john cleese says london is no longer english

World news discussion forum
AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: john cleese says london is no longer english

Post by AlexO » June 2, 2019, 5:01 pm

How many of these Sharia organisations exist?
From the research that's been done to date, it's not clear how many exist or how many different types there are.
One piece of research from the University of Reading has identified 30 major councils, and some smaller ones, providing these services.
An estimate of "85 at least" was given in a 2009 report by the think tank Civitas. It was repeated in an interview in the Telegraph with Baroness Cox in April 2014.
The UKIP leader Nigel Farage mentioned a figure of 80 on the BBC Radio 4 Today programme in January 2015. UKIP told us that he got his number from the Telegraph article.
But the Civitas estimate includes online forums and admits that the actual number is "indeterminate".
So far as we are aware, there are no definitive studies.
Law versus reality
The coalition government had said that the courts have the powers they need to protect people from coercion and unequal treatment.
But campaigners like Baroness Cox reply that whatever about the strict legal position, "the power of Sharia councils lies in how they are perceived by their communities".

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » June 2, 2019, 5:10 pm

Beats me why anyone on here cares as we live here now so doesn't affect the majority of us whatever happens. The UK has certainly changed and not for the better we now down to immigrant's instead of telling them how it will be, not much Countries allow that but PC Britain certainly does and at the detriment of its citizens

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 2, 2019, 5:36 pm

I can wait for the links to the credible sources, but won't hold my breath.

In the meantime, the last 2 mayoral elections for London have elected a blond headed Conservative, and then a dark haired progressive - both with almost identical voter turnouts, and both with very similar first round votes.

So Johnson was also in office on a very low voter turnout, and "with somewhat less than 20% of available vote".

I was OK at maths at school, but unlike some, quite good at reading comprehension and analytical thought. :roll:

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 2, 2019, 8:11 pm

AlexO wrote:
June 2, 2019, 6:48 pm
You are not even a Brit.
That may be the first and only thing you have got right on this thread.

I'll bow out at this point.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » June 2, 2019, 8:18 pm

AlexO wrote:
May 31, 2019, 6:41 pm
Fly into Heathrow, Gatwick etc, close your eyes for 10 seconds open them and try to guess what Country you are in. Go through immigration and guess what Country you are in. Go North to Bradford etc and guess what Country you are in. Go to Bangkok, Pattaya or any other tourist place in Thailand you know you are in LOS (used to be). UK and most EU Countries are not now recognised as Anglo Saxon Christian Countries any more. Thanks Bliar and Merkel.
That's assuming the chap with the turban lets you through Immigration, back into your country. ;)

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » June 2, 2019, 8:48 pm

AlexO wrote:
Just read your other posts you worm. You are not even a Brit. However you do like to look at athletic guys in tiny, tiny shorts playing a game that no one else in the civilised word understands the rules. Where do you go when not on your keyboard. Boys town Pattaya or the new bars in Pat Pong. Stay out of British politics ass wipe and stay in your Billabong.
Er, so Aussies cannot comment on a topic by Brits about London on YOUR forum, and Brits best not comment on topics about Trump by Yanks on YOUR forum.
Thanx so much for your narrow minded bigoted insight.
Hey Kilt Wearer, GFY.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 3, 2019, 1:56 am

If you knew anything about the UK or London then you are welcome to comment on and enter into an intelligent conversation. I just wonder where Trump became a part of this thread or when it became my (your) thread. Do you see anyone with a couple of joined up brain cells trying to understand Australian politics or even commenting on the shambles it has become or has your love of guys running about in very small tight shorts clouded our thoughts. Is your last sentence supposed to be an insult or just lust. Please explain to the rest of the educated world what GFY is supposed to mean. Too many Irish criminal mindsets in Aus nowadays.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 3, 2019, 5:49 am

GT93 wrote:
June 2, 2019, 4:14 pm
saint wrote:
June 2, 2019, 8:52 am
Khan is a maggot . Hes also a remoaner. The only reason he hates Trump goes way back to Trumps Muslim ban , when all the terrorists attackes were happening throughout Europe .Why are you constantly trying to wind the Brits up .Do you secretly want to be one ? I realise you love to come on here , stir the pot , and then go back to the kiddies forum bragging of your conquests , but honestly if your that bored , get a hobby away from the computer.
Are there no sheep to chase in your part of the country ?
I thought I was praising Britain, its historical legacy and one of its more important politicians continuing that fine British legacy. I think he's very highly regarded outside the UK. Obviously not in the White House.

