PM Prayuth Still Da' Man

Thailand news, views and comments
jackspratt
udonmap.com

PM Prayuth Still Da' Man

Post by jackspratt » September 30, 2022, 5:28 pm

Thailand's Constitutional Court has ruled Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha had not exceeded the maximum eight years allowed in the post, paving the way for his likely return from a five-week suspension.

The court announced its decision on Friday in a case filed by the opposition Pheu Thai party, which had sought clarity on whether Mr Prayuth's time as leader of a junta formed after a coup he led eight years ago should count in his overall tally......
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-30/ ... /101491982
;)

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: PM Prayuth Still Da' Man

Post by Whistler » September 30, 2022, 7:45 pm

What an absolute mind blowing surprise

that it took so long to reach a preordained verdict
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 30, 2022, 7:51 pm

You haven't been here long, have you?

Nothing is preordained - an unexpected SMS could have come through from Germany, which meant he would be on his bike, riding into retirement.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 30, 2022, 8:24 pm

I don't think so Jack. Prayut has saved face with court ruling. Now he can leave on his own terms as far as his public face is concerned. I doubt if he will stay beyond mid 2023.

My prediction alone.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 30, 2022, 9:02 pm

You misunderstand what I said.

The hypothetical SMS would have been to the Constitutional Court, not Prayuth.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 1, 2022, 7:00 am

This of course is not a surprising revelation, to be expected in the Land of Wais and of Saving of Face, both of which far outweigh legal niceties and Rule of law .

Better to have the man in charge of the MILITARY in the top spot where he can be monitored easily , especially when propping up other people.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 1, 2022, 1:50 pm

My wife doesn't care. She thinks he is doing a good job. More and more Thai people are out of poverty and the infrastructure is being upgraded.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 1, 2022, 3:15 pm

From my observation, one of the biggest inequities is farm produce. The mills and buying agents pay very poor prices at the farm gates, but the processors/distributors seem to be thriving.

A bit of regulation to stop these gouges would lift the living standards of millions of farmers.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 1, 2022, 9:08 pm

glalt wrote:
October 1, 2022, 1:50 pm
My wife doesn't care. She thinks he is doing a good job. More and more Thai people are out of poverty and the infrastructure is being upgraded.
That's what was said about Thaksin and his sister too. However, Prem thought Thaksin went a step too far, and got rid of him. That step would have made the Prime Minister more important than the military.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 1, 2022, 10:30 pm

1. Thaksin =: the people
2. The military = Hi-So

It may be a long time before no 1 surpasses no 2. It will happen, but not in my lifespan.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 2, 2022, 7:00 am

Whistler wrote:
October 1, 2022, 3:15 pm
From my observation, one of the biggest inequities is farm produce. The mills and buying agents pay very poor prices at the farm gates, but the processors/distributors seem to be thriving.

A bit of regulation to stop these gouges would lift the living standards of millions of farmers.
And this wont happen anywhere worldwide
Look at any farmers and see what they get for their produce

Return to “Thailand News”