tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Harry and Sparkle

Post by tamada » January 23, 2020, 3:32 am

jackspratt wrote:
January 22, 2020, 1:39 pm
glalt wrote:
January 22, 2020, 1:30 pm
Why is this even newsworthy? You have two people who would like to have at least a little privacy in their lives and be out of the spotlights. This couple cannot fart without the news agencies providing their opinions.
I answered that very relevant question a few days ago;
Post by jackspratt » January 17, 2020, 9:54 pm
Not sure about the relevance to Udon Thani, but anyway it will give the execrable British press something to focus on, and arouse the prurient interest of (some of) the resident UT poms.
By now, you can probably substitute "maintain" for "arouse" above. :?
Some (obviously) remain simply aroused but need ED medication for that arousal to be maintained?

For me, religiously checking the General Udon Thani "General Udon Thani topics only!" Forum and getting the Mods to move the daily cow splat of non Udon-centric drivel (like this) to where it is either better served or dies an ignominious death gives me a huge erection. On some days, like today, I even need to physically push it aside to see if the sun has risen yet.

However, this particular thread has been doing remarkably well considering it was removed from 'life support' well before it reached 2 pages.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 23, 2020, 3:59 am

Earnest wrote:
January 22, 2020, 4:58 am
How do you mean, that I'm starting to waffle?
Did I lose meaning, old chap?
jackspratt wrote:
January 22, 2020, 9:31 am
Nope - I was looking for some help with the Scotsman's musings. :-k
Oh, right you are, bear with me, please.
tamada wrote:
January 21, 2020, 4:51 pm
Mentioning the Mail Online, the British Press and the BBC in the same single inference indicates a sparse knowledge of the British media. That's like serving pork scratchings in a Muslim cafe or offering a prawn cocktail on a kosher menu.
Oh, you mean this?
A chap just has to read the Mail Online to appreciate the distorted scrutiny that H&M undergo. The British Press (like the BBC) seem to have a view that they have a right to invade privacy in the name of national interest. They need to be reined in.
You're saying I shouldn't group the British Press, the Mail Online and the BBC together?

OK, no worries. Jack, does that make things clearer, old chum? The kosher menu thing is a bit of a red herring.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 23, 2020, 5:31 am

Earnest wrote:
January 23, 2020, 3:59 am

You're saying I shouldn't group the British Press, the Mail Online and the BBC together?

OK, no worries. Jack, does that make things clearer, old chum? The kosher menu thing is a bit of a red herring.
No. I was suggesting that you could broaden your UK-centric news sources.

Deleting that MailOnline browser bookmark wouldn't be a bad start.

BTW, have you seen the price of the haddock fillets at Villa?

pipadoo
udonmap.com

Post by pipadoo » January 23, 2020, 10:08 am

I’m glad I started it all
Really put the CATP
Now they will learn what life is really about as the make it on their own
Paparazzi favourite menu item

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 23, 2020, 10:43 am

The problem as I see it , is that too many people believe what they read from one or two preferred sources, rather than get a broad perspective of the situation, adding a bit of common-sense, plus what life has taught one and then come to a reasoned response .
Someone mentioned that they find it amazing that a person who sought media coverage to enhance their career , is now bemoaning that self same media intrusion, you forget before it was intrusion that made her money, now that intrusion is because of who she married , nothing more complex and she intends to make money out of those recent nuptials, difficult for a person who made money that way to forget her history, some manage it others do not. Harry was at least very good at being economical with the truth part of the reasons he stated enhance his hatred of all things media related but he forgot to add that this may have been driven in part by his wife, but you have to take your hat off to him, he must love her a lot to do what he did.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 23, 2020, 11:29 am

The HnM money making machine has already started with Meg signing up to do voice overs for Disney ... its reported the 1.2 mil payment for these services will be donated to the Sussexs Elephant charity ... (less expenses of course)... It was Harry who got Meg the gig a few weeks back selling er to the Disney boss at the latest Lion individual premiere.

ALL a bit Clintonesk ??
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 23, 2020, 12:33 pm

Wonder which Hockey Team they will cheer for?
Vancouver Edmonton Calgary Toronto or Montreal
If they do want to watch football it will be with the CFL Teams (Canadian Football League)

They will also have to start with he Canadian Language, eh, 2-4 or a Flat ( a case of 24 beers), a "60" is a 60 ouncer of liquor,
Caesar ( a vodka based cocktail using Clamato Juice), a Mickey (375ml of Liquor), The In and Out Store refers to the beer or Liquor store, Tuque is a knitted hat, Homo Milk is whole milk oh and it comes in a plastic bag
and more

Good luck to them

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 23, 2020, 1:04 pm

"Wonder which Hockey Team they will cheer for?

Vancouver Edmonton Calgary Toronto or Montreal"

based purely on the fact that they live on Vancouver Island I suspect there may be a case for the canucks (although they may opt for Seattle from next year ........ depending on helicopter flight paths & access of course)

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » January 23, 2020, 2:34 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
January 23, 2020, 1:04 pm
"Wonder which Hockey Team they will cheer for?

