Ground Control to Planet Lockdown

World news discussion forum
RLTrader
udonmap.com

Ground Control to Planet Lockdown

Post by RLTrader » April 5, 2020, 9:09 am

Ground Control to Planet Lockdown: This Is Only a Test
By Pepe Escobar
For all practical purposes, the Global War on Terror (GWOT) has been replaced by the Global War on Virus (GWOV). But what is not being seriously analyzed is the Perfect Toxic Storm: a totally shattered economy; The Mother of All Financial Crashes – barely masked by the trillions in helicopter money from the Fed and the ECB; the tens of millions of unemployed engendered by the New Great Depression; the millions of small businesses that will simply disappear; a widespread, global mental health crisis. Not to mention the masses of elderly, especially in the U.S., that will be issued an unspoken “drop dead” notice.

http://thesaker.is/ground-control-to-pl ... ly-a-test/

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Ground Control to Planet Lockdown

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 5, 2020, 10:19 am

REPLACED ??? .. others are pointing out the Jihadis and terrorist groups around the world are still out there and will look to exploit the current situation to reek more havoc .
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » April 5, 2020, 10:23 am

Because Donald Trump is a businessman, he picked up on this straight away.
That's why he wants to get the USA economy moving again ASAP.

He's the only politician with any brains in this reguard.
Mivk

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 5, 2020, 11:37 am

if he had any brains, who would have taken action when the pandemic was obvious. He said he knew all along, dead set liar. If he knew all along, why did he dismiss this as a hoax to get rid of him, then leave his country exposed to the ravages that it is now experiencing.

Trump is an idiot whose bad decisions is killing tens of thousands of his own citizens
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » April 5, 2020, 12:13 pm

I does seem trump wants herd mmunity , interesting experiment .swap lives to keep the stock market .very Christian of him .but it will be interesting to see what difference between .try to stop it and save lives / let them die and make money.
Time will tell , simple as that . Trump is a businessman, people are not his concern.
As said by someone the other day .the church of capitalism has turned into a death cult.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 5, 2020, 12:25 pm

Be fair, Trump has admitted to making errors

not buying enough shares in bodybag companies, and PPE making companies even after Richard Burr & Kelly Loeffler told him to, not ringfencing some hotels & golf courses as "places of national importance" where ceo's could go whilst deciding what to do with the riff raff etc etc

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » April 5, 2020, 12:49 pm

Whistler
I'm in no way a Trump supporter however let's not forget when he stopped Chinese coming into USA he was called a racist, also have a look at the gov and mayor of New York and Nancy Pelosi 3 weeks ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yGyrZmmOVM
but hey don't let the truth stop your drivel

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 5, 2020, 12:55 pm

Look at the Brittles -- in a frenzy as the corpses of their own countrymen get stacked like cord wood.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 5, 2020, 1:09 pm

Fascinating video, but I had to stop watching when I realised how it was not making sense due to all the unexplained edits.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » April 5, 2020, 1:27 pm

Jack
you tube
𝗪𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀' 𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝟰/𝟰/𝟮𝟬 | 𝗕𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗙𝗼𝘅 𝗡𝗲𝘄𝘀 𝗔𝗽𝗿𝗶𝗹 𝟰, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬
just some fairness instead of Trump blame 24/7
If he cured cancer it would be "not soon enough"
When he banned chinese travel "racist" now he's "acting too slowly"

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 5, 2020, 2:00 pm

Your link worked, cjd.

But as I said, there are obvious and unexplained jumps in the tape, which always makes me think about what has been edited.

Look at 5.35 for example - there are others which appeared before I stopped watching.

