America coming apart at the seams?

World news discussion forum
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by newtovillagelife » June 26, 2020, 10:44 am

Here’s how extreme America’s belief in freedumb — freedom as the absence of any kind of obligation or responsibility to anything greater than narrow, immediate, infantile self-satisfaction — has gotten. Americans aren’t just congregating in parks and beaches during a global pandemic. They’re literally the only people in the world who just voted against better healthcare (from Bernie and Liz) in the middle of a pandemic. Think about the scale of such folly for a moment. What kind of people vote for worse healthcare…during a pandemic? John Cleese would struggle to make a face that expressed the surreal tragicomedy of such a thing. But that’s what Americans did…what they do, over and over and over again.

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » June 26, 2020, 11:10 am

There are individuals whose education, experience and competence enables then to properly analyze and discuss the political and social situation. I believe the following is one example.

Identity politics and the Marxist lie of white privilege
https://youtu.be/PfH8IG7Awk0

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 26, 2020, 11:50 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
June 26, 2020, 10:44 am
Here’s how extreme America’s belief in freedumb — freedom as the absence of any kind of obligation or responsibility to anything greater than narrow, immediate, infantile self-satisfaction — has gotten. Americans aren’t just congregating in parks and beaches during a global pandemic. They’re literally the only people in the world who just voted against better healthcare (from Bernie and Liz) in the middle of a pandemic. Think about the scale of such folly for a moment. What kind of people vote for worse healthcare…during a pandemic? John Cleese would struggle to make a face that expressed the surreal tragicomedy of such a thing. But that’s what Americans did…what they do, over and over and over again.
The is a good reason for this village.

Privileged white Americans do not want their tax money to go to provide universal health care to the poor, who they consider to be a sub culture to be left to live in their own impoverished strata. They think this is the choice these people have made and it is up to them to drag themselves out of poverty.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 26, 2020, 12:03 pm

TJ wrote:
June 26, 2020, 11:10 am
There are individuals whose education, experience and competence enables then to properly analyze and discuss the political and social situation. I believe the following is one example.

Identity politics and the Marxist lie of white privilege
https://youtu.be/PfH8IG7Awk0
Universal suffrage takes no heed of education, takes no heed of experience and no heed of competence. It simply states that all adults have a right to hold their own beliefs.

Very few Marxists left in the non communist Western World, it's used as a label to denigrate those who hold Progressive political views. I am a Progressive, but by no means a Marxist.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 26, 2020, 4:38 pm

New U.S. COVID-19 cases surpass peak set in April as states rethink strategy

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus- ... 29008.html

USA is not looking good at all

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 27, 2020, 4:24 am

Oh well not to worry covid is rising higher then ever specially in Miami where lockdown is going to be issued again. With Mike Pence ignoring the Senators and still in denial it's rising. Some lame excuses for breaking the rules range from " How am I to play my Saxophone with a mask on " and why should I be forced to wear a mask. You can't make it up some of these idiots.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » June 27, 2020, 6:58 am

vlad wrote:
June 27, 2020, 4:24 am
Oh well not to worry covid is rising higher then ever specially in Miami where lockdown is going to be issued again. With Mike Pence ignoring the Senators and still in denial it's rising. Some lame excuses for breaking the rules range from " How am I to play my Saxophone with a mask on " and why should I be forced to wear a mask. You can't make it up some of these idiots.
If I recall correctly, Pence believes that you use prayer to overcome the virus. 'Nuf said.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 27, 2020, 7:16 am

Udon Map wrote:
June 27, 2020, 6:50 am
vlad wrote:
If I recall correctly, Pence believes that you use prayer to overcome the virus. 'Nuf said.
That reminds me of my dear departed gran always prayed before entering public toilets and warned me about toilet seats and the deseases that linger there upon.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 27, 2020, 7:45 am

The US city where Black Lives Matter protests began a month ago has just voted to close down its police force, in the wake of George Floyd’s death.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 27, 2020, 9:13 am

what amazes me, is this. We know both Trump and Pence have been ridiculous leaders with this pandemic, we know philosophically Republicans from the getgo have downplayed, ignored and put public safety behind commercial considerations, all this has been the US official line for months.

