America coming apart at the seams?

World news discussion forum
mech_401
udonmap.com

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by mech_401 » June 9, 2020, 6:40 pm

what ever happened on your tour across america
doodoo? you had some really bad experiences?
much like whistler? harboring grudges way back

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 9, 2020, 7:15 pm

I look at some of the negative post about Police with disbelief. It is so easy for any A….Hole to find or take an individual act that is Negative and then cast dispersion's over the whole of the Police force (s) throughout the USA. Try posting about some of the positive things that Police persons do every day to save and protect lives. You might be amazed at what they actually do daily. =D> =D>

The same can be said about those in the 70’s, who labeled all the Soldiers that fought and died in Vietnam, as “Baby Killers”, whilst they themselves simply walked around the nice clean paved streets of USA and Australia, protesting and labeling all of the Soldiers, in the way they did. What a gutless bunch of people they were, with their simplistic protests and the way they treated/labelled those who fought. From a personal point I was disgusted with the way the Australian government (of the day and later) and many of the so called intelligent people treated our Vet’s.

Equally, I am disgusted with how some on the Forum deliberately go out of their just to post negatives about the Police and denigrate the whole police force of the USA, whilst also suggesting they are all racist towards African Americans or all White Supremacists. It's very easy to throw rocks, but a lot f…..ken harder to catch them.

If you are an intelligent and I do wonder about some, then get a grip of yourselves and try and understand/imagine, what the everyday lives of your average Policeman and Policewoman is like, in the USA and how hard it must be form some of them every day, before you just throw them all in the same Pot. Particularly those with families. :-k

I suspect it is not a bed or roses each day they go out into the streets or rock up to someone’s front door not knowing what or who is inside. A bit like playing Russian Roulette when the Police go out to work each day, in some parts of the USA. :-k :-k

A quick search of the web tells me the average Police Officers salary in the USA is around $30 per hour or $61,270 per year. Just not enough for what they must have to do day in day out. Entry level appears to be around $ 32,000 – Phew

Just my two cents worth

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on June 10, 2020, 10:40 am, edited 6 times in total.
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 9, 2020, 7:18 pm

vlad wrote:
June 9, 2020, 4:11 pm
Poor Policing Whistler or a total lack of Training. Thy need to completely clear the Decks and bring in the UK to train and how to deal with Citizens, its clear your techniques and training are not adequate and never will be without outside help. You have to teach them like our trainees are taught. At least a year in the classroom then shadow a senior mature beat bobby who knows the people and areas he Beats.
Kinda with you on this one Vlad,

I have to balance that with an observation that cultural attitudes, I think that plays a role. I have always noticed the difference between USA and other countries when traveling. LAX customs and immigration officials are stern faced, unfriendly and abrupt. Even busy airports like Heathrow, HK, Singapore and Sydney I find much more laid back.

I have a big chunk of metal in my lower right leg, so metal detectors go off most of the time. Most places I explain a steel plate and after a hand scanner and an obvious huge scar, no problems. In the USA I get crudely bundled into a body scanner, often quite aggressively. I even had one huge LAX African American gal bundle me in with her hand hovering over her holster. It took all my self control not to burst out laughing.

Not much grace with uniformed US officials, I put down to how US officials think they should act, mean and tough. Don't mess with me fella, I have a big gun and I'm not afraid to use it.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » June 9, 2020, 7:35 pm

Funny, i had a very similar incident. I have metal in one arm. Their hand-help scanner kept beeping, they put me through the full-body scanner, then came a big lady, she looked at my arm and said << i can t touch you i ll get my supervisor >>.
Supervisor arrived 15 minutes later, again look at my arm and said something like << this is a recent surgery>> (no it had been done years before ), kind of insinyating that i could had done it to hide something. Back to the full-body scanner, both the lady and the supervisor looking on. I could hear over the PA system my name was being called to report to the boarding gate IMMEDIATELY. I did not say aything and they let me go . OUFF.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 9, 2020, 7:38 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
June 9, 2020, 7:15 pm
I look at some of the negative post about Police with disbelief. It is so easy for any A….Hole find or take an individual act that is Negative and then cast dispersion's over the whole of the Police force (s) throughout the USA. Try posting about some of the positive things that the Police persons do every day to save and protect lives. You might be amazed at what they actually do daily. =D> =D>

The same can be said about those in the 70’s, who labeled all the Soldiers that fought and died in Vietnam, as “Baby Killers”, whilst they themselves simply walked around the nice clean paved streets of USA and Australia, protesting and labeling all of the Soldiers, in the way they did. What a gutless bunch of people they were, with their simplistic protests and the way they treated/labelled those who fought. From a personal point I was disgusted with the way the Australian government (of the day and later) and many of the so called intelligent people treated our Vet’s.

