously beating seniors and women in this tunnel. Jake says the police were wailing on the Trump supporters. They used all their force to beat the unarmed Trump supporters that day. This story is not being told. Democrats and Liz Cheney refuse to release the video.

Jake believes that when the truth comes out and video is released the American public will be OUTRAGED at the latest lies of the Democrats (and Liz Cheney).

Jake Lang also said it was not surprising that the fake news media will not tell the real story. That a Jewish Trump supporter rescued a Black Trump supporter who was knocked out cold by the police that day. It doesn’t fit the leftist narrative.

Jake Lang fought back against the police that day. This was after they killed Rosanne Boyland.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » January 12, 2022, 8:46 am

Yawn. I don't want to read this novel.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » January 12, 2022, 8:52 pm

GT93 wrote:
January 12, 2022, 8:46 am
Yawn. I don't want to read this novel.
i was relying on you for the updates. now there's
two of us in the dark. it's a brilliant strategy though

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » January 14, 2022, 11:50 am

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/s ... n-n1549212
Sinema Wraps Filibuster Dagger in Dem Talking Points, Then Sticks It In

Once and for all, Joebama's socialist/communist vote-stealing agenda is D.E.A.D. before it even arrives. Sinema and Manchin are not budging. They want to be re-elected by their constituents.

https://brownstone.org/articles/the-lab ... s-collins/
The Lab Leak: The Plots and Schemes of Jeremy Farrar, Anthony Fauci, and Francis Collins

It is always great when it is in their own words. All of this taking place in the first months of this Plandemic.
In the last week of January 2020, I saw email chatter from scientists in the US suggesting the virus looked almost engineered to infect human cells. These were credible scientists proposing an incredible, and terrifying, possibility of either an accidental leak from a laboratory or a deliberate release….

It seemed a huge coincidence for a coronavirus to crop up in Wuhan, a city with a superlab. Could the novel corona-virus be anything to do with ‘gain of function’ (GOF) studies? These are studies in which viruses are deliberately genetically engineered to become more contagious and then used to infect mammals like ferrets, to track how the modified virus spreads. They are carried out in top-grade containment labs like the one in Wuhan. Viruses that infect ferrets can also infect humans, precisely the reason ferrets are a good model for studying human infection in the first place. But GOF studies always carry a tiny risk of something going wrong: the virus leaking out of the lab, or a virus infecting a lab researcher who then goes home and spreads it….

The novel coronavirus might not even be that novel at all. It might have been engineered years ago, put in a freezer, and then taken out more recently by someone who decided to work on it again. And then, maybe, there was … an accident? Labs can function for decades and often store samples for just as long. In 2014, six old vials of freeze-dried variola virus, which causes smallpox, were uncovered in a lab in Maryland, US; though the samples dated back to the 1950s, they still tested positive for variola DNA. Some viruses and microbes are disturbingly resilient. It sounded crazy but once you get into a mindset it becomes easy to connect things that are unrelated. You begin to see a pattern that is only there because of your own starting bias. And my starting bias was that it was odd for a spillover event, from animals to humans, to take off in people so immediately and spectacularly – in a city with a biolab. One standout molecular feature of the virus was a region in the genome sequence called a furin cleavage site, which enhances infectivity. This novel virus, spreading like wildfire, seemed almost designed to infect human cells….

The idea that an unnatural, highly contagious pathogen could have been unleashed, either by accident or design, catapulted me into a world that I had barely navigated before. This issue needed urgent attention from scientists – but it was also the territory of the security and intelligence services….

When I told Eliza about the suspicions over the origins of the new coronavirus, she advised that everyone involved in the delicate conversations should raise our guard, security-wise. We should use different phones; avoid putting things in emails; and ditch our normal email addresses and phone contacts.

