2014 American Elections

World news discussion forum
Jsell50
udonmap.com

2014 American Elections

Post by Jsell50 » November 5, 2014, 5:02 pm

Looks like some have finally come to their senses. Guess they are tired of paying the bills of all the slackers and illegals. Maybe the new ones can turn back the clock to when government made more sense.

LilRed
udonmap.com

2014 American Elections

Post by LilRed » November 5, 2014, 6:49 pm

Congrats.

Lookin forward to seein what the GOP does now...

Astana
udonmap.com

2014 American Elections

Post by Astana » November 5, 2014, 7:24 pm

No change in the Whitehouse still has a Halal menu in the Cafeteria and a Muslim in the big chair..!

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Re: 2014 American Elections

Post by JoeThrows » November 5, 2014, 7:49 pm

That was embarrassing.

I watched some msnbc to see how they would spin it. Noticed a number of times the talking heads saying "we won" this race or "we lost" this race.

Msnbc is basically a lap dog, begging for scraps.

Jsell50
udonmap.com

2014 American Elections

Post by Jsell50 » November 5, 2014, 7:51 pm

I expect to see lots of tries to bypass congress on everything he would like to pass now that no elections are looming. I would also like to see what they do to block these executive orders.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

2014 American Elections

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 5, 2014, 7:52 pm

Ex-con, Conrad Black, weighs in on the U.S. election with his sermon from the Mount:-
Conrad Black: The Republicans have given the Obama Democrats a well deserved thrashing

Conrad Black | November 4, 2014 | Last Updated: Nov 4 11:04 PM ET

The Empire State Building is illuminated in red, white and blue hosted by CNN for election night November 4, 2014. According to CNN, as US Senate vote results are projected and allocated to candidates, a vertical LED illuminated meter located atop the spire of the building will ascend in either red or blue reflective of the party.

As all but rabid Democratic partisans suspected, the organizational talents of that party in getting its core supporters to the polls did not significantly diminish the severe and well-deserved electoral thrashing that has awaited the Obama administration almost since its re-election (in the first campaign since Martin Van Buren’s in 1840 when the incumbent did not stand on his record, and Obama was allowed to distract the voters with red herrings about a Republican “war on women”).

This regime had a vast mandate to clean up the country. Its response has been to mitigate the economic crisis by increasing the national debt from the $10-trillion accumulated in 233 years of American independence prior to 2009 to $18-trillion in six years, a third of the increase not funded by arm’s-length bond sales but by the issuance of spurious notes from the Federal Reserve to its parent, the Treasury, all to achieve an anemic rate of economic recovery.

The health-care reform has been a disaster as was widely predicted and inevitable from its hokey numbers and coercive nature. Corruption of offices and institutions has scraped the bottom of America’s profound experience in this area, with the Internal Revenue Service and the prosecution service unleashed on partisan enemies and acting in brazen contempt of Congress when called to account by it.

Foreign policy has been a slapstick farce of threatening Iran and then caving, drawing a red line in Syria and then abdicating the constitutional responsibilities of commander-in-chief, and then dumping it into the lap of the Russian gangster president Vladimir Putin, who supplied the Assad regime with the poison gas it bestowed upon its population in the first place. When the American ambassador was murdered in Benghazi, Libya, as Barack Obama was pretending to have mopped up terrorism, he pushed poor old Hillary Clinton, then running to the exit as his secretary of state, onto the television airwaves to assure the Muslim world what a high opinion the American people and government had of Islam, as the official line was that the ambassador had been murdered by a spontaneous gang of malcontents aroused by an Islamophobic video prepared by some loopie in the western states.

The Western alliance has virtually disintegrated, and apart from the initial important fact of smashing the absurd and despicable colour bar to the nation’s highest office, and killing Osama bin Laden, it is a strain to think of anything this administration has done that is desirable and successful in six years. In addition, the poor record, one of the worst since before the Civil War, is aggravated by the annoying habit of the president of seeming to treat every crisis as an irritating interruption of his golfing plans.

Setbacks in mid-term elections in second terms are frequent, and even distinguished presidents including Franklin D. Roosevelt, Dwight D. Eisenhower and Ronald Reagan suffered them. So have less successful presidents, such as George W. Bush. They don’t necessarily presage defeat at the polls for the incumbent party in the next presidential election and that should not be assumed here, especially given the incompetence of Republican nominees since George Bush Sr. ran a strong campaign in 1988. Most of the unsuccessful seekers of the nomination have been weak also. (The procession of improbable suitors for the Republicans three years ago was startling: Herman Cain, Newt (the human grenade with the pin pulled) Gingrich, Rick (“Oops”) Perry (who jogged with a revolver in his shorts), Michele Bachmann, Rick Santorum, and the nominee, Mitt Romney, had to make a real effort to lose, and he managed it.

