America coming apart at the seams?

World news discussion forum
GT93
udonmap.com

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by GT93 » June 6, 2020, 1:58 pm

The NFL has egg all over its face:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/ ... kaepernick
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said the league made mistakes in not listening to players in a video on Friday denouncing racism in the United States amid widespread protests over police brutality against black people.

“We, the National Football League, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest,” said Goodell. “We, the National Football League, believe black lives matter.”
No mention of Colin Kaepernick. No salute to Kaepernick.

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 6, 2020, 2:30 pm

what the He-- has the NFL got to do with Raceism or NASCAR, NHL, MLB, etc

They are an entertainment venue ?

Sports people, actors, especially ACTORS, Doctors, etc keep there noses in on what they were hired to do.
OH and Reverends (Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson the two go arm in arm) stay the H out of it.

The media hypes this all
Watched a March today in Cobourg Canada for "Black Lives Matter" and guess who wasnt there? Any people of Colour

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » June 6, 2020, 3:00 pm

which side are you on, which side are you on

https://twitter.com/DROPTHEMIC2020/stat ... 7542725632

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 6, 2020, 3:07 pm

RLT
AND?
I believe it was Michael Jordan and my Father that told his sons, "If a Police Office asks you any questions, answer them (politely), if you are told to move , you move (without comment), if you handcuffed do not resist, (again without comment), You comply to the fullest"

"Any issues from this I will deal with Later at the appropriate premisies and with the appropriate people."

So what is so hard to understand and do????

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 6, 2020, 4:46 pm

Doodoo wrote:
June 6, 2020, 3:07 pm
RLT
AND?
I believe it was Michael Jordan and my Father that told his sons, "If a Police Office asks you any questions, answer them (politely), if you are told to move , you move (without comment), if you handcuffed do not resist, (again without comment), You comply to the fullest"

"Any issues from this I will deal with Later at the appropriate premisies and with the appropriate people."

So what is so hard to understand and do????
In the USA, maybe. However in civilized countries you are able to ask for a reason and if it is not reasonable you can tell the officer that you have no need to follow his orders as your are doing nothing wrong. If he then attempts to arrest you, he is up for wrongful arrest.

Heaps of cases in Australia where cops were sued for these types of offenses. As a result, the cops are normally very polite and careful, for those that go over the top, the courts deal with them quite harshly

https://obriensolicitors.com.au/cases-w ... he-police/
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 6, 2020, 5:31 pm

Amen
Attachments
CCC90BD6-D44D-4917-9B74-CB944EB4F427.jpeg
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 6, 2020, 5:41 pm

Whistler
Understood but we are not in civilized times and it is about time we revert(if we ever there) to them
If you are protesting or partying on the beach you certainly have time to be detained
If not stay Home
I am tired of seeing viedos of people walking infront of Refineries, Militay facilities quoting that they have their 1st amendment
Its time to pull the reins back in and use tht word once a Responsibility

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 6, 2020, 5:50 pm

looks like a news story, but nope this was built by a meme generator by somebody with an axe to grind.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 6, 2020, 6:01 pm

Doodoo wrote:
June 6, 2020, 5:41 pm
Whistler
Understood but we are not in civilized times and it is about time we revert(if we ever there) to them
If you are protesting or partying on the beach you certainly have time to be detained
If not stay Home
I am tired of seeing viedos of people walking infront of Refineries, Militay facilities quoting that they have their 1st amendment
Its time to pull the reins back in and use tht word once a Responsibility
If you are breaking the law, police have a LEGAL reason to take action. If you are not breaking the law, the police should leave you in peace.

Here is a novel idea. The police should operate lawfully just like every other citizen.

Just in case you are too thick to notice, the demonstrations of the past week and a half were because a cop murdered a guy. Or do you think he should just have gone ahead and died without complaining and everybody who is protesting is eroding police power which should be unfettered.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » June 6, 2020, 6:09 pm

didnt the guy die of a heart attack. If so, how is that murder?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 6, 2020, 6:23 pm

maaka wrote:
June 6, 2020, 6:09 pm
didnt the guy die of a heart attack. If so, how is that murder?
No

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 6, 2020, 7:22 pm

Whistle in the Wind
another poster mentioned appeasement with bullies doesn't work
I'm now in total agreement there will be no more appeasement
Here's my first one
Our new hero George Floyd was a piece of excrement who deserved everything he got, should have been sooner and the same for all like him.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » June 6, 2020, 7:39 pm

vincemunday wrote:
June 6, 2020, 5:31 pm
Amen
They didn't steal any books either. They were disappointed that there was nothing they wanted to steal so they just burned the bookstores down.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » June 6, 2020, 7:40 pm

cjd01 wrote:
June 6, 2020, 7:22 pm
Whistle in the Wind
Here's my first one
Our new hero George Floyd was a piece of excrement who deserved everything he got, should have been sooner and the same for all like him.
cjd01, how does it feel to live in a country where you are in the minority with no rights, and also you don't mind being governed by these non whites.
Last edited by newtovillagelife on June 6, 2020, 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 6, 2020, 7:41 pm

By the way before you play the sanctimonious race card, I don't care if he was white, black or brindle
excrement is excrement and that's what he was, google his criminal history.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 6, 2020, 7:50 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
June 6, 2020, 7:40 pm
cjd01 wrote:
Whistle in the Wind
Here's my first one
Since it seems you are a racist cjd01, how does it feel to live in a country where you are in the minority with no rights, and also you don't mind being governed these non whites. You are a disgrace to white supremacy.
I'm in no way a racist, happily married to a non white for nearly 19 years, I choose to live here because I want to, my personal ideas involve letting everyone enjoy their lives as the see fit as long as you let me live mine without pushing your left agenda down my throat.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 6, 2020, 8:05 pm

cjd01 wrote:
Whistle in the Wind
Here's my first one
Yep ...... the world can't get enough of extra-judicial murder by those paid by the state, and sworn to enforce the law. :roll:

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » June 6, 2020, 8:07 pm

cjd01 wrote:
June 6, 2020, 8:01 pm
Your well thought response is truly superior, thank you can I count on more meaningful life lessons?
As I said happy to let you live your life but don't need or want you to lead mine.

I just call it the way I see it. Glad to see you didn't deny my statement.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 6, 2020, 8:08 pm

jackspratt wrote:
June 6, 2020, 8:05 pm
cjd01 wrote:
Whistle in the Wind
Here's my first one
Yep ...... the world can't get enough of extra-judicial murder by those paid by the state, and sworn to enforce the law. :roll:
Thank goodness, I knew we'd agree on something sooner or later

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 6, 2020, 9:17 pm

glalt wrote:
June 6, 2020, 7:39 pm
vincemunday wrote:
June 6, 2020, 5:31 pm
Amen
They didn't steal any books either. They were disappointed that there was nothing they wanted to steal so they just burned the bookstores down.
Not true, not true at all.

They stole from Trump's library. All three books. The true tragedy was two of them had not even been coloured in.

Return to “World News”