How much more.

World news discussion forum
Udon Map
Admin

How much more.

Post by Udon Map » July 8, 2015, 11:50 pm

reddevil wrote:And it would not happen if Maggie was still around and in control, only the spineless politicians covering the backs.
She was someone who understood what leadership is.

toddmeister

Re: How much more.

Post by toddmeister » July 9, 2015, 12:43 am

I live in the UK, I'm not scared of Muslims and I've never been made to feel like a second class citizen here. I don't feel the need to drape a Union Flag from my window to feel any more British and supporters of racist groups such as "Britain First" certainly don't speak for me. I would hope the majority of UK citizens don't fall for their Facebook page garbage. Let's face it anyone can push their own hate by exploiting the British publics patriotic side simply by throwing up a few pictures of British soldiers or union flag posts to a Facebook page these days.

The day I feel uncomfortable in my own country will NOT be a day when a BRITISH BORN muslim, Christian, black, white, gay or whoever chooses to express their right to freedom of speech here. No, I will know that the time has come to give up on the UK when it's the majority that start to believe the racist garbage spouted by the ignorant & not just the small group of gullible followers that do so now.

For those that say we are not allowed to fly flags from our homes (does anyone even want to?) where are they getting this from? When was the last time you past a council estate without at least one tatty old St George flag hanging from a window?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobHelm
udonmap.com

How much more.

Post by BobHelm » July 9, 2015, 7:25 am

Well said toddmeister.. =D>

reddevil
udonmap.com

Post by reddevil » July 9, 2015, 7:53 am

toddmeister wrote:I live in the UK, I'm not scared of Muslims and I've never been made to feel like a second class citizen here. I don't feel the need to drape a Union Flag from my window to feel any more British and supporters of racist groups such as "Britain First" certainly don't speak for me. I would hope the majority of UK citizens don't fall for their Facebook page garbage. Let's face it anyone can push their own hate by exploiting the British publics patriotic side simply by throwing up a few pictures of British soldiers or union flag posts to a Facebook page these days.

The day I feel uncomfortable in my own country will NOT be a day when a BRITISH BORN muslim, Christian, black, white, gay or whoever chooses to express their right to freedom of speech here. No, I will know that the time has come to give up on the UK when it's the majority that start to believe the racist garbage spouted by the ignorant & not just the small group of gullible followers that do so now.

For those that say we are not allowed to fly flags from our homes (does anyone even want to?) where are they getting this from? When was the last time you past a council estate without at least one tatty old St George flag hanging from a window?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So were do you live then obviously not in a majority muslim area were the local council are muslims because there are parts of the country you are describing that are still like that but there are others that are not.

reddevil
udonmap.com

How much more.

Post by reddevil » July 9, 2015, 7:54 am

BobHelm wrote:Well said toddmeister.. =D>
Not many muslims in cider country are there Bob :lol:

toddmeister

Post by toddmeister » July 9, 2015, 4:46 pm

reddevil wrote:So were do you live then obviously not in a majority muslim area were the local council are muslims because there are parts of the country you are describing that are still like that but there are others that are not.

I live in a large city in the North East. We do have a reasonably large muslim community here, as well as Chinese and various other groups like most modern cities, and to me that can only be a good thing. There is actually a new mosque being constructed here, which at the time prompted a few half-hearted protests from the EDL type wannabe's. Protests which I have to say looked pretty pathetic, watching a handful of middle-aged men and their kids with fresh-out-of-the-packet St George flags picked up from the bargain bucket in their local branch of Sports Direct draped over their shoulders as if it's something they've treasured all their lives. Flags which I might add, the local police were more than happy to allow them to fly, contrary to what some would have you believe. Other than that we don't really have an issues. Maybe we're just more accepting of others "up north"?

I just don't see the problem. Why are some people so scared to allow British muslims, or any other British ethnic group to practice their beliefs? What do you think is an acceptable level of belief before it becomes an issue? Should they only be allowed to practice behind closed doors in their own homes? How many mosques should be allowed before someone shouts up "they're taking over our country?" Well guess what, they ARE British and it's their country too as much as anyone else.

As for the councillors, again, we all have the right to vote for who we want. For all those that complain about the decision makers, I wonder how many actually bothered to use their vote? They then complain when somebody they don't like gets into power because "what's the point of voting?" What is an acceptable level of muslim councillors? What should the ratio be? 90% white british 10% "other?" 60/40? 50/50? and who gets to decide, only 100% white British if such a thing exists?

I have a 2 year old boy, obviously half thai/farang born here in the UK. Is he any less British than the other kids on our street because he is not 100% white British? When there comes a time if and when he decides to embrace the Thai side of his culture here in the UK, be that by practising Buddhism or whatever, should he feel like he has to hide that behind closed doors because it's not an acceptable "British" thing to do? What is an acceptable level of "Britishness?" I think it was sometime recently that Cameron came out with a statement something along the lines of "but we (Britain) are still a Christian country"....well personally that had me fuming. I'm 100% British and 100% athiest. I don't need to hide behind or attach myself to any religion to define my nationality and he was wrong to say it.