Obama’s performance has been doubly frustrating because he ran such a brilliant campaign for the nomination in 2008. Any Democratic nominee was going to win after the onset of the financial crisis, to which then-president George W. Bush responded with the unforgettably stirring tocsin: “This sucker could go down.” Hillary Clinton should have had the nomination and did win the primaries, but Obama managed, subliminally, to send the decent white majority of Americans the message that he understood they were guilty and ashamed of America’s historic treatment of African-Americans; slavery, what Abraham Lincoln called “the bondsman’s 250 years of unrequited toil,” followed by 100 years of segregation when, as Lyndon Johnson said, all that was heard in the South was “Nigrah, nigrah, nigrah.” Decent white America could end its guilt and even its embarrassment, and as a bonus would never have to listen to hackneyed charlatans like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton “deal the race card off the bottom of the deck” again. All America had to do was give him the nomination; the election would take care of itself, especially against such a blunderbuss candidate as John McCain.

What is disturbing about the American political scene is not an unsuccessful president; all countries have disappointing leaders sometimes; Canada has had its share. It is not even two of them back to back, but the fact that for the first time in American history, unsuccessful presidents have been re-elected, and twice in a row. The inept leaders who presided over the descent to civil war, Millard Fillmore, Franklin Pierce and James Buchanan, were not renominated, and Buchanan, as the Union disintegrated, had the conscientious thoughtfulness not to seek renomination.

Apart from the great General Ulysses Grant, McKinley was the only one of the rather nondescript presidents between Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt who won consecutive terms. Herbert Hoover and Jimmy Carter were unsuccessful presidents, tried hard to justify their records and were rather lopsidedly defeated by FDR and Reagan, both of whom proved to be great presidents. If George W. or Obama in seeking a second term had faced strong candidates, they would have lost. Historically, when the United States has needed distinguished leadership, as it did in the times of Hoover and Carter, it was available and was installed. The last seriously impressive candidate for national office the United States has had was Lloyd Bentsen who ran for vice-president with Michael Dukakis against J. Danforth (“Senator, you’re no Jack Kennedy”) Quayle in 1988.

The problems of the United States are now so serious, the country needs an outstanding president. My fear is that the Watergate assassination of a very successful administration on a flimsy pretext, facilitated by Richard Nixon’s inexplicably inept handling of the controversy, has deterred the best candidates from running, apart from the great halcyon Reagan, who had already sought the nomination once before the illegal entry at the Watergate.

The voters took the Congress away from Bill Clinton in 1994; they gave George W. what he called “a thumpin’ ” in 2006, Obama what he called “a shellacking” in 2010 and the president should be returning to the woodshed and has certainly earned the trip. But turning the rascals out doesn’t produce better rascals the way it used to; it will be a real cause for delight to see the back of Harry Reid as Senate Majority leader, and Mitch McConnell, though unexciting, will be a refreshing improvement. John Boehner is preferable to Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House, but he’s no world-beater, so there is no reason to believe that cleaning house in Congress and some of the statehouses is going to do wonders for the condition of the country, or give us any guidance about what will happen in two years. That will be the Big One, and a great deal will ride on it, for the whole world, such is the continuing importance of the United States, despite 15 years of almost uninterrupted misgovernment.

National Post
http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/201 ... thrashing/
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

2014 American Elections

Post by jackspratt » November 5, 2014, 8:34 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:Ex-con, Conrad Black, weighs in on the U.S. election with his sermon from the Mount:-
This gem, by Connie Black, says it all for me:

The problems of the United States are now so serious, the country needs an outstanding president. My fear is that the Watergate assassination of a very successful administration on a flimsy pretext, facilitated by Richard Nixon’s inexplicably inept handling of the controversy, has deterred the best candidates from running, apart from the great halcyon Reagan, who had already sought the nomination once before the illegal entry at the Watergate.
Nixon - the crim. :shock:

Reagan - the Irangate buffoon. :shock: :shock: :shock:

But I do agree with him (Black) on one point - the US does need an outstanding President. But like most other advanced western economies around the world (eg Australia, Canada, UK, France etc etc) there is certainly no one that obviously meets that basic criteria.

