May 7, 2020, 7:54 am
Trump will catch covid ,inject bleach then game over
so I guess he's 100/1 to win the election
can I have some please, you can pay me in pies

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: US Presidential election odds

Post by Whistler » May 7, 2020, 8:57 am

CJD is not entirely off the mark, but a few differences between 2020 and the last federal elections in USA and Australia.

in 2016, Hillary was quite unpopular in her own party and immensely unpopular with Republicans, last March Shorton was on the nose on both sides of politics and deeply unpopular with the Labor party. My view is was not so much that Trump and Morrison won an election, it was their opposing candidate were not popular and they lost.

In the USA, Democrats did not turn up to vote, so Hillary lost a lot of votes, in Australia, Labor votes bled to One Nation, PUP and there was a massive informal vote. In both countries, otherwise progressive voters did not like their choice of available candidates

Biden may not be exciting, but he is inoffensive, a completely different candidate then either Hillary or Bill Shorton.

Unless something radically changes, Trump will lose this election all by himself and Biden will do a Bradbury.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAADWfJO2qM
Last edited by Whistler on May 7, 2020, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » May 7, 2020, 9:04 am

I will say this, if Trump keeps on with his b******* about eliminating payroll taxes and capital gains taxes, I'll put $10,000 down on those 100/1 odds. Eliminating the payroll taxes would mean no more social security benefits or Medicare, eliminating both programs, and there's no way in hell he will be re-elected if he runs on this agenda.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 7, 2020, 9:10 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
May 7, 2020, 9:04 am
I will say this, if Trump keeps on with his b******* about eliminating payroll taxes and capital gains taxes, I'll put $10,000 down on those 100/1 odds. Eliminating the payroll taxes would mean no more social security benefits or Medicare, eliminating both programs, and there's no way in hell he will be re-elected if he runs on this agenda.
Cutting any tax is a joke ,how are they going to pay back the 3tn dollars they just spent ? It's like living off a credit card
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 7, 2020, 9:20 am

Whistler wrote:
May 7, 2020, 8:57 am
CJD is not entirely off the mark, but a few differences between 2020 and the last federal elections in USA and Australia.

in 2016, Hillary was quite unpopular in her own party and immensely unpopular with Republicans, last March Shorton was on the nose on both sides of politics and deeply unpopular with the Labor party. My view is was not so much that Trump and Morrison won an election, it was their opposing candidate were not popular and they lost.

In the USA, Democrats did not turn up to vote, so Hillary lost a lot of votes, in Australia, Labor votes bled to One Nation, PUP and there was a massive informal vote. In both countries, otherwise progressive voters did not like their choice of available candidates

Biden may not be exciting, but he is inoffensive, a completely different candidate then either Hillary or Bill Shorton.

Unless something radically changes, Trump will lose this election all by himself and Biden will do a Bradbury.

Whistler opinions are like arseholes, we've all got one
and you always assert yours very strongly, that's ok
but some including me disagree with your views totally
I'm sure I can't convince you of anything and vice versa
the US election is looming
If Trump loses to Biden, I'll be the first to acknowledge it ( and will have lost money)
I don't believe your side will accept it and will carry on as the last 3-4 years
I do recall before the last US election many asking would Trump accept that he'd lost
Now how did that play out?

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 7, 2020, 9:25 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
So now we deflect to Bla Bla Bla
If you want to grandstand take my bet on Trump against Biden at 100/1
put up or shut up

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » May 7, 2020, 9:59 am

cjd01 wrote:
May 7, 2020, 9:25 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
put up or shut up
Deflect what idiot? How am I grandstanding when this other idiot is trying to take away benefits that I've been paying into for 40 years along with everyone else in this country?

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 7, 2020, 10:08 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
May 7, 2020, 9:59 am
cjd01 wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
put up or shut up
Deflect what idiot? How am I grandstanding when this other idiot is trying to take away benefits that I've been paying into for 40 years along with everyone else in this country?
didn't take long to revert to character, I'm an idiot ok
last chance money up or shut up, the argument was about Trumps odds against Biden
I don't care about taxes etc do you want to give me 100/1 Trump to win the election or do you just want to continue with your usual aggressive attack dog attitude
Maybe go have a lie down

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » May 7, 2020, 10:14 am

cjd01 wrote:
May 7, 2020, 10:08 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
cjd01 wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
put up or shut up
last chance money up or shut up, the argument was about Trumps odds against Biden
I don't care about taxes etc do you want to give me 100/1 Trump to win the election or do you just want to continue with your usual aggressive attack dog attitude
Maybe go have a lie down
The way you attack anyone who disagrees with you on here, and you're questioning what I say? I know an idiot like you doesn't care about taxes, but it's got to be payed back somehow by someone, and if you think one senior or middle-class individual is going to vote for him by eliminating their social security or Medicare, no matter how big of a racist they might be, then you are a bigger idiot than I gave you credit for. And why are you calling these arguments when they should be difference of opinions?