As for Trump, he is supposed to be leading - the others (who made mistakes) are relatively less important. And I haven't seen any of those political figures playing politics and economics with the situation, which Trump was doing until reality slapped finally him around the head.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 5, 2020, 2:04 pm

Well (unlike Nero) at least he's not off "playing golf whilst US burns"

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » April 5, 2020, 2:12 pm

Oh Jack
now people have doctored the video, ok those people gov new york and mayor new york told people it was completely safe and it was no worse than the flu, they are the front line in their areas
I had an experience with you when you challenged me about doing immigration in Udon which you said was not available
I won't respond again, your ilk can't see past the end of you noses
don't let any truth spoil your bigoted arguments
Stattointhailand, video link please

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 5, 2020, 2:20 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
April 5, 2020, 12:25 pm
Be fair, Trump has admitted to making errors

not buying enough shares in bodybag companies, and PPE making companies even after Richard Burr & Kelly Loeffler told him to, not ringfencing some hotels & golf courses as "places of national importance" where ceo's could go whilst deciding what to do with the riff raff etc etc
"Stattointhailand, video link please"

It was meant to be a little light relief .......... not even Trump would be that stup ............ I'll look or a link somewhere

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 5, 2020, 2:32 pm

cjd01 wrote:
April 5, 2020, 12:49 pm
Whistler
I'm in no way a Trump supporter however let's not forget when he stopped Chinese coming into USA he was called a racist, also have a look at the gov and mayor of New York and Nancy Pelosi 3 weeks ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yGyrZmmOVM
but hey don't let the truth stop your drivel
What travel bans?

China, what a joke. If you are a US citizen you can bring the virus back with you, and many did, but if you are Chinese we will stop you. Ridiculous. the 40,000 people who flew DIRECT from China to the USA after the so called ban were not even properly screened or isolated, they came in and spread COVID 19 all over the place.

Europe, ditto.. Initially the UK was exempt, but every returning US citizen was exempt. How do you think New York got bombed with cases? USA tourists returning to the States as they were exempt from a ban. Or how about other Europeans who could fly to the UK, then onto the USA without ever being screened for the original departure point.

No need to use insulting words like drivel, if you have a fact state it clearly, but make sure you get the facts right in the first place.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 5, 2020, 2:51 pm

cjd01 wrote:
April 5, 2020, 2:12 pm
Oh Jack
now people have doctored the video, ok those people gov new york and mayor new york told people it was completely safe and it was no worse than the flu, they are the front line in their areas
I had an experience with you when you challenged me about doing immigration in Udon which you said was not available
I won't respond again, your ilk can't see past the end of you noses
don't let any truth spoil your bigoted arguments
Stattointhailand, video link please
cjd, you may be happy to accept on face value video which jumps around for no reason, and also seems to lack context - I'm not.

What does the jump at 10.40 mean?

I also said "edited", which is vastly different to "doctored".

You asked statto for a video link - I would be thankful if you could provide one for when Gov. Cuomo says that Covid is "completely safe and it was no worse than the flu"..........

As for Udon Immigration - I asked for clarification of your situation, which was different to the general understanding at the time. You provided it, everyone was happy for the update, and moved on.

Or did they?

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 5, 2020, 2:53 pm

The US is not China. The radical lock downs and travel restrictions would not be tolerated by the citizens even if that was the best way to control the virus. That would certainly be construed as a heavy handed government violating human rights.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 5, 2020, 3:23 pm

glalt wrote:
April 5, 2020, 2:53 pm
The US is not China. The radical lock downs and travel restrictions would not be tolerated by the citizens even if that was the best way to control the virus. That would certainly be construed as a heavy handed government violating human rights.
It would also seem that asking the US public to use their brain to save the lives of millions is also violating their "god given" right to be stupid

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 5, 2020, 4:27 pm

just for cjd01

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/04/us/c ... e=Homepage

You a Queenslander cjd? I liken this to installing a fly screen on the front door, then opening the backdoor and all the windows in the house and wondering where the flies and mossies got in. (for non Antipodeans, mossies or mozzies are mosquitoes).

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 5, 2020, 4:44 pm

Exactly how Oz got their flies
Banned the direct flight path
Get from secondary infected mossies
or their own returning

Return to “World News”