Is the British monarchy fit for purpose?

World news discussion forum
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Is the British monarchy fit for purpose?

Post by tamada » November 23, 2019, 9:42 am

TJ wrote:
November 23, 2019, 6:34 am
These comments are very short-sighted. The youngest royalties are not likely to survive in the forthcoming Islamic England.
I hope they cull the intellectually stunted white, Christian bigots and zealots first, insh Allah.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » November 23, 2019, 1:23 pm

AlexO wrote:
November 23, 2019, 8:01 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 22, 2019, 10:08 pm
This SNP certai ly thinks so

https://www.express.co.uk/videos/610743 ... s-Whitford

She does have a point .. get rid of all the distant royal hangers on ..cousins etc ..n just retain the queen n imediate offspring ..

Would certainly save a few quid fir the tax payers doe

Dm
DM
Just check who actually gets financial allowances from the Nation, who actually costs the state "a few quid" very few. Most of them do a great job in promoting the UK and most people in the UK and Commonwealth love the fact we have a royal identity. What would life be like if we only had a Corbyn, a Trump or a Clinton as the image of your Nation.
Totally agree . The Queen above all others does a fantastic job promoting our great union to the rest of the world .
Dispite what others think , she also does a fantastic job throughout the commonwealth .
In these times of political polarisation , she stands alone as a beacon of hope and sanity , whilst our MPs behave like selfish spoilt brats who appear to not give a ---- about the country or people , just their own careers .
Also she can still ride a horse at over 90 . I on the other hand being many decades younger couldnt even get on a horse these days thanks to my dodgy knees .

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 23, 2019, 1:47 pm

If we ditch the Royals, we will be able to change the National Anthem to "Anarchy in the UK"

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » November 23, 2019, 8:42 pm

DM
Just check who actually gets financial allowances from the Nation, who actually costs the state "a few quid" very few. Most of them do a great job in promoting the UK and most people in the UK and Commonwealth love the fact we have a royal identity. What would life be like if we only had a Corbyn, a Trump or a Clinton as the image of your Nation.
[/quote]

Totally agree . The Queen above all others does a fantastic job promoting our great union to the rest of the world .
Dispite what others think , she also does a fantastic job throughout the commonwealth .
In these times of political polarisation , she stands alone as a beacon of hope and sanity , whilst our MPs behave like selfish spoilt brats who appear to not give a ---- about the country or people , just their own careers .
Also she can still ride a horse at over 90 . I on the other hand being many decades younger couldnt even get on a horse these days thanks to my dodgy knees .
[/quote]

I have an abiding memory of HRH. The poor guy who is being castigated for enjoying a wee bit of "how's your father" just walked onto our bridge build site at Balmoral (Just remember he was a helicopter pilot down in the Falklands during the war so brave and heroic) started to ask what we were doing and then said HRM will be thrilled to visit you when she comes on her holidays. 3 days later us scruffy, disheveled Royal Engineers were watching a Range Rover come bouncing over the hills with no driver visible. Her Majesty steps out from the drivers seat (HRH is quite small)and proceeds to talk to every soldier in the troop. Her bodyguard just relaxed in the back seat. All I can say is we were all ******* chuffed that the Boss took time out from her holiday to come and speak to us. Don't know if the same respect will be shown for Charlie or William but she holds a huge respect from most Brits

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » November 24, 2019, 4:49 am

stattointhailand wrote:
November 23, 2019, 1:47 pm
If we ditch the Royals, we will be able to change the National Anthem to "Anarchy in the UK"
I think we would be justified in doing that now Statts ,after the way our MPs have been behaving over the last 3 years .
Maybe we could hold a referendum on the subject . :-" :-"

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » November 24, 2019, 5:13 am

I think there's an easy solution for some Commonwealth countries to move to a republic and little risk of anarchy. The Governor General could just be replaced with a President appointed by say a 2/3rds majority in Parliament. There would be a requirement the President be a citizen.

