Post by Doodoo » October 20, 2021, 2:02 am

Non-immigrant visa applicants required to have ฿3m health insurance
October 19, 2021

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/non-immigr ... Lcf0UNBnWo

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Re: Insurance requirements up to 3Million baht

Post by Bandung_Dero » October 20, 2021, 6:49 am

This is not new, was implemented over 12 months ago for people applying for an OA (12 month retirement) visa from an foreign embassy. Does not apply to O visa extensions be they retirement or marriage.

The topic was beaten to death in these pages at the time!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 20, 2021, 7:55 am

OH Band
This is a NEW POLICY, read on
" Foreigners currently residing in Thailand on an O-A retirement visa will be permitted to extend their visa under the old guidelines until the 31st of August 2022 (an insurance policy of 400,000 THB Inpatient coverage (including outpatient coverage of 40,000 THB). However, commencing 1st September 2022 onwards, ALL Long Stay Visa holders will be required to move to the new criteria – an insurance policy that provides 3 million THB Inpatient coverage which includes all kinds of medical treatment (both in-house patient and out-patient) including COVID-19."

https://thaiexpathealth.com/what-are-th ... -thailand/

HOPE THIS HELPS

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 20, 2021, 8:20 am

God morning !

Well,they want wealthy Farangs to come here,they said.I'm NOT,but to maybe have to leave because of this "new"/updated requirements,all depending on HOW much money i have to splash out for this 3 Million bath insurance,time will tell.
But i have to say it was expected..I fully understand that Thailand and the Goverment..rich people ONLY ;-)BTW,i have a Insurance with Thai Insurance,so will have to wait and see how they will apply there terms and conditions as an answer to what the Goverment want to applye..until then..Last word hasn't be told/written yet i belive.

Thanks for the headsup/Info..Have a great day everyone..//Alfie..:-)

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 20, 2021, 8:53 am

Where does it say anything about O visa ?
Sorry if I need this to be highlighted
Maybe my poor english

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 20, 2021, 9:00 am

O-A Nothing about O

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 20, 2021, 9:09 am

It states that ALL Long Stay Visas will be required to have a 3 million baht insurance policy after September 1, 2022. I'm not going to try and interpret that.

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » October 20, 2021, 9:16 am

However, commencing 1st September 2022 onwards, ALL Long Stay Visa holders will be required to move to the new criteria – an insurance policy that provides 3 million THB Inpatient coverage which includes all kinds of medical treatment (both in-house patient and out-patient) including COVID-19.
no comments from my side.
wait and see what will happen....
:-k

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 20, 2021, 9:54 am

DELETED..DUBBELPOST.. :oops:

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 20, 2021, 10:05 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
October 20, 2021, 8:20 am
God morning !

Well,they want wealthy Farangs to come here,they said.I'm NOT,but to maybe have to leave because of this "new"/updated requirements,all depending on HOW much money i have to splash out for this 3 Million bath insurance,time will tell.
But i have to say it was expected..I fully understand that Thailand and the Goverment..rich people ONLY ;-)BTW,i have a Insurance with Thai Insurance,so will have to wait and see how they will apply there terms and conditions as an answer to what the Goverment want to applye..until then..Last word hasn't be told/written yet i belive.

EDIT:Maybe to soon to speculate,BUT Immi don't want to loose some of their money they get from VISA Agents,me thinking..so maybe we can expect some extra "dosh"have to be paid to get an OK whitout actually have the REAL deal expensive Insurance..To much money to loose for all those how are "dependet"on help from agents and their "service".One thing thats seems to be moved is that SOMETHING like goalposts have been moved again..Just adapt i guess..or leave.What's your thaught guys?

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 20, 2021, 10:21 am

my thoughts? Just more money to be spent for a bureaucratic requirement. I've got my own Stateside insurance but that isn't accpetable since the authorities required "government approved" companies only. Anybody heard immigration accepting policies other than the approved ones? That's not counting bogus visa broker provided accounts..
Dave

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 20, 2021, 10:28 am

I guess it would depend on the intent of their meaning for "ALL Long Stay Visa holders". Is just ALL O-A visas, or ALL of the long stay visas; Elite, non immigrant O, Marriage? Not wishing anything bad on anyone, but I am hoping if it does go into effect it only applies to O-A visas.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 20, 2021, 10:46 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
October 20, 2021, 10:05 am
DuiDui49 wrote:
October 20, 2021, 8:20 am
God morning !

EDIT:Maybe to soon to speculate,BUT Immi don't want to loose some of their money they get from VISA Agents,me thinking..so maybe we can expect some extra "dosh"have to be paid to get an OK whitout actually have the REAL deal expensive Insurance..To much money to loose for all those how are "dependet"on help from agents and their "service".One thing thats seems to be moved is that SOMETHING like goalposts have been moved again..Just adapt i guess..or leave.What's your thoughts guys?

