Traffic Enforcement Fantasy

Thailand news, views and comments
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Traffic Enforcement Fantasy

Post by stattointhailand » February 16, 2022, 5:46 pm

What makes you think the quality of cables they use will be any better than now? We have had a minimum of about 10 and max of about 50 power cuts a year over the last 20 years .... EVERY YEAR.
If you add in all the other (non electricity) companies that have cables that will be buried (we dont get to see most of their repairs/upgrades), I suspect chaos will soon follow, especially during rainy season as water proofing anything here is at the very least "suspect".

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » February 16, 2022, 11:01 pm

Yes, water proofing is a must ..... And the rats just love to chew on anything. have you seen the size of those monsters in Bangkok at night?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 17, 2022, 9:36 am

They buried the cables on Pattaya Klang maybe three years ago. I haven't read of any issues with frequent power outages or roads being dug up.

The cables on poles that are causing you frequent grief are mostly old cables on old poles. Our moobahn had low voltage every evening for 15 years until they reconnected us to the brand new grid around this time last year.

Just because it's been scheiße for the last 20 years doesn't mean it's going to be scheiße for the next 20 years.

Glass half-full.
tam
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 17, 2022, 1:33 pm

"Just because it's been scheiße for the last 20 years doesn't mean it's going to be scheiße for the next 20 years.

Glass half-full.
tam"

Whilst agreeing with the sentiment ......... I still wouldn't put my pension on it :lol:

Glass half empty and needs a top up

Return to “Thailand News”