Who can we blame ????

Thailand news, views and comments
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Who can we blame ????

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 26, 2022, 9:02 pm

Thai superstar drowns ...

The story .. mega star n socialite Dang mo falls off back ov s speed boat having a piss cos the bogs on board were fooked .. she was pissed and allegedly had taken drugs .. body found today ..now who is to blame ??? I feel.the boat owner may be in hot water ..

I digress .. all over Thaland youngsters die in klongs n bore bonds every DAY.. the fact this is a drugged up pissed up superstar makes not a jot of difference ..why is her life more important than anyone else ? ..yet this is dominating the thai news networks in the last 24 36 hrs ..

Only an observation as n expat looking in .. very sad but a life is alife isnt it ?
KP please dont respond its a too predicable .. focus on the the politics , war n teachong stuff obviodly your area of ecpertize

Apolgies for typos im.on my phone cos traveling

Dm
Last edited by Drunk Monkey on February 26, 2022, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Who can we blame ????

Post by tamada » February 26, 2022, 9:07 pm

She wasn't even a superstar any more.

In other news, a train carrying potatoes derailed outside Inverurie this afternoon. Passenger train services to Inverness have been replaced by bus services.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » February 27, 2022, 12:48 am

Now, now DM. This subject. of course, merits some further quality analysis from KP. While I see the world a bit differently from KP, I enjoy his old school views.

This death is yet another reminder of the dangers of illicit drugs and irresponsible alcohol consumption.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » February 27, 2022, 7:20 am

From Mrs Dero:- "Som Non Na". Apparently she was a VERY one eyed Yellow Shirt with nothing good to say about the Isaan population.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 27, 2022, 7:22 am

This sad story highlights society in general, we have so-called superstars offering advice and ideas and thoughts on almost any subject and people listen to them avidly.
It would appear scanning the news this AM, that the Speedboat driver is being charged, however I can tell you from experience had the passengers been properly checked and wearing life-jackets then whatever happens she would have probably survived, unless she was caught in the boats propellers.
A sad ending to an otherwise promising career, RIP to this lady, sad but not surprising considering the number of fatal of accidents relating to boats here in Thailand .

DM I will comment on anything I wish to, sorry if that offends you , get over it .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 27, 2022, 7:40 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:
February 27, 2022, 7:20 am
From Mrs Dero:- "Som Non Na". Apparently she was a VERY one eyed Yellow Shirt with nothing good to say about the Isaan population.
Yes it appears she was a tad hiso and a legend in her own mind , quite a few negative comments flying around on SM. The story still dominating the Thai news channels and will until the next one comes along .. there is a huge list of so called chisel chops and surgically remodeled " superstars " (Darla) who simply by getting covid make the news... i cant watch Thai soaps and game shows etc so tedious and the acting is terrible.

The boat owner / driver will cop for this ..

Sad story n RIP to the young lady regardless of her lifestyle and views..

KP i nearly agree with you on some thing :shock:

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 27, 2022, 8:02 am

The Aberdeen-Inverness line has been reopened.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » February 27, 2022, 9:11 am

The boat operator should not have been hiring out the boat if the toilet was out of order. I mean....exactly how much trouble would it have been to just fix the darn thing. We all know how Thais feel about maintaining things like toilets. Secondly, the group of friends should never have taken the excursion on a boat with no toilet, especially if they knew they would be drinking and would need to use the toilet. Also, they should have been wearing life-preservers. After all...they're there to "preserve life"! How stupid can one get? Decisions have consequences, and unfortunately, several bad decisions were made on that day.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 27, 2022, 9:51 am

In a way, it reminds me of the way Natalie Wood died...hungover or drunk...on a boat...and fell into the water

https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... n%20waters.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » February 27, 2022, 10:40 am

I lost a dear friend in the same manner some decades ago, while she was on the way to Fiji. Middle of the night going for a waz off the stern.. Had another friend fall overboard in a storm and all we found months later was his boat drifting in the middle of the ocean, with his dog locked in the cabin..

in both cases, and this Bangkok one, the sight of seeing the boat sail away while you are floundering around in the water, must be one of absolute panic..

a simple life jacket, and the Thai lady may still be alive..

