Thailand news, views and comments
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Thailand's Police

Post by jackspratt » September 2, 2021, 2:15 pm

Earnest wrote:
August 29, 2021, 4:30 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... -in-a-firm

Right, back to dodgy coppers with fast cars, Jack, I'm off to do my knitting.
Thanks for the heads up, Westers.

Downloaded and watched - interesting, but can say there weren't too many surprises.

Corruption (for money) is certainly bad enough, but for me the far more insidious form is "fitting up" innocent people just to get your arrest rate up. And Pommy coppers have been doing that for decades, with disastrous results eg Timothy Evans, and the various (non)-IRA cells.

Of course, it is not only the Peelers who did, and still do, it. One of the reasons I am so anti-capital punishment.

ps finished the new willy-warmer yet?
Last edited by jackspratt on September 2, 2021, 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 2, 2021, 2:23 pm

Didnt know they made needles that small

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 3, 2021, 1:20 am

The Royal Thai Government Gazette published a new announcement Thursday, addressing the revision of the Police Code of Ethics into seven new rules that will come into effect immediately.

Signed by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-Ocha as the chairman of the Royal Thai Police Commissioner and citing the Constitution of the Kingdom of Thailand, the announcement emphasized how the state is to establish a common ethical standard over government officials and agencies within the country.

Police officials must also work under these ethical standards with seven clear rules, and shall in no way seek unlawful benefits in the course of their duty.

Here it is.
roflmao.jpg
2-ตร2.jpg
https://www.thaienquirer.com/32135/roya ... rari-case/
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 3, 2021, 7:01 am

Yep okay , now enforce it ...............ha ha ha

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 3, 2021, 7:23 am

God morning tamada,hope everything i well with you.Also would like to thank you for the link.

All officials must adhere to the main institutions of the country, namely nation, religion, the monarchy, and constitutional democracy with an individual as the Head of State. Police officials must perform their duty for their state with an expression of national pride, while above all maintaining the interests of the overall Kingdom and respecting all religions followed by citizens.

Honesty and integrity: all officials must perform their duty as according to the law with clear transparency and never seek personal benefits. All officials must hold, above all, the responsibility and accountability to investigate, admit wrongdoings, and be conscientious, while holding the people, human dignity, the environment, and nation at the heart of their duty.

The courage to make the right decisions and stand up for righteousness: the courage for officials to stand up and speak out for what is right and wrong, without personal prejudice or personal benefits in mind. To refuse to partake in activities related to personal or private gains and to not associate themselves with or support those who commit wrongdoings, especially those in position of authority. To never abuse the trust of the Thai citizens, and to always be impartial as agents of the Thai judicial process.

To always prioritize the needs of the public over their own: to have the public’s interest at heart, with the willingness to unite and sacrifice for the greater good of the country.

To strive for the success, efficiency, and quality of their work and duty: to efficiently perform their duty with efficiency and righteousness, while always keeping in mind the safety and security of the people in the country.

To uphold international ethical standards while always striving for self-improvement and professional development. To believe in the process of working as a unit, as a team, in full service for the people of the country. To reveal information that is transparent and necessary for the progress and justice within the Kingdom.

To perform their duty honorably and without prejudice: to always uphold equality above all else while performing their duties, and to never use their personal prejudice or biases to side with any particular group or person, whether it is by their background, race, religion, gender, personal beliefs, age, education, or political preferences. To always respect the dignity, right, and differences of each individual, and to always stay neutral in politics.

To always remain an example of a good public servant: to maintain and perform their duty as an ideal image of a government official serving as a peacekeeper and gaining trust from their people. To always treat people with politeness, humility, and respect, to never abuse and exercise their power senselessly for personal gains and benefits. To lead a simple life, while adopting the principles under the Sufficiency Economy philosophy as written by His Royal Highness, and to apply the religious doctrines accordingly in order to behave as good citizens who respect the law and discipline of the country.
Stay healthy and strong..//Alfie..:-)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 3, 2021, 7:29 am

Marvelous .. i shall walk the highways and byways feeling way more safe and secure after reading this .. (is it April 1st already)

WALOB ..
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 3, 2021, 7:57 am

so are they not accepting my bribes anymore ?
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 3, 2021, 9:34 am

All bribes now reclassified as Fines for spurious offences completely at the discretion of the awarding officer . Yep no more BRIBES !!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 3, 2021, 10:04 am

Better not try to offer anymore papa, don't want to be arrested for trying to bribe a law abiding official

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 3, 2021, 10:13 am

Just print off the announcement in the Royal Gazette, fold it to the same size as a brown & surreptitiously pass it to the officer with a nod & a wink.
You’ll be fine 👍
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 3, 2021, 11:07 am

yes i'll give that a try, what could go wrong.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 3, 2021, 1:30 pm

jackspratt wrote:
September 2, 2021, 2:15 pm
but for me the far more insidious form is "fitting up" innocent people just to get your arrest rate up. And Pommy coppers have been doing that for decades, with disastrous results eg Timothy Evans, and the various (non)-IRA cells.
Yes, my father has first hand knowledge of that - a policeman we both knew admitted that to him one night, reference fitting someone up for a burglary. This was the 1980s.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 3, 2021, 1:53 pm

