Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Re: Thailand shooting

Post by Kenr6583 » February 9, 2020, 10:46 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
February 9, 2020, 10:27 am
Khun Paul wrote:
February 9, 2020, 8:48 am
Sad affair and RIP to the deceased and hope the injured get better, what seems to be as some say a bruised ego, loss of face. Poor sad little man following the PMs edict Thainess rules OK ! Really sad.
Standard excellent analysis Khun Paul, and, as usual, I have no idea what you mean. You seem to be saying this tragedy can be attributed to Thai culture, or to orders from the Prime Minister or something. You might want to think again using a little wisdom.
He was actually referring to, mocking, the third post on this topic.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » February 9, 2020, 7:43 pm

Khaosod Thailand is now reporting 30 dead and over 60 injured in the Korat shooting....
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 9, 2020, 7:51 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
February 9, 2020, 10:46 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Sad affair and RIP to the deceased and hope the injured get better, what seems to be as some say a bruised ego, loss of face. Poor sad little man following the PMs edict Thainess rules OK ! Really sad.
Standard excellent analysis Khun Paul, and, as usual, I have no idea what you mean. You seem to be saying this tragedy can be attributed to Thai culture, or to orders from the Prime Minister or something. You might want to think again using a little wisdom.
No, he wasn't.

He ain't that clever.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » February 9, 2020, 9:24 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Hardly mocking me Kenr, but agreeing with me. He's been here long enough to understand the fragile Thai male ego, and so have I.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

chopperjoey
udonmap.com

Post by chopperjoey » February 9, 2020, 9:27 pm

pf-flyer wrote:
February 9, 2020, 7:31 am
I was not going to respond when I started reading this thread but I feel compelled to say something. I fell in love with Thailand and the Thai culture 47 years ago. I married one of them 47 years ago. I have had my days of ranting also but by the end of the day, I calm down and then I am OK. This is something new for the Thai people and the Thai culture that I know. My heart goes out to the people who have lost their love ones.
well said. what a tragedy. Lets hope this will not be a new trend but a just one tragic incident.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 10, 2020, 12:19 am

semperfiguy wrote:
February 9, 2020, 9:24 pm
Kenr6583 wrote:
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Hardly mocking me Kenr, but agreeing with me. He's been here long enough to understand the fragile Thai male ego, and so have I.
Well in that case it's pretty sad that two are comparing the fragile Thai male ego to the way nutcases deal with their problems here in the United States, mass shootings. Maybe too much Western influence.

RIP all those who lost their lives and speedy recovery to those who were injured. Thankfully it is over.

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » February 11, 2020, 1:47 am

Things to consider after the Korat shootings:

https://www.thaienquirer.com/7622/five- ... shootings/

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 11, 2020, 7:02 am

Having read the piece in The Enquirer, there are questions to be answered, but I doubt if the one about the Military will ever be answered, their de-facto boss will NEVER allow the only thing that keeps him where he is to be criticised at all.
Media, well as it is a people led, problem trying to change how people react will be hard.
Mental problems, well after all the years spent here, watching and seeing reactions in very minor family events blow out of all proportion due mainly to loss of face sadly most of them are culture led . perceived insults, not wishing to be seen as wrong , unable to take responsibility ( seen in Governmental levels as well ) sloping shoulders ( never my fault ) all these are as a direct result of how many see the world. It is no wonder one upset man with a position of some authority could get weapons easily and do what he did all over a business deal gone wrong in some way, harks back to the days of the Mafia in the US decades ago .
What is really worrying is the ease at which these weapons were obtained plus the vehicle , those questions I am sure will NEVER be answered but again I suspect a Sgt Major demanding weapons and the poor oiks agreeing even if they know it is wrong . Discipline gone to hell BUT THE THAI GOVERNMENT WILL NEVER ADMIT THAT, they have already lost so much face over this , even the PM has been heavily criticised for his response . Interesting times, heads down lads and carry on what !

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » February 16, 2020, 12:26 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKuyBT2jV28
Guard was a conscript from Amphur Ban Phue, Udon Thani with 2 weeks left on his enlistment.

Return to “Thailand News”