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 28, 2022, 9:07 pm

And still the tangmo saga rumbles on dominating the Thai news networks .. imagine if there was a real war happening to replace this story .. oh hang on .. Eurppean wars dont seem.to make the front pages or disturb the soap n pop stars here....

Dm

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 28, 2022, 9:22 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 28, 2022, 9:07 pm
And still the tangmo saga rumbles on dominating the Thai news networks .. imagine if there was a real war happening to replace this story .. oh hang on .. Eurppean wars dont seem.to make the front pages or disturb the soap n pop stars here....

Dm
I think it's her mum that's stirring the pot on this, vaguely suggesting all sorts of skulduggery while offering absolutely nothing tangible to support the claims. These buggers live their lives like the lagorns and rubbish movies that they 'star' in. Now the RTP say they are going to use lie detectors on the boat driver and other passengers.

Did you know that staged wrestling matches between Americans and Japanese that were broadcast on television in post-war Japan were integral to Japan's successful reintegration into the world? Powerful thing the telly. Look at the numbers tuning in for 'Strictly' in all its globally franchised versions.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 28, 2022, 9:36 pm

Not only dominating Thai TV ..... but Udon Map Forum as well.

Sigh .....

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 28, 2022, 10:11 pm

jackspratt wrote:
February 28, 2022, 9:36 pm
Not only dominating Thai TV ..... but Udon Map Forum as well.

Sigh .....
Hardley jack get a grip .. a few posts highligthing the story on Udon map is a tad different to every Thai news channel.offering hours of debate n follow up ..SPECULATION..agree Tam ut appears the mother is sh8t stirring .. and as the OP (smashing guy) suggests

WHO CAN WE BLAME .. ?? .. as the bread winnwr is brown bread !! ..thus leaving an income vacuum to be filled by the unfortnate boat owner ..

DM

ajsp9
udonmap.com

Post by ajsp9 » February 28, 2022, 11:11 pm

Yes, my wife was talking about this on Saturday. Seems Thai superstars are held in such high regard by some. I reminded her not to be too sad as there was a pile of washing and ironing that needed doing whilst I was headed out to watch the rugby.......only one superstar in our house. 8) 8)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 1, 2022, 7:31 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:

Dm
Not sur[prising with the POOR level of reporting and the Thai addiction to scandal and rhetoric the TRUTH is often forgotten about for sensationalism

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 1, 2022, 7:36 am

Khun Paul wrote:
March 1, 2022, 7:31 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Dm
Not sur[prising with the POOR level of reporting and the Thai addiction to scandal and rhetoric the TRUTH is often forgotten about for sensationalism
As jack suggested earlier, not uncommon even on this forum.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 2, 2022, 9:57 pm

Anyone keeping up to date on this?

Earlier, the police had removed the propeller for forensic examination since there was a theory that it cut Tangmo's leg. They then reattached the propeller so they could stage a reenactment. However, the propeller fell off and was lost in the river. Another one was brought out so they could do the reenactment.

Having stuffed up the 'crime scene', the police now reckon they'll just charge everyone on the boat with some sort of negligence.

YCMTSU
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 2, 2022, 10:39 pm

I saw footage of the reenactment a couple of days ago using "a similar sized speedboat" with her friend acting her part "as best as she could remember".

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 3, 2022, 7:30 am

And still this story rumbles o on Thai TV .. hours of it again last night and the mother being very angry and vocal ..

IMO a very sad accident in which a young lady lost her life , alas being who she was is blowing this out of all preportion and the family seem to one to keep it front page.

Looking like Boat driver and passengers on the boat will be charged with something .. as Tam suggests negligence as not wearing a life vest ... tho sitting on the back of a speeding speed boat dangling legs in the dirty river isnt the best choice of things to do.

Im guessing more on the news today with talk shows booked and aftermath of a funeral

DM

Return to “Thailand News”