Modern Britain appears to have a lot of problems and I wouldn't want to live there. I notice Britons appear to get angry very quickly and struggle to discuss issues courteously. British social capital appears to be really low.
Please do not make such an important decision about where you live just because of my comments .
British social capital , whatever that is , obviously needs a person like yourself . You could make it your lifes work teaching everyone how to be courteous , and how to embrace others from ethnic minorities like your good self .
Seriously , i beg you to reconsider . Britain needs you , and people like you .
I feel like ive let my country down . The country will probably go into a months mourning when they hear you have rejected them , after Trumps state visit of course . My country needs YOU .

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 3, 2019, 6:55 am

thaiguzzi wrote:
June 2, 2019, 8:48 pm
AlexO wrote:
Just read your other posts you worm. You are not even a Brit. However you do like to look at athletic guys in tiny, tiny shorts playing a game that no one else in the civilised word understands the rules. Where do you go when not on your keyboard. Boys town Pattaya or the new bars in Pat Pong. Stay out of British politics ass wipe and stay in your Billabong.
Er, so Aussies cannot comment on a topic by Brits about London on YOUR forum, and Brits best not comment on topics about Trump by Yanks on YOUR forum.
Hey Kilt Wearer, GFY.
If anyone including an Aussie has any sensible contributions to make on an open forum about someone elses Country or internal politics of course they are welcome to enter into the conversation but given the state of Austrailian Politics just now it would seem that most of you are content to look at men in tiny, tiny shorts and dig up your Country to sell to China. Thank you for your example of narrow minded bigotry where you assume I am a Kilt Wearer and a GFY?? Why did you feel the need to include Trump in a discussion about London and the UK, did he ever play in tiny shorts? What causes your fixation with the leader of the free world.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » June 3, 2019, 6:58 am

thaiguzzi wrote:
AlexO wrote:
Hey Kilt Wearer, GFY.
WTF is wrong with wearing a kilt!!

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 3, 2019, 10:34 am

dunroaming wrote:
June 3, 2019, 6:58 am
thaiguzzi wrote:
AlexO wrote:
Hey Kilt Wearer, GFY.
WTF is wrong with wearing a kilt!!
Nothing at all . My Mrs looks horny in one . ;) ;)

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 3, 2019, 5:18 pm

Mr Trump's tweet accused Mr Khan of doing a "terrible job" as mayor, adding: "[He] has been foolishly "nasty" to the visiting president of the United States, by far the most important ally of the United Kingdom. He is a stone cold loser who should focus on crime in London, not me."
A spokesman for Mr Khan said "childish insults" should be beneath the US president, adding: "Sadiq is representing the progressive values of London and our country, warning that Donald Trump is the most Mr Trump's tweet accused Mr Khan of doing a "terrible job" as mayor, adding: "[He] has been foolishly "nasty" to the visiting president of the United States, by far the most important ally of the United Kingdom. He is a stone cold loser who should focus on crime in London, not me."
A spokesman for Mr Khan said "childish insults" should be beneath the US president, adding: "Sadiq is representing the progressive values of London and our country, warning that Donald Trump is the most egregious example of a growing far-right threat around the globe."example of a growing far-right threat around the globe." The halfwit libtardrs description on DT.
outstandingly bad; shocking.
"egregious abuses of copyright"
synonyms:
shocking, appalling, horrific, horrifying, horrible, terrible, awful, dreadful, grievous, gross, ghastly, hideous, horrendous, frightful, atrocious, abominable, abhorrent, outrageous;

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 3, 2019, 9:51 pm

If it's about Trump, why were there no protests on the street when Labour invited the IRA into Westminster? The man is a gobshite, insult Trump and you are insulting the American People whom he happens to represent which means Corbin would be happy the American people protesting against a visit by the Queen and insulting her and the UK to boot! Don't defend Corbyn, vilify his actions because one day he may insult someone you like and you will have no grounds to complain. Remember this hatred breeds hatred and before you know it your gearing up for war!

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 4, 2019, 8:23 pm

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » June 4, 2019, 9:16 pm

AlexO wrote:
June 3, 2019, 9:51 pm
If it's about Trump, why were there no protests on the street when Labour invited the IRA into Westminster? The man is a gobshite, insult Trump and you are insulting the American People whom he happens to represent which means Corbin would be happy the American people protesting against a visit by the Queen and insulting her and the UK to boot! Don't defend Corbyn, vilify his actions because one day he may insult someone you like and you will have no grounds to complain. Remember this hatred breeds hatred and before you know it your gearing up for war!
Indeed, agreed.

Just watched Corbyn speaking at the protest in Parliament Sq, where he declared, it was the embodiment of democracy to be there protesting against Trump. What a hypocrite. He was elected on a manifesto that he would honour Brexit, and has since sought to obstruct it. Is that what he calls democracy?!

