cjd01
udonmap.com

Re: US Presidential election odds

Post by cjd01 » May 7, 2020, 9:35 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
May 7, 2020, 9:26 pm
cjd01 wrote:
May 7, 2020, 8:55 pm
There's no argument from me on any politician gaining unfairly from their position but we could name many others including many from the other side of the isle.
The only solution is to elect real people but it's not going to happen we don't get a real choice you vote for A or B
so your argument is it's okay for him to do it because other people are doing it? Makes perfect sense.
[/quote]

Well if that's how you want to twist what I said, there's not much hope for you
Do you have anything constructive or should we just bash Trump because he's breathing
[/quote]

That's what you said. I believe I've pointed out how he is attempting to destroy anything that has worked here to benefit himself and his billionaire friends. How can you destroy a retirement system that individuals have paid into, not by choice but mandated by law, take that away and give unlimited tax breaks to the people who don't need it. Makes no sense. We are well on our way to becoming a third world country, The have and the have nots.
[/quote]
Sorry you just keep repeating the same thing
personally I don't care, have you got several days so I can tell you my problems
Run for POTUS
but stop bleating bla bla bla

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » May 8, 2020, 12:16 am

cjd01 wrote:
May 7, 2020, 9:35 pm
Kenr6583 wrote:
May 7, 2020, 9:26 pm
cjd01 wrote:
May 7, 2020, 8:55 pm
There's no argument from me on any politician gaining unfairly from their position but we could name many others including many from the other side of the isle.
The only solution is to elect real people but it's not going to happen we don't get a real choice you vote for A or B
so your argument is it's okay for him to do it because other people are doing it? Makes perfect sense.
Well if that's how you want to twist what I said, there's not much hope for you
Do you have anything constructive or should we just bash Trump because he's breathing
[/quote]

That's what you said. I believe I've pointed out how he is attempting to destroy anything that has worked here to benefit himself and his billionaire friends. How can you destroy a retirement system that individuals have paid into, not by choice but mandated by law, take that away and give unlimited tax breaks to the people who don't need it. Makes no sense. We are well on our way to becoming a third world country, The have and the have nots.
[/quote]
Sorry you just keep repeating the same thing
personally I don't care, have you got several days so I can tell you my problems
Run for POTUS
but stop bleating bla bla bla
[/quote]

LOL. Once an idiot always an idiot. You asked for reasons why I dislike him and I tell you and you still come back with the same b*******. Highly intelligent individual. I guess I got to come up with a different reason everyday.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 8, 2020, 5:29 am

jackspratt wrote:
May 7, 2020, 7:40 pm
An alternative view on the so-called "framing" of Mike Flynn - who has never denied he lied to the FBI.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/flynn-redux ... eally-show
Breaking News DOJ drop prosecution
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/drops- ... mo-release

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 8, 2020, 5:35 am

LOL. Once an idiot always an idiot. You asked for reasons why I dislike him and I tell you and you still come back with the same b*******. Highly intelligent individual. I guess I got to come up with a different reason everyday.
[/quote]

Ah back to type i don't recall asking why you don't like Trump
Your choice who you like or dislike
I don't care just don't appreciate your attitude
as I said I won't smear real idiots by calling you one
your far below that mental capacity
get a life fool

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 9, 2020, 1:04 am

jackspratt wrote:
May 7, 2020, 8:20 pm
... I can't think of any good reason why any advanced democracy would reckon it is a good idea to allow anybody over the age of 70 to stand for the highest office in the land.
My thoughts too. And doubly so in the Covid 19 years in the pandemic countries such as the US, Canada, Italy etc. A leader in his or her 70s needs to be kept very isolated from others. Leading from the basement will be the norm for leaders Trump and Biden's age.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 9, 2020, 6:38 am

GT93 wrote:
May 9, 2020, 1:04 am
jackspratt wrote:
May 7, 2020, 8:20 pm
... I can't think of any good reason why any advanced democracy would reckon it is a good idea to allow anybody over the age of 70 to stand for the highest office in the land.
My thoughts too. And doubly so in the Covid 19 years in the pandemic countries such as the US, Canada, Italy etc. A leader in his or her 70s needs to be kept very isolated from others. Leading from the basement will be the norm for leaders Trump and Biden's age.
Agree totally ..whats more as the years progress the grey mater doesnt function as it should , , memory loss , making decisions and thought patterns become effected and strange things happen body wise .. its natural part of getting old and nothing that can be done about it even for the most powerful persons on the planet .. just the reason these people have loads of staff and speech writers etc ..

so IMO younger progressive thinking presidents and prime ministers are a must .. example Finland.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 9, 2020, 7:36 am

Winston Churchill became Prime Minister of Britain at age 66, he was well over 70 by the end of WWII. 70 for some is old, but this is not a case of one size fits all.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 9, 2020, 7:38 am

Whistler wrote:
May 9, 2020, 7:36 am
Winston Churchill became Prime Minister of Britain at age 66, he was well over 70 by the end of WWII. 70 for some is old, but this is not a case of one size fits all.
This is scary, I agree with you
one size definitely doesn't fit all

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 9, 2020, 7:55 am

Whistler wrote:
May 9, 2020, 7:36 am
Yes i understand that ..my point was IMO 70 is too old fora Prez or PM .. and the 40/50 somethings would be better suited .. its not a given that with age comes a wise head .. this none more evident and simple to see just by taking a trip down Udons strip Soi Samphanit mid morning to see the aging unshaven rag tag n ponytail early risers with their disgraceful socks n sandal attire and colour coordination disasters.

