US Presidential election odds

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: US Presidential election odds

Post by Whistler » May 23, 2020, 12:23 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 23, 2020, 7:50 am
GOT Something Wizzler ..NEW all be it strange
Yes i know it the very bias n excitable Turley but it does bear out Bidens admition on camera..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7jxxLbh8zU

An accused crim in Ukranian court ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft1Hq5H4-i0

DM
The investigation into Burisma was for money laundering in 2010 - 2012, Biden joined the board in 2014. The story is a beat-up and will go nowhere. 2 + 2 = 4. Turley is trying to claim 2 + 2 = something else.

This is an old story already disproved.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 23, 2020, 12:31 pm

^ ...and maybe why the more credible right wing media hasn't even sniffed at it?

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 23, 2020, 1:07 pm

Whistler wrote:
May 23, 2020, 12:23 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
Yes i know it the very bias n excitable Turley but it does bear out Bidens admition on camera..

DM
The investigation into Burisma was for money laundering in 2010 - 2012, Biden joined the board in 2014. The story is a beat-up and will go nowhere. 2 + 2 = 4. Turley is trying to claim 2 + 2 = something else.

Yes it's going nowhere legally
My understanding of this story is that Trump was impeached for supposed Quid Pro Quo with Ukraine
Hunter Biden joined the board of Burisma in 2014, Joe Biden in 2016 demanded that the prosecutor Shokin investigating Burisma be fired or the US would withhold 1 billion in aid. Biden went on tv and told the story, fire the prosecutor or no 1 billion.
what their trying to achieve here is to show the double standard that is at play between the handling of two "Quid Pro Quo"
very similar to the outcry over Brett Kavanaugh and it's a nothing burger with Biden

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 23, 2020, 1:37 pm

cjd01 wrote:
May 23, 2020, 1:07 pm
Whistler wrote:
May 23, 2020, 12:23 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM

Yes it's going nowhere legally
My understanding of this story is that Trump was impeached for supposed Quid Pro Quo with Ukraine
Hunter Biden joined the board of Burisma in 2014, Joe Biden in 2016 demanded that the prosecutor Shokin investigating Burisma be fired or the US would withhold 1 billion in aid. Biden went on tv and told the story, fire the prosecutor or no 1 billion.
what their trying to achieve here is to show the double standard that is at play between the handling of two "Quid Pro Quo"
very similar to the outcry over Brett Kavanaugh and it's a nothing burger with Biden
Hey dont worry about thread hijacking .. you raise the point i was meaning ref the 2 vids .. yes it was in the past prior to Biden joining the company but his admission on camera does say a lot about his personal and political ethical stance IMO .. also just imagine the furora if this came out about Trump .. the wizard of Ozz which Pelosi would cum in her apple catching pants whilst gorging on chocolate cake and ice cream at the news ..

Right tally ho gents carry on !!

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 23, 2020, 1:58 pm

Biden was late on the scene, after numerous US and EU officials pushed for Shokin's sacking because he was stymieing corruption investigations in Ukraine ie Biden was acting in an official capacity with his quid pro quo.

It's all here (and in many other credible news sources):

https://www.ft.com/content/e1454ace-e61 ... 5a370481bc

In case it is firewalled:
EU diplomats working on Ukraine at the time have, however, told the FT that they were looking for ways to persuade Kiev to remove Mr Shokin well before Mr Biden entered the picture. The push for Mr Shokin’s removal was part of an international effort to bolster Ukraine’s institutions following Russia’s annexation of Crimea and the armed conflict in the eastern part of the country.

“All of us were really pushing [former Ukrainian president Petro] Poroshenko that he needs to do something, because the prosecutor was not following any of the corruption issues. He was really bad news,” said an EU diplomat involved in the discussions. “It was Biden who finally came in [and triggered it]. Biden was the most vocal, as the US usually is. But we were all literally complaining about the prosecutor.”