Equally, I am disgusted with how some on the Forum deliberately go out of their just to post negatives about the Police and denigrate the whole police force of the USA, whilst also suggesting they are all racist towards African Americans or all White Supremacists. It's very easy to throw rocks, but a lot f…..ken harder to catch them.

If you are an intelligent and I do wonder out some, then get a grip of yourselves and try and understand/imagine, what the everyday lives of your average Policeman and Police woman is like, in the USA and how hard it must be form some of them every day, before you through them all in the same Pot. Particularly those with families. :-k

I suspect it is not a bed or roses each day they go out into the streets or rock up to someone’s front door not knowing what or who is inside. A bit like playing Russian Roulette when the Police go out to work each day, in some parts of the USA. :-k :-k

A quick search of the web tells me the average Police Officers salary in the USA is around $30 per hour or $61,270 per year. Just not enough for what they must have to do day in day out. Entry level appears to be around $ 32,000 – Phew

Just my two cents worth

pipoz4444
Your two cents worth is overpriced.

I was very active in protesting about Vietnam and thank goodness Whitlam got us out of that mess as soon as he was elected.

As for gutless, no way, my father was secretary of the Vietnam protest movement. 18 years in the British Army, wounded in Libya, fought on D-Day etc, etc, there were many like him, distinguished soldiers who were far from gutless so don't spout your simplistic twaddle against people that stood up and marched for their deeply held principles.

As for the Vietnam War, it achieved nothing. Too many dead and far too many damaged. A thoroughly stupid war that the public had every right to protest about. As for the soldiers, only a few idiots in the protest movement targeted soldiers, the target was the government.

The veterans were treated much more badly by the government that sent them into battle and the RSL old guard who were an utter disgrace.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 9, 2020, 7:44 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
I look at some of the negative post about Police with disbelief. It is so easy for any A….Hole find or take an individual act that is Negative and then cast dispersion's over the whole of the Police force (s) throughout the USA. Try posting about some of the positive things that the Police persons do every day to save and protect lives. You might be amazed at what they actually do daily. =D> =D>

If you are an intelligent and I do wonder out some, then get a grip of yourselves and try and understand/imagine, what the everyday lives of your average Policeman and Police woman is like, in the USA and how hard it must be form some of them every day, before you through them all in the same Pot. Particularly those with families. :-k

Just my two cents worth

pipoz4444
Did anyone hold a gun to their heads and force them to wear a uniform and work for peanuts?

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 9, 2020, 7:55 pm

What kind of police force slashes car tyres, pushes OAPs to the ground , and kneels on there necks till they die Pipoz.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 9, 2020, 8:19 pm

Whistler wrote:
June 9, 2020, 7:38 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:

Just my two cents worth

pipoz4444
Your two cents worth is overpriced.

I was very active in protesting about Vietnam and thank goodness Whitlam got us out of that mess as soon as he was elected.

As for gutless, no way, my father was secretary of the Vietnam protest movement. 18 years in the British Army, wounded in Libya, fought on D-Day etc, etc, there were many like him, distinguished soldiers who were far from gutless so don't spout your simplistic twaddle against people that stood up and marched for their deeply held principles.

As for the Vietnam War, it achieved nothing. Too many dead and far too many damaged. A thoroughly stupid war that the public had every right to protest about. As for the soldiers, only a few idiots in the protest movement targeted soldiers, the target was the government.

The veterans were treated much more badly by the government that sent them into battle and the RSL old guard who were an utter disgrace.
Good for you, but I wouldn't brag about it

Either way, you missed the point about the Vietnam war. My post referred to the treatment of the Soldiers who went to Vietnam, many of which had no say in it. I some way their treatment reflect how the Police of American are being portrayed to the public and world at present, by both those protesting and those in the Media.

As the the issue of Achievement by the Vietnam War, it is irrelevant to this post and was and always will remain Political. A different subject matter. Don't forget many of those who had to fight in that war and all the other before it did not get a choice, they were Drafted/Conscripted and then unfairly Labeled, by those back home. You may well have sung a different song if you had been Drafter.

I do agree with your statement that "The veterans were treated much more badly by the government that sent them into battle and the RSL old guard who were an utter disgrace" , which as I indicated in my second paragraph, but also equally by some of the people back home.

Enough said about Vietnam and back to the post thread, as this debated is about the Police Force of America and how they are being treated and viewed

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 9, 2020, 8:52 pm

pip,

They had 100% say in it. If you were a conscript in Australia you were allowed to refuse to go to Vietnam and do your time in Oz. Conscripts were not compelled to serve in Vietnam.

