1. Most Americans are grossly misinformed
2. Fox News viewers are the most misinformed

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/1 ... 98146.html

Direct link to the study
Misinformation and the 2010 Election
A Study of the US Electorate
December 10, 2010
http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/ ... 10_rpt.pdf

WORLDPUBLICOPINION.ORG IS A PROJECT MANAGED BY THE PROGRAM ON INTERNATIONAL POLICY ATTITUDES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Re: Misinformation: A Study of the US Electorate

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » December 18, 2010, 12:04 am

Again...yawn

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » December 18, 2010, 12:27 am

This is the kind of stuff they called sour grapes not too long ago ... Nov 2008.
Whhaaaaaaa!

Shame the Messiah couldn't hold his house together for more than a few months. Truly a spanking the legislative branch hasn't seen in a long, long time.

Spectacular FAIL.

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » December 18, 2010, 12:31 am

I got in touch with two central Americans countries for you Kondahm. They said they didnt want you as you are too right wing for them! Funny you say your a democrat and that basically anybody who isnt is an idiot. Alot of right wing rhetoric from a democrat, very interesting!

I believe the New Black Panther Party (you know the ones who were intimidating voters in the elections by looking menacing and carrying weapons outside a polling station) are looking for new people to Join. I think you would have better luck there!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 18, 2010, 9:51 am

Interesting read KD, but hardly news to most people - including I would imagine, the good folk who run Faux News.

DermotC wrote: I believe the New Black Panther Party (you know the ones who were intimidating voters in the elections by looking menacing and carrying weapons outside a polling station) ............................
I assume that would be 1 NBPP member carrying 1 "weapon" (ie a police style baton). :-k

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Black_ ... iladelphia

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » December 18, 2010, 2:44 pm

Eric Holder assures us they only looked menacing. No problem with Michelle Obama "just hanging out" at a polling station either ... you know, just chatting up voters as they head into the booths ... What a friendly gal... :roll:
Good ole, Holder, we expected as much from that dirtbag.

Frans
udonmap.com

Post by Frans » December 18, 2010, 3:22 pm

Study: Some Viewers Were Misinformed by TV News
By BRIAN STELTER

Asked for comment on the study, Fox News seemingly dismissed the findings. In a statement, Michael Clemente, who is the senior vice president of news editorial for the network, said: “The latest Princeton Review ranked the University of Maryland among the top schools for having ‘Students Who Study The Least’ and being the ‘Best Party School’ – given these fine academic distinctions, we’ll regard the study with the same level of veracity it was ‘researched’ with.”

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2 ... y-tv-news/

Misinformation ;-)

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » December 18, 2010, 5:23 pm

jackspratt wrote:Interesting read KD, but hardly news to most people - including I would imagine, the good folk who run Faux News.

DermotC wrote: I believe the New Black Panther Party (you know the ones who were intimidating voters in the elections by looking menacing and carrying weapons outside a polling station) ............................
I assume that would be 1 NBPP member carrying 1 "weapon" (ie a police style baton). :-k

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Black_ ... iladelphia
JS check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU

The point im making is everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how strongly you disagree. Kondahm seems to believe that everyones entitled to their opinion, as long as they agree with him, thats all and that his politics are more in line with these two on the video. I dont know about you if i went to vote and was confronted by these two in militia uniforms spouting that they were ahem 'Security' Id be a bit concerned!

P.S. Remember anyone can write anything on Wiki and that article is a bit one sided, again check out the video

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 18, 2010, 5:49 pm

Dermot I looked at the video, and my thoughts are that these two guys are an affront to the democratic process. In Oz they would have been moved on, or arrested, and locked up till at least the close of voting at that polling station.

However, your post seemed to indicate a lot more than a couple of guys hanging about doing their thing - whatever that was - in front of the polling station.

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » December 18, 2010, 5:58 pm

Sorry Jack, I didn't mean to imply that there was more than just this incident and looking back maybe I did go ott a bit but just to make my point.

Return to “World News”