World news discussion forum
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by jackspratt » June 14, 2020, 7:03 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
June 14, 2020, 5:40 pm
Maybe the answer is simple??

In all the Cities where people voice their dislike or objection to police and propose “De-funding”, why not give the People what they want.

Send all the police on 2 months leave. I mean All the Police. i.e. no Response to Emergency of Crime Call from the Public or anyone for that matter, no Effort to prevent Crimes, no Attendance at Crimes being Committed, no Attendance at Vehicle or any other Accidents, no attendance at Crime scenes after the Event, no helping Pick up the dead bodies in the street after Murders and finally no Helping protect the Politicians and other Dignitaries, etc.. just lock up the Precinct buildings and send them on Leave.

Then let’s all come back in two month's time and see what those places are like, then ask the people to vote in a city referendum. Either you will have Peace without Police or you have Anarchy or you have somewhere in between. Either way the people of that City as a whole can then decide, their future

As for all the Politicians on the Hill, now advocating total “De-funding” of the Police, I would suggest the Police start by blocking their Phone Numbers and then take away all that the personal protection, that many of them enjoy at the taxpayers expense. Simply let them let the Politicians take care of themselves. Problem solved and saves tax payer money, to be used elsewhere. Maybe then they will remember 1998 and the two that died that day (Jacob Chestnut & John Gibson)

See, told you it was "Simple". :wave: :fart:

By the way, I am in no condoning what some of these Police have done, but to go from one extreme to another won't solve it.

pipoz4444
Yours is another idea, pipo - but not one that I have seen any rational person advocate up to this point.

You could almost describe it as anarchist. :D

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 14, 2020, 8:02 pm

By the way, I am in no condoning what some of these Police have done, but to go from one extreme to another won't solve it.

pipoz4444

Have to agree
There are policing problems every where which do need addressing
but to allow out right lawlessness is irresponsible

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 14, 2020, 9:25 pm

JS, one on my favorite movies is XXX with Vin Diesel :lol: :lol:

No, my post was actually in line with what will happen if all those Village Idiots (Mostly Democrats and lost Republicans) manage to get their way and defund the Police or cut their operating budgets, to a point where the Police can no longer function as a law control system. You may as well test the waters now, because if the Village Idiots get their way and do manage to Defund or Cut, you will find out sooner or later what Society will revert to, without Law and Order (even with all its faults)

In parallel these Village Idiots (and yes they are both sides of the Political isle) want to remove "History", starting with Statues of a kind. What comes next, burn all the history books. (Shades of Farenheit 451, in my school days). When some in the UK go after Winnie" and deface his statue, it touches a raw nerve. Truly, these young people are F...ked up.

After Law and Order the, the Village Idiots will propose to do away with the Judicial system, arguing that it is prejudice or bias and totally corrupt, against them. Maybe in part, but try living in a country where you don't have one at all, faults or no faults.

Nothing is perfect, because you always have individuals with Authority that they abuse. I am sorry but, this is how the World has worked for 3,000 years, it is how the World works now and how the World will work for another 3,000 years. It is human nature at its best. :-k :-k

My suggestion is that if you want to change how the World thinks and acts, then find another Planet and go live on it, because it wont happen in a Lifetime or even 2. =; =;

Can"t wait to get in the Ground sometimes (or the Furnace if in Thailand)

PS. The Village Idiot is the Anarchist. Yes make changes to the way the Police force works, but be smart about how you do it and just don't run with the Village Idiot herd mentality. :-k :-k

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » June 15, 2020, 5:45 am

" Lord Of The Flies " We know how that turned out …

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » June 15, 2020, 8:49 am

well they certainly need more blacks in supervisory positions and on patrol. i would think
that would help ameliorate community fears

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 15, 2020, 11:18 am

Aardvark wrote:
June 15, 2020, 5:45 am
" Lord Of The Flies " We know how that turned out …
Can't remember reading that Book in my later years of school, but then again I was never a reader of many Books?

It is somewhat strange how those who wrote the books in their times, could see or envisage the future some 60 years down the track

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 15, 2020, 11:25 am

They need more people educated in Politness, social activities, how to treat others in a gracious way. It seems everyone focusses on the Police how about focusing on the individuals and teaching them some understanding of the rules in Society

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » June 15, 2020, 3:36 pm

If the morons succeed in de-funding the police, at least the looting will stop. There will be nothing left to steal. Burned down stores cannot re-stock because the buildings will also be gone.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » June 15, 2020, 6:00 pm

An unbiased explanation of"defund the police":

https://youtu.be/7lV4WWrFpVY

Last edited by Jello on June 15, 2020, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UFF DA!

