World news discussion forum
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by jackspratt » June 9, 2020, 9:57 am

cjd01 wrote:
June 9, 2020, 9:38 am
How long before they turned on each other
I note that there a more black deaths from other blacks than police by quite a huge margin and whites and brindles and by family and friends and and.
What that suggests to me is that the current model has failed miserably.

See my comment above.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » June 9, 2020, 10:00 am

With Minneapolis City Council Voting To Abolish Police Department with a “veto-proof majority” & plans to create a utopian “police-free future”, we will soon see the future, with their plans to invest in community-led public safety unit. =D> Its a start.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 9, 2020, 10:01 am

Most police forces worldwide are unfunded
This cause also sorts of problems on its own

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 9, 2020, 10:09 am

jackspratt wrote:
June 9, 2020, 9:57 am
cjd01 wrote:
June 9, 2020, 9:38 am
How long before they turned on each other
I note that there a more black deaths from other blacks than police by quite a huge margin and whites and brindles and by family and friends and and.
What that suggests to me is that the current model has failed miserably.

See my comment above.
I can't agree my view is that over time the justice system has been eroded by the woke agenda as a current example in this disgrace in the USA in one city all the looters arsonists were released without charge sure sounds a deterrent to me.
Its now always appeasement whatever happened to crimes bring Penalties including police.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » June 9, 2020, 10:10 am

Worked in Camden New Jersey.
Police force disbanded and rebuilt.

https://youtu.be/WHs2uM5F1rU
UFF DA!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 9, 2020, 10:12 am

cjd01 wrote:
June 9, 2020, 8:55 am
Udon Map wrote:
June 9, 2020, 8:40 am
RLTrader wrote:
June 9, 2020, 7:44 am
‘Light ’em Up’: Warrior-Cops Are the Law – and Above the Law – As Violence Grips America

By William J. Astore
"to serve and protect" has become "to shoot and smack down."
https://original.antiwar.com/William_As ... come-home/
One could look at it that way, sure. OTOH, what percentage of daily police interactions with civilians result in this type of incident? Very, very small, I would wager.
Yes the latest calls(demands) are to defund the police forces in America,Their having some minor victories but if they could in anyway remotely succeed how scary would that be.
I don't think anyone's listening to the few, loud voices that advocate ALL police forces be defunded. The only entity that would possibly love that scenario is the NRA with their perpetual distortion of the 2nd and "militias."

The Minneapolis cops were already a basket case and a few others are low hanging fruit in this regard. They seem to relish being disliked by the population's that they're supposed to "serve and protect."

Classic case in the Houston area are the inner cities of Bellaire and Stafford. Little islands of autonomy staffed by the rejects from Houston PD (and they aren't exactly the best either). Black kid gets shot in the mostly white Bellaire suburbs is already a suspected kick burglar whereas the reality wad he was a medical student at UH and simply walking home from a party at his white buddy's house.

The City of Stafford has 30 mph limits and no traffic lights. A large amount of Houstonians transit through this pathetic fiefdom going to and from work. My lawyer advised me that around 90% of the Stafford court house business is moving traffic violations; doing 31 mph and not fully stopping at 4-way intersections. They even put a 25 mph limit on the main access to the local Sam's Club... nice little weekend earner.

Drain THOSE swamps!

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » June 9, 2020, 10:19 am

A inside view of police culture from a former cop:

https://youtu.be/4HyKlFUMBiA
UFF DA!

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » June 9, 2020, 10:31 am

City and state leaders are listening and taking action:
MINNEAPOLIS — In an abrupt change of course, the mayor of New York vowed to cut the budget of the nation’s largest police force. In Los Angeles, the mayor called for redirecting millions of dollars from policing after protesters gathered outside his home. And in Minneapolis, City Council members pledged to dismantle their police force and completely reinvent how public safety is handled.

As tens of thousands of people have demonstrated against police violence over the past two weeks, calls have emerged in cities across the country for fundamental changes to American policing.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/08/us/u ... olice.html
UFF DA!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 9, 2020, 10:59 am

cjd01 wrote:
June 9, 2020, 10:17 am
Tamada
We can all cherry pick to suit our agenda but go ahead it is you 50 cents.
I forgot to add that the City of Meadows cops pulled me (with ponytail) over after passing through their pristine, white picket fence 'hood' while driving with my then (black) girlfriend on the way to Lolapalooza at Fort Bend county fair ground. No moving traffic violation, just a long-haired white guy with a black chick (who just happened to be a stripper) in a brand new Thunderbird passing through town and heading for I59.

After we were cuffed, they kept asking if there was anything in the car they should be aware of as they tossed the car. No sir. Then they asked why I was sweating (it was around 97° plus heat index on a Wal-Mart parking lot after all). After calling for support (and placing each of us in the back of separate cruisers), they started popping the door panels and trunk liners... the car still had dealer plates FFS. Another cop came over and asked why I "looked nervous" but I didn't tell him that where I came from, only cowboys in movies touted guns.