Vancouver Edmonton Calgary Toronto or Montreal"

based purely on the fact that they live on Vancouver Island I suspect there may be a case for the canucks (although they may opt for Seattle from next year ........ depending on helicopter flight paths & access of course)
Not sure they give a hoot about hockey!! Harry I'm sure prefers Rugby or Football(English)

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » January 23, 2020, 2:36 pm

Doodoo wrote:
January 23, 2020, 12:33 pm
Wonder which Hockey Team they will cheer for?
Vancouver Edmonton Calgary Toronto or Montreal
If they do want to watch football it will be with the CFL Teams (Canadian Football League)

They will also have to start with he Canadian Language, eh, 2-4 or a Flat ( a case of 24 beers), a "60" is a 60 ouncer of liquor,
Caesar ( a vodka based cocktail using Clamato Juice), a Mickey (375ml of Liquor), The In and Out Store refers to the beer or Liquor store, Tuque is a knitted hat, Homo Milk is whole milk oh and it comes in a plastic bag
and more

Good luck to them
They will have to settle in Ontario to see milk sold in plastic bags.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » January 23, 2020, 2:49 pm

Years ago in Australia when the old biddies in the local lawn bowls club wanted info on the royal family that went to this source. Perhaps would suit some members here for any further info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 23, 2020, 3:14 pm

Newtotown
Sorry milk is sold in many provinces in Canada

Bagged milk is common in many parts of Canada. The innovation was introduced in 1967 by DuPont using European equipment. The new packaging quickly found favour with the domestic dairy industry, being lighter and less fragile than glass bottles. However, the consumer public preferred plastic jugs for years, but largely accepted the new containers in certain regions in the 1970s. A major reason for that shift was with the national conversion to the metric system, which was easier to adjust to on production with bags, while doing the same for jugs required entire systems to be wholly redesigned.[12] Regulation in Ontario that required retailers to collect a deposit on milk jugs, but not bags, also motivated the practice
Milk bags are sold in eastern Canada, but not widely in western Canada (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia)

Thanks for your offering

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » January 23, 2020, 3:33 pm

The Harry and Sparkle fuss has given Prince Andrew the opportunity to slip back into the lime light beside his mum. I saw videos of him with the Queen at church last weekend. :cry:

I hope the media's current fixation with the entitled Sussexes quickly passes.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

pipadoo
udonmap.com

Post by pipadoo » January 23, 2020, 4:09 pm

It’s only just started matey
These are just opening gambits
Their lawyers & brand managers are going to get even wealthier quicker.
Archie is going to end up one hell of a wreck, and it will be all his parents fault. Lucky Harry will have a fast track to his favourite charity so Archie can get some treatment

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 23, 2020, 4:22 pm

Latest Sussex business brand news ..Archie has been offered trials and signed up by Canadas top Ice Hockey clubs the Montreal Canadiens .. expect the shirts bearing his name to fly off the shelves. H n M when questioned about cashing in on their son responded with ..no way hes been a fan since he was 1 .

All this has got a Posh n Becks FEEL to it , all be it with a royal tinge..hasnt it ??

DM

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 23, 2020, 4:25 pm

Barney wrote:
January 23, 2020, 2:49 pm
Years ago in Australia when the old biddies in the local lawn bowls club wanted info on the royal family that went to this source. Perhaps would suit some members here for any further info.
I am lead to believe that our very own pipas actually wrote the lead story from that cover - back in January 2019.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 23, 2020, 5:51 pm

Drunk Monkey
Just so that Canadians will understand your comment "Canada's top Ice Hockey Team"

They do not refer to it as Ice Hockey in Canada its just called Hockey.
If this is used Ice Hockey to distinguish the 2 types of Hockey then you would need to start to refer to the other as "Grass Hockey", but we cant use that either as Grass/Marijuana is legal in Canada now so it would have to be called (as a suggestion) Lawn Hockey

Hope this helps

P.S. As for the French team being called Canada's top team you certainly are taking your life into your own hands. Good Luck

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 23, 2020, 6:36 pm

Doodoo wrote:
January 23, 2020, 5:51 pm
Drunk Monkey
Just so that Canadians will understand your comment "Canada's top Ice Hockey Team"

They do not refer to it as Ice Hockey in Canada its just called Hockey.
If this is used Ice Hockey to distinguish the 2 types of Hockey then you would need to start to refer to the other as "Grass Hockey", but we cant use that either as Grass/Marijuana is legal in Canada now so it would have to be called (as a suggestion) Lawn Hockey

GREEN Hockey any good ?

Hope this helps

P.S. As for the French team being called Canada's top team you certainly are taking your life into your own hands. Good Luck
I googled Canadas best ,, most famous ,, best supported ,, ICE hockey teams and all results came up with

The Montreal Canadiens

Just sayin

DM

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 23, 2020, 6:48 pm

Just as a warning!!! I would never enter the borders of Canada and ask anything about "ICE" hockey its HOCKEY or mention that the French Men are the best
Them is fighten words in certain areas of Canuck Land

If done we might not hear from DM again

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 23, 2020, 7:09 pm

No imminent trip to Canada planned so im not nipping my arse on this Doodoo... it looks way to nesh for DMs taste.

Return to “World News”