World news discussion forum
Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: ClimateGate busts things wide open

Post by Doodoo » September 26, 2019, 9:57 am

The Kid isnt one to go down without a fight. It appears that she is a survivor
Greta
"Here we go again...
As you may have noticed, the haters are as active as ever - going after me, my looks, my clothes, my behaviour and my differences.
They come up with every thinkable lie and conspiracy theory."

"It seems they will cross every possible line to avert the focus, since they are so desperate not to talk about the climate and ecological crisis.
Being different is not an illness and the current, best available science is not opinions - it’s facts. ->"

"I honestly don’t understand why adults would choose to spend their time mocking and threatening teenagers and children for promoting science, when they could do something good instead. I guess they must simply feel so threatened by us. ->"

"But don’t waste your time giving them any more attention.
The world is waking up. Change is coming wether they like it or not.
See you in the streets this Friday!"

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » September 26, 2019, 10:05 am

Wise old head on very young shoulders . If being different was an illness , then i guess half the farang population of Udon would have serious health issue .

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » September 26, 2019, 12:14 pm

The angry young girl has changed her track and is now sprouting the words issued by her minders with reverse criticism for those who disagree with her.
A favoured tactic within some of the cacky handed political types arsenal. Oh well, I won't think much of her words until she reveals who is really backing her and the current motive to further divide world opinion. Hidden agendas are always there, but not easily revealed.
Why do I never hear about her backers? Who are these masked men and woman. Maybe some of you know as I don't delve to deep into the WWW searching to much. Without the true story about whom is grooming her she will run the risk of having undesirable groups tagging on to what she believes is her well intentioned narrative.
Have any of you on UM ever had a talk at home and asked your Thai partners or kids if they have heard of her? And what she is about?

The educated world IS currently changing the reliance on coal because deep down we all really do want a better atmosphere, but alas she never mentions any positives in her scowl faced speaches on how the world IS actually changing and at what pace. Its all doooom and gloooom from her and her buddies.
Why doesn't she take her march into the big polluter countries ( I'm sure china and India will welcome her with open arms ) with coal fired power stations having just been built or being built.

Take time to look at the link, showing how many there really are and which coal fired power plants are closing, operating or just built.

https://www.carbonbrief.org/mapped-worl ... wer-plants

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 26, 2019, 12:52 pm

You are the one speculating and making assertions and insinuations about Ms Thunberg, Barney.

- minders
- cacky handed political types
- divide world opinion
- hidden agendas
- backers
- masked men and woman
- grooming

Perhaps you ought to start delving deep into the WWW, and come up with some credible information to back them up. That might then make you worth listening to. :-k

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » September 26, 2019, 1:09 pm

jackspratt wrote:You are the one speculating and making assertions and insinuations about Ms Thunberg, Barney.

- minders
- cacky handed political types
- divide world opinion
- hidden agendas
- backers
- masked men and woman
- grooming

Perhaps you ought to start delving deep into the WWW, and come up with some credible information to back them up. That might then make you worth listening to. :-k
I’ll not argue and take your word for it jack at this point in time that it’s all Honky Dory, I’m sure all of the truth will be revealed.
But my post was not all about what you read into my post. She doesn’t sprout positives on the subject at any level IMO. And there truly are positives along with all the negatives on this subject around the world, or do you disagree with that? Sometimes The Who wants to hold the center stage should provide a balanced view. That’s all I’m really saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 26, 2019, 1:30 pm

Barney wrote:
September 26, 2019, 1:09 pm
. . .
my post was not all about what you read into my post.
Very common for that member to ignore what doesn't fit his attack strategy.
She doesn’t sprout positives on the subject at any level IMO. And there truly are positives along with all the negatives on this subject around the world
. . .
Very keen and factual observation.

She's the angry young propagandist. Definitely has handlers and promoters emphasizing alarmism.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 26, 2019, 2:08 pm

Barney wrote:
September 26, 2019, 1:09 pm

She doesn’t sprout positives on the subject at any level IMO. And there truly are positives along with all the negatives on this subject around the world, or do you disagree with that?
Yes, there are positives. The problem is, while those positives are being put into play, the earth is still going backwards from a climate and pollution perspective.