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » October 20, 2021, 10:58 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
October 20, 2021, 10:28 am
I guess it would depend on the intent of their meaning for "ALL Long Stay Visa holders". Is just ALL O-A visas, or ALL of the long stay visas; Elite, non immigrant O, Marriage? Not wishing anything bad on anyone, but I am hoping if it does go into effect it only applies to O-A visas.
According to the Thailand Visa website, only the O-A visa is designated as "long stay".

Non-Immigrant Visa O-A (long stay)

NON-IMMIGRANT VISA Category “O-A” (Long Stay)

This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years or over who wish to stay in Thailand for a period NOT exceeding 1 year without the intention of working. Holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 1 year. Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.

Non-Immigrant Visa O (others)

NON-IMMIGRANT VISA Category "O" (Other)

This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for the following purposes:
(Purpose 1) to perform duty or mission in the family of an alien who enters to stay temporarily in Thailand in accordance with Section 34 (1) (2) (5) (6) (7) (10) (11) (12) (13) and (14) of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) as the parents, spouse or child under patronage or being a part of the household of the said person or being a private servant under Section 15 (7)
(Purpose 2) to provide or receive support from the person whose nationality is Thai or the alien who has been granted and has taken up permanent residence in Thailand as the parents, spouse or child under patronage and being a part of the household of the said person
(Purpose 3) to perform volunteering duties for the state enterprise, social welfare organizations, NGO, or other non-profit organisations/foundations/associations
(Purpose 4) to stay in Thailand after retirement for the elderly (at least 50 years of age)
(Purpose 5) A person who used to have Thai nationality and wish to visit Thai relatives or to return to live in Thailand
(Purpose 6) to receive medical treatment for more than 60 days
(Purpose 7) to be a sport trainer as required by the Thai Government
(Purpose 8) to be a contestant or a witness for the judicial process
Last edited by Shado on October 20, 2021, 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 20, 2021, 11:02 am

Shado wrote:
October 20, 2021, 10:58 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
October 20, 2021, 10:28 am
According to the Thailand Visa website, only the O-A visa is designated as "long stay".

Non-Immigrant Visa O-A (long stay)

NON-IMMIGRANT VISA Category “O-A” (Long Stay)

This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years or over who wish to stay in Thailand for a period NOT exceeding 1 year without the intention of working. Holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 1 year. Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.

Non-Immigrant Visa O (others)

NON-IMMIGRANT VISA Category "O" (Other)

This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for the following purposes:
(Purpose 1) to perform duty or mission in the family of an alien who enters to stay temporarily in Thailand in accordance with Section 34 (1) (2) (5) (6) (7) (10) (11) (12) (13) and (14) of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) as the parents, spouse or child under patronage or being a part of the household of the said person or being a private servant under Section 15 (7)
(Purpose 2) to provide or receive support from the person whose nationality is Thai or the alien who has been granted and has taken up permanent residence in Thailand as the parents, spouse or child under patronage and being a part of the household of the said person
(Purpose 3) to perform volunteering duties for the state enterprise, social welfare organizations, NGO, or other non-profit organisations/foundations/associations
(Purpose 4) to stay in Thailand after retirement for the elderly (at least 50 years of age)
(Purpose 5) A person who used to have Thai nationality and wish to visit Thai relatives or to return to live in Thailand
(Purpose 6) to receive medical treatment for more than 60 days
(Purpose 7) to be a sport trainer as required by the Thai Government
(Purpose 8) to be a contestant or a witness for the judicial process
Thank you for that information sir. My intention is go to the Elite route, so that would not be considered long stay either.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 20, 2021, 11:09 am

Ken it does not indicate that ALL LONG STAY, nee insurance it indicated that those applying for an O-A visa

all foreigners applying for their first O-A retirement visa

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » October 20, 2021, 11:17 am

Thank you for that information sir. My intention is go to the Elite route, so that would not be considered long stay either.
I don't know. I've held only the "O-A" and "O" visas while living in Thailand.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 20, 2021, 11:20 am

Doodoo wrote:
October 20, 2021, 11:09 am
Ken it does not indicate that ALL LONG STAY, nee insurance it indicated that those applying for an O-A visa

all foreigners applying for their first O-A retirement visa
It does state commencing September 1, 2022, ALL Long Stay Visa holders will have to meet the new 3 million baht insurance criteria. I kind of thought that they were only referring to O-A visas, but I did not want to assume anything. I'm just glad that's the case though. I do feel bad for the O-A Visa holders though.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 20, 2021, 1:07 pm

The statement is not from a government department only an Expat club
it is all maybe what may happen down the track

Return to “Thailand News”