Mr Shokin had been appointed prosecutor-general of Ukraine in February 2015, but the discussions in Washington and EU capitals about pushing for his removal started as early as April after he failed to follow through on a burst of expected early anti-corruption moves, one former US Treasury official said. Mr Biden entered the fray in December 2015, placing Mr Shokin’s removal at the top of his agenda on a visit to Kiev. “I know how the idea to have Shokin fired came up, and it wasn't Biden. His direct involvement came late in the game,” the former US Treasury official said.
Trump's quid quo pro, on the other hand, was trying to use already approved US government money as leverage to get dirt on a political opponent ie abuse of power.

Trump was also impeached for obstruction.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 23, 2020, 2:44 pm

Well
I don't know the truth to a lot of this, on the Bongino show he played a tape of a supposed conversation between Biden and the Ukraine PM in which the PM says he's sacked Shokin even though there's no evidence of his corruption and Biden says great.
IMHO I don't believe any of them can be trusted the amounts of corruption money would turn many.
I know your a Trump hater as are many which is your choice, my defense of him is purely based on my opinion that he has never been given the opportunity to be the POTUS, they wanted to impeach him the first week after the election surely he was entitled to what they call a honeymoon period after election.
anyway debate without the piffle is fine by me.
as far as Trumps impeachment all the secret witness testimony kept in the dark by Schiff was zero not one with any evidence as for obstruction of what?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 23, 2020, 3:47 pm

The so called criminal case is based solely on a complaint by Shokin that was basically his claim of being illegally sacked. It is not a police or government initiated 'criminal' case. The only recent development was identifying Biden senior by name.

This case is going nowhere and I doubt if it will get much mainstream press as it is a non story.

Shokin had more than his fair share of critics, allowing corruption to flourish under his watch. That is why the guarantee was withheld, the US wanted Ukranian corruption to be under scrutiny. There is not a single piece of evidence, nor is there even an active investigation against either Biden despite Trump demanding it as a condition of providing aid.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 23, 2020, 4:53 pm

Whistler wrote:
May 23, 2020, 3:47 pm
The so called criminal case is based solely on a complaint by Shokin that was basically his claim of being illegally sacked. It is not a police or government initiated 'criminal' case. The only recent development was identifying Biden senior by name.

This case is going nowhere and I doubt if it will get much mainstream press as it is a non story.

Shokin had more than his fair share of critics, allowing corruption to flourish under his watch. That is why the guarantee was withheld, the US wanted Ukranian corruption to be under scrutiny. There is not a single piece of evidence, nor is there even an active investigation against either Biden despite Trump demanding it as a condition of providing aid.
Sure It's going nowhere criminally but it smells
you've got a basically unqualified person Biden Jr appointed to the board of a corruption riddled company in one of the most corrupt countries in Europe whilst his father is VP USA and responsible for foreign aid.
IMHO Shokin was probably on the take as were probably lots more in the loop
my point is if your name is Obama, Clinton, Biden, Pelosi etc you can do no wrong
others must be hounded and bankrupted as was Michael Flynn

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 23, 2020, 5:15 pm

CJ,

Biden Jnr, seriously compromised his father. If his father was not VP, I doubt if he would have been appointed, to quote a popular Aussie political expression 'It does not pass the sniff test'.

However, opportunism and criminality are two different things.

My view, is both Biden's should have seen the likelihood of this becoming a stink, and walked away from that potential stink bomb, especially as Burisma was already suspected of money laundering and other corrupt activities.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 23, 2020, 5:25 pm

Whistler wrote:
May 23, 2020, 5:15 pm
CJ,

Biden Jnr, seriously compromised his father. If his father was not VP, I doubt if he would have been appointed, to quote a popular Aussie political expression 'It does not pass the sniff test'.

However, opportunism and criminality are two different things.

