Post by deankham » October 7, 2022, 2:13 am

RIP Little ones. Tragic 😥

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Shooting at pre-school in Nongbua Lamphu

Post by Khun Paul » October 7, 2022, 6:56 am

Whistler wrote:
October 6, 2022, 9:41 pm
Will we ever know the full truth. This was a drug effected ex cop who was taken to court earlier in the day. The info I am getting it was a single pill.

A lot of dealers are users, pushing drugs to support their own addiction. Nobody pushes drugs in Thailand without some protection. Was his case about a falling out of fiends?

Not condoning this heinous act, there is no excuse for what this evil man has done. Are there other dimensions to this tragedy?
Simple answer to your question. No the full truth will never be known as the Press nor the Authorities never factor in Thai Culture into their Public deliberations, Loss of Face, ego etc. What worries me more is that the RTP allowed a disgraced COP who they fired for Drug related offences to still own a GUN !!

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » October 7, 2022, 7:37 am

Khun Paul wrote:
October 7, 2022, 6:56 am
.....What worries me more is that the RTP allowed a disgraced COP who they fired for Drug related offences to still own a GUN !!
Just thinking the same. Legal ownership, apparently.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » October 7, 2022, 8:21 am

Brian Davis wrote:
October 7, 2022, 7:37 am
Khun Paul wrote:
October 7, 2022, 6:56 am
.....What worries me more is that the RTP allowed a disgraced COP who they fired for Drug related offences to still own a GUN !!
Just thinking the same. Legal ownership, apparently.
He was fired from the police in 2012, gun ownership is out of control here.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 7, 2022, 8:34 am

RIP all but especially the wee innocents.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 7, 2022, 9:11 am

without wishing to turn this tread into another gun debate .. anyone who has lived here any length of time knows how easy it is for a Thai to own a gun legally.. armed teen gangs are another issue... enough on that topic.

tragic tragic incident , i cant recall any news event (since maybe 9/11) that has made me loose sleep until this,thinking why it happened and so close to us here in Udonthani... i dont ever want to see any pictures as just the thought of this guy doing what he did makes me sick to my stomach.

RIP to all sincere condolences to the families who lost loved ones .. very very sad time for so many.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » October 7, 2022, 9:18 am

28 victims moved to Udon Hospital last night. 8 in ICU. Don't know how many victims in NBL hospital. 38 dead, I was told. Udon Hospital was very busy last night.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » October 7, 2022, 10:23 am

Thailand's individual Maha Vajiralongkorn and Queen Suthida will on Friday visit people injured in the attack.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » October 7, 2022, 11:18 am

Giving blood last night at Udon Hospital.
Attachments
Blood bank udon.jpg

rick
udonmap.com

Re: Shooting in Nong Bua Lampho

Post by rick » October 7, 2022, 12:39 pm

Quite shocking. It is school holidays currently so a couple of weeks to improve schools security. In the UK, ONE school massacre was enough to get hand guns banned. Doubt there is that level of drive here, with 10 million guns apparently in Public ownership in Thailand.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 7, 2022, 1:39 pm

Rick this shooting took place at a Nursery and not a school. Therefore, there arent usually any holidays
As for the subject of security the only way for this to happen is to rid the country of the threat \. There was 2 elements in this case, one was Guns and the other was human beings. So unless we rid the world of all humans I would suggest we rid the country of guns

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 7, 2022, 2:25 pm

"There was 2 elements in this case, one was Guns and the other was human beings. So unless we rid the world of all humans I would suggest we rid the country of guns"

I know I'm probably not gonna be the good guy here in some areas, but the one thing above all that needs to be "rid of" is DRUGS ......... normal guns and normal knives in the hand of normal people dont end up like this until DRUGS get involved

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 7, 2022, 2:59 pm

I like the word 'normal'. I have never been in a country where there has been so many people that are not normal. Given the Thai mental health facilities, these not normal people get from zero to minimal treatment. I had an awful episode earlier this year where a highly delusional young man went crazy. It took 5 cops to handcuff him and get him into police car. After a sedative, Udon hospital wanted to release him with no further treatment. I won't go into all that ensued but I had to threaten the young Dr with potential disbarment before follow up treatment was approved.

Mix some drugs into such a scenario and there are plenty of resultant murders, happens many times daily throughout Thailand.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 7, 2022, 11:19 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
October 7, 2022, 2:25 pm
"There was 2 elements in this case, one was Guns and the other was human beings. So unless we rid the world of all humans I would suggest we rid the country of guns"

I know I'm probably not gonna be the good guy here in some areas, but the one thing above all that needs to be "rid of" is DRUGS ......... normal guns and normal knives in the hand of normal people dont end up like this until DRUGS get involved
Preliminary autopsy results are showing guy not pissing purple ..he was drug negative on the day of the incident.
Regardless wtf it takes to.commit such a terrible crime is just inconceivable...
This evening whilst dining with some army nieghbours they suggested the old school rather gruesome punishment fir such a crime alas this guy took.his own life ...so ...

Sad times indeed i noticed many ppl wearing black.today when out n about ..i shall.follow suit tomorrow ..black.shirts all.round guys

Dm.
Last edited by Drunk Monkey on October 8, 2022, 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » October 8, 2022, 6:25 am

The wife tells me that currently, none of the area wats are willing to take the killer's body for cremation. She said the body had to be taken back to Udon Hospital for cold storage. Not sure how that is going to play out.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » October 8, 2022, 7:59 am

From one of the relatives:
“I cried until I had no more tears coming out of my eyes.”

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 8, 2022, 10:52 am

I saw a photo of the day-care's front porch in the aftermath. The shoe rack with all those little shoes carefully placed inside that morning. I was bawling (again).
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » October 8, 2022, 3:18 pm

Cremation of killer today at Wat Mai Nong Hin, near the airport.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 8, 2022, 3:36 pm

At the end of the day this terrible incident has raised more questions that I suspect will ever be answered. Luckily the perpretrator decided to do the honourable thing , however the search foir the reasons as to why have died with him, so any meaningful reasons will never be known only conjecture .
It has raised the GUN problem which having seen some of the homemade variety over the years Thais are quite resourceful at making or converting old firearms to be useful , but with the VAST Military and equally large Police force then the abundance is easily understandable . However lack of control is NOT acceptable but as this is Thailand, hardly surprising 1
We have touched on Thailand\s POOR record in dealing with mental illnesses so add that to the mix coupled with an abundance of Firearms, we are lucky these incidents are rare .

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » October 8, 2022, 6:37 pm

mak wrote:
October 8, 2022, 3:18 pm
Cremation of killer today at Wat Mai Nong Hin, near the airport.
...the temple asked that its name to be kept a secret for fear of locals becoming angry.
khaosod.jpg

Return to “Thailand News”