Thailand's Police

Thailand news, views and comments
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Thailand's Police

Post by jackspratt » August 26, 2021, 8:49 am

The rest of the story is well worth a read, although comments should probably be muted.

Jo Ferrari: Thai police boss Thitisan Utthanaphon wanted after video torture death goes viral, four other police officers arrested

Four Thai police officers have been charged with murder in connection with the deadly shakedown of a suspected drug dealer in their custody.

The group were arrested on Wednesday after a video clip of the incident shared on social media caused public outrage.

Three other officers are still sought in connection with the August 5 incident at their police station in the province of Nakhon Sawan, north of Bangkok.

A member of the group includes Thitisan Utthanaphon, a police colonel with the nickname "Jo Ferrari" because of his collection of expensive sports cars, Thai media reports.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-26/ ... /100408322

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Thailand's Police

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 26, 2021, 9:10 am

This has been huge news last 2 days since the vid went viral .. actual CCTV footage mysterously and anonnymously found it way to the defence lawyer ??? .. seems Inspector Joe n his crime surpression gang may be be in a tad of bother .. the fact Jo has done a runner doesnt bode well.

Authourities all over this case now and looking at the guys 175mil car collection and 100mil home even tho married to a Thai super star he will have some explaining to do very soon.

Probably get sorted by striking a deal with the family and a short prison term with early release.. TIT
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

chopperjoey
udonmap.com

Post by chopperjoey » August 26, 2021, 3:58 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 26, 2021, 9:10 am
This has been huge news last 2 days since the vid went viral .. actual CCTV footage mysterously and anonnymously found it way to the defence lawyer ??? .. seems Inspector Joe n his crime surpression gang may be be in a tad of bother .. the fact Jo has done a runner doesnt bode well.

Authourities all over this case now and looking at the guys 175mil car collection and 100mil home even tho married to a Thai super star he will have some explaining to do very soon.

Probably get sorted by striking a deal with the family and a short prison term with early release.. TIT
We only can hope and Pray to the good Lord above that these police will get a short prison time with early release.

So glad to live in Thailand where criminals still are treated as criminals. If the drug dealer is a yaba drug dealer (most likely) i have zero sympathy for the damage they to to innocent mostly young ppl.

In the west, violent criminals and hard drug dealers, are tolerated and even become role models for young people, and are protected by human rights groups and "humanitarians".

Duterte of the Philipines proved that UNFORTUNATELY only a very harsh aproach can clean up a drug infrested neighborhood. Human rights groups in the westcomplain, but the acual good citizens of theneighborhood, are MORE THAN HAPPY and relieved to live FREE OF FEAR from drug gangs and drug crimes.

I dont agree a 100% what these police did, but i wont lose sleep over it, and, tbis harsh attitude against hard drugs dealers, prevents a lot of misery and keeps our Thai society safe.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 26, 2021, 6:45 pm

I hope they make him go to a temple & make merit then transfer to an inactive post on full pay for a few months 🙄
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 26, 2021, 7:01 pm

I think Thaksin has already tried your approach chopper ......... that failed miserably to deal with the situation

I suggest paying the authorities a living wage, so as they are not tempted to "look the other way" would be a fairly reasonable place to start if you want to clear up the corruption =;

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 26, 2021, 7:16 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
August 26, 2021, 7:01 pm
I think Thaksin has already tried your approach chopper ......... that failed miserably to deal with the situation

I suggest paying the authorities a living wage, so as they are not tempted to "look the other way" would be a fairly reasonable place to start if you want to clear up the corruption =;

You can blame that approach on certain political/criminal bosses (chao pho) in Buriram and Kalisan. Thaksin had to give these guys a certain amount of leeway in their fiefdoms to maintain their support. This gave the bosses the opportunity to replace certain rival drug dealers with their own men. Of course, later on the Buriram boss withdrew his support from Thaksin under pressure from other stronger forces (name begins with a P and is four-letters long), and somehow or other Thaksin fell. But, that's a different story for a different time.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 26, 2021, 7:39 pm

chopperjoey wrote:
August 26, 2021, 3:58 pm

We only can hope and Pray to the good Lord above that these police will get a short prison time with early release.
Your "Criminality Meter" is a lot different to mine, chopper.

