Thais favour dropping masks & extending nightlife curfew

Thailand news, views and comments
tamada
udonmap.com

Thais favour dropping masks & extending nightlife curfew

Post by tamada » June 12, 2022, 12:32 pm

...but no mention of the Emergency Decree.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/dr ... ife-curfew

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Thais favour dropping masks & extending nightlife curfew

Post by Khun Paul » June 12, 2022, 5:16 pm

Well as the newest problem Monkeypox is also able to be transmitted via airborne droplets, I will keep my own counsel .

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » June 12, 2022, 7:58 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
June 12, 2022, 5:16 pm
Well as the newest problem Monkeypox is also able to be transmitted via airborne droplets, I will keep my own counsel.
Feel free, but it's transmitted only through direct contact with bodily fluids or very close face-to-face contact. Read the first paragraph of this: https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2022 ... ssion.html.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 12, 2022, 8:18 pm

You should be safe so long as you stay out of the gay Spanish bars for a few weeks

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 13, 2022, 7:12 am

Udon Map wrote:
June 12, 2022, 7:58 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
Well as the newest problem Monkeypox is also able to be transmitted via airborne droplets, I will keep my own counsel.
Feel free, but it's transmitted only through direct contact with bodily fluids or very close face-to-face contact. Read the first paragraph of this: https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2022 ... ssion.html.
Well there you are another case opf typical MIS-information, although the old transmission was THOUGHT to be by he way you stated, recently it was found it is also AIRBORNE, which makes it transmissable by anyone to anyone .
So unless you are positive about your statement , suggest you take precautions, but then what the world does , does not affect the American Nation , as you even had a President who said Covid was nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » June 13, 2022, 7:41 am

Khun Paul wrote:
June 13, 2022, 7:12 am
Udon Map wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
. . . . although the old transmission was THOUGHT to be by he way you stated, recently it was found it is also AIRBORNE, which makes it transmissable by anyone to anyone.
Would you provide a reputable source for your information, please?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/09/health/m ... index.html

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 13, 2022, 5:57 pm

Udon Map wrote:
June 13, 2022, 7:41 am
Khun Paul wrote:
Udon Map wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
. . . . although the old transmission was THOUGHT to be by he way you stated, recently it was found it is also AIRBORNE, which makes it transmissable by anyone to anyone.

British National Health Service advice, it is in English.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 14, 2022, 7:13 am

From WHO
Regarding transmissabilioty Monkey pox Written in english

While transmission can occur in a number of different ways, it’s thought to happen primarily through large respiratory droplets, per the CDC, which states that “prolonged face-to-face” contact is required for this to occur. These droplets cannot travel more than a few feet, per the CDC, and they can be stopped by surgical masks, SELF previously reported.

The WHO says that, while monkeypox transmission likely differs from COVID-19 transmission, ​the “general precautionary measures recommended against COVID-19” are expected to protect people from monkeypox virus transmission too.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 14, 2022, 7:23 am

More info from the CDC ( America )
The route of transmission from animal-to-animal may occur through respiratory droplets, inhalation of aerosolized virus or organic matter containing virus particles (e.g., via the disturbance of virus in contaminated bedding), skin abrasions, the eye, or through the ingestion of infected animal tissue.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » June 14, 2022, 9:12 am

Khun Paul wrote:
June 13, 2022, 5:57 pm
Udon Map wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Udon Map wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

I actually do read, write and understand English. Quite well, I might add, your rude, arrogant, and condescending attitude notwithstanding. Since you didn't have the courtesy to provide a link to your source, I scouted around the NHS website myself. And here's what I found:
There have been some recent cases in the UK, but the risk of catching it is low.
Monkeypox can also spread from person to person through:
● touching clothing, bedding or towels used by someone with the monkeypox rash
● touching monkeypox skin blisters or scabs (including during sex)
● the coughs or sneezes of a person with the monkeypox rash
And perhaps most significantly,
You're extremely unlikely to have monkeypox if:
● you have not been in close contact (such as touching their skin or sharing bedding) with someone who has monkeypox or has monkeypox symptoms
● you have not recently travelled to west or central Africa
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/monkeypox/

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 14, 2022, 9:42 am

Having provided links you still publically say I did not, sad but as you are the moderator and can do whatever you like. Have a good day

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » June 14, 2022, 9:47 am

Khun Paul wrote:
June 14, 2022, 9:42 am
Having provided links you still publically say I did not, sad but as you are the moderator and can do whatever you like. Have a good day
Didn't see any links in your June 13, 2022, 5:57 pm post where you told me about the NHS source of your info. And I DO read English!

