Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: US Presidential election odds

Post by Whistler » May 7, 2020, 6:14 pm

cjd01 wrote:
May 7, 2020, 5:54 pm
Whistler wrote:
May 7, 2020, 5:22 pm
never watch MSN so only some very vague views on Mr Flynn.

When he was appointed, I thought good choice, an informed military guy who would provide good advice. Later when he was fired, I thought inevitable, he was not a yes man.

I felt he had been tied in knots being a loyal Trump guy and compromised himself, got in too deep and it was hard for him to back off.

I would summarise it with the old saying, popularised by Neville (Nifty) Wran 'Lay down with dogs, get up with fleas'
Ok your obviously not up with this story
it will be very difficult for even CNN to ignore soon
just as an aside they do an extremely delicious frog and rat fricassee here in the village
No rat pie? Goes really well with KFC chips

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 7, 2020, 6:22 pm

glalt wrote:
May 7, 2020, 6:10 pm
cjd01 wrote:
Whistler wrote:

When he was appointed, I thought good choice, an informed military guy who would provide good advice. Later when he was fired, I thought inevitable, he was not a yes man.

I felt he had been tied in knots being a loyal Trump guy and compromised himself, got in too deep and it was hard for him to back off.

I would summarise it with the old saying, popularised by Neville (Nifty) Wran 'Lay down with dogs, get up with fleas'
just as an aside they do an extremely delicious frog and rat fricassee here in the village
It was quite obvious that Kenr6583 was not going to put his money where his mouth is. I didn't think he would shut up either but he seems to have gone silent for at least a while. Maybe you did shut him up?
Glalt
I don't want to shut him up, I believe in everyone's right to an opinion, it's just the vitriolic manner that a lot of these guys have that pulls my chain, I'm often wrong (well once I think about 20 years ago) but will concede if proven incorrect.
as an aside enjoyed the solar discussion

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 7, 2020, 7:40 pm

An alternative view on the so-called "framing" of Mike Flynn - who has never denied he lied to the FBI.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/flynn-redux ... eally-show

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » May 7, 2020, 7:42 pm

glalt wrote:
May 7, 2020, 6:10 pm
cjd01 wrote:
Whistler wrote:

It was quite obvious that Kenr6583 was not going to put his money where his mouth is. I didn't think he would shut up either but he seems to have gone silent for at least a while. Maybe you did shut him up?
Have to sleep before I go to work genius

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » May 7, 2020, 7:44 pm

cjd01 wrote:
May 7, 2020, 10:49 am
And? I believe he is a terrible POTUS and has done nothing other then benefit himself and his family while in office. Don't you think someone's agenda would affect their odds of winning the presidency? All I stated was that if he kept up his b******* about eliminating social security and Medicare that he would lose, and that would be for any idiot who is running for presidency. So how did I change the subject? Because that's what you think I did? So are you saying only what you think matters? You are an idiot.

Ok as an idiot who has no understanding of anything unlike your learned self
could you please point me to proven instances where he and his family have benefited from him being in of
I won't insult idiots by calling you one
your nowhere near that level all you have is your bigoted small minded agenda
If you can't but up the $10000 you were sprouting what about 10 cents

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » May 7, 2020, 7:48 pm

cjd01 wrote:
And? I believe he is a terrible POTUS and has done nothing other then benefit himself and his family while in office. Don't you think someone's agenda would affect their odds of winning the presidency? All I stated was that if he kept up his b******* about eliminating social security and Medicare that he would lose, and that would be for any idiot who is running for presidency. So how did I change the subject? Because that's what you think I did? So are you saying only what you think matters? You are an idiot.

could you please point me to proven instances where he and his family have benefited from him being in of
Let's talk about the tax cuts in 2017, how about all the money he makes while staying at his resort in Florida, how much money him and his family got from the $2.2 trillion stimulus payout that were supposed to go to small businesses but didn't. All the money he makes when these foreign dignitaries come and stay at his hotels. That's why he never divested, so you can collect millions of dollars a year from these businesses. And now he's trying to eliminate the capital gains tax. It's a joke.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 7, 2020, 7:51 pm

jackspratt wrote:
May 7, 2020, 7:40 pm
An alternative view on the so-called "framing" of Mike Flynn - who has never denied he lied to the FBI.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/flynn-redux ... eally-show
here you go
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-ba ... estigators
There's a lot more to this

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 7, 2020, 8:00 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
May 7, 2020, 7:48 pm
cjd01 wrote:

Let's talk about the tax cuts in 2017, how about all the money he makes while staying at his resort in Florida, how much money him and his family got from the $2.2 trillion stimulus payout that were supposed to go to small businesses but didn't. All the money he makes when these foreign dignitaries come and stay at his hotels. That's why he never divested, so you can collect millions of dollars a year from these businesses. And now he's trying to eliminate the capital gains tax. It's a joke.
There's no argument from me on any politician gaining unfairly from their position but we could name many others including many from the other side of the isle.
The only solution is to elect real people but it's not going to happen we don't get a real choice you vote for A or B

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 7, 2020, 8:09 pm

Seems a tad strange that some can comment how Tump has been a terrible POTUS (maybe he has) yet at the same time consider Hilary Clinton to have been better if she won last time and if she wins next time ... when the Clintons history has been a power crazed legacy of lies , mistakes and alleged murders with the blood on their hands .. opps sorry i mean engine failure accidents

T o sum up .. the USA does appear to have a really sh8t choice , where are all the younger politicians a move away from the aging power craving oldies ..anything would be better than Biden Clinton and Trump

OMO

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 7, 2020, 8:20 pm

Hilary Clinton has never been POTUS, and never will be - so to speculate whether she would have made a good President, or otherwise, is just, but.... but.... Hilary.