Keep in mind, we are talking here about the last week of January. The top experts in the world were living in fear that this was actually a lab leak and perhaps a deliberate one. This consumed them completely, knowing full well that if this were true, we could see something close to a world war developing. And then the question comes up concerning responsibility.
Well, there we go. Was there ever a doubt that Fauci and so on were consumed by fear that this was a lab leak from their own colleagues and friends in Wuhan? Has he denied this? I’m not sure but this account from Farrar is pretty extraordinary proof that discovering the virus’s origins was the major concern from these official and influential scientists for the last part of January through February. Rather than thinking about things such as “How can we help doctors deal with patients?” and “Who is vulnerable to this virus and what should we say about that?”, they were consumed by discovering the origin of the virus and hiding from the public what they were doing.

Again, I am not interpreting things here. I’m only quoting what Farrar says in his own book. He reports that the experts he consulted were 80% sure it had come from a lab. They all scheduled an online meeting for February 1, 2020.
What strikes me most in retrospect concerning the idea of the lab leak is the following. During the most critical weeks leading up to the obvious spread of the virus all over the Northeast of the U.S., leading to incredible carnage in nursing homes due to egregious policies that failed to protect the vulnerable and even deliberately infected them, public health officials in the US and UK were consumed not with a proper health response but with fear of dealing with the probability that this virus was man-made in China.

They deliberated in secret. They used burner phones. They spoke only to their trusted colleagues. This went on for more than a month from late January 2020 to early March. Whether this virus originated as a lab leak or not in this case is not so much the issue; there is no question that Farrar, Collins, Fauci, and company all believed that it was likely and even probable, and they spent their time and energies plotting the spin. This fear consumed them entirely at the very moment when their job was to be thinking of the best public-health response.

Maybe their time should have been about telling the truth as they knew it? Explaining how to deal rationally with the coming virus? Helping people who are vulnerable protect themselves while explaining to everyone else that there is no point in panicking?

Instead, in the midst of the panic they both felt and then projected to the public, they urged and got lockdowns of the world’s economy, a policy response never before attempted on this scale in response to a virus.

The virus did what the virus does, and all we are left with are the breathtaking results of the pandemic response: economic carnage, cultural destruction, large amounts of unnecessary death, and an incredible paper trail of incompetence, fear, secrecy, plotting, and neglect of genuine health concerns.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/0 ... cks-death/
BREAKING NEWS: Were Capitol Police Responsible for Officer Sicknick’s Death!?
Two shocking eye-witness accounts corroborate something worse than we could have ever imagined. The Capitol Police appear to not only be responsible for the death of multiple protesters (which they lied about) but also for the death of a fellow officer, Brian Sicknick.
Two different protesters attempted to give medical aid to Sicknick, and CHP on the scene denied that aid.
After 7 hours of not receiving medical treatment Officer Brian Sicknick finally succumbed to his stroke and collapsed inside of the Capitol at approximately 10:00 PM. He died the following night after being placed on a ventilator, the family was not able to make it to the hospital in time to see him alive.

For every minute a stroke is left untreated, up to 2 million brain cells die. The speed at which a stroke is treated is detrimental to the person’s survival and prevents permanent damage. If treated promptly and properly, modern medicine has made great strides in lessening overall damage from strokes and increasing statistical survival.
As more and more time passes, more sunlight appears on all of it.

https://thepalmierireport.com/wikipedia ... t-is-joke/
Wikipedia Still Calls Spygate A “Conspiracy Theory”–Further Proving It Is Joke
Spygate was the farthest thing from a conspiracy theory.

We know the Deep State targeted Trump and his campaign.

Once they they failed at stopping his election they tried to undermine his administration and get him removed from office.

Remember, Wikipedia’s Co-founder Larry Sanger has previously called out Wikipedia’s left-wing turn saying “Nobody should trust Wikipedia.”

From The Daily Mail:
Wikipedia can no longer be trusted as a source of unbiased information since the online encyclopedia’s left-leaning volunteers cut out any news that doesn’t fit their agenda, according to the site’s co-founder.

Larry Sanger, 53, co-founded Wikipedia in 2001 alongside Jimmy Wales, said the crowdsourcing project has betrayed its original mission by reflecting the views of the ‘establishment.’