After about 40 minutes of wasting everyone's time and some radio squawk, they suddenly had something else more important to attend to so we were un-cuffed and left to pick up the mess they made.

Just anutha fiddy cent...

P.S. Pearl Jam and the Red Hot Chili Peppers were awesome.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 9, 2020, 11:09 am

The Council says they will "Completely reinvent how public safety is handled"
I hope they have some great ideas! Maybe they should also look at the total reeducation of teh Public on how to treat your common man and Official Personnel.

Other then establishing laws and enforcing them I dont know what else is left
Or maybe they can learn something from the Police on setting up road blocks as these are not utilized in the USA

Slightly off topic, but people dont seem to understand the issues front line personnel come up against on a daily basis and how they have to react.
I have a Daughter who is a Nurse in ER and a son in law on the SWAT/ERT team I sometimes get some odd stories
One was how my daughter worked a weekend in ER "Anything odd this weekend?' , "NO, not really , oh ,oh yes we did have a fella come in with a knife in his forehead that was different"

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 9, 2020, 11:11 am

cjd01 wrote:
Tamada
We can all cherry pick to suit our agenda..................
Certainly seems so.
cjd01 wrote:
June 9, 2020, 10:09 am
................ as a current example in this disgrace in the USA in one city all the looters arsonists were released without charge sure sounds a deterrent to me.
Its now always appeasement whatever happened to crimes bring Penalties including police.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » June 9, 2020, 12:19 pm

tamada wrote:
June 9, 2020, 10:59 am

I forgot to add that the City of Meadows cops pulled me (with ponytail) over after passing through their pristine, white picket fence 'hood' while driving with my then (black) girlfriend on the way to Lolapalooza at Fort Bend county fair ground. No moving traffic violation, just a long-haired white guy with a black chick (who just happened to be a stripper) in a brand new Thunderbird passing through town and heading for I59 . . .
in all fairness , scotty & Lt. ohura , on there way to
a " grunge" music festival attended by 30,000 stoned, high drunk, alternative fans. it would have
been negligence not to search you. that you were
not probed cavity searched show officer kindness

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » June 9, 2020, 1:56 pm

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 9, 2020, 3:15 pm

jackspratt wrote:
June 9, 2020, 11:11 am
cjd01 wrote:
Tamada
We can all cherry pick to suit our agenda..................
Certainly seems so.
cjd01 wrote:
June 9, 2020, 10:09 am
................ as a current example in this disgrace in the USA in one city all the looters arsonists were released without charge sure sounds a deterrent to me.
Want the real story, on those released in St Louis?

A spokesperson for the prosecutor’s office said eight of the 36 were released from jail after no charges were immediately filed and two were released from jail after being issued a summons to appear at a later court date. The remaining 26 individuals were released from jail without charges thus far.

34 were never charged, the police may have arrested them, but did not follow through with charges, 2 have been charged and both will face court.

Draw you own conclusions why the cops did not charge them. Typically this happens when there is no evidence.

It also begs the question of why in St Louis and other cities are people being arrested if there is not clear evidence of their crimes.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 9, 2020, 4:11 pm

Poor Policing Whistler or a total lack of Training. Thy need to completely clear the Decks and bring in the UK to train and how to deal with Citizens, its clear your techniques and training are not adequate and never will be without outside help. You have to teach them like our trainees are taught. At least a year in the classroom then shadow a senior mature beat bobby who knows the people and areas he Beats.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 9, 2020, 4:33 pm

mech_401 wrote:
June 9, 2020, 12:19 pm
tamada wrote:
June 9, 2020, 10:59 am

I forgot to add that the City of Meadows cops pulled me (with ponytail) over after passing through their pristine, white picket fence 'hood' while driving with my then (black) girlfriend on the way to Lolapalooza at Fort Bend county fair ground. No moving traffic violation, just a long-haired white guy with a black chick (who just happened to be a stripper) in a brand new Thunderbird passing through town and heading for I59 . . .
in all fairness , scotty & Lt. ohura , on there way to
a " grunge" music festival attended by 30,000 stoned, high drunk, alternative fans. it would have
been negligence not to search you. that you were
not probed cavity searched show officer kindness
I didn't know you were a "Trekie". How wonderfully parochial.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » June 9, 2020, 4:46 pm

chief engineer montgomery scott , adopted son
of aberdeen . one of lifes great inspiration stories

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 9, 2020, 5:53 pm

what a transition, Texas Strippers in a Thunderbird and then off to The Enterprise
Time to transport back to the subject at hand America burning to the ground.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » June 9, 2020, 5:59 pm

yes , what would we do without you perennial sour
-pusses who can't have a little fun. but insist on
your dreary bleatings about u.s.a. ( even though
social injustices in your own countries often far
worse) it appears many of you visited states &
yanks didn't like you ( happens to phoney people)

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 9, 2020, 6:21 pm

Aye deflection is best when cornered with the truth.

Return to “World News”