An (alleged) mid-level drug dealer vs a high level (alleged) corrupt policeman and murderer.

The local media have shown the multi-million Baht house of Jo Ferrai and numerous expensive vehicles garaged within. Done well on a policeman's salary.

The drug dealers can't exist in Thailand without the corrupt coppers, armed forces and politicians, and vice versa. They are equally a blight on society (IMO).

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 26, 2021, 8:07 pm

Very true Jack ..torture n murder in any situation is unacceptable

Whats more its common knowledge that various provinces have a more successful drug detection and surpression rate than others .. one province stands out amongst all others as being top of the pile ... its called forming a monopoly or wiping out the competition as the only dealers allowed to ply their evil.trade are the ones supplied by and controled by ?????????? ... ..i leave the rest to you.

Seems Mr Joe has been located and/ or hes handed himself in ..i think in Chonburi according to ch 32 thiarath news ..

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 26, 2021, 9:50 pm

jackspratt wrote:
August 26, 2021, 7:39 pm
chopperjoey wrote:

Your "Criminality Meter" is a lot different to mine, chopper.

An (alleged) mid-level drug dealer vs a high level (alleged) corrupt policeman and murderer.

The local media have shown the multi-million Baht house of Jo Ferrai and numerous expensive vehicles garaged within. Done well on a policeman's salary.

The drug dealers can't exist in Thailand without the corrupt coppers, armed forces and politicians, and vice versa. They are equally a blight on society (IMO).
i need to stop agreeing with you jack, but a million baht dealer is not even mid level dealer. their street dealers. the video an I've seen the whole thing was so callous. the guy knew how to put the bag on his head and twist the back to kill.
its not like he had not done it before. he did it like he had done it a dozen times before. it would be interesting to know how many people had died from over doses while in his lock up.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 26, 2021, 11:17 pm

And how many "confessions" have been acquired from "migrant workers"?

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » August 27, 2021, 1:36 am

chopperjoey wrote:

So glad to live in Thailand where criminals still are treated as criminals. If the drug dealer is a yaba drug dealer (most likely) i have zero sympathy for the damage they to to innocent mostly young ppl.

Duterte of the Philipines proved that UNFORTUNATELY only a very harsh aproach can clean up a drug infrested neighborhood. Human rights groups in the westcomplain, but the acual good citizens of theneighborhood, are MORE THAN HAPPY and relieved to live FREE OF FEAR from drug gangs and drug crimes.
The police in this case are worse than the criminals and should be treated much harsher. They were extorting the drug dealers and would have let them go to continue business as usual if they would have come up with the money. And as far as Duterte, I'm just wondering if the families of all the innocent victims who were killed by vigilantes and the police feel the same as you.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 27, 2021, 6:33 am

stattointhailand wrote:
August 26, 2021, 7:01 pm

Apart from that, Duterte's iron fist policy is a social disaster, just as Thaksin's was. Lauded first, condemned later. By making it the 3rd priority on his self-styled 'crusade', Duterte himself has admitted as much. He's an irrelevant old goat now anyway, just marking time before he goes tits-up naturally or someone has a better idea. Nobody's going to hold him up as a sterling example of statesmanship. The 'Pacman' maybe but not old Rodrigo.

PS: Just noticed that Digong's putting himself up for VP next year. I see another Filipino political dynasty wannabe.

Back on topic. The RTP has always been about putting lipstick on a pig (sic) so why is anyone really surprised here?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 27, 2021, 7:11 am

Talk about news over load ..this Joe story was on every channel for hours last night and expect it to be like that until some thing new n more interesting happens .. it is however quite interesting to follow now customs n excise are involved as Jo seems to have been evading tax when importing 368 luxury cars hence his nick name , in turn several prominent faces in the mix as part of the firm.
Tax evasion here is serious and it seems this ""unusual wealth" is taking over the case of torture n murder... 500-700s mil in cars 100 mil house 230 mil in the bank nearing a1 billion bt case... on his 45k monthly salary ?? .