He said he agreed with the assessment that ‘teams of Democratic-leaning volunteers’ remove content that isn’t to their liking, including information about scandals linked to President Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden.

When asked by Unherd.com if Wikipedia can be trusted, he replied: ‘You can trust it to give a reliably establishment point of view on pretty much everything.

Sanger cited the entry on Joe Biden, which he says is a sanitized version that doesn’t include arguments from a GOP perspective.

‘The Biden article, if you look at it, has very little by way of the concerns that Republicans have had about him,’ Sanger said.

‘So if you want to have anything remotely resembling the Republican point of view about Biden, you’re not going to get it from the article.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » January 14, 2022, 1:05 pm

Most politicians are corrupt. Some are more skillful liars than others. The House has way too many members. Most voters have no idea of how much money these useless politicians cost the taxpayers. Their wages are a small part of the total.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » January 15, 2022, 6:06 pm

ALL OF A SUDDEN, NONE OF IT IS A CONSPIRACY ANY LONGER.

https://brownstone.org/articles/no-one- ... ave-known/
No One Could Have Known?
Events in recent days seem to suggest that the managers of the Covid narrative are attempting to effect a back-door climbdown of numerous of its longstanding articles of faith.

They are suddenly admitting that the PCR tests were deeply flawed and that huge numbers of the Covid hospitalized were admitted primarily for reasons other than the virus, from which we can deduce that many died often or even mostly because of other maladies.

They are handing out directives that say that diagnoses for Covid should be derived (who knew!) primarily from symptomology and not from testing. They also are now admitting that we are suffering a massive mental health crisis, especially among our young.

They are even—albeit in a weaselly way—admitting the reality of natural immunity when, as is happening in many places, they welcome the previously-infected to come back to work in hospitals and home care facilities with few questions asked shortly after their bouts of illness.

Just what they expect to gain from this is not clear. If I had to guess, I’d say they are banking, in their typical arrogant fashion, on the fact that most people lack any functioning sense of social memory.

In this light, I thought it might be fun to revisit and re-run the article that I published in August 22, 2020 at Off-Guardian. It follows below.

Ready for another rendition of the “no one could have known” routine made famous by all the self-proclaimed liberals who shamelessly went along with the Neo-Cons planned and lie-supported destruction of the Middle East nearly two decades ago?

As in “no one could have known” that by shutting down life as we know it to focus obsessively on a virus mostly affecting what is still a relatively small number of people at the end of their lives (yes, oh squeamish ones we must summon the courage to talk about Quality Adjusted Life Years when making public policy) we probably would:

1. Cause economic devastation and hence excess deaths, suicides, divorces depressions in much larger numbers than those killed by the virus.

2. Provide an already monopolistic and predatory online retailing establishment with competitive advantages in terms of capital reserves and market share that will make it virtually impossible at any time in the near or medium future for the country’s and the world’s small and even medium-sized businesses to ever catch up to them. And that this will plunge huge sectors of the world-wide economy into serf-like ruin, with all that this portends in terms of additional death and human suffering.

3. Cause greatly increased misery and countless additional deaths in the so-called Global South where many people, rightly or wrongly, depend on the consumption patterns of us relatively fortunate sit-at-homers to make it through the week.

4. Destroy much of what was attractive about urban life as we know it and lead to a real estate collapse of extraordinary proportions, turning even our few remaining showplace cities into crime-ridden reserves of ever more desperate people.

5. Force state and local governments, already struggling before the crisis, and unable to print at money at will like the Feds, to cut their already insufficient budgets at a time when their broke and stressed constituents need those services more than ever.

6. Push “smart” monitoring of our lives, already intolerable for anyone still clinging to memories of freedom in the pre-September 11th world, to the point where most people will no longer understand what people used to know as privacy, intimacy or the simple dignity of being left alone.

