Thailand news, views and comments
Udon Map
Admin

No Driving Licence Services Until May 31

Post by Udon Map » May 6, 2020, 11:42 am

No Driving Licence Services Until May 31

From The Nation

License.jpeg

Acceptance of applications for new driving licences as well as renewal services will be halted from May 7 until the end of the emergency decree or until further notice to prevent the spread of Covid-19, Department of Land Transport (DLT) director-general Jirut Wisanjit said on Tuesday (May 5).

“Although the government has eased lockdown measures for several establishments, including services at provincial land transport offices, it has been reported that many branches are still not ready in terms of virus protection and social distancing measures,” he said. “Furthermore, provinces that are high-risk areas are still enforcing lockdown measures, which might cause people to travel to nearby provinces to make or renew their licences, increasing the risk of inter-provincial infection.

“The DLT, therefore, has decided to halt the services altogether from May 7, while those who had appointments to make a new driver's licence or for renewal will be contacted after the services are available again,” he added.

Jirut also added that the DLT would allow licences that had expired since January 2 to be temporarily valid during the period of the emergency decree and has accordingly notified Royal Thai Police Headquarters and Office of Insurance Commission to enforce related laws accordingly in case of police screening or insurance claims.

Courtesy of The Nation
https://www.nationthailand.com/news/303 ... l_referral

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: No Driving Licence Services Until May 31

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 6, 2020, 12:28 pm

What about the green book change over owner name service ???
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 7, 2020, 10:20 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 6, 2020, 12:28 pm
Call 1584, that is not specifically stopped.
E2FC023C-8E1D-44DD-B79D-EA64278C7C8E.jpeg
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on May 7, 2020, 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 7, 2020, 10:23 am

Thanks .. or 1584 even
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 7, 2020, 12:47 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 6, 2020, 12:28 pm
Ive been informed they are open for vehicle transfers and checks , plus road tax , but not licensing .

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » May 8, 2020, 3:46 am

saint wrote:
May 7, 2020, 12:47 pm

Ive been informed they are open for vehicle transfers and checks , plus road tax , but not licensing .
[/background]

Did my vehicle (laughing ) check ,insurance and tax last week , so it would seem only license related ,eg testing or renewal seems to be suspended ,

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 8, 2020, 7:05 am

Hoopoe wrote:
May 8, 2020, 3:46 am
saint wrote:
May 7, 2020, 12:47 pm

[/background]

Did my vehicle (laughing ) check ,insurance and tax last week , so it would seem only license related ,eg testing or renewal seems to be suspended ,
I know , the checks can be hit and miss . I took a vehicle to my local testing station a few months back that i had just had the brake lines done on , and the brake test was over the 20% difference allowed . I told him that the brake lines had literally just been changed , and the brakes were washed down with detergent to remove any contaminates which would be the reason for a poor reading , and he just said O K and passed it .

Return to “Thailand News”