When I drop my boy at nursery and I see him surrounded by other kid's from all different ethnicities, not just one or two but an equal mix, personally it makes me feel proud to live in a country where this is now the norm. Proud that he will grow up being taught to be tolerant of other cultures and not be blinkered by oldschool thinking where being British means going to church only when we have to, eating Sunday dinner ever week and drinking tea just because our parents and grandparents do. Countries & cultures grow and evolve. It doesn't have to be a bad thing.

vlad
udonmap.com

How much more.

Post by vlad » July 9, 2015, 11:18 pm

There are cities here Toddmeister like Bradford and surrounding areas like Dewsbury where muslims outnumber British, and they have there own schools teaching the Koran not christianity, Oldham and surrounding districts are the same,it is well known these are no go areas for non muslim. Schools in Birmingham are under investigation for preaching radical messages to the large muslim students that attend these schools. Dont be fooled into thinking England is a multi cultural society it is not because most immigrants and muslim do not wish to integrate into our culture and values. they want and demand sharia law.

MALC
udonmap.com

How much more.

Post by MALC » July 10, 2015, 12:28 am

like vlad said.the uk is not a multi cultural society. any more.those days have gone.the muslims.have taken over.in every aspect.even the thai;s that live here. don't like them.

bignote1
udonmap.com

How much more.

Post by bignote1 » July 10, 2015, 12:47 am

TM a very intelligent thought out piece on your position. Pay no heed to Vlad or MALC on their ilk.
Vlad ....Bradford's demographic says:-
64% of residents identify themselves as "White British"
20% are of Pakistani origin.
The largest religious group in Bradford is Christian(46%), Muslims are 25% of the population and 20% of residents say they have no religion.
It makes a nonsense of your claim Muslims outnumber British.
Where do you get your stats from?
People with your beliefs cause more problems than they solve.

vlad
udonmap.com

How much more.

Post by vlad » July 10, 2015, 3:42 am

keep reading the press bignote.

reddevil
udonmap.com

How much more.

Post by reddevil » July 10, 2015, 5:45 am

vlad wrote:keep reading the press bignote.
=D> =D>

mortiboy
udonmap.com

How much more.

Post by mortiboy » July 10, 2015, 8:46 am

"Pay no heed to Vlad or malc" same nobody listened to Enoch!
Just a matter of time!This race breed like rabbits!
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/f ... s-10-years
Mai mee tahng !

BobHelm
udonmap.com

How much more.

Post by BobHelm » July 10, 2015, 9:12 am

mortiboy wrote:This race breed like rabbits!
RACE, what RACE Morti - the BRITISH???
Half the Muslims in England and Wales were born there and almost three-quarters (73%) identify themselves as British.
From the piece you quoted...

mortiboy
udonmap.com

How much more.

Post by mortiboy » July 10, 2015, 9:46 am

BobHelm wrote:
mortiboy wrote:This race breed like rabbits!
RACE, what RACE Morti - the BRITISH???
Half the Muslims in England and Wales were born there and almost three-quarters (73%) identify themselves as British.
From the piece you quoted...[/quote
Born Uk or not,...Muslims
Mai mee tahng !

kubotatim
udonmap.com

How much more.

Post by kubotatim » July 10, 2015, 10:08 am

and definitely not English.

socksy
udonmap.com

How much more.

Post by socksy » July 10, 2015, 10:13 am

Be worried. Very, very worried I would suggest. :evil:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mu ... ed-6018357
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

kubotatim
udonmap.com

How much more.

Post by kubotatim » July 10, 2015, 10:23 am

I see civil war in the not too future. Glad I live here.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

How much more.

Post by BobHelm » July 10, 2015, 10:27 am

socksy wrote:Be worried. Very, very worried I would suggest. :evil:
If you take a poll of 2,016 people to seriously reflect the true feelings of a population of 64,000,000 (or 0.003 %) then there are undoubtedly more things to be afraid of than IS/ISIL support in Great Britain... :D

souness
udonmap.com
Location: helping in the search for irish allan.(kirkby,liverpool,uk)

How much more.

Post by souness » July 10, 2015, 11:23 am

no probs with the muslims here in liverpool and we had a big bonus earlier in the year when 747man finally ****** off to thaland for good.relations between the general public and liverpool taxi drivers are now at there most cordial for 40 years ! ha ha !

sean

mortiboy
udonmap.com

How much more.

Post by mortiboy » July 10, 2015, 11:37 am

souness wrote:no probs with the muslims here in liverpool and we had a big bonus earlier in the year when 747man finally ****** off to thaland for good.relations between the general public and liverpool taxi drivers are now at there most cordial for 40 years ! ha ha !

sean
I thought obscene swear words were forbidden on Udon map?
747 dont like that kind of language :roll:
Mai mee tahng !

Return to “World News”