My view, is both Biden's should have seen the likelihood of this becoming a stink, and walked away from that potential stink bomb, especially as Burisma was already suspected of money laundering and other corrupt activities.
That just about sums it up however IMHO they never thought it would come out and if HRC had won I'm sure the money go round would have continued
as an aside both of our candidates are suffering from foot in mouth disease, I'm worried it'll be me paying for those delicious KFC chips and extras

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 23, 2020, 5:45 pm

BTW, I am not a Biden supporter, I think he is lame. Of all the Dem candidates, I would not choose one single one of them, totally uninspiring.

A vote for Biden is not a vote for Biden, in many cases, I suspect it is merely a vote against Trump

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 23, 2020, 5:56 pm

Whistler wrote:
May 23, 2020, 5:45 pm
BTW, I am not a Biden supporter, I think he is lame. Of all the Dem candidates, I would not choose one single one of them, totally uninspiring.

A vote for Biden is not a vote for Biden, in may cases, I suspect it is merely a vote against Trump
Blooming heck .i totally agree with that Wizzler .. Biden just comes across as weak n frail .. not good attributes to be big boss IMO

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 23, 2020, 6:03 pm

Whistler wrote:

A vote for Biden is not a vote for Biden, in many cases, I suspect it is merely a vote against Trump
Four years ago some said a vote for Trump wasn't a really a vote for Trump, it was a vote against Clinton.

“plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose."

Maybe 2024 will be a bit less parochial.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 23, 2020, 6:04 pm

Whistler wrote:

A vote for Biden is not a vote for Biden, in may cases, I suspect it is merely a vote against Trump
I see it as a boys club sorry persons club
The reps had control of both houses initially and after promising to get rid of Obamacare now remind me how did that go
They pretend to be anti each other but actions speak louder than words
I've come out for Trump because to me it looks like he hasn't been given a fair shake but who knows could be all smoke and mirrors
Ok argue later off to usual Saturday night village orgy

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 23, 2020, 6:13 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 23, 2020, 5:56 pm
Whistler wrote:

Blooming heck .i totally agree with that Wizzler .. Biden just comes across as weak n frail .. not good attributes to be big boss IMO

DM
DM,

There are very few elections won by an inspiring candidate. Typically, these 'Inspiring' candidates stand out as the antithesis of the previous incumbent. FDR, JFK and strangely squeaky clean Jimmy Carter in the USA. Tony Blair in the UK, Gough Whitlam & Bob Hawke in Australia, maybe Jacinta Ardern in NZ. They all offered an alternative to stuck-in-the-mud pitiful predecessors.

I have zero doubt that Trump himself was seen as an alternative to the cynical politics of previous Dem and Rep Washington elites.

Many took their countries to a new level, Carter was innocuous, Tony Blair IMHO was an empty suit, but Trump takes the cake as the worst ever at promising much and delivering chaos.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » May 23, 2020, 7:14 pm

in your humble opinion and thankfully yanks
don't really care about snivelling scots analyses

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 23, 2020, 7:18 pm

I should have added Rudd, a drunken ego maniac with delusions of adequacy

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 23, 2020, 7:59 pm

Orgy cancelled due to rain
Kevin 07
your hitting below the belt with this one
I voted for him (groan)
Queenslander

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 23, 2020, 8:12 pm

Whistler wrote:
May 23, 2020, 7:18 pm
I should have added Rudd, a drunken ego maniac with delusions of adequacy
Australia owes Rudd a huge vote of thanks, for ridding the country (and his own electorate) of the pernicious little turd, otherwise known (in his own party) as the "lying rodent".

John Howard - you won't be missed.

Meanwhile back in the US........ :D

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 23, 2020, 8:29 pm

Jack,

Rudd followed Keynsian policies when the GFC hit, it was in his genes to do so. Thank god for that.

He used to start drinking scotch around 7:00 every evening. as the night wore on, he became more mau mau, more obnoxious, paranoid and demanding, he treated his staff mercilessly, with a massive staff burn out rate. A genius in a very flawed personality.

If you were in the same room as Rudd, he left it in no doubt that he was the sun, the moon and the stars, everybody else a peon.

A great brain, a very poor leader.

Return to “U.S. Politics”