Must have been early 80's as from about 84 they spent their time pretending to be miners causing trouble on picket lines

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 3, 2021, 2:15 pm

Earnest wrote:
September 3, 2021, 1:30 pm
jackspratt wrote:
but for me the far more insidious form is "fitting up" innocent people just to get your arrest rate up. And Pommy coppers have been doing that for decades, with disastrous results eg Timothy Evans, and the various (non)-IRA cells.
Yes, my father has first hand knowledge of that - a policeman we both knew admitted that to him one night, reference fitting someone up for a burglary. This was the 1980s.
You must mean the '1880s', as before the UK was a developed country. Surely by the 1980s that sort of thing didn't happen https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Daniel_Morgan

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 3, 2021, 8:49 pm

Ongoing promotion of the forces reputation is going well I see
Gold shop robber reported to be local policeman
Bangkok Post : 3 SEP 2021

An armed man in food delivery clothing who robbed a gold shop in a mall in Pak Chong district of Nakhon Ratchasima on Wednesday and shot the owner is reported to be a local policeman.
The robber made off with 126 baht weight of gold jewellery worth about 3.5 million baht. 
Pak Chong police and investigators from Provincial Police Region 3 later arrested Pol Cpl Anucha Boon-arak, 25, at his house in tambon Khanong Phra of the same district, Thai media reported on Friday.
Pol Cpl Anucha is based at Pak Chong police station.
During questioning, he allegedly admitted to having robbed the shop and showed the arresting officers where he had hidden the gold.
He was apprehended after police investigators examined footage from security cameras in the Big C shopping mall, the reports said.
Pol Col Manop Phutchong, superintendent of Pak Chong station, said on Friday that investigators realised the robber looked much like Pol Cpl Anucha, and even walked like him.
Efforts to contact the man were unsuccessful, so they tracked him down and arrested  him.
About 5pm on Wednesday, a man wearing a pink food delivery outfit used a 9mm pistol to threaten staff of the Yaowarat gold shop at Big C shopping mall’s Pak Chong branch, and made off with126 baht weight of gold necklaces.
Shop owner Ditsawat Arsaitham, 39, was in the shop and resisted the robber, and was shot through the left arm. The bullet entered his back, inflicting a serious wound. The robber fled on a motorcycle.   
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 3, 2021, 10:40 pm

Not sure but i think the BIB niked the guy already .. robbed 2mil.plus ..121 bt in gold dressed as panda driver ..
Gotta love this guys balls as he did a food delivery aftert the robbery ..

The customer complIned the takeaway was cold

TIT
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 3, 2021, 11:54 pm

Earnest wrote:
September 3, 2021, 1:30 pm
jackspratt wrote:
parrot wrote:
September 3, 2021, 2:15 pm
You must mean the '1880s', as before the UK was a developed country. Surely by the 1980s that sort of thing didn't happen https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Daniel_Morgan
Ah yes, the one you're referring to above is well known in Blighty and still the Metropolitan Police continue to remain in denial over this case. The shadow of corruption was bigger in terms of the relationship between the police and the tabloid newspapers. Again, a very good docu on Channel 4 about this case, worth watching - see the links below.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57915752

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/mur ... e-car-park
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 4, 2021, 2:29 am

jackspratt wrote:
Earnest wrote:
August 29, 2021, 4:30 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... -in-a-firm

Right, back to dodgy coppers with fast cars, Jack, I'm off to do my knitting.
Thanks for the heads up, Westers.

Downloaded and watched - interesting, but can say there weren't too many surprises.

Corruption (for money) is certainly bad enough, but for me the far more insidious form is "fitting up" innocent people just to get your arrest rate up. And Pommy coppers have been doing that for decades, with disastrous results eg Timothy Evans, and the various (non)-IRA cells.

Of course, it is not only the Peelers who did, and still do, it. One of the reasons I am so anti-capital punishment.

ps finished the new willy-warmer yet?
Yes, it's not only the Peelers is it? One of Australia's own finest.

https://www.news.com.au/national/victor ... 5e68e40b82
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 4, 2021, 2:47 am

stattointhailand wrote:
September 3, 2021, 1:53 pm
Must have been early 80's as from about 84 they spent their time pretending to be miners causing trouble on picket lines
The heady days of Ted Heath's battle with Arthur Scargill and his infamous flying pickets. Not to many genuine miners turned up on buses at Fraserburgh to beat up on the local cops on duty to protect the trucks of imported coal leaving port. It was the first time my dad had lined up alongside armed police drafted in from 'down south'. Luckily, he had retired before the pitched battles of 1984's miners strike.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 4, 2021, 5:05 am

stattointhailand wrote:
September 3, 2021, 1:53 pm
No.

Return to “Thailand News”