And the negatives are still coming thick and fast from propagandists with far more clout and influence than Ms Thonburg - and who are in a position to do something real about the ever-increasing problem had they the will. Trump and Morrison easily spring to mind, and you can chuck Modi and Xi et al in with them.

As I have said previously, it is Ms Thonburg's generation, and those that will follow, that will need to bear the brunt of the increasing problems that are demonstrably coming. You, and I, and even Lone Star will not be around when the ----- really starts hitting the fan.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 26, 2019, 6:27 pm

In other words, we are all doomed, all condemned to death. It is just a friendly reminder that no-one gets out of here alive. Thanks, Jack.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 26, 2019, 6:59 pm

It appears that now is the time for believers to work their magic and slow, stop and reverse what they claim is happening. With such dire predictions of our demise on the horizon, it would seem that believers would be ready to finally explain their plans in detail with specific measurements as to what we can expect in the way of success from their efforts -- or even the odds of possible failure. Don't they have any data models for that?

After all, they claim to have all the answers, but may not have been convincing enough to have their plans adopted and implemented.

And don't forget. The angry young St. Greta says we only have 11 years left.

If it's too late, oh well.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 26, 2019, 7:34 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
September 26, 2019, 6:27 pm
In other words, we are all doomed, all condemned to death. It is just a friendly reminder that no-one gets out of here alive. Thanks, Jack.
How banal, Uncle.

You are better than that.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 26, 2019, 7:36 pm

Lone Star wrote:
September 26, 2019, 6:59 pm

The angry young St. Greta says we only have 11 years left.
Where does she say that?

Oh! ........ and (as for the deleted bits) equally as banal.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 26, 2019, 7:37 pm

Unfortunately, not always, and it is happening more often as I age.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 26, 2019, 7:49 pm

Where does she say that?
. . .
You need to keep better tabs on your heroine.

Participation at her “Fridays for Future” school walkout . . . 11 Minute Die-In to mark the number of years left.

Where? The White House. When? Last Friday.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 26, 2019, 8:06 pm

Or this, where she actually says (from her own mouth):
The world, as a small number of people have been saying lately, will not end in 11 years.
https://www.fridaysforfuture.org/greta-speeches

Where? Paris. When? 23 July 2019.

Parse, dissemble, obfuscate - we are waiting. :D

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » September 26, 2019, 8:17 pm

March 28 2019 The origin...“We are the last generation that can prevent irreparable damage to our planet,” General Assembly President María Fernanda Espinosa Garcés (Ecuador) warned the gathering in her opening remarks, stressing that 11 years are all that remain to avert catastrophe.

https://www.un.org/press/en/2019/ga12131.doc.htm

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 26, 2019, 8:38 pm

Just more proof that the angry young St. Greta is nuts or conflicted.

From July to September already sends conflicting messages. She's falling right in line with other believers -- undependable.

Participates in HER “Fridays for Future” school walkout and the 11 Minute Die-In to mark the number of years left. Doesn't believe in it. Quite the little hypocrite to mislead her young followers like that.

Okay. She's your girl. You own it.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 26, 2019, 8:55 pm

well for a 16 year old she sure is creating a fuss

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 26, 2019, 9:00 pm

jackspratt wrote:
September 26, 2019, 8:06 pm

Parse, dissemble, obfuscate - we are waiting. :D
Q.E.D.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 26, 2019, 9:40 pm

It is difficult to criticise this young lady as she is only sixteen. Furthermore, it is nice to see someone act as an inspiration to so many others around the world including, adults and children and young adults. There may be flaws in her reasoning but she is standing up for what she feels will help the planet and the life living on it. Her message is being heard and harms no-one.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » September 27, 2019, 9:17 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
September 26, 2019, 9:40 pm
It is difficult to criticise this young lady as she is only sixteen. Furthermore, it is nice to see someone act as an inspiration to so many others around the world including, adults and children and young adults. There may be flaws in her reasoning but she is standing up for what she feels will help the planet and the life living on it. Her message is being heard and harms no-one.
I agree totally Uncle . For me its nice to see these youngsters make a stand to get their voices heard .
After all in 5 to 10 years they will be voting ,in 10 to 15 years some will become leaders , whether in politics or commerce .
Lets hope they stay loyal to their beliefs , and their minds not changed by the mighty dollar .
They are our future , like it or not . They know they are about to inherit a cluster ---- . =;

Return to “World News”