But riddle me this Batman 'Why have individual Americans ignored taking steps to ensure their own safety'?

40,000 new cases in one day? It staggers belief.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 27, 2020, 9:43 am

Whistler wrote:
June 27, 2020, 9:13 am
what amazes me, is this. We know both Trump and Pence have been ridiculous leaders with this pandemic, we know philosophically Republicans from the getgo have downplayed, ignored and put public safety behind commercial considerations, all this has been the US official line for months.

But riddle me this Batman 'Why have individual Americans ignored taking steps to ensure their own safety'?

40,000 new cases in one day? It staggers belief.
Easy riddle robin the majority of the population may get sick but wont die
USA is not even at 1% of having tested for the virus yet

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 27, 2020, 9:49 am

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries as of June 27 02:00 no new cases in the US

www.corona.help June 26th figures show the USA reporting 610 new infections

Where are you getting 40,000 new cases in one day
610 from one site and zero from the other certainly doesnt stagger someone

As for the question "why have Americans ignored taking steps to ensure their own safety?"

Here are some answers that may help you along
1) They , not all, are fools and are not following the precautions, washing hands, masks, distancing etc

2) Alot of Christians in the US and believers that the Big Guy will look after them

3) As the Orange Wonder said "We need to slow down on the testing and that will bring the numbers down" Ifyour numbers are correct it appears that hasnt happened yet

4) They screwed up from the get go, not closing their borders, not having enough material to battle this ( what is it 10 aircraft carriers in the fleet but not enough ventilators or masks available?) An Aircraft Carrier named CVN-78 Gerald R Ford has a cost of around $13.5 billion. A N95 mask is about $3 or about 4.5 billion masks

5) The USA had NO PLAN ( Benjamin Franklin supposedly once said, “If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” Sir Winston Churchill is credited with another, oft repeated, saying: “Those who fail to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.” And along that same vein there’s the phrase we hear often in the workplace, “learn from your mistakes.”)

Hope this helps

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 27, 2020, 10:03 am

Udon Map wrote:
June 27, 2020, 6:58 am
vlad wrote:
Worked well for the Indonesians.

NOT!

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 27, 2020, 10:12 am

noosard wrote:
June 27, 2020, 9:43 am
the majority of the population may get sick but wont die
Noosard, you are 100% correct with this statement and it needs repeating.

It seems to me that the largest cluster of nonsense scared people of corona virus, are on the Udon Map forum.

Like I've said before, everyone on here is financially secure, and have no regard for the welfare of anyone else.
Millions of people are going bankrupt and will never recover from the situation, but Udon Map members don't care.
Just keep the world closed up, live in their cocoons, "F" everyone else [-X

The most selfish cluster of people I have ever dealt with

Oh boy, I'm gunna get some nonsense from this post, that's for sure :lol:
Last edited by mickojak on June 27, 2020, 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » June 27, 2020, 10:13 am

I'm still of the opinion that eventually the vast majority of the population will have been exposed. Lock downs and other controls merely slow the spread and keep the hospitals from being overwhelmed. It's doubtful that any effective vaccine will be developed. There is no vaccine for the common cold and although vaccines have been developed for the flu, they quickly quit working because the virus constantly mutates. Our own bodies are the main protection we have.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 27, 2020, 10:17 am

Glatt,
Please see this link below that Pipoz posted on another thread.
Looks like this will do the trick.

Hi Mick, good find.

Details are on this Link

α-Ketoamide 13b

α-Ketoamides keep different Viruses from multiplying

https://www.monash.edu/medicine/news/la ... ovid-virus

pipoz4444

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 27, 2020, 10:22 am

Doodoo wrote:
June 27, 2020, 9:49 am
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries as of June 27 02:00 no new cases in the US

www.corona.help June 26th figures show the USA reporting 610 new infections

Where are you getting 40,000 new cases in one day
610 from one site and zero from the other certainly doesnt stagger someone

As for the question "why have Americans ignored taking steps to ensure their own safety?"