DM

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 9, 2020, 8:07 am

DM,

Plenty of Lau Kauw men all over Udon in their 40's and 50's, so based on your reasoning, no 40 or 50 year olds should ever be PM.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 9, 2020, 8:38 am

Plenty of youngsters here Khun Whistler

10 youngest serving state leaders

** Sebastian Kurz, the youngest serving state leader

Rank Name Position Birth Age

1 Sebastian Kurz Chancellor of Austria (since 2020)[9] 27 August 1986 33 years, 255 days

2 Sanna Marin Prime Minister of Finland (since 2019) 16 November 1985 34 years, 174 days

3 Kim Jong-un Supreme Leader of North Korea[10] (since 2011) 8 January 1983 37 years, 121 days

4 Nayib Bukele President of El Salvador (since 2019) 24 July 1981 38 years, 289 days

5 Jacinda Ardern Prime Minister of New Zealand (since 2017) 26 July 1980 39 years, 287 days

6 Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani Emir of Qatar (since 2013) 3 June 1980 39 years, 340 days

7 Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck individual of Bhutan (since 2006) 21 February 1980 40 years, 77 days

8 Carlos Alvarado Quesada President of Costa Rica (since 2018) 14 January 1980 40 years, 115 days

9 Xavier Espot Zamora Head of Government of Andorra (since 2019) 30 October 1979 40 years, 191 days

10 Leo Varadkar Taoiseach of Ireland (since 2017) 18 January 1979 41 years, 111 days

many of the above approx half the age of POTUS , Biden etc etc and not a can of hair dye , pony tail , incontinence pants and un matching pair of socks n sandals in sight :-"

DM

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 9, 2020, 9:05 am

Plenty older ones too. 3, 4 & 6 are hardly glowing examples of good young leaders, 2 big time despots and one semi corrupt despot

Ability, not age should determine who should lead.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 9, 2020, 9:23 am

Whistler wrote:
May 9, 2020, 9:05 am
Plenty older ones too. 3, 4 & 6 are hardly glowing examples of good young leaders, 2 big time despots and one semi corrupt despot

Ability, not age should determine who should lead.
A combination of Ability , charisma , experience , political agendas , manifesto policies and a healthy age ie hopefully of sound mind n body should determine who lead .. hair colouring not an issue but memory loss , erratic behaviour , decisions and statements most certainly are.

WITH AGE COMES A WISE HEAD way of thinking .. is just folly... and runs the risk of a stuck in a time warp stick in the mud whi still things braces are the best method of holding up Y fronts.. DISASTER !!

DM

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 9, 2020, 9:49 am

I would be for age restrictions. A US Supreme count justice is 86 years old and should have been retired years ago. She is in poor health and is of no use to anyone.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 9, 2020, 9:56 am

glalt wrote:
May 9, 2020, 9:49 am
I would be for age restrictions. A US Supreme count justice is 86 years old and should have been retired years ago. She is in poor health and is of no use to anyone.
I'm sure she would have gone some time ago if she could be assured her replacement would be appointed on the basis of ability, rather than perceived political stances.

But much like the gerrymandering of districts, the US Supreme Court is an affront to democratic (no pun intended) norms.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 9, 2020, 10:26 am

Obama was president for eight years. Why didn't she retire then?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 9, 2020, 10:30 am

jackspratt wrote:
May 9, 2020, 9:56 am
glalt wrote:
I'm sure she would have gone some time ago if she could be assured her replacement would be appointed on the basis of ability, rather than perceived political stances.

But much like the gerrymandering of districts, the US Supreme Court is an affront to democratic (no pun intended) norms.
86 is crazy .. just a paycheck for life , should be made to retire .. how out of touch will this fossil be when it comes to rational decision making .. sounds like death is the when you leave . SAD VERY SAD

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 9, 2020, 10:31 am

jackspratt wrote:
May 9, 2020, 9:56 am
glalt wrote:

Thinker
How about that Michael Flynn
please do your Shane Warne

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 10, 2020, 4:15 pm

New docs come to light that seem to indicate there is more truth in Tara Reades story than what is being admitted by Biden and his camp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYCN6XV24Us

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 10, 2020, 4:32 pm

glalt wrote:
would be for age restrictions. A US Supreme count justice is 86 years old and should have been retired years ago. She is in poor health and is of no use to anyone
I don't agree.
Being a supreme court judge is totally different to being a president where life is ever changing and you need to be in touch with the people, of all ages etc.

Law, is law, written in stone and hardly changing.
She is there because of her knowledge of the law.
All of those supreme judges discuss aspects of the law and compliance/non compliance all the time.
If she lost the confidence of her colleagues, she would have left long ago, so, obviously she hasn't.

When you go to the doctor, who do you want to see, the youngest, or oldest?
Oldest for me, more experience.
Mick

Return to “U.S. Politics”