The political problem is some say citizens should be able to vote for the President. Then anarchy may beckon as some celebrity, perhaps a retired sportsman or over-rated property developer, gets voted in and tries to assert more than a figurehead role.

After the Queen's death, Prince Charles' coronation would need to occur fairly promptly to discourage these discussions. The new Kxng would also need to be out travelling pretty quickly and get the right touch for a more modern and "youthful" monarchy. At present he looks capable of that but he might not be up for it in another 5 or 10 years.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 24, 2019, 11:33 am

I reckon the 'public face' of the Windsors has already given Charles the body swerve and it's the Cambridge's that are the torch bearers now what with their quite prolific breeding ability. William will become K i n g. My mum always said that Lady Di's unwillingness to be the Windsor's 'brood mare' was why Liz never really forgave Charles for his choice of wife. Of course Charles had nothing to do with it as he was either bonking Camilla or buggering stable boys between rounds of polo. The Wales' and Cornwall's can't ever be k i n g and queen now. The Sussex's have totally shot (are still shooting) their royal bolts as well.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » November 24, 2019, 12:51 pm

tamada wrote:
November 24, 2019, 11:33 am
I reckon the 'public face' of the Windsors has already given Charles the body swerve and it's the Cambridge's that are the torch bearers now what with their quite prolific breeding ability. William will become K i n g. My mum always said that Lady Di's unwillingness to be the Windsor's 'brood mare' was why Liz never really forgave Charles for his choice of wife. Of course Charles had nothing to do with it as he was either bonking Camilla or buggering stable boys between rounds of polo. The Wales' and Cornwall's can't ever be k i n g and queen now. The Sussex's have totally shot (are still shooting) their royal bolts as well.
Pretty much on the button Tam.
Diana gave Charley a "heir and a spare" she 'was' a good brood mare. Still questions about Harry's DNA but who cares he is no longer in the inherited crown race. Charles pretty much fecked up his chances with the absolute nonsense with Camilla but who knows. Any of them will have a hard job following HRM in her work and efforts for the UK. William is a good bet for next Monarch.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 24, 2019, 9:59 pm

AlexO wrote:
November 23, 2019, 8:42 pm
DM
[/quote]

I have an abiding memory of HRH. The poor guy who is being castigated for enjoying a wee bit of "how's your father" just walked onto our bridge build site at Balmoral (Just remember he was a helicopter pilot down in the Falklands during the war so brave and heroic) started to ask what we were doing and then said HRM will be thrilled to visit you when she comes on her holidays. 3 days later us scruffy, disheveled Royal Engineers were watching a Range Rover come bouncing over the hills with no driver visible. Her Majesty steps out from the drivers seat (HRH is quite small)and proceeds to talk to every soldier in the troop. Her bodyguard just relaxed in the back seat. All I can say is we were all ******* chuffed that the Boss took time out from her holiday to come and speak to us. Don't know if the same respect will be shown for Charlie or William but she holds a huge respect from most Brits
[/quote]

I was quoting the SNP.bint if you check.the link i posted NOT my own personal thoughts ... as i Love lizzy n Phil .. yes their offspring ie charles era are fruitcakes but i dont have another bad word for them .. n the yougerns are all great .. i merely pointed out at what point in the family tree does a royal become a normal.joe ??? .. and just how much tourist income does the duke of Marlbouros sisters husbands niece draw in to the Brit economy..

Dm.loves the royal.family .. great show

Chz
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 24, 2019, 10:12 pm

She opened the Scunny Methodist Church Garden Party in 1993 DM ......... thousands came from far and wide and they even rearranged the KO time of the Irons match so as not to clash :roll:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 25, 2019, 6:16 pm

What are you supposed to tell your young daughter now when she breaks up with her first boyfriend?

"Never mind dear, someday your prince will come" doesnt seem to fit the bill anymore :-k

Return to “World News”