A retreat into conservative, neo-con policies ain't gunna fit the bill - particularly when the governments (and most of the oppositions) in those countries are the captives of big business ie big money.

Particularly poignant on the day of the memorial service for the most visionary leader in Australia's short history, Gough Whitlam.

Jsell50
udonmap.com

2014 American Elections

Post by Jsell50 » November 5, 2014, 9:09 pm

Personally I think a really good politician has been a scarcity for decades. almost all are self-serving... Some have started with good intentions but the road to hell are all paved with those. What we really need is someone who will put the needs of the country and the intentions of the framers of the constitution ahead of the need for votes or their own needs. Will that happen, doubtful, but maybe the American taxpayer is waking up enough to at least push for it.

Turdyboy
udonmap.com

2014 American Elections

Post by Turdyboy » November 6, 2014, 12:12 am

It boils down to three words. Negro ain't so cool.

He's a failure from day one and more racist than anybody. But Euros still loved him. Who tried to tell ya, fools?

I did. He's a sad idiot who couldn't lead a platoon into a chow hall.

You imbeciles sucked his ass. You gave him awards and accolades. You are equally at fault s the libby hair-twirling Americans.

I hope you've learned something today.

akwoodworker
udonmap.com

2014 American Elections

Post by akwoodworker » November 6, 2014, 4:18 am

The oligarchs are now in charge of America. A republican congress will be more than willing to do whatever they say. I only hope my retirement and social security (next year) survive long enough to get a life in Thailand.Most of the negativity towards Obama is from the media lap dogs, considering the mess he was left with he did ok. Any guesses on how long until we have boots on the ground in some country? My guess is six months.

TJ
udonmap.com

2014 American Elections

Post by TJ » November 6, 2014, 5:23 am

All winning Republican candidates advocated repealing Obamacare.

Now with control of both the Senate and the House Republicans can end Obama's executive orders by refusing to fund them.

We will wait and see what happens.

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » November 6, 2014, 6:58 am

Obama is a clueless idiot. Obamacare is wealth transfer with insurance attached. There isn't any current republican I'd vote for but it's well past time to stop the PC nonsense that is fragmenting the country. Liberalism is a mental disease.

LilRed
udonmap.com

2014 American Elections

Post by LilRed » November 6, 2014, 7:01 am

You are bein VERY offensive, Tb.

Your comment above reeks of angry racism. But, you're not a racist, right?

OOOooo, Jt, a shame your comments are so intolerant.

The GOP needs to "put up", at this point.

Any bets on whether or not they repeal Ocare? Put yo money on de table boys.

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » November 6, 2014, 7:04 am

Yes I know, we are all racist intolerant bigots because we disagree with Obama. Glad that's coming to an end soon. Liberals offend me much more than conservatives.

"I hate conservatives, but I really f&$&)(;./ hate liberals"-Matt stone

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » November 6, 2014, 7:07 am

Remember kids, the entire democrat position coming up to this was "if you disagree you're a racist intolerant bigot"

No position on anything. Just racist this racist that and pandering.

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » November 6, 2014, 7:11 am

Interesting to note that no democrat candidate would ally themselves with Obama. In fact, they were all running ads shooting guns and basically trying to show themselves as masculine again after 6 years of being emasculated by liberal brainwashing

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » November 6, 2014, 7:16 am

I'm not republican either so don't start trying to "my team your team" me. 6 years of partisan politics leads to one side getting slaughtered. Yesterday was the liberals turn and it's days like this that are the only days I'll watch the mouthpiece of the obummer admin, msnbc. Oh the humanity

Jsell50
udonmap.com

2014 American Elections

Post by Jsell50 » November 6, 2014, 8:23 am

Eventually I would love to see a true 3rd party, one that doesn't believe in taking money from those who have earned it and giving it to those who didn't, other than the truly handicapped; and also doesn't believe in killing anyone who doesn't agree with them.

JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Post by JoeThrows » November 6, 2014, 8:36 am

Sadly we won't ever get there while people can only think in red team blue team terms. I'd like to see a nationwide "none of the above", anything would be better than blindly voting for a team you'll never belong to that will never represent you

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

2014 American Elections

Post by JimboPSM » November 6, 2014, 9:06 am

Perhaps it is time to reflect on what has happened to the USD when the ideologues run the show.
  • USD-THB Dollar Index 2014.10.31B.jpg
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Return to “World News”