Hmm, find it strange ...

World news discussion forum
RLTrader
udonmap.com

Hmm, find it strange ...

Post by RLTrader » January 5, 2020, 2:41 pm

Hmm, find it strange that US latest actions and what happen with Archduke Franz Ferdinand & WWI has No comments on this site with all the US & UK members, then again reading it since 2004, maybe not? WWIII

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Re: Hmm, find it strange ...

Post by RLTrader » January 5, 2020, 3:02 pm

US escalates war on Iran and Iraq - with Rania Khalek, Max Blumenthal, Ben Norton, Aaron Mate
video 2 hours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeQ_dx4 ... e=youtu.be

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 5, 2020, 4:01 pm

Archduke Franz assassination caused Austria-Hungary to declare war on Seberia
The fallout of that was WW1

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 5, 2020, 4:49 pm

well there's no Triple Entente agreement that's going to drag a bunch of countries into war over Soleimani getting killed. I don't see any other country in the world that's going to jump in to assist Iran militarily if they stage an attack on U.S. interests and the U.S. retaliates in hitting Trump's designated "52 targets." Bottom line, if anything happens in the world against U.S. citizens or interests there won't be any plausible deniability or quest for "evidence" before the U.S. strikes Iran.
Dave

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 5, 2020, 5:45 pm

The WWIII trend has gained a degree of momentum on Twatter and can probably be attributed to fake news perpetuated by mischievous people.

As an acknowledged expert in just about everything, I believe that if there was a war then it would be regional.

Okey dokey, stand easy, I'll be hiding behind the sofa if you need me.

This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 5, 2020, 7:46 pm

FMD! ....... you've been there for many years now.

Time to either get a new sofa, or come out Westers. Not that you have as many choices these days. :D

I don't want to go all Agatha Christie, but has the BM mystery been solved yet?

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » January 5, 2020, 8:05 pm

When you pull the tiger's tail, you better have a plan to deal with the teeth. Iran doesn't have that plan. They say their Russian missile defense system will take down the slow flying tomahawks, BUT, they also know that they would have hundreds of those missiles dropping out of the sky and others hugging the ground. The first strike would seriously damage their military and their nuclear development sites. There may be some isolated terrorist attacks but none they would publicly claim.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 5, 2020, 9:17 pm

So much for bringing our troops home.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » January 5, 2020, 10:35 pm

Mr. Man Baby, Tweeter-in-Chief, is now threatening to destroy Persian cultural sites. I kid you not!

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 5, 2020, 10:43 pm

jackspratt wrote:
January 5, 2020, 7:46 pm
Time to either get a new sofa, or come out Westers. Not that you have as many choices these days. :D
It's Uncle Tilo's Chesterfield and he lets me hide behind it when I get anxious.
BM's disappearance has not been solved but I think he'll be logging on as someone else to see what's occurring.
Kenr6583 wrote:
January 5, 2020, 9:17 pm
Hmm, are you American, British, Russian or Iranian?
The assumption is that you're an American.

John Le Carre once said that American Middle Eastern policy is Israel focused so how long do you think US troops would remain in the Middle East if that is true?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 5, 2020, 11:52 pm

Earnest wrote:
January 5, 2020, 10:43 pm
jackspratt wrote:
January 5, 2020, 7:46 pm
It's Uncle Tilo's Chesterfield and he lets me hide behind it when I get anxious.
BM's disappearance has not been solved but I think he'll be logging on as someone else to see what's occurring.
Kenr6583 wrote:
January 5, 2020, 9:17 pm
Hmm, are you American, British, Russian or Iranian?
The assumption is that you're an American.

John Le Carre once said that American Middle Eastern policy is Israel focused so how long do you think US troops would remain in the Middle East if that is true?
Yes I am American. And yes Middle Eastern policy is Israel focused, and now also Saudi Arabia. But Trump did say he was pulling the troops from the Middle East, another lie. He caused this situation by ripping up the nuclear treaty, and now he has the war he and the rest of his war-mongering associates wanted.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 6, 2020, 12:06 am

Maybe his decision to do away with Soleimani was not a strategic one rather he grabbed the chance to deal with him. Have you noticed that iraqi MPs would like to see foreign troops out of their country today?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-50998065

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 6, 2020, 12:47 am

Earnest wrote:
January 6, 2020, 12:06 am
Maybe his decision to do away with Soleimani was not a strategic one rather he grabbed the chance to deal with him. Have you noticed that iraqi MPs would like to see foreign troops out of their country today?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-50998065
I'm sure Iraq didn't want them there to begin with

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 6, 2020, 1:44 am

Some did.

Some didn't.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 6, 2020, 1:51 am

Well I've never been there, but after reading many of the news reports years ago when they were first invaded, and the number of Innocents that were killed, it's safe to assume that they didn't welcome the foreign invasion and don't welcome the occupancy at this time.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 6, 2020, 2:00 am

I was there back in 2003.

I spoke with Iraqis that were glad we were there. But as you said, there were people that disliked us too. This is where Blair and Bush misunderstood the Arab mind, of course they would fight back if we invaded. Some Iraqis used the regime change as an opportunity to get even with others too.

A war may develop in Iraq if the US doesn't pull out - is there an American appetite for that?

As we post, the Iranians are rolling back their nuclear commitments this evening.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51001167

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » January 6, 2020, 2:12 am

They have been asked to leave, good move by Iraq to try to stop the next war. Might work out well all well really,Trump can Keep his promise to bring troops home , Iran can say they forced the American out, but no , I guess another endless war , no sorry ... THE Endless war
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 6, 2020, 2:18 am

I guess so.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 6, 2020, 2:36 am

Well 3,500 troops from the 82nd airborne out of Fort Bragg were recently deployed, so I guess we do have an appetite for it.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 6, 2020, 9:07 am

I was a 'hostage' in Iraq for 5 months after Saddam invaded Kuwait. The year before, the Iraqi's I trained in the US and worked with in Iraq were thankful that the 8-year war with Iran was over, travel restrictions imposed by Saddam on his own people lifted and the chance to return to normal and the country to move on. However, the older and wiser ones took the opportunity to move their families overseas, including one guy who was an active army reservist who would be a tank commander if called up again. Then Saddam invaded Kuwait and it all went pear-shaped again.

I was allowed to leave on the general amnesty a month before Desert Storm when the inevitable war with America loomed large.

Desert Storm was an ill-conceived effort to right the badly construed fallacy and outright lie of a wrong. Subsequent invasions and interventions, despite grandiloquent names and espousing noble intent have only been band aids on a hemorrhaging wound that was totally unnecessary in the first place.

Iraq's parliament is urging government to support the motion to force the US military to leave the country. Meanwhile, faced with a huge groundswell of local vilification for the illegal assassination he just ordered and had executed and an equally telling lack of endorsement from any of the US's allies, DJT has just threatened Iraq with sanctions if they do kick the US military out. Making the announcement on Air Force One, he added “It’ll make Iranian sanctions look somewhat tame."
Last edited by tamada on January 6, 2020, 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “World News”