If he has any aspirations to become PM he would need to be able to engage with US Presidents and foreign diplomats, not snipe at them, like Khan.

I would certainly emigrate if JC got in.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » June 5, 2019, 6:11 am

A lot of hate in this thread. Some Reality needed.

No London was never an English city. (like one link stated). Maybe you could say a British one. As a capital, it has been the main port of call for most immigrants - for hundreds of years. Some of my own ancestors came in the 19th century. Some of my family members Have ancestors from outside the UK, and new ones are being added.

Of course, while most migrants were from Europe their descendents were hard to identify visually. Asians and Africans not so. but are they less British, and do they 'swamp' the Anglo-saxon/European 'natives' ?

Answer - in the UK, about 85% are white, 7% Asian and 3% Black. 2% mixed Ethnicity. Hardly Swamping whitey, just not evenly spread.

Religion - Only 5% are muslims. I wonder how Sadiq got elected then .... must have been quire a few non-muslims voting for him then. We get very fixated about religion, But bare in mind that under half a per cent are jewish, but you can get fired for just suggesting that they interfere in UK politics .... a far more insidious influence, as they make up far more than 0.5% of our MPs.

London was always a melting pot, just more recent migrants are more obvious. But give it 2 generations, and those immigrants will be as British as the white ones!

If you want to get rid of all these migrants, maybe we should include all those of Irish, Welsh and Scottish descent too?

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 5, 2019, 6:20 am

Hey, you aint digging two of my grandparents up and sending them back to their original countries . Last time i looked they seemed happy laying in their little patch of Somerset dirt .

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 5, 2019, 1:24 pm

I was pleased with Khan's comments. Behind closed doors I expect the British government presented many traditional views that Trump wouldn't have liked. That will be one reason he prefers hanging out with thugs such as Jong-un and Putin.

It was interesting how Trump was in denial about the London protests. George W looked remarkably more sophisticated when he visited and was faced with London protests. These kinds of protests seem quite English to me.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 5, 2019, 1:54 pm

rick wrote:
June 5, 2019, 6:11 am
A lot of hate in this thread. Some Reality needed.

No London was never an English city. (like one link stated). Maybe you could say a British one. As a capital, it has been the main port of call for most immigrants - for hundreds of years. Some of my own ancestors came in the 19th century. Some of my family members Have ancestors from outside the UK, and new ones are being added.

Of course, while most migrants were from Europe their descendents were hard to identify visually. Asians and Africans not so. but are they less British, and do they 'swamp' the Anglo-saxon/European 'natives' ?

Answer - in the UK, about 85% are white, 7% Asian and 3% Black. 2% mixed Ethnicity. Hardly Swamping whitey, just not evenly spread.

Religion - Only 5% are muslims. I wonder how Sadiq got elected then .... must have been quire a few non-muslims voting for him then. We get very fixated about religion, But bare in mind that under half a per cent are jewish, but you can get fired for just suggesting that they interfere in UK politics .... a far more insidious influence, as they make up far more than 0.5% of our MPs.

London was always a melting pot, just more recent migrants are more obvious. But give it 2 generations, and those immigrants will be as British as the white ones!

If you want to get rid of all these migrants, maybe we should include all those of Irish, Welsh and Scottish descent too?
\

'At the 2011 census, London had a population of 8,173,941. Of this number, 44.9% were White British. 37% of the population were born outside the UK, including 24.5% born outside of Europe.'
Even from way back in 2011 Brits were in the minority and its highly unlikely that there has been an invasion of Brits from other parts of the UK since then so John Cleese is absolutely correct. Sadiq Khan was voted into the Mayors position by less than 21% of the available votes so the Muslim influence obviously played a big part in it. Of course there may have been some Labour votes for him as well as there are some real headbangers down that way, hence Corbyn and Abbot having jobs.
Finally I have read every post on this thread and have yet to see anyone saying 'Get rid of all migrants'

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 5, 2019, 1:59 pm

GT93 wrote:
June 5, 2019, 1:24 pm
I was pleased with Khan's comments. Behind closed doors I expect the British government presented many traditional views that Trump wouldn't have liked. That will be one reason he prefers hanging out with thugs such as Jong-un and Putin.

It was interesting how Trump was in denial about the London protests. George W looked remarkably more sophisticated when he visited and was faced with London protests. These kinds of protests seem quite English to me.
Remarkable to think that Manchester United get bigger crowds at their home games that the MASSIVE protest about Trumps State Visit. Even Khan never turned up. :shock:

Return to “World News”