semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Re: America coming apart at the seams?

Post by semperfiguy » June 3, 2020, 8:35 am

tinpeeba wrote:
June 3, 2020, 1:21 am
anefarious1 wrote:
June 2, 2020, 10:30 am
Anyone see Trump's photo op holding a bible?

How would the United States respond if the leader of any other country used tear gas and flash bombs to violently disperse a peaceful protest in order to walk over to a place of worship and pose for the cameras with a religious text?

Really? A photo opp in front a church that didn’t want him there, holding a Bible from which he cannot name a single verse, all to prove he’s not a coward hiding in his bunker again.

America could very well be coming apart at the seams.
Trump bible.jpg
Trump once said, “Nobody reads the Bible more than me.” Guess he must have skipped over these parts:

Luke 1:46-56 And Mary said, My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, .... He has shown strength with his arm; he has scattered the proud in the thoughts of their hearts; he has brought down the mighty from their thrones and exalted those of humble estate; he has filled the hungry with good things, and the rich he has sent away empty.

Ephesians 5:3-4 Let there be no sexual immorality, impurity, or greed among you. Such sins have no place among God’s people. Obscene stories, foolish talk, and coarse jokes—these are not for you.

Colossians 4:6 Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone.

Titus 3:2 [Leaders] must not slander anyone and must avoid quarrelling. Instead, they should be gentle and show true humility to everyone.

James 3:13 If you are wise and understand God’s ways, prove it by living an honorable life, doing good works with the humility that comes from wisdom.

Romans 12:18 Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone.

Matthew 22:37-40 Jesus replied, ‘‘‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’ The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.”

Luke 6:31-33 [Jesus said,] “Do to others as you would like them to do to you. If you love only those who love you, why should you get credit for that? Even sinners love those who love them! And if you do good only to those who do good to you, why should you get credit? Even sinners do that much!”

Romans 12:21 Don’t let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good.

Matthew 6:24 24 No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and be enslaved to money.

Acts 26:20 All must repent of their sins and turn to God—and prove they have changed by the good things they do.

I commend you for posting these Bible verses. Did you find them on your own, or did you copy this from another source? It matters if you are going to be virtue signaling. However, while these verses have their place in the argument against President Trump, you had better consider this one first of all:

Romans 13 ​
Submit to Government​

13 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. 5 Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake. 6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God’s ministers attending continually to this very thing. 7 Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor.​

It is your social responsibility to give honor to the office of the Presidency and not to become part of the problem by denigrating your duly elected President. If you don't like your President, then it is your right to cast your vote to replace him in November 2020. If you're not a US citizen, then you don't have a dog in this fight and God will hold you accountable for stirring up wrath against His duly elected man for this season of time in the history of our great nation.

Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 3, 2020, 9:00 am

I can't believe that any sane person would believe any of that shyt?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 3, 2020, 9:14 am

mickojak wrote:
June 3, 2020, 8:16 am
Doodoo,
'With due respect,
Whistler constantly calls other poster liars, conspiracy theorists, spreaders of false information etc.

Yet, when he makes an incorrect statement, he never accepts it, and just twists the story to suit himself.

I've seen it time and time again, and I wish more posters would call him out as well.
Mick
Without respect to Mick, because none is due

I have not seen estimated figures on number of protesters, nor has Mick so his claim of a tiny, tiny minority is baseless.

I did state that 54% of Americans agree with the protesters and a further 24% agree to an extent. I did state protests had taken place in all 50 states in over 200 cities.

That is not a tiny, tiny minority.

To have only 22% disagree with the protesters is not a tiny, tiny minority, but it is a very significantly small one.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 3, 2020, 9:31 am

Whistler wrote:
June 3, 2020, 9:14 am
mickojak wrote:
June 3, 2020, 8:16 am
Doodoo,
'With due respect,
Whistler constantly calls other poster liars, conspiracy theorists, spreaders of false information etc.

Yet, when he makes an incorrect statement, he never accepts it, and just twists the story to suit himself.

I've seen it time and time again, and I wish more posters would call him out as well.
Mick
Without respect to Mick, because none is due

I have not seen estimated figures on number of protesters, nor has Mick so his claim of a tiny, tiny minority is baseless.

I did state that 54% of Americans agree with the protesters and a further 24% agree to an extent. I did state protests had taken place in all 50 states in over 200 cities.

That is not a tiny, tiny minority.

