Deadly Nightclub Fire in Sattahip

Thailand news, views and comments
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Deadly Nightclub Fire in Sattahip

Post by jackspratt » August 5, 2022, 2:16 pm

Fire breaks out in Thai nightclub, reportedly killing at least 13 and injuring dozens

At least 13 people have reportedly been killed and dozens injured when a fire broke out at a crowded music pub in eastern Thailand.......
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08-05/ ... /101306016

Earnest
udonmap.com

Re: Deadly Nightclub Fire in Sattahip

Post by Earnest » August 5, 2022, 4:40 pm

13 dead confirmed yet?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 5, 2022, 4:42 pm

I believe the number is 14 now......many more injured.
"the pub was unlicensed and operating illegally in an area not zoned for entertainment."

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » August 5, 2022, 5:11 pm

This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 6, 2022, 8:22 am

RIP to the deceased, again another case of those who could and should didn't, hence dead and injured due to lack of anyuthing remotely li9ke checks and enforcement. NOW I wonder who is responsible for that I ask myself ?????????????

mackayae
udonmap.com

Post by mackayae » August 12, 2022, 5:39 pm

25 year old Vietnamese lady in the hospital.
The young Thai soldier that saved her died.
She (her friend) took her in her own car to Bangkok Hospital Pattaya.
There she had to put a 50,000 baht deposit down before they would accept her friend for treatment.
Attachments
M B 3.jpeg
M B 2.jpeg
M B 1.jpeg

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 12, 2022, 7:30 pm

In September 2007 i was in a gas explosion in Pattaya .. i spent 16 days in Bkk/Patt hospital in IUC , i had 40% second degree burns and had 15 operations and skin scrubs / gratfs .. i was moved to QS Naval burns hospital after my insurance maxed out at 1.7 mil .. i spent another 13 weeks and 4 more surgeries that cost 107k ..
Bkk Pattaya had me waiting in AnE hanging over ice ice bath requesting my insurance details before they would proceed , my 2 mates Patrick a Belgian and Tomas a Swede were present and sorted out my insurance confirmation from both my card in my wallet and my father back in the UK who also guaranteed payments .. after what seemed like an age i was lowered into the ice bath and drips put into noth my feet as my hands were badly burnt .. henceforth NOTHING NOTHING surprises me abot private hospitals especially Bkk franchise as their moral duty for care is overiden by money every time.

The service i received at the QS was exceptional .. and at my lowest point i can recall having some fantastic friends who kept me going .. and took care of my then 5 year old son.

brings back bad memories re the hospital though

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » August 12, 2022, 8:55 pm

Oh, no. Oh, heavens no. This f'n place is paradise. Perhaps you didn't offer the hospital reception a bottle of whiskey, or maybe you weren't dressed well enough for humane treatment. Ask the Oracle, he'll tell you.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 13, 2022, 6:49 am

Giggle wrote:
August 12, 2022, 8:55 pm
Oh, no. Oh, heavens no. This f'n place is paradise. Perhaps you didn't offer the hospital reception a bottle of whiskey, or maybe you weren't dressed well enough for humane treatment. Ask the Oracle, he'll tell you.
Oh dear ..

You seem to have so much experience living here giggle , remind me again how long have resided here perminently ... i digress strangely enough you fookin plum i bypassed reception and the whiskey hand out as i was taken directly into A n E due to the state i was in ., i had gone into shock and was semi conscious... my clothes were for the most part burnt off or cut off en route so cant of been that either :shock:

Paradise it remains in my opinion and after 22 years here I try not to slag off Thais n Thailand and treat their foibles as a joke rather than getting nasty and spew xenophobic comments like some , (i can think of one member who does it constantly)..

i posted my experience as a follow up to a similar case re the recent Mountain B fire not for any sympathy :lol:

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 13, 2022, 10:17 am

DM, Their foibles as you so politely call it is costing people their lives be it lack of REAL enforcement or just plain corruption .
Either way it does NOT take away living here is good but one has to wonder how and when the great and the good will actually start to change things for the local populace, which by the way includes us. as Foreigners that may visit many of these places and has to deal with the fallout from lack of Governmental control over any Enforcement .