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 7, 2020, 10:33 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
May 7, 2020, 10:14 am
cjd01 wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
cjd01 wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
put up or shut up
Maybe go have a lie down
The way you attack anyone who disagrees with you on here, and you're questioning what I say? I know an idiot like you doesn't care about taxes, but it's got to be payed back somehow by someone, and if you think one senior or middle-class individual is going to vote for him by eliminating their social security or Medicare, no matter how big of a racist they might be, then you are a bigger idiot than I gave you credit for. And why are you calling these arguments when they should be difference of opinions?
Once again what has this got to do with the "differences of opinion" on his odds of beating Biden
you changed the topic to "I'll put $10,000 down at 100/1 " about taxes
When I challenged you, you called me an idiot and ranted on
Has it ever occurred to you that other people also pay or have paid significant taxes and have not always agreed in the way they are dispensed.
You now have to wait for the election to vote him out
anyway have gone and looked at some of your posts and can see your a "fair and unbiased" pundit concerning anything Trump
I'll be happy to put my money on Trump if your prepared to take it

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » May 7, 2020, 10:38 am

cjd01 wrote:
May 7, 2020, 10:33 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
May 7, 2020, 10:14 am
cjd01 wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
cjd01 wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
put up or shut up
Maybe go have a lie down
Once again what has this got to do with the "differences of opinion" on his odds of beating Biden
you changed the topic to "I'll put $10,000 down at 100/1 " about taxes
When I challenged you, you called me an idiot and ranted on
Has it ever occurred to you that other people also pay or have paid significant taxes and have not always agreed in the way they are dispensed.
You now have to wait for the election to vote him out
anyway have gone and looked at some of your posts and can see your a "fair and unbiased" pundit concerning anything Trump
I'll be happy to put my money on Trump if your prepared to take it
And? I believe he is a terrible POTUS and has done nothing other then benefit himself and his family while in office. Don't you think someone's agenda would affect their odds of winning the presidency? All I stated was that if he kept up his b******* about eliminating social security and Medicare that he would lose, and that would be for any idiot who is running for presidency. So how did I change the subject? Because that's what you think I did? So are you saying only what you think matters? You are an idiot.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 7, 2020, 10:49 am

And? I believe he is a terrible POTUS and has done nothing other then benefit himself and his family while in office. Don't you think someone's agenda would affect their odds of winning the presidency? All I stated was that if he kept up his b******* about eliminating social security and Medicare that he would lose, and that would be for any idiot who is running for presidency. So how did I change the subject? Because that's what you think I did? So are you saying only what you think matters? You are an idiot.

Ok as an idiot who has no understanding of anything unlike your learned self
could you please point me to proven instances where he and his family have benefited from him being in of
I won't insult idiots by calling you one
your nowhere near that level all you have is your bigoted small minded agenda
If you can't but up the $10000 you were sprouting what about 10 cents

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 7, 2020, 11:47 am

cjd01 wrote:
May 7, 2020, 10:49 am

Ok as an idiot who has no understanding of anything unlike your learned self
could you please point me to proven instances where he and his family have benefited from him being in of
I won't insult idiots by calling you one
your nowhere near that level all you have is your bigoted small minded agenda
If you can't but up the $10000 you were sprouting what about 10 cents
I've gone and done my own research and the consensus is he has profited from renting out his properties and golf courses for political events
I don't support or condone any politician using their position to enhance their assets.
regardless of party or country unfortunately it appears the norm rather then the unusual
anyway on this point I concede

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 7, 2020, 3:40 pm

cjd01 wrote:
May 7, 2020, 9:20 am
Whistler wrote:

If Trump loses to Biden, I'll be the first to acknowledge it ( and will have lost money)
I don't believe your side will accept it and will carry on as the last 3-4 years
I do recall before the last US election many asking would Trump accept that he'd lost
I am basically a progressive, but have voted conservative in the past when the party on the day has had important policies that I agree with, never have been a rusted on anything.

Having said that, Trump has displayed characteristics that I find abhorrent. He is his own biggest fan, consistently telling his audience how great he is and how everything is perfect. He has zero class, his habits of denigrating others, from non US world leaders to many in the US is obnoxious, he has lessened the dignity of the Presidential office, and he simply does not care.