7. Train of a generation of children to be fearful and distrustful of others from day one, and to view bending to diktats “to keep them safe”, (no matter how empirically dubious the actual threat to them might be), rather than the courageous pursuit of joy and human fullness, as the key goal in life.

We will also no doubt be told that no one could have imagined or known at the time:

That governments often make policy on the basis of information they know to be largely unsubstantiated or flat-out false. Because they know (Karl Rove spilled the beans in his famous interview with Ron Susskind) that by the time the few conscientious researchers out there get around looking past the hype to debunk their initial storylines, the structures favorable to them put into place on the basis of the false narrative will have been normalized, and thus be in no danger of being dismantled.

That our educational institutions, already failing miserably in the essential democratic task of educating the young to engage in productive conflict with those whose ideas are different than their own, will only further promote dehumanization of “the other” through ever-greater reliance on the disembodied practices of remote learning. And that this, in turn, will only encourage the further growth of the “drive-by shooting” approach to “coping” with new and challenging ideas seen so often in our public “discussions” in recent years.

That further fomenting the alienated and alienating educational practices mentioned above will make than it easier than it already is for our oligarchs to enhance their already obscene levels control over our daily lives and long-term destinies through divide and rule tactics.

That according to the Institute for Democracy and Election Assistance (IDEA) fully twos thirds of elections scheduled to be held since February have been postponed due to COVID. And that this does much to accustom citizens and populations to the idea that one of their few remaining democratic rights can essentially be taken away on the basis of bureaucratic whims, creating a dangerous “new normal” that obviously favors the interests of established centers of power.

That Sweden and other countries developed much more proportionate, culture-saving and dignity-saving ways to live safely and much more fully with the virus.

That Anthony Fauci has a well-documented tendency to see every health problem as being amenable to expensive pharmaceutical solutions (some might even call it corruption), even when other less intrusive, less expensive, and equally effective therapies are available.

That the recent history of using vaccines to fight respiratory infections has been ineffective when not grotesquely counterproductive.

That during the first half of the 20th century the infectious disease of polio was a constant danger, culminating in 1952 with a devastating toll of 3,145 deaths and 21,269 cases of paralysis in a US population of 162,000,000, almost all of the victims being children and young adults. The danger then to the under-24 population (some 34 million) of being infected (.169%) paralyzed (.044%) or killed (.0092%) far outstripped in percentages and, obviously, severity anything COVID is doing to the same age group. And yet there was no talk of blanket school closures, cancelled high school, college and pro sports or, needless to say, lockdowns or masking for the entire society.

That the world lost some 1.1 million people in the 1957-58 Asian flu epidemic (more than the present COVID number of 760,000), with some 116,000 in the US (.064% of the population) and the world similarly did not stop.

That the Hong Kong flu of 1968-69 killed between 1 and 4 million worldwide and some 100,000 in the US (.048% of population killed) and that life similarly was not stopped. Indeed, Woodstock took place in the middle of it.

That the decisions to get on with life in all of these cases were probably not the result, as some today might be tempted suggest, of a lack of scientific knowledge or lesser concern for the value of life, but rather a keener understanding in the more historically-minded heads of that time that risk is always part of life and that aggressive attempts to eliminate this most ubiquitous human reality can often lead to severe unwanted consequences.

That there were many prestigious scientists, including Nobel prize winners, who told us as early as March that this virus, while new, would in greater or lesser measure behave much like all viruses before it and fade away. And, therefore, the best way to deal with it was to let it run its course while protecting the most vulnerable people in society and letting everyone else live their lives.

That significant information platforms banned or sidelined the views of these high-prestige scientists, while aggressively circulating the words of jokers like Neil Ferguson at Imperial College, whose stupid and alarmist predictions of COVID mortality (the latest in a career full of stupid and alarmist, but not coincidentally, pharmaceutical-industry-friendly predictions), gave politicians the pretext for setting in motion perhaps the most aggressive experiment in social engineering in the history of the world.