How ever you look at this .. as Ken states yes they were willing to take 2 mil off the guys family to let him go and carry on doing bad things and more chilling killed him and carried on life as normal thinking they were safe .. until ... Jo even sent his team to the guys funeral and then apologized in person on camera to his parents as at that point it was down as a drug over dose.

Not sure just how or if Jo admitted the killing and for sure lots of smoke n mirrors still to come.

It appears the cctv only came about as jo is so disliked within the station it was sent to the defence lawyer.

The case had made world news with various other nations networks covering it and Im guessing Joes up coming wedding to the movie star could well be off.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 27, 2021, 7:35 am

watching the video one thing came to mind, he's done it before. notice the swift way he pulls the bag backwards covering they poor guys mouth , then instantly starts twisting the slack to tighten it. this is not something you suddenly work out , its something learned and he was extremely proficient at it. it would be interesting how many overdoses he's been involved with .
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 27, 2021, 7:39 am

After years of living here and dealings with the Police , we all know nad have suffered albeit a minor financial penalty for those Road checks, where arguing is a pointless exercise, even speeding. We all klnow bars that remain open where others are shut, things happening and nothing is ever done. These are minor infractions run by the Police because they can, However the latest debacle concerns SENIOR Police Officers , people in CHARGE of Departments and stations using their Authority often supplemented by fawning underlings whose efforts to be promoted financially tie them to the BOSS as it were, partaking in the scenario and NEVER complaining about the BOSSES actions, Well it would appear not only was there ONE Honest, Officer arounbd but he also had the Guts to complain, knowing his Police future could be thwarted ( hope not ) .
Now the can of worms has been opened and how many more injustices are there unseen, un-heard of, and certainly unknown about or to put it another way the actions are known but quietly swept under the carpet complete with extraordinarily large gifts.

We have so many Press articles now complaining about LACK of Police Reform , while other reports have shown that Corruption is Endemic the only way to clear it up is for P:ay reform and MASS sackings of the Officers Ranks int eh RTP and begin again. Removing all protections from them as well making each officer accountable for his actions.

We wait with bated breath but changes sadly will take years maybe even a decade to be implemented and to filter down to the Public awareness, meanwhile according to my neighbours, those that need Police assistance in the village, if they do not pay, the Police do not come scenario will persist until probably doomsday !.

kakariki
udonmap.com

Post by kakariki » August 27, 2021, 8:39 am

Maybe people might also understand that when there's a crime committed, the suspects always seem to confess. Most law enforcement agencies could only dream of that happening.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 27, 2021, 1:34 pm

papafarang wrote:
August 27, 2021, 7:35 am
watching the video one thing came to mind, he's done it before. notice the swift way he pulls the bag backwards covering they poor guys mouth , then instantly starts twisting the slack to tighten it. this is not something you suddenly work out , its something learned and he was extremely proficient at it. it would be interesting how many overdoses he's been involved with .
In the Nation Online Today:

“This was the first time that I had used this interrogation technique [covering a suspect’s head with a plastic bag],” he said. “I ordered the doctor to put the cause of death as drug overdose because the suspect’s girlfriend had said that he regularly took drugs.”

So there we have it..PF..direct from the horses mouth.

//Alfie

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 27, 2021, 2:38 pm

Reading between the lines after todays follow ups on the Thai TV channels Jo will not only walk free but probably get a medal or promotion ..... the comments from senior police are this isnt going to be your standard investigation ??? thats very true with enough holes left in the story for the alleged killers (who are now receiving glowing reports as model officers and their past excellent police work) to with a good lawyer wriggle through.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 27, 2021, 5:46 pm

Not really surprised DM , they have lost face and are ridiculed across the globe, they have to do something public to protect themselves, privately might be a different matter however.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 27, 2021, 10:13 pm

Here he made a confession .......... but they didnt say how many plastic bags were used to obtain it

Return to “Thailand News”