He is a pathological liar. He barefaced lied about his response to COVID, ignored the advice of experts, displayed a disdain for science and has promoted more than one dangerous treatment for the disease. The failure to provide PPE, testing kits and leadership has been incredible. As a result, thousands and thousands of American citizens have needlessly died.

All of this is now open for the American public to see, his disapproval ratings have shown that American people just how awful he has been. That is why he will lose, those that put up with his eccentricities in the past, now see them as coming from a person who is not fit to be President of a dog club, let alone the USA.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 7, 2020, 4:01 pm

Whistler wrote:
May 7, 2020, 3:40 pm
cjd01 wrote:
May 7, 2020, 9:20 am
Whistler wrote:

I am basically a progressive, but have voted conservative in the past when the party on the day has had important policies that I agree with, never have been a rusted on anything.

Having said that, Trump has displayed characteristics that I find abhorrent. He is his own biggest fan, consistently telling his audience how great he is and how everything is perfect. He has zero class, his habits of denigrating others, from non US world leaders to many in the US is obnoxious, he has lessened the dignity of the Presidential office, and he simply does not care.

He is a pathological liar. He barefaced lied about his response to COVID, ignored the advice of experts, displayed a disdain for science and has promoted more than one dangerous treatment for the disease. The failure to provide PPE, testing kits and leadership has been incredible. As a result, thousands and thousands of American citizens have needlessly died.

All of this is now open for the American public to see, his disapproval ratings have shown that American people just how awful he has been. That is why he will lose, those that put up with his eccentricities in the past, now see them as coming from a person who is not fit to be President of a dog club, let alone the USA.
As I said previously we're diametrically opposed, I can't see anybody from his opposition that is in any way better
time flies and as per his reelection or not we'll soon see
I'm prepared to let you take my money with a wager as per one of your previous posts.
as many here in Thai say
Up To You

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 7, 2020, 4:27 pm

OK cj,

Let's assume the world is back to normal by Nov 3.

Dinner and drinks to be paid for by the loser, you choose, maybe Brick house, Italian place opposite or happy to have you choose any equivalent. I draw the line on Macca's or KFC.

If you win you can bring a MAGA cap that I shall wear throughout the evening. If you lose, I will make you up a lovely 'Dunce' hat that you must agree to wear

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 7, 2020, 4:39 pm

Whistler wrote:
May 7, 2020, 4:27 pm
OK cj,

Let's assume the world is back to normal by Nov 3.

Dinner and drinks to be paid for by the loser, you choose, maybe Brick house, Italian place opposite or happy to have you choose any equivalent. I draw the line on Macca's or KFC.

If you win you can bring a MAGA cap that I shall wear throughout the evening. If you lose, I will make you up a lovely

[img]https://www.shutterstock.com/image ... 3199[/img]
Ok, beggars can't be choosers, but in Aus I like KFC chips
on a completely different topic
can you give me your opinion why the MSN is completely ignoring the revelations regarding the seemingly framing of Michael Flynn
If the "revelations" are true it's a huge story but not a peep.
I know your anti Dan Bogino but I encourage you to watch today's show

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 7, 2020, 5:22 pm

never watch MSN so only some very vague views on Mr Flynn.

When he was appointed, I thought good choice, an informed military guy who would provide good advice. Later when he was fired, I thought inevitable, he was not a yes man.

I felt he had been tied in knots being a loyal Trump guy and compromised himself, got in too deep and it was hard for him to back off.

I would summarise it with the old saying, popularised by Neville (Nifty) Wran 'Lay down with dogs, get up with fleas'

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 7, 2020, 5:54 pm

Whistler wrote:
May 7, 2020, 5:22 pm

When he was appointed, I thought good choice, an informed military guy who would provide good advice. Later when he was fired, I thought inevitable, he was not a yes man.

I felt he had been tied in knots being a loyal Trump guy and compromised himself, got in too deep and it was hard for him to back off.

I would summarise it with the old saying, popularised by Neville (Nifty) Wran 'Lay down with dogs, get up with fleas'
Ok your obviously not up with this story
it will be very difficult for even CNN to ignore soon
just as an aside they do an extremely delicious frog and rat fricassee here in the village

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 7, 2020, 6:10 pm

cjd01 wrote:
May 7, 2020, 5:54 pm
Whistler wrote:
May 7, 2020, 5:22 pm

Ok your obviously not up with this story
it will be very difficult for even CNN to ignore soon
just as an aside they do an extremely delicious frog and rat fricassee here in the village
It was quite obvious that Kenr6583 was not going to put his money where his mouth is. I didn't think he would shut up either but he seems to have gone silent for at least a while. Maybe you did shut him up?

Return to “U.S. Politics”