That just as the levels of mortality from the virus were diminishing rapidly in the late spring and early summer of 2020, thus raising hope for a much-needed return to normality, there was seamless bait and switch in the major media from a discourse centering on the logical and laudable goal of “flattening the curve” to one centered on the absurdly utopian (and not coincidentally vaccine-oriented) goal of eliminating new “cases”.

That having the news media focus narrowly and obsessively on the growth of “cases” when 99%+ of them are completely non-life-threatening was journalistic malpractice of the highest order, comparable to, if not exceeding in its sinister effect that which was generated by the media’s wholly unsubstantiated talk of mushroom clouds and WMD two decades ago, talk that led (so sorry brown people) to the deaths of millions and the destruction of entire civilizations in the Middle East.

That government and corporate power holders, having successfully habituated people to engage in major solidarity-destroying social changes through the repetition of the largely meaningless term “case“, will surely come to rely on it and other breathlessly repeated, albeit largely empty, signifiers to paralyze society at will, especially at those times when the people appear to be waking up and coming together to demand a change In the existing balance of social power.

That as numerous existing and emerging studies seem to demonstrate, hydroxychloroquine is, when combined with other similarly affordable drugs, a safe and rather effective early-stage treatment for COVID 19.

That the negative studies on hydroxychloroquine effectiveness published at two of the most prestigious medical journals in the world The Lancet and the New England Journal of Medicine, and which were adduced time and again at a key moment in the early debate of possible COVID treatments to debunk the drug’s effectiveness, were found to be based on forged data sets. (see earlier entry on how power centers play the game of perception lag with false information to achieve long-term structural changes)

That suggesting world-class professional athletes in their 20s and 30s, or even their less talented and less fit high school and college counterparts, were running a risk of mortal consequences in even minimal numbers by playing in the midst of the COVID spread was, in light of known age-related numbers on the disease’s lethality, at best ridiculous and, at worst, a very cynical fear-mongering ploy.

Repeat after me, “no one could have possibly known these things” and then check your screen to see, as citizens of Oceania, whether you are supposed to be worried this week about the threat from Eurasia or Eastasia.

And, of course, I’d be remiss if I didn’t remind you to mask up real tight, especially in light of the CDC numbers — you’ll have to forgive here for breaking with the rich tradition of pure panic-driven narrative and moving to the realm of empirical figures — which tell us that up until this point in our “everything must change” crisis:

0.011% of the US population under 65 have died of COVID
0.005% of the US population under 55 have died of COVID
0.0009% of the US population under 35 have died of COVID
0.0002% of the US population under 25 have died of COVID
0.00008% of the US population under 15 have died of COVID
And as for the most “high risk” people?

0.23% of the US population over 65 have died of COVID

Though they’ve tried to sell it otherwise, this thing has very little, if anything, to do with great-grandma’s Spanish flu of 1918.

Indeed, it not even completely clear if it is cumulatively worse in terms of loss of life than the influenzas outbreaks of 1957-58 or 1968-69 that most everyone slept through. But, I guess that doesn’t matter when there’s a narrative to keep.

Might it be time to ask if there might be something else afoot with all this?

All of a sudden, the "experts" are walking back EVERYTHING.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » January 15, 2022, 7:00 pm

It's all theater.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » January 17, 2022, 10:50 am

Giggle wrote:
January 15, 2022, 7:00 pm
It's all theater.
And when the bureaucratic propaganda finally all comes crashing down (and it has started), none of the ones who were fooled (just like the Obama voters) will ever admit it. They will defend their sheepish willingness to follow as they have to keep getting jabbed with that 'whatever-it-is' shot and sister boosters forever.

I would be willing to bet that this is the first time in history that the ineffectiveness of a medicine (it is not a vaccine) is being blamed on those who chose not to take it.

https://brownstone.org/articles/what-mi ... -and-care/
What Might Have Been: Calm, Protection, and Care
Why did this happen? Why did Farrar, Fauci, Collins, Birx, and the whole rest of the gang that had been living on burner phones and holding secret meetings for a full month not openly explain to the public the risks and what to do about them? Why did they choose instead a policy of lockdowns, panic, and disorientation that resulted in astonishing economic, social, cultural, and political carnage?