(BTW, it's "publicly" not "publically". But you're the English expert, of course, not me.)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 14, 2022, 4:49 pm

After inserting MY TWO sources at 0814 you posted your post which was telling me off. IOt is not my fault you do not read posts, but you seem quick enough when a BAD word is used`.
If you are commenting on a post politeness dictates you read it wll not just cherry pick....now who told me that....oh yes ..YOU DID some years ago. Practice what you Preach !!

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » June 14, 2022, 11:51 pm

OK, hands up if we have any members on here who can't read English. How about Dezzer and Watchman - keeping up at the back or do you still need Alan to read the sports pages for you?

For those not able to read English, please form an orderly queue behind Giggles and we'll get you on that 767 to Rwanda this evening, plenty of seats available.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » June 15, 2022, 10:36 am

Khun Paul wrote:
June 14, 2022, 4:49 pm
After inserting MY TWO sources at 0814 you posted your post which was telling me off. IOt is not my fault you do not read posts, but you seem quick enough when a BAD word is used`.
If you are commenting on a post politeness dictates you read it wll not just cherry pick....now who told me that....oh yes ..YOU DID some years ago. Practice what you Preach !!
I don't see any post from you in here at 0814, in English or any other language. Perhaps you would be kind enough to point me to it?

Separately, happy to match spelling and grammar with you any time.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 15, 2022, 10:41 am

Udon Map wrote:
June 14, 2022, 9:12 am
Khun Paul wrote:
June 13, 2022, 5:57 pm
Udon Map wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Udon Map wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

I actually do read, write and understand English. Quite well, I might add, your rude, arrogant, and condescending attitude notwithstanding. Since you didn't have the courtesy to provide a link to your source, I scouted around the NHS website myself. And here's what I found:
There have been some recent cases in the UK, but the risk of catching it is low.
Monkeypox can also spread from person to person through:
● touching clothing, bedding or towels used by someone with the monkeypox rash
● touching monkeypox skin blisters or scabs (including during sex)
● the coughs or sneezes of a person with the monkeypox rash
And perhaps most significantly,
You're extremely unlikely to have monkeypox if:
● you have not been in close contact (such as touching their skin or sharing bedding) with someone who has monkeypox or has monkeypox symptoms
● you have not recently travelled to west or central Africa
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/monkeypox/
15 - love
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 15, 2022, 10:41 am

Udon Map wrote:
June 14, 2022, 9:47 am
Khun Paul wrote:
June 14, 2022, 9:42 am
Didn't see any links in your June 13, 2022, 5:57 pm post where you told me about the NHS source of your info. And I DO read English!

(BTW, it's "publicly" not "publically". But you're the English expert, of course, not me.)
30 - love
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 15, 2022, 10:42 am

Udon Map wrote:
June 15, 2022, 10:36 am
Khun Paul wrote:
June 14, 2022, 4:49 pm
I don't see any post from you in here at 0814, in English or any other language. Perhaps you would be kind enough to point me to it?

Separately, happy to match spelling and grammar with you any time.
40 - love

c'mon KP!!!
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 15, 2022, 11:28 am

Not interested in baiting an American at any time, what is the point, most of them feel entitled about something or other most of the time. Their little successes make them feel superior . Keeps them happy in their playpens.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » June 15, 2022, 11:59 am

Khun Paul wrote:
June 15, 2022, 11:28 am
Not interested in baiting an American at any time, what is the point, most of them feel entitled about something or other most of the time. Their little successes make them feel superior . Keeps them happy in their playpens.
Q.E.D.

Return to “Thailand News”