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » June 15, 2020, 6:09 pm

Jello wrote:
June 15, 2020, 6:00 pm
An unbiased explanation of"defund the police":

[youtube]7lV4WWrFpVY
[/youtube]
https://youtu.be/7lV4WWrFpVY
The democrats are complete idiots for calling it defund the police, it just means allocating resources to other places. So the police don't have to deal with issues that they are not properly trained for, and can spend their time focusing on real criminals. Social workers and mental health professionals, can be better utilized instead of Police, in many areas.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 16, 2020, 7:11 pm

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-53059441

[Added by Mod:] US embassy in South Korea takes down Black Lives Matter banner

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » June 17, 2020, 2:18 am

Learnt a lot from this Interesting explanation of why the police killing of George Floyd unleashed a wave of protests in the US. It is 15 minutes long but I think well worth viewing.

Last edited by tinpeeba on June 21, 2020, 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » June 17, 2020, 10:08 am

mech_401 wrote:
June 15, 2020, 8:49 am
well they certainly need more blacks in supervisory positions and on patrol. i would think
Really, I see many black police chiefs, some being black women as well. A lot of black cops too. Anyway what you just said is actually racist isn't it?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 17, 2020, 10:39 am

jai yen yen wrote:
June 17, 2020, 10:08 am
mech_401 wrote:
June 15, 2020, 8:49 am
Really, I see many black police chiefs, some being black women as well. A lot of black cops too. Anyway what you just said is actually racist isn't it?
That's the danger of paying lip service to what is nothing more than a quota system. Relatively under-qualified senior officers getting key posts due to their ethnicity?

The police unions are another significant challenge. You can have the brightest and best black police chief but if the union isn't 100% behind him/her, it means nothing. Maybe a google search on the ethnicity of the leadership of these powerful police unions would be enlightening?

There was a recent article in the UK press about how senior black police officers there faced more hurdles than their white counterparts. This included views from the few successful ones who stuck it out and had professional success.

Sky News (UK) interviewed a couple of black British beat cops the other day. This was part of a story that showed them being confronted by an older black citizen who see's them being serving police officers as part of the problem, regardless of their skin colour.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » June 17, 2020, 12:48 pm

jai yen yen wrote:
June 17, 2020, 10:08 am
you see many black police , in canada?
affirmative action exists in many sectors? i thought that was designed to give opportunities?

beyond that it seems silly to have communities,
often 90% black in cities, patrolled by white boys
from suburbs? you guys just want to be contrary?

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 17, 2020, 2:26 pm

Mec
Now your words are those that kick up racisim and unruliness

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » June 17, 2020, 6:34 pm

where are you from doodoo , sweden? you never
would tell us. countries with a tiny sprinkling of
blacks have no idea challenges police face.

often large swathes of these inner city communities are black, latino or asian . it's just
common sense to recruit locals not outsiders

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 17, 2020, 9:50 pm

mech_401 wrote:
June 17, 2020, 6:34 pm
where are you from doodoo , sweden? you never
would tell us. countries with a tiny sprinkling of
blacks have no idea challenges police face.

often large swathes of these inner city communities are black, latino or asian . it's just
common sense to recruit locals not outsiders
You reckon Sweden doesn't have racial tensions? They don't have immigration related "problems" there? The Riksdag itself is a fragile coalition that keeps the right wing "Christians" in check.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 17, 2020, 10:05 pm

Mech
What difference does it make where I am from. Right now its Udonthani Thailand.
I dont know the cahllenges that are presented to Police nowadays or in the past as I wasnt a Cop. I am certain others also dont have a clue.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 21, 2020, 4:41 pm

CHOP Seattle has a shooting 1 dead 1 wounded

Trump threatens to send troops
Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan and Governor Jay Inslee condemned Mr Trump's comments.

"We need to have a way for the community to have a way to speak and for police and fire services to be provided," Mr Inslee said.

"One way or another we obviously need to provide a way to offer protection for people, and that's a necessity."

Problem is the police and fire dept cant do their jobs to protect the public

Return to “World News”