On the other hand, Trump is the President, and the pretty consistent theme seems to be that he and his administration has been an absolute clusterfuuck.

I can't think of any good reason why any advanced democracy would reckon it is a good idea to allow anybody over the age of 70 to stand for the highest office in the land.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 7, 2020, 8:30 pm

jackspratt wrote:
May 7, 2020, 8:20 pm
On the other hand, Trump is the President, and the pretty consistent theme seems to be that he and his administration has been an absolute clusterfuuck.
consistent theme by whom the US MSM or unbiased fair pundits such as yourself?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 7, 2020, 8:35 pm

cjd01 wrote:
May 7, 2020, 8:30 pm

Both - plus MSM and thinkers from pretty much all over the globe.

Plus, don't forget that even the US voting public, by a fair margin, didn't want him in 2016.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 7, 2020, 8:40 pm

jackspratt wrote:
May 7, 2020, 8:35 pm
cjd01 wrote:

Well thinker, I still believe he has a large support base in his own country, what others from around the globe think means diddly squat anyway election coming you can crow then or?
did you get the link to Flynn saying he's not guilty or can we ignore that as per usual.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » May 7, 2020, 8:44 pm

cjd01 wrote:
May 7, 2020, 8:00 pm
Kenr6583 wrote:
May 7, 2020, 7:48 pm
cjd01 wrote:

There's no argument from me on any politician gaining unfairly from their position but we could name many others including many from the other side of the isle.
The only solution is to elect real people but it's not going to happen we don't get a real choice you vote for A or B
so your argument is it's okay for him to do it because other people are doing it? Makes perfect sense.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 7, 2020, 8:54 pm

cjd01 wrote:
May 7, 2020, 8:40 pm
jackspratt wrote:
cjd01 wrote:

Well thinker, I still believe he has a large support base in his own country, what others from around the globe think means diddly squat anyway election coming you can crow then or?
did you get the link to Flynn saying he's not guilty or can we ignore that as per usual.
Flynn can say he is not guilty - but that is a decision for the court to determine, following his plea of guilty to lying. And I did note that he now says he didn't lie.

My link addresses that point in some detail.

Thanks for the suggestion of me being a "thinker" - I feel more comfortable with your your original idea as an "unbiased fair pundit".

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 7, 2020, 8:55 pm

[/quote]
[/quote]

so your argument is it's okay for him to do it because other people are doing it? Makes perfect sense.
[/quote]

Well if that's how you want to twist what I said, there's not much hope for you
Do you have anything constructive or should we just bash Trump because he's breathing

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 7, 2020, 9:01 pm

jackspratt wrote:
May 7, 2020, 8:54 pm
cjd01 wrote:
May 7, 2020, 8:40 pm
jackspratt wrote:
cjd01 wrote:

Flynn can say he is not guilty - but that is a decision for the court to determine, following his plea of guilty to lying. And I did note that he now says he didn't lie.

My link addresses that point in some detail.

Thanks for the suggestion of me being a "thinker" - I feel more comfortable with your your original idea as an "unbiased fair pundit".
But what makes your link the panacea, I could point to links sprouting his total railroading and innocence, so what
I'm expecting a lot of inconvenient truths for you about this case and sooner rather than later

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 7, 2020, 9:10 pm

cjd01 wrote:
May 7, 2020, 9:01 pm

But what makes your link the panacea, .........
I haven't suggested it is the panacea (?) - in fact I said it was:
An alternative view....

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 7, 2020, 9:13 pm

jackspratt wrote:
May 7, 2020, 9:10 pm
cjd01 wrote:
May 7, 2020, 9:01 pm

But what makes your link the panacea, .........
I haven't suggested it is the panacea (?) - in fact I said it was:
An alternative view....
ok here's an alternative view
https://conservativedailypost.com/trump ... ords-lost/

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » May 7, 2020, 9:26 pm

cjd01 wrote:
May 7, 2020, 8:55 pm
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well if that's how you want to twist what I said, there's not much hope for you
Do you have anything constructive or should we just bash Trump because he's breathing
[/quote]

That's what you said. I believe I've pointed out how he is attempting to destroy anything that has worked here to benefit himself and his billionaire friends. How can you destroy a retirement system that individuals have paid into, not by choice but mandated by law, take that away and give unlimited tax breaks to the people who don't need it. Makes no sense. We are well on our way to becoming a third world country, The have and the have nots.

Return to “U.S. Politics”