Welcome to Thailand

Thailand news, views and comments
deankham
udonmap.com

Re: Welcome to Thailand

Post by deankham » November 15, 2022, 7:22 pm

Hi Parrot,

The numbers and link I shared were international arrivals (which would, I assume, include thai's entering on international flights). Hence why it would be higher than International Tourists.

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » November 15, 2022, 8:39 pm

My reading of the 2019 AOT report is that the numbers reported are those for total passenger volumes (i.e. those for passenger arrivals + those for passenger departures).

This would mean that the actual volumes of international arrivals and international departures would be approximately half of the total passenger volume which would then roughly equate to the 2019 tourism figure of approximately 40 million.

Note 1: The total volume of international passengers at AOT airports in Thailand was 85.8 million (includes BKK 53.4 million, DMK 17.9 million, HKT 10.7 million).

Note 2: AOT international passenger movements would include quite a few million citizens of Thailand (who would not be included in Thailand tourist numbers).

Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 16, 2022, 9:41 am

the-monk wrote:
November 13, 2022, 6:38 pm
I was at the suvanarpumi (Bkk) airport today Sunday November 13, 2022, between 3-4 PM and the airport was jam packed with tourists, just like the good old days.
Glass half-full.
mak wrote:
November 14, 2022, 10:11 am
Thaiger:
This time though, the airport isn’t quite as prepared the handle the influx of new international travellers.
Immigration was quick to pass the buck though, saying that their processes and staff were fine, but language and communication issues, as well as problems with airlines, have slowed the process down significantly.
After arrival, passengers have also reported long queues for taxis, prompting officials to call for more taxi drivers to come and even request the help of Grab drivers.
Many in the tourism industry have been disheartened by what they feel is a terrible first impression for those arriving internationally in Thailand.
SNAFU
Glass half-empty.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

nutosf
udonmap.com

Post by nutosf » November 17, 2022, 12:03 pm

I returned to Thailand from US on Tuesday, 15 Nov, 10:30 am. Took about 10 minutes. No customs check.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 24, 2022, 11:05 am

On time arrival at 13:30 last Tuesday, parked at gate D4 so reasonably quick to the east immigration hall where I was through in about 15 minutes. Bags were a bit slow but still dropped off mine for the early evening Udon flight within 1 hour of deplaning. Fed and watered by 15:00 and through domestic screening to the Miracle Lounge for a couple of hours. The incoming plane from Surat was late so they announced boarding for WE8 would be delayed 45 minutes but they did get the hustle on so we left only 45 minutes behind schedule. We were on the ground at UTH at 20:05 so only 25 minutes late. Bags took ages (again) but I guess after they offloaded them, it was all hands on deck reloading the flight for the return trip to BKK before bringing our bags to the carousel.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 21, 2023, 3:42 pm

The sheer arrogance of some of the foreign tourists when in Thailand. It only takes a few of these clowns to give foreigners a poor reputation in Thailand. He wouldn't get away with this on most other Airlines or in other Airports :fryingpan:

If I were Thai Smile, I would send him a Bill of TB 200,000, for the ruckus and having to turn the plane around

Maybe some justice in that, Thai Smile stopped the plane and asked all of his family members to leave. \:D/ \:D/

His valuables was probable a cheap phone :-({|=

https://aseannow.com/topic/1301305-thai ... mai-video/

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Return to “Thailand News”