You miss the point of my response. You talked about gutless protesters, they were far from gutless. They marched in protest against a particularly dumb war. South Vietnam was as corrupt as it gets, extra judicial killings, enormous abuses. The Viet Kong were equally as bad, a nasty civil war, no good guys and not worth one Australian life.

Why did it happen, because McNamara believed in 'The Domino Theory', a disgraced theory given historical review, and damned dumb on the day. McNamara had no experience in foreign affairs or military actions, he was appointed solely because he was a success at Ford as the father of the Falcon. Dumb beyond belief, a dumb war started by people who had NFI about the subject, then opposed by people who thought it was a dumb war.

Yet you think you can belittle people who not only stood up to a stupid government decision, but have been proven to be correct by any historical review of the Vietnam war.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 9, 2020, 9:10 pm

As for complaining about cops in America, I am not the only one that has lived there and been shocked by the attitude and entrenched racism. Despite being first hand witnesses on this subject, we are not entitled to express our opinions.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 9, 2020, 9:57 pm

Pip, you have NFI if was drafted, born 1948, what do you think? That's another story irrelevant to this thread

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » June 10, 2020, 3:14 pm

interesting anecdote: i think it was baltimore '15
a very similar incident. freddie gray? black fellow
trundled in a police van and died. (obviously wrong) these guys need " monthly" new training

riots, burning, looting, and after it quieted down, the police simply stopped policing. oh they answered emergency calls but not much else
charged w/murder & then acquitted i guess

but c'mon, we're asking the impossible. from battle mode to teddy bear posing for photos. you
can't be a chameleon all day long. soon, no-one
will do the job. which i guess is what some want

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 10, 2020, 4:42 pm

mech_401 wrote:
June 10, 2020, 3:14 pm
... but c'mon, we're asking the impossible. from battle mode to teddy bear posing for photos. you
can't be a chameleon all day long. soon, no-one
will do the job. which i guess is what some want
It would have been easy to get off Mr. Floyd's neck when he complained he was struggling to breathe.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » June 10, 2020, 4:49 pm

story broke today that in fact , these two knew each other. derek chauvin & george floyd. from
the niteclub. there were personal differences .
anyone who watched that video could see, something was " off" about it. chauvin admittedly
overaggressive & recipient of numerous complaints. what i'm saying is, it appears to be a
personal beef , not a racially motivated homicide.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 10, 2020, 6:05 pm

GT,

It is no longer about George Floyd, and has not been for quite some time.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » June 10, 2020, 6:33 pm

you know what precipitated the rodney individual riots
in '92 ? weeks of korean-american vs black american turf wars. tensions were already simmering over . after leading multiple police cars
& a helicopter on a high speed chase exceeding 100 mph( under the influence) officers used
excessive force subduing him believing him to be
on pcp. riots,looting,burning for a week after that

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » June 10, 2020, 7:03 pm

nothing more hysterical than scots & kiwis lecturing with righteous indignation on the unfair, racist treatment of blacks in other countries

when the percentage of blacks in both scotland
and new zealand . . . hovers at roughly 1 %

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 10, 2020, 7:20 pm

mech_401 wrote:
June 10, 2020, 7:03 pm
nothing more hysterical than scots & kiwis lecturing with righteous indignation on the unfair, racist treatment of blacks in other countries

when the percentage of blacks in both scotland
and new zealand . . . hovers at roughly 1 %
Mech I do not disagree about the differences.

When you have real ghettos as opposed to a few streets and small neighborhood, the problem has a different dimension. The one size fits all, is not a solution.

What I am guessing here is this is a seminal event for America. It is up to America to find a solution, not any other nation that does not have the same problems. A whole lot of resentment has spilled over. It has more in common with a peasants revolt or a mini French Revolution.

People who feel oppressed have had enough, they are mobilised demanding change.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » June 10, 2020, 9:28 pm

i have no idea what you're blathering on about
and i seriously don't think you do either ? 1st you
say it's police brutality , now you vacillate and
say it's people feeling oppressed? were you to
ask the rioters/ looters , you'd probably get some
different answers there too. all over the board

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 10, 2020, 9:39 pm

mech_401 wrote:
June 10, 2020, 4:49 pm
story broke today that in fact , these two knew each other. derek chauvin & george floyd. from
the niteclub. there were personal differences .
anyone who watched that video could see, something was " off" about it. chauvin admittedly
overaggressive & recipient of numerous complaints. what i'm saying is, it appears to be a
personal beef , not a racially motivated homicide.
Their acquaintance broke maybe a week ago already, they're being fellow bouncers at the club and all.

Maybe Chauvin thought it was his lucky day and could kill the black guy while on duty?

Same result. A man died needlessly while three other cops watched.

Return to “World News”