Voodoo or not Voodoo

Thailand news, views and comments
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Voodoo or not Voodoo

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 15, 2019, 2:10 pm

A real life tale from.rural isaan ....true story .

As .ost who have been here for any lenght of time will.know Thais do tend tonlike a bit of voodoo or black.magic and more so.seem.to believe it actually exists and can be used in many ways ... im.guessing these activities are still.carried out within the rural.villages and target the older generation ..so.i digress ..

I noticed the local village wizards house had become very busy recently so inspector Clooso.Dm.investgated to learn of some real modern day healing going on ...Normally this guy heals skin problems n stuff thst generally heals its self if you get my drift ..however hes come up.with a onza of a n idea n raking it in ..
All his patients are elderly and are suffering with joint pain athritus etc .... NOW I AI T NO DOCTOR but this is brought on by the cold weather surely .... 100 bt per person a bit os a wizard chant and he gives them.a bottle of blessed water n candle wax to rub on thier kness ...or pai ful.area etc ..telling them.it may take a while but the pain will go away .. every oldie in the village is carrying a bottle the words spreading .

Now just as ithe weather is warming up.n the cold temps are no more the pains are drifting away and more so tbis guy is becoming a local celeb due to.tealing talents ... he even tells his patients when the pain goes come back n give me a tip.or a gift ..and they will ...

One thought crossed my mind .. Dm.has written Jan 3rd in his diary as ...im.not missing the local.OAPs new year disco for nothong ..im.sure to get a dance n if my fav can find her teeth who knows what may happen .

Gotta love this place ..

Dm

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Voodoo or not Voodoo

Post by stattointhailand » December 15, 2019, 2:39 pm

Wifes gran was village elder when I first arrived in Udon, I was amazed ta see all the old biddies go to her shack to have her spit a mouthful of water mixed with the residue of hours chewing beetlejuice over their heads. God knows what they caught but they all left a nice tip :badteeth: :-&

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 15, 2019, 3:10 pm

Oh, DM, doubting Thomas. Blowing Doctors (หมอเป่า) are still a big thing in the countryside and not-so-countryside. I asked my wife, "so, do many people believe in that stuff?"....to which she retorted, "believe in that stuff? If it works, of course they believe in that stuff." A good friend of ours recently sprained her wrist. Went to the educated doctors, paid for some fancy medicines, with no relief. Off she went to the village blow doctor who ingested a mouthful of herbs and blew the living bejesus out of that girl's hand. All back to normal.
Before she died, my wife's mother would load up her mouth with a wad of tobacco, lime, betel nut, and bark......give it a good chew, then spray my gray hair red before we left from each visit.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » December 15, 2019, 3:45 pm

There may be something to this black magic. I had a friend who attracted Thai ladies. He had a number of very attractive Thai girlfriends. He ended up with one who was certainly nothing to look at and not only that, she was bat crap crazy. Everyone of his friends wondered what he could possibly see in her. The other girls said that she used black magic to make him love her. There was no other logical reason.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 15, 2019, 4:31 pm

Was your friend rich by any chance gliat ??

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 15, 2019, 4:38 pm

glalt wrote:
December 15, 2019, 3:45 pm
There may be something to this black magic. I had a friend who attracted Thai ladies. He had a number of very attractive Thai girlfriends. He ended up with one who was certainly nothing to look at and not only that, she was bat crap crazy. Everyone of his friends wondered what he could possibly see in her. The other girls said that she used black magic to make him love her. There was no other logical reason.
Perhaps he finally realised there was more to life than re arranging the ornaments on the mantlepiece and stoking the fire :-k

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » December 15, 2019, 4:53 pm

Her looks were not the problem. Her personality, jealousy and being crazy were the problems.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 15, 2019, 5:00 pm

As the weather warms n the OAPs pain decreases the village wizard is now approaching demi god status .. im.hoping for another very cold snap n see what happens ..so.is he maybe ..not sure if he operates a sale or return policy.

Theres talk.of an over 70s skateboard park.opening ...

Dm.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » December 15, 2019, 8:44 pm

That could be the start of a new business. Besides in addition from the regular one, special skate boards for your elbows, your bum and a special padded helmet. Maybe a hook on the helmet to get you back on your feet.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 15, 2019, 10:01 pm

Be worried it might flop like the "Dope on a rope" idea
11dopeonrope.jpg

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » December 16, 2019, 11:30 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 15, 2019, 4:31 pm
At the time he was living on a shoe string. He had a large retirement package that was due in a year or so. He received his lump sum payout, bought a new car and built a house. It was a shame that when he was finally on easy street, he had a massive heart attack and died. His crazy wife accused his farang friends of poisoning him. She even got the police involved. The police said that she was crazy and not to worry about her accusations. RIP.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 17, 2019, 9:06 am

glalt wrote:
December 16, 2019, 11:30 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 15, 2019, 4:31 pm
At the time he was living on a shoe string. He had a large retirement package that was due in a year or so. He received his lump sum payout, bought a new car and built a house. It was a shame that when he was finally on easy street, he had a massive heart attack and died. His crazy wife accused his farang friends of poisoning him. She even got the police involved. The police said that she was crazy and not to worry about her accusations. RIP.
SO ,, a pretty standard Thai expat Tale then .. you missed the ending.. she married the local policeman or the guy who built the house ??

DM

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » December 17, 2019, 10:18 am

As I mentioned, she is crazy as a loon. I avoid her and have no idea what has happened to her.

Return to “Thailand News”