We as foreigners can I am sure make sure that most of the places we visit are okay to ensure minimal problems but as we all know Thailand is full of surprises and for many serious injury or death is but a whisker away .
#

mackayae
udonmap.com

Post by mackayae » August 13, 2022, 10:32 am

Labor Minister gives check for 1MB to mother of bar manager who died in the fire.
He had escaped but went back in to help others.
Attachments
M B 4.jpeg

mackayae
udonmap.com

Post by mackayae » August 13, 2022, 10:38 am

The victim has now been transferred to a state hospital after her Thai friend could no longer afford to pay more medical bills.
The victim’s sister reportedly managed to raise 46 million Vietnamese dong (around 70,000 baht). Another 60,000 baht has been raised by the victim’s Thai friend, Apinya Mongkolsin, from Thai donors, who had paid the private hospital a 50,000 baht down payment so they would admit the victim. The state hospitals in Chon Buri had reportedly refused to admit her due to lack of the special facilities required by severely-burned victims.
A 50,000 baht deposit ….. (Bangkok Hospital Pattaya)…. was required before they would accept her friend for treatment.
The hospital … (increased to) ….. 630,614.80 baht.
….. a further 150,000 baht …. (was paid to the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya).
Apinya said she wants the owner of Mountain B to do more to help and pay the entire bill.
So far .. (the owner of Mountain B) …… has paid 10,000 baht ..
Apinya noted that her friend is a foreign national so does not have the same rights to care as Thais.
"Sia B" (owner of Mountain B) has promised to do more to help and done plenty of "wai-ing" and making merit outside his burned out facility.
In a related story the Labour Ministry …. (presented) ….. a large million baht check at a photo-op at the funeral of a brave manager who was killed helping victims in the fire.

He was Thai and eligible for work related benefits.

mackayae
udonmap.com

Post by mackayae » August 13, 2022, 4:15 pm

18th victim,"Mind", passes away, 17 years old.

Dinh Kim Le is one of the survivors who was rescued by the Naval officer Pralitdet Chumngern. The officer was officially pronounced dead, August 11th, and marks the 17th fatality of the tragic Mountain B club fire.
Attachments
M B 5.jpg

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » August 14, 2022, 10:58 am

The government was offering 4,000 baht in compensation for those injured (about 0.7% of her bills so far) and Sia B, the owner who was freed on 300,000 baht bail already, pledged to pay 10,000 baht to each injured victim, about 1.5% of her current medical bills.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 18, 2022, 1:58 am

mak wrote:
August 14, 2022, 10:58 am
The government was offering 4,000 baht in compensation for those injured (about 0.7% of her bills so far) and Sia B, the owner who was freed on 300,000 baht bail already, pledged to pay 10,000 baht to each injured victim, about 1.5% of her current medical bills.
Same government that blew a million on one-off compo to the family of the dead manager of the illegal club?

I see.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 18, 2022, 6:47 am

Life is considered cheap here and NOW we see how the Government views it ......Despicable !!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 18, 2022, 11:50 am

Khun Paul wrote:
August 18, 2022, 6:47 am
Life is considered cheap here ......
What evidence do you have to make that assumption?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 18, 2022, 5:27 pm

jackspratt wrote:
August 18, 2022, 11:50 am
Khun Paul wrote:
August 18, 2022, 6:47 am
Life is considered cheap here ......
What evidence do you have to make that assumption?

Are your comments based on anything other than lets see just how silly I can be . When you consider the Announced payout to victims etc ...Life is Cheap here do not need a Phd coupled with scientific and actual; date to see that in this country.
But I forget you are so intelligent you are unable to understand commonsense. Please try harder , thankyou

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 18, 2022, 8:21 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
August 18, 2022, 5:27 pm

Are your comments based on anything other than lets see just how silly I can be .
I already know how silly you can be - you have demonstrated that time after time.

You have used the expression "life is cheap here" on numerous occasions previously on UM - nothing to do with government payouts.

I was at a funeral earlier on, for a respected music teacher at the local high school. The thousand or so in attendance didn't give any indication of considering his life to be cheap - just the opposite.

Neither have I seen it demonstrated at other funerals I have attended, or in general village life.

In the context you repeatedly use it, it is a nasty and bigoted expression. Hopefully you will wake up to this, although I don't hold much hope.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 19, 2022, 8:58 am

Life is cheap refers to the payouts of victims etc, nothing to do with how a person is viewed by others

Return to “Thailand News”