PTT maybe getting the message

Thailand news, views and comments
tamada
udonmap.com

PTT maybe getting the message

Post by tamada » December 26, 2022, 2:33 pm

PTTEP have been slow to withdraw from Myanmar, only saying they're pulling out of the Yetagun field which was pretty much end-of-life and not a big contributor of gas to Thailand or dosh for the Burmese dictators. PTTEP did take over as operator of the more prolific Yadana field after the French pulled out.

However, having one of Norway's sovereign wealth funds kick you to the curb is quite a financial hit for the flagship, state-owned PTT and it's subsidiary. The Generals should be worried.

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/deta ... 6102619876

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: PTT maybe getting the message

Post by parrot » December 26, 2022, 3:05 pm

I'd like to see T.A.T. get the international message regarding Russian tourists.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 26, 2022, 3:15 pm

parrot wrote:
December 26, 2022, 3:05 pm
I'd like to see T.A.T. get the international message regarding Russian tourists.
What International message?

There are only 6 countries that Russian passport holders are banned from (as of Dec 22).....

Which Countries Are Russian Passport Holders Not Allowed to Enter?

Russian passport holders are not allowed to enter the following countries:

Czechia
Estonia
Finland
Latvia
Lithuania
Poland

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 26, 2022, 3:29 pm

parrot wrote:
December 26, 2022, 3:05 pm
Bizarre comment.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 26, 2022, 3:46 pm

Ok, let me rephrase. I'd like to see T.A.T/Thai government ban Aeroflot flights into Thailand.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » December 26, 2022, 4:33 pm

parrot wrote:
December 26, 2022, 3:46 pm
Ok, let me rephrase. I'd like to see T.A.T/Thai government ban Aeroflot flights into Thailand.
Why??? Its not the ordinary people creating wars.... Your from the USA and are behind a lot more conflict than Russia, doe's that mean you should be banned??? Thankfully Thailand has remained neutural so far.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 26, 2022, 4:48 pm

fatbob wrote:
December 26, 2022, 4:33 pm
parrot wrote:
Why??? Its not the ordinary people creating wars.... Your from the USA and are behind a lot more conflict than Russia, doe's that mean you should be banned??? Thankfully Thailand has remained neutural so far.
Oh dear, it never is the ordinary man in the street causing these conflicts rather the deranged and often slightly insane leaders that cause it. However banning citizens from the invading country will cause those citizens to rebel and possibly force a change at the head of that government.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 26, 2022, 8:15 pm

And here was me posting a thread inviting comment on the Thai state oil company's policy change with regard to trade with the Myanmar junta due to losing a major foreign investor.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 27, 2022, 6:56 am

tamada wrote:
December 26, 2022, 8:15 pm
And here was me posting a thread inviting comment on the Thai state oil company's policy change with regard to trade with the Myanmar junta due to losing a major foreign investor.
Yep but sadly that will NOT impact on the Junta changing its tactics of oppression and killings.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » December 27, 2022, 6:58 am

Keep trying, I'm listening. I find the thread topic interesting and pertinent to our life in Thailand.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » December 27, 2022, 7:27 am

Khun Paul wrote:
December 26, 2022, 4:48 pm
fatbob wrote:
parrot wrote:
Oh dear, it never is the ordinary man in the street causing these conflicts rather the deranged and often slightly insane leaders that cause it. However banning citizens from the invading country will cause those citizens to rebel and possibly force a change at the head of that government.
So if the UK banned russian planes I should blame the Russians. I guess that goes along with banning russian gas and then blame Russia for the cost of gas.
It's safe to say Russians are not suffering ridiculous energy prices and will stay warm this winter. Here's more logic on the subject, why does pouring weapons into a war help with peace ? It that the same logic that says if more Americans had more guns then America would become a much safer place, where is the logic that says western countries banning russian planes then Russians will rebel? Also look at the revolutions we helped create, Libya,Iraq, Afghanistan and trying that with Russia would be the end of us all. Wars happen when politics fails,
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 27, 2022, 12:29 pm

papafarang wrote:
December 27, 2022, 7:27 am
Khun Paul wrote:
fatbob wrote:
parrot wrote:
So if the UK banned russian planes I should blame the Russians. I guess that goes along with banning russian gas and then blame Russia for the cost of gas.
It's safe to say Russians are not suffering ridiculous energy prices and will stay warm this winter. Here's more logic on the subject, why does pouring weapons into a war help with peace ? It that the same logic that says if more Americans had more guns then America would become a much safer place, where is the logic that says western countries banning russian planes then Russians will rebel? Also look at the revolutions we helped create, Libya,Iraq, Afghanistan and trying that with Russia would be the end of us all. Wars happen when politics fails,
Wars also happen wheb common-sense goes out the window and EMOTIONS TAKE CONTRO we all know how emotions affect all of us to a greater or lessor degree.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » December 27, 2022, 2:50 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
December 27, 2022, 12:29 pm
papafarang wrote:
December 27, 2022, 7:27 am
Khun Paul wrote:
fatbob wrote:
parrot wrote:
Wars also happen wheb common-sense goes out the window and EMOTIONS TAKE CONTRO we all know how emotions affect all of us to a greater or lessor degree.
Seems your just talking for the sake of it without any common sense what so ever. Wars don't just happen ffs.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 27, 2022, 5:47 pm

History forgotten is lessons never learnt, and YES they do , WW1 was fought just because someone killed an Archduke.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 27, 2022, 7:30 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
December 27, 2022, 12:29 pm

I reckon you may be on to something here, KP.

You only need to hark back to Maggie's dummy spit back in April, 1982 if evidence is required. ;)

Return to “Thailand News”