Kier Starmer helped paedophile Jimmy Savile?

World news discussion forum
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Kier Starmer helped paedophile Jimmy Savile?

Post by vincemunday » April 7, 2020, 6:14 pm

The new Labour leader has history by the looks of it.

https://www.politicalite.com/lab/labour ... e-justice/

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Kier Starmer & Maggie Thatcher helped paedophile Jimmy Savile?

Post by stattointhailand » April 7, 2020, 6:40 pm

and he was not the only one was he ? perhaps you have conveniently forgotton Thatchers part

https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/jimmy-savile- ... ke-1489626

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Kier Starmer helped paedophile Jimmy Savile?

Post by jackspratt » April 7, 2020, 7:05 pm

vincemunday wrote:
April 7, 2020, 6:14 pm
The new Labour leader has history by the looks of it.

https://www.politicalite.com/lab/labour ... e-justice/
From the linked site:
LABOUR’s new boss Sir Keir Starmer helped renowned paedophile Jimmy Saville evade justice in 2009, three years before he died, it has been claimed
It’s claimed that the Police force referred four cases to Britain’s Crown Prosecution Service – headed by Kier Starmer.
Claimed by who, exactly?

Surely a website with even a shred of credibility would be able to include such important details in a story? Otherwise, it is pure muckraking.

You do yourself no credit floating this sort of nonsense, vince.

But one thing they do disclose on their website:
Politicalite UK is one of the hottest right-wing tabloid news outlets read by over 500,000 people a month.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 7, 2020, 8:56 pm

An extract from a nice lefty newspaper, so who was head of the CPS? Who made the decisions? And more to the point who made the apology?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/jan ... complaints
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 8, 2020, 2:09 am

Try and stay in the real world Vince. "Helped" is ridiculous. You're acting up like Sean Hannity. Your posts are usually much more polished than this. The link suggests he was leading the CPS in a responsible manner and working to improve its performance.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 8, 2020, 5:52 am

What he did as the head of the CPS, is what every lawyer did, looked at the evidence and decided that as the Burden of Proof, was NOT sufficient to prosecute, then that is what he did. So many cases are lost or do not make it to the courts because of the stringent rules the CPS have to work under.

Because of that you find a reason to accuse a person for a ruling in which he followed the law, which you may think is flawed, however the Burden of Proof is ALWAYS the deciding factor in the Prosecution of Criminal cases, not so much in Civil cases however.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 8, 2020, 6:03 am

The whole thing was reviewed and it was concluded that the CPS should have prosecuted, Starmer was in charge and subsequently made the apology, how can he not be culpable?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/b ... 47827.html

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 8, 2020, 7:34 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 8, 2020, 6:03 am
The whole thing was reviewed and it was concluded that the CPS should have prosecuted, Starmer was in charge and subsequently made the apology, how can he not be culpable?

COS often make mistakes I know first hand, however to hold ONE man culpable is a stretch as the decision making is always to err on the side of caution. In review it is of course done under different circumstances as the initial decision . Sir K Starmer made a Corporate Apology on behalf of CPS which to me shows honesty and integrity , re-hashing and holding people culpable at a later date is really a knee jerk reaction to a decision made and in any event as the man is now DEAD, rather a pointless waste of time apart from some who always wants someone held accountable for almost everything . To Err is Human only GOD never makes mistakes although at times I do wonder about that as well.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 8, 2020, 7:38 am

To use the words of Mr Fix it himself

HOWZ ABOUT THAT THEN !!!!!
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 8, 2020, 8:03 am

Isnt holding people to account for their wrong doings , what our civilisation is based on .

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 8, 2020, 8:45 am

Khun Paul wrote:
April 8, 2020, 7:34 am
vincemunday wrote:

COS often make mistakes I know first hand, however to hold ONE man culpable is a stretch as the decision making is always to err on the side of caution. In review it is of course done under different circumstances as the initial decision . Sir K Starmer made a Corporate Apology on behalf of CPS which to me shows honesty and integrity , re-hashing and holding people culpable at a later date is really a knee jerk reaction to a decision made and in any event as the man is now DEAD, rather a pointless waste of time apart from some who always wants someone held accountable for almost everything . To Err is Human only GOD never makes mistakes although at times I do wonder about that as well.
Reading this from a purported ex copper doesn't surprise me and we wonder how so many of the child rapists were allowed to operate for so long perhaps it was because the old bill and the CPS erred on the side of caution?

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 8, 2020, 9:34 am

Ouch! I would tend to err on the side of Vince, Tam. Just seems to be too many concurring activities and strange decisions ( 9 ladies against one fat man) being ignored.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 8, 2020, 9:45 am

Let's get back to basics, vince.

Who, besides the ----- source you quoted in your OP, and now by implication, you, has claimed:
Keir Starmer helped renowned paedophile Jimmy Saville evade justice in 2009........
If we can get an answer to that, we can then go on and address the question of what role, if any, Starmer played in the decision not to prosecute Savile.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 8, 2020, 10:12 am

Jack if you don’t think Starmer was part of the decision making process then we will never agree, he was definitely part of the decision making not to arrest Savile and thus by not prosecuting he helped Savile evade justice end of.

“Keir Starmer QC admitted that police and the CPS were likely to have mistakenly dropped many sexual assault complaints because the victims were treated with a "degree of caution which is not generally justified". The report also reveals that during a police interview in which he was under caution, Jimmy Savile made veiled threats against officers if sexual abuse allegations against him did not "disappear".”

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 8, 2020, 10:25 am

It's not a matter of what I think happened, vince - or what you (without any apparent evidence) speculate happened.

There was an enquiry, which I imagine discovered the facts about who did what, and when.

But apparently, according to you and Politicalite, someone "claimed" that Stamer was directly involved. If we can pin down this "someone", it would be a good start.

Of course, you could always just retract.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 8, 2020, 10:34 am

We’ll have to agree to disagree, I think he’s as guilty as a day is long, the truth will out.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 8, 2020, 10:52 am

Let's just call it for what it was - a vile, unsupported allegation, made out of political malice.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 8, 2020, 11:38 am

So the newspaper reports and subsequent investigation all point to Starmer not prosecuting because of political correctness but Jack is right, as I said we will have to disagree.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 8, 2020, 1:17 pm

vincemunday wrote:
April 8, 2020, 8:45 am
Khun Paul wrote:
April 8, 2020, 7:34 am
vincemunday wrote:

Reading this from a purported ex copper doesn't surprise me and we wonder how so many of the child rapists were allowed to operate for so long perhaps it was because the old bill and the CPS erred on the side of caution?
If we are serious about propagating unfounded allegations here, my father, a career policeman, and to a lesser extent my maternal grandfather (a policeman for only about 5 years), were always aware of how influential the Freemasons were, especially above a certain rank.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 8, 2020, 1:36 pm

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Return to “World News”