Here are some answers that may help you along
1) They , not all, are fools and are not following the precautions, washing hands, masks, distancing etc

2) Alot of Christians in the US and believers that the Big Guy will look after them

3) As the Orange Wonder said "We need to slow down on the testing and that will bring the numbers down" Ifyour numbers are correct it appears that hasnt happened yet

4) They screwed up from the get go, not closing their borders, not having enough material to battle this ( what is it 10 aircraft carriers in the fleet but not enough ventilators or masks available?) An Aircraft Carrier named CVN-78 Gerald R Ford has a cost of around $13.5 billion. A N95 mask is about $3 or about 4.5 billion masks

5) The USA had NO PLAN ( Benjamin Franklin supposedly once said, “If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” Sir Winston Churchill is credited with another, oft repeated, saying: “Those who fail to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.” And along that same vein there’s the phrase we hear often in the workplace, “learn from your mistakes.”)

Hope this helps
What on earth is the point of quoting U.S. daily Covid statistics for 27th when for half the nation, it's still the 26th?

Here's the stats through 25th for Harris County which covers the greater part of the current Houston, TX hot spot.
Screenshot_20200627-100139_1.jpg

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » June 27, 2020, 10:34 am

No, my friends. Americans will never understand the miracle of European social democracy, of Canadian investment in each other, of New Zealand making a difficult, joyous peace with a broken past. They won’t. Because they can’t? Because they don’t want to? Because nobody teaches them about the gentle and beautiful power in cooperation, in dignity, in respect for the self and others as more than a thing of appetite? Because they’re trapped by a sordid history — which they secretly care little about overcoming?

Freedom! Here I am, the American idiot, carrying my gun to Starbucks, before I go to Walmart, where I’ll choose between a million different flavors of the Everyday Low Price, and then I’ll dream about being Great Again, while I drive my big car down the big, empty highway, listening to some bellowing mullah of capital and individualism and cruelty telling me to hate and rage a little more. Along the way, so what if I create my very own exploitation, abuse, misery, decline into poverty, despair, degradation, dehumanization? Hey! Don’t tell me any different!
Isn’t that what freedom really is?

In the cruelty, aggression, rage, violence, hate which characterize American life as especially brutal. Americans are always trying to escape from any kind of obligation or responsibility to…anything. Each other. History. The future. Just common decency. Even just basic humanity. Who else makes their kids…pretend to die? And then pretends that doesn’t scar kids for life? What the? That’s why the world doesn’t know whether to be horrified, shocked, repelled, or astonished by America — and it laughs. Nervously, oddly, baffled. What Americans don’t know is that that laughter is a world being polite.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » June 27, 2020, 10:45 am

glalt wrote:
June 27, 2020, 10:13 am
I'm still of the opinion that eventually the vast majority of the population will have been exposed. Lock downs and other controls merely slow the spread and keep the hospitals from being overwhelmed. It's doubtful that any effective vaccine will be developed. There is no vaccine for the common cold and although vaccines have been developed for the flu, they quickly quit working because the virus constantly mutates. Our own bodies are the main protection we have.
Totally agree , the point is slowing it will save lives . therapies are the best hope but it seems the virus does strange things . One doctor pointed out every case seems to need different treatments .what we really need to know is if people that catch it and don't produce antibodies in enough quantities ,will they be protected ? And if it will become endemic. . If it does then we have big issues as we could all catch it every year, it might not kill you the first time or even the second time but eventually it will kill you . If it goes that way in 5 years there will be no one left over the age of 60. That's a grim thought .
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 27, 2020, 10:48 am

What on earth is the point of quoting stats from one county (3143 counties in the US) when Whist was talking about the country?
As for the date of reporting one would have to pose that question to the owners of the 2 sites corona.help and worldmeters

Return to “World News”