We’ll be asking these questions for a very long time. But it is impossible not to imagine the counterfactuals. Early on, I got to work researching the responses to previous pandemics: 1968-69 and 1957-58, for example. The response was very clear. Keep calm. See your doctor if you are sick. Avoid the pathogen if you are vulnerable. And keep society functioning while we meet the virus as we always have: upgraded immune systems to take account of the newest threat. Yes, vaccines can be part of that if the pathogen is stable enough to be so treated.

For reasons we do not yet understand, this old wisdom and clarity that worked time after time in the past was tossed out and replaced with a new fangled scheme to lock down everything and shatter social functioning. We knew with certainty now that none of this was necessary because we had access to very clear and accurate reports on the demographics of risk. Nor did it work, by whatever metric you want to measure what it means to work. Nearly two years later, we have record cases, massive social division and anger, plus vast amounts of death, much of which might never have occurred had we taken a different approach.

Figuring out why sound public-health practice was rejected in favor of lockdowns is the job of writers and researchers for many years to come. But this much we know already. We had the information we needed to rationally address this threat. We had the experience and knowledge we needed to approach this responsibly and scientifically. A very small group of people on both sides of the Atlantic chose a different path.

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/v ... ts-office/
Virginia’s new Attorney General is already kicking ass…

Americans who love their country welcomed Virginia back to the United States during the swearing in of newly elected state officials who also love their state and their country.
On his first day, Virginia Attorney General Jason Miyares announced he will prosecute criminal cases in jurisdictions where Soros DAs decline to prosecute, and he has already opened investigations into Loudon County Public Schools.
Vaccine mandates gone. Mask mandates gone.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/r ... e-n1549906
Clueless: Woke FBI Downplays Anti-Semitic Aspect of Hostage-Taking at Texas Synagogue

Jihadi holds innocent Jews hostage in return for the release of a terrorist. Nothing to do with antisemitism.
The jihadi who stormed the Congregation Beth Israel synagogue in Colleyville, Texas, and took hostages Saturday, demanding the release of convicted jihad terrorist Aafia Siddiqui, is dead, and the hostages are safe. And now comes the real work: whitewashing, downplaying, and ignoring outright what took place, because it doesn’t fit the establishment narrative.

FBI Special Agent in Charge Matt DeSarno got the ball rolling when he said, “We do believe from our engagement with this subject that he was singularly focused on one issue, uh, and it was not specifically related to the Jewish community, uh, but we’re continuing to work to find motive and, and we will continue on that path.”
This is even more hilarious:
The FBI released information on Malik Faisal Akram as a 44-year-old “British national” from Blackburn, Lancashire with mental health issues. They are trying very hard to whitewash and deny motives of the hostage-taker.

https://thebluestateconservative.com/20 ... ase-count/
MSM Corruption Continues: To Help Bailout Dems, The AP Will No Longer Emphasize COVID Case Count

All of a sudden, case numbers no longer matter. The death count no longer matters.

The fear mongering hair-on-fire propaganda is all unraveling.
The far-left corporate media and news outlets tirelessly reported the increasing number of COVID cases and death from April of 2020 until President Trump left office.

Television news networks, like CNN, placed a box on their home page that included COVID updates around the clock. Unlike the flu, the number continued to grow year-round, not starting over with the next year’s “season” thus making the number appear still out of control.

With the Democrats controlling Congress and the White House the past year, the media is working overtime trying to provide cover for the administration’s disastrous first year.

https://thebluestateconservative.com/20 ... est-of-us/
Narratives Shifting: The “Experts” Catch Up To The Rest Of Us
In the span of the last week, it has been amazing to watch the media narrative of Covid crumble. Between corporate press lackeys and self-appointed experts eating crow, it has been a terrific week for truth, science, and freedom. One Danish newspaper even openly apologized for its journalist failure of blindly accepting the government narrative. Still, this all needs to be tempered; after all, it’s not as if they are excited to be reporting this news. It’s just that they can’t not report it anymore. The Covid lies are becoming that obvious.