To have only 22% disagree with the protesters is not a tiny, tiny minority, but it is a very significantly small one.
Ok
I don't think we're comparing apples with apples
It's my belief that it's gone a smidgen past a peaceful protest
what percentage of these people that your pointing to
would agree that looting, burning of other persons property and violence in general are acceptable as part of a peaceful protest
I personally support the anger aimed at the police involved in this atrocity however allowing frenzied crowds to wantonly destroy everything in their path is not my idea of a supportable action.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 3, 2020, 9:34 am

CJ,

If you read reports today, protesters are self regulating with troublemakers being stopped by other protesters. The bad behaviour of some is slowing and protests in the past 24 hrs are thankfully being well behaved
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 3, 2020, 9:37 am

God wasnt on the Ballot in any country
God wasnt on the voters list in any country
God didnt contribute to one party of the other

God does God like things (I am not a God fearing person by the way)
God is to be left out of Politics he is too busy with other things

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 3, 2020, 9:39 am

Whistler wrote:
June 3, 2020, 9:34 am
CJ,

If you read reports today, protesters are self regulating with troublemakers being stopped by other protesters. The bad behaviour of some is slowing and protests in the past 24 hrs are thankfully being well behaved
sigh, as usual
not the point of your original argument
I'm afraid maybe Mick is right

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 3, 2020, 9:46 am

cjd01 wrote:
June 3, 2020, 9:39 am
Whistler wrote:
June 3, 2020, 9:34 am
CJ,

sigh, as usual
not the point of your original argument
I'm afraid maybe Mick is right
I was addressing your post, not Micks.

Micks point was this is a tiny, tiny majority of Americans protesting.

That is not correct, my point is numbers on the street are only one figure, they represent the view of millions, the true figure is how many Americans support those marching.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 3, 2020, 9:51 am

Whistler what about this then it's obviously fits your method of post shifting and changing

One in five American adults has not seen a dentist recently. Although 52 percent of adults are visiting their dentists every six months, one in five hasn’t been to the dentist in the last few years. Men are less likely than women to see their dentists for regular preventive care. And according to the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, 23 percent of children age 2–11 have never been to the dentist.

Kids should have their first dentist appointment by their first birthday, or when their first tooth appears.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » June 3, 2020, 10:00 am

Prosecutors have to decide what to charge the police officers with. Then it is up to a jury to decide guilt or innocence. One of them is a sadistic man who should never have been a police officer. No doubt the others would be acquitted if charged with a serious crime. Being charged and convicted is what the prosecutors need. I seriously doubt that even the sadistic police officer would be judged guilty of 1st degree murder.

I have never served on a jury. I was always dismissed because I failed one question. The question was if I would abide to enforce the law to the letter of the law. I would not. The last case involved an old man who helped his terminally ill wife to commit suicide. He was charged with 1st degree murder. His act fit the description of the crime but no way would I have ever agreed to convict him. He was eventually acquitted so I must not be the only one who refused to follow the law to the letter of the law.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 3, 2020, 10:26 am

Whistler wrote:
June 3, 2020, 9:46 am
Micks point was this is a tiny, tiny majority of Americans protesting.

That is not correct, my point is numbers on the street are only one figure, they represent the view of millions, the true figure is how many Americans support those marching.
Here we go again, changing the story to suit yourself.
My comment was a tiny, tiny, percent of Americans were protesting, (actively, on the street, taking part in the protests).
Not thinking about it, telling the media they like it, filling in pols to say they like it, or pulling their c@cks)

You told me I was wrong, so, prove it.
You can't and won't.

So, let's do a hypothetical?
How many americans actually on the street protesting, (estimate)

How many, Mr Whistler?
Take a stab

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 3, 2020, 10:43 am

so Mick,

Do you think everybody on this site is a fool?

You want a very strict definition of protesters, so only those that actually March on the street can be counted, I don't accept that definition, if people support the protest, you would not count them, but I would.

If you are happy with your definition and thinks it has meaning for you, go ahead.

However note this, Every protest movement in the history of the USA is equally irrelevant, the largest protest in history was 3.5 M women marching, around 1% of the US population.

So every protest in history is irrelevant because by your definition is a tiny, tiny percentage.
Last edited by Whistler on June 3, 2020, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 3, 2020, 10:45 am

Pathetic answer as usual.

Everyone on the forum is reading it too.

Hilarious.
Whatever credibility you, (thought) you had is gone.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 3, 2020, 10:56 am

Whistler
I don't believe that many although there will be some extremists would or do support the actions of Derek Chauvin and co
so where's the argument
at the same time I'm of the opinion that the same percentage of people would or do not support anarchy.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » June 3, 2020, 10:57 am

Tucker Carlson breaks down a country on the brink of social and political disaster, and discusses the nature of mob mentality and also reviews some of the exploits of the supposed ‘protesters’ who have been busy beating, looting and burning their way through America’s cities. Watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n5_D59 ... e=emb_logo

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 3, 2020, 10:59 am

Of course few people support anarchy, is the inference every protester in this event are anarchists? Stupid linkage

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 3, 2020, 11:12 am

Whistler wrote:
June 3, 2020, 10:59 am
Of course few people support anarchy, is the inference every protester in this event are anarchists? Stupid linkage
obviously only by selective readers
Try this one Hollywood 7 by Jon English "Till your name goes up in lights" apt really

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 3, 2020, 11:14 am

mickojak wrote:
June 3, 2020, 10:45 am
Pathetic answer as usual.

Everyone on the forum is reading it too.

Hilarious.
Whatever credibility you, (thought) you had is gone.
Once again, mick, you assume you speak for the forum.

You don't - you are one member. We are all more than capable of making our own assessments.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 3, 2020, 11:26 am

But you read it so I was correct.55

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 3, 2020, 11:33 am

Read what?

Your conclusion totally lacks logic.

Return to “World News”