Malaysia Airlines plane missing with 239 on board

World news discussion forum
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Malaysia Airlines plane missing with 239 on board

Post by tamada » February 24, 2022, 11:37 am

Aardvark wrote:
February 24, 2022, 8:45 am
For those who may be interested. The latest theory ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq-d4Kl8Xh4
It's great when someone thinks outside the box and applies the science with which they are very familiar to something so radically different.
Last edited by tamada on February 24, 2022, 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » February 24, 2022, 2:55 pm

Be it as though his crash site appears to be close to that predicted earlier the erratic coarse after the left turn over the top of Aceh would indicate someone alive at the controls. Assuming the Captain was the guilty party did he reactivate the cabin pressurization after he was sure all on board were dead or of no threat?? I don't know how long the flight crew's oxygen lasts.

I still think the Captain (who practiced the scenario on his home flight simulator - fact) did away with the 1st officer, re-programmed the FMC to fly a coarse of minimal radar contact to Aceh then South and slowly dumped the cabin pressurization on the way. He took off his own oxygen and let the plane do the rest.

IMHO, an erratic 360 deg circuit of that complexity would take forever to program -- and to what end? Good luck to this guy but I can't see any country spending more money on it.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 24, 2022, 6:27 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
February 24, 2022, 2:55 pm
Be it as though his crash site appears to be close to that predicted earlier the erratic coarse after the left turn over the top of Aceh would indicate someone alive at the controls. Assuming the Captain was the guilty party did he reactivate the cabin pressurization after he was sure all on board were dead or of no threat?? I don't know how long the flight crew's oxygen lasts.

I still think the Captain (who practiced the scenario on his home flight simulator - fact) did away with the 1st officer, re-programmed the FMC to fly a coarse of minimal radar contact to Aceh then South and slowly dumped the cabin pressurization on the way. He took off his own oxygen and let the plane do the rest.

IMHO, an erratic 360 deg circuit of that complexity would take forever to program -- and to what end? Good luck to this guy but I can't see any country spending more money on it.
The unexplained, loop holding patterns in a couple of locations are complex and take too long to program? When an airliner does a "go around" or simply gets in a lengthy vertical landing stack at a busy airport, that's difficult to program into a flight control system?

As it says, these loops are unexplained but if the Captain had (allegedly) already incapacitated passengers, cabin crew and the co-pilot, he had all the time in the world. How about already having the flight plan more than just tested on his home flight simulator? As a senior pilot, he maybe had access to the airline's own flight simulator to make his flight plan "plug and play"? Earlier in the clip, there appears to be looping before the end of signal transmissions, before the crash. Maybe another lazy, easily preprogrammed "landing" stack for a "controlled" crash after he finally turned off his oxygen?

All supposition but as long as there are shadows of doubt, the investigation shouldn't be discounted just because it's expensive. Maybe the Chinese have deeper pockets and more need for closure?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » February 25, 2022, 7:17 am

tamada wrote:
February 24, 2022, 6:27 pm
The unexplained, loop holding patterns in a couple of locations are complex and take too long to program? When an airliner does a "go around" or simply gets in a lengthy vertical landing stack at a busy airport, that's difficult to program into a flight control system?
I was referring to the complexity of the circuit as shown in his map as well as the complex flight path.

This is another take on the same technology 5th May 2021 - No loop and straighter lines
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/malays ... FZ4XP5VDM/
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 25, 2022, 7:43 am

^ Thanks for that. The complex initial flight path is assumed to be to avoid early detection, local radar, etc.. i recall that Thai military radar reported seeing the initial eastward track but no eyebrows were raised and "we're all friends here" sort of applied.

Isn't there a handover between ATC centers where they exist? It looks like he flew west shortly after take off instead of heading to the northeast and China. You would think that. KUL ATC would have witnessed that but maybe as soon as he said "goodnight", everyone stopped watching as he would be assumed to be flying over Malaysian air space until handover with Vietnam ATC. I recall reading that Vietnam ATC did comment that the expected handover didn't happen (it was a daily, scheduled flight) and that's when the first questions about being missing were raised? By that time, the Captain would have been clear of "clutter" and settled back on the long, straight shot in a direction nobody would be looking.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “World News”