As a backdrop to these shifting messages and general reminder of the elites’ duplicitousness, less than one month ago the Brandon administration released a bizarre memorandum to the American people declaring that the latest variant, Omicron, was a harbinger of a “severe winter of illness and death” for anyone yet to be injected with mRNA technology. Despite South African doctors recognizing that their Omicron wave had already dissipated around the same time (having come and gone with minimal severe illness and even less death), Team Brandon made sure to escalate fear and outrage against the so-called unvaccinated. For good measure many Democrat-run cities and states mandated masks on even the vaccinated population just to remind them who was in charge.

From the onset of its alleged discovery, Omicron never posed a serious risk, and indeed could be seen as a scientific miracle that enabled millions of people to develop natural immunity at a fraction of the risk to either previous variants or the vaccines themselves. Nevertheless, the lies – indeed, the misinformation – from nefarious media and political sources sought to foment as much panic around Omicron as it had in the earliest days of pandemic.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 17, 2022, 2:13 pm

Judging by a lot of the press releases by News outlets and even the newspapers,a lot of the American population resemble :
Lemmings :
The truth is that every three or four years in some regions, the lemming population drops to near extinction; then skyrockets again. This ebb and flow in their numbers is the result of a mass migration, which may include jumping off of cliffs into the water

Hopefully sane people will recover their marbles and start to think

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » January 18, 2022, 1:14 am

The nutbar right aren't all on the same page. From The Washington Post:
The far-right firebrands and conspiracy theorists of the pro-Trump Internet have a new enemy: each other.

QAnon devotees are livid at their former hero Michael Flynn for accurately calling their jumbled credo “total nonsense.” Donald Trump superfans have voiced a sense of betrayal because the former president, booed for getting a coronavirus immunization booster, has become a “vaccine salesman.” And attorney Lin Wood seems mad at pretty much everyone, including former allies on the scattered “elite strike-force team” investigating nonexistent mass voter fraud.

After months of failing to disprove the reality of Trump’s 2020 presidential election loss, some of the Internet’s most popular right-wing provocateurs are grappling with the pressures of restless audiences, saturated markets, ongoing investigations and millions of dollars in legal bills.

The result is a chaotic melodrama, playing out via secretly recorded phone calls, personal attacks in podcasts, and a seemingly endless stream of posts on Twitter, Gab and Telegram calling their rivals Satanists, communists, pedophiles or “pay-triots” — money-grubbing grifters exploiting the cause.

The infighting reflects the diminishing financial rewards for the merchants of right-wing disinformation, whose battles center not on policy or doctrine but on the treasures of online fame: viewer donations and subscriptions; paid appearances at rallies and conferences; and crowds of followers to buy their books and merchandise.

But it also reflects a broader confusion in the year since QAnon’s faceless nonsense-peddler, Q, went mysteriously silent.

Without Q’s cryptic messages, influencers who once hung on Q’s every “drop” have started fighting to “grab the throne to become the new point person for the movement,” said Sara Aniano, a Monmouth University graduate student of communication studying far-right rhetoric and conspiracy theories on social media ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... -war-jan6/

Pretty much as I'd expect with a bunch of crazies.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 18, 2022, 8:58 am

GT93 wrote:
January 18, 2022, 1:14 am
The nutbar right aren't all on the same page.
My first thought was this may have something to do with Preacher Dan maintaining radio silence for the past few days.

But then I remembered he is a "centrist". 8)

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 18, 2022, 9:53 am

Apparently the My Pillow Guy, Mike Liddell, has some pretty damning evidence that’s going to put 300+ million people in jail. That will leave about 20+ million people to run the United States. Wonder if he’s back to doing crack, or maybe he never stopped? True nut case.

Return to “World News”