Floods

Post by mak » September 5, 2022, 11:04 am

Attachments
phuket flood.jpg

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Floods

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 5, 2022, 4:47 pm

parts of Bkk have been and some remain badly flooded .. i got caught up in the mayhem recently ..starngely not reported to much in the news ... possibly because ''they'' have spent zillions of baht on flood prevention in the capital so it doesnt flood anymore .. really it doesnt ..

Yatsothon province was also very badly effected when i transited a week ago .. as is Chaiyaphum and the central plains.

a few more wet weeks n they its the lovely cool dry season ..my fav time of the year.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 6, 2022, 11:28 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 5, 2022, 4:47 pm
parts of Bkk have been and some remain badly flooded .. i got caught up in the mayhem recently ..starngely not reported to much in the news ... possibly because ''they'' have spent zillions of baht on flood prevention in the capital so it doesnt flood anymore .. really it doesnt ..

Yatsothon province was also very badly effected when i transited a week ago .. as is Chaiyaphum and the central plains.

a few more wet weeks n they its the lovely cool dry season ..my fav time of the year.

DM
[/quoteparts of Bkk have been and some remain badly flooded .. i got caught up in the mayhem recently Pity Yer Didn't go for a Dip & Get Cholera Or Something !!]

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 7, 2022, 6:24 am

747man wrote:
September 6, 2022, 11:28 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
[/quoteparts of Bkk have been and some remain badly flooded .. i got caught up in the mayhem recently Pity Yer Didn't go for a Dip & Get Cholera Or Something !!]
Not very nice Alan .. i know a soi dog in Bkk that got cholera and died.

Back in the real world , forecast a nice day today after which its going pear shaped again with heavy rain and flooding likely for a few days... lower Isaan and the central plains worst hit , flooding from Saraburi to Korat , Surin as far as sisaket and Ubon and the long and pot holed Det Udom HW 24 also flooded in places.

Could this next rain front be the last of the season ??? i doubt it .

DM

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » September 7, 2022, 10:54 am

Rained heavily all night in BKK with more forecast today. It felt like a night out in Manchester apart from the fact that the ladies in mini skirts didnt look like hippos.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 7, 2022, 12:17 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 7, 2022, 6:24 am
747man wrote:
September 6, 2022, 11:28 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
Not very nice Alan .. i know a soi dog in Bkk that got cholera and died.

Back in the real world , forecast a nice day today after which its going pear shaped again with heavy rain and flooding likely for a few days... lower Isaan and the central plains worst hit , flooding from Saraburi to Korat , Surin as far as sisaket and Ubon and the long and pot holed Det Udom HW 24 also flooded in places.

Could this next rain front be the last of the season ??? i doubt it .

DM
Not very nice Alan ..After Some of the THINGS You said about me recently on HERE that's NOTHING !!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 7, 2022, 5:28 pm

samster wrote:
September 7, 2022, 10:54 am
Rained heavily all night in BKK with more forecast today. It felt like a night out in Manchester apart from the fact that the ladies in mini skirts didnt look like hippos.
Only rains on the unwashed, grin and bear it !! hahaha

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 7, 2022, 7:22 pm

samster wrote:
September 7, 2022, 10:54 am
Ladies?

Ummm...ok.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 7, 2022, 7:40 pm

Just chatting with a bizz colleague in Bkk and its been.pissing down solid for ages ..many parts of the city are flooded n its traffic chaos ...AGAIN .. not alot on the evening news tho ..strange

Im sure you had a pleasant eveny samster ...taking in many of the cultural attractions the metroplis has to offer ..btw hows yer finger ??

Dm

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » September 8, 2022, 1:04 pm

Attachments
Flood bangkok.jpg
bangkok flood.jpg
bangkok flood.jpg (31.01 KiB) Viewed 2296 times
Last edited by mak on September 9, 2022, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » September 9, 2022, 8:34 am

Rayong.
Fifteen students on a songthaew truck in Thailand’s eastern province of Rayong got caught in a flood in the main city district.
https://thethaiger.com/news/eastern-tha ... in-run-off
Attachments
Rayong 2.jpg
Rayong 1.jpg
Last edited by mak on September 9, 2022, 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » September 9, 2022, 9:39 am

Swampy.
Runway flooded.
An Airbus A380 aircraft landed on the runway at Bangkok’s Don Mueang International rt (DMK) for the first time ever yesterday. The Emirates flight was redirected to Bangkok’s smaller airport due to heavy rainfall disrupting the runway at Suvarnabhumi Airport.
Attachments
A380 DMK.jpg

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 9, 2022, 10:54 am

Suvarnabum was built on swampy ground, expected nothing less. PPP and Poor Implementation

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 10, 2022, 8:09 am

Khun Paul wrote:
September 9, 2022, 10:54 am
Suvarnabum was built on swampy ground, expected nothing less. PPP and Poor Implementation
Bish bash bosh...

Are there any reports of actual runway flooding at BKK? It's been operating for 16 years and I don't recall flooding ever being an issue in the past despite being "built on swampy ground." It never flooded during the 'great flood' of 2011 that did put the runways at DMK underwater and saw aircraft diverted to BKK.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 10, 2022, 8:18 am

At 9.40pm, flight EK363 from Guangzhou in China descended on DMK after the runway became impassible at Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Thailand’s biggest and busiest airport. It is the first time an Airbus A380 has ever landed at DMK.

The plane circled Bangkok’s skies for 50 minutes waiting for weather conditions to improve, but they didn’t. Several flights were unable to land or take off at Suvarnabhumi for several hours last night due to heavy and continuous rainfall.

The aircraft landed safely on DMK’s west runway (21R) at 9.40pm before refuelling and flying over to Suvarnabhumi at 1.08am when the rain had subsided somewhat.

https://thethaiger.com/news/bangkok/air ... -time-ever

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » September 10, 2022, 8:28 am

At 9.40pm, flight EK363 from Guangzhou in China descended on DMK after the runway became impassable at Suvarnabhumi International Airport.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgtDJVRcypA
Last edited by mak on September 10, 2022, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 10, 2022, 8:58 am

So the runway wasn't flooded.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 10, 2022, 9:22 am

I'm still waiting for the Udon tunnel to be flooded.......as predicted several years ago.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » September 10, 2022, 9:35 am

Pathum Thani.
Attachments
Pathum Thani 2.jpeg
Pathum Thani.jpeg

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » September 10, 2022, 9:38 am

tamada wrote:
September 10, 2022, 8:58 am
So the runway wasn't flooded.
the runway became impassable
At 2:19+ of the video you can see the taxiways are flooded. That's when the pilot went to full power and aborted the landing. Why Traffic Control gave the go ahead to land in the first pace is another question.

Return to “Thailand News”