Welcome to Thailand

Thailand news, views and comments
GT93
udonmap.com

Re: Welcome to Thailand

Post by GT93 » July 21, 2019, 2:31 pm

I picked this link up from Stickman:

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30373244

"On Wednesday, Biggs, the owner of Andrew Biggs Academy and co- director of andrewbiggs.com, an English language-learning website for Thais, posted a Twitter message: “Suvarnabhumi hell for tourists. Look at queues today. Never seen this long.”

He posted another Twitter message: “Several counters are closed during rush hours. Don’t understand.” The posts were made in Thai. On Thursday, Biggs posted another Twitter message in Thai: “Suvarnabhumi is not hell but it is the gateway to our beloved Thailand. Yesterday, I was very dissatisfied with what I saw because I was worried about Thailand’s image in the eyes of foreign tourists who have just arrived. I would like to ask the authorities to consider this issue and I believe we could solve it.” "

GT94: Biggs, being a biggie, the Immigration Bureau looked into what was happening.

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

gghh
udonmap.com

Post by gghh » September 25, 2019, 5:13 pm

Arrived from Hanoi today, plane was at gate at 14:58.
I had my first cigarette outside the building at 15:20.
No queue at all at immigration.
Lot of taxis just waiting, no guests.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » September 25, 2019, 5:27 pm

Wow great, hope it stays like this till the end of November. Thanks for the info.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 25, 2019, 6:25 pm

gghh wrote:
September 25, 2019, 5:13 pm
Arrived from Hanoi today, plane was at gate at 14:58.
I had my first cigarette outside the building at 15:20.
People still smoke?!? How quaint.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

chopperjoey
udonmap.com

Post by chopperjoey » September 25, 2019, 9:10 pm

the negativity of these ppl is sickening. A long line might be inconvenient but is hardly worth mentioning let alone blasting it on twitter with superlatives like HELL. Long lines happens on all airports worldwide now and then. Wasnt there anything else more positive to twitter about? He couldve twittered that unlike in most western cities, thereare no no-go zones in big cities and little to no street crime. He couldve been more positive. Ah well, a cynical negative Superior farang, whats new.

chopperjoey
udonmap.com

Post by chopperjoey » September 25, 2019, 9:13 pm

with little to no streetcrime, i mean, you can walk freely day and night everywhere, you dont have to fear pickpockets nor robbers. Now try to walk in any European city or American city at night... ;-)

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » September 25, 2019, 10:19 pm

chopperjoey wrote:
September 25, 2019, 9:13 pm
with little to no streetcrime, i mean, you can walk freely day and night everywhere, you dont have to fear pickpockets nor robbers. Now try to walk in any European city or American city at night... ;-)
Seriously, where are you talking about? What tint are your glass's, rose colored maybe.

chopperjoey
udonmap.com

Post by chopperjoey » September 26, 2019, 7:43 am

jai yen yen wrote:
September 25, 2019, 10:19 pm
chopperjoey wrote:
Seriously, where are you talking about? What tint are your glass's, rose colored maybe.
wtf you mean? you ever robbed or pickpocketed or some other nasty street crime here in Udon or else in Thailand? Are there No Go zones in Udon or anywhere else? Are there homeles camps like in America or even Europe like in France?
Try walking outside instead of getting your daily crappy negative info from the forums on the internet. Or, to reply in your terminology, is your head stuck in your arsehole that you cant see anything positive, only see ----?

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » September 26, 2019, 9:17 am

News Flash people . There are BAD people everywhere . Just as there are some , who should not really be let out on their own at anytime , let alone after dark .
If your one of these people that like to flaunt whatever wealth they have . Nice rolex maybe , or the latest i phone , or a few baht gold neckless round your neck , then you might as well have a sign round your neck saying , please mug me .

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » September 26, 2019, 12:29 pm

chopperjoey wrote:
September 26, 2019, 7:43 am
jai yen yen wrote:
September 25, 2019, 10:19 pm
chopperjoey wrote:
wtf you mean? you ever robbed or pickpocketed or some other nasty street crime here in Udon or else in Thailand? Are there No Go zones in Udon or anywhere else? Are there homeles camps like in America or even Europe like in France?
Try walking outside instead of getting your daily crappy negative info from the forums on the internet. Or, to reply in your terminology, is your head stuck in your arsehole that you cant see anything positive, only see ****?
No wonder you were banned from Thaivisa. Anyway I will not argue with you. I lived in Thailand for 10 years, have a Thai wife now for about the same time and have a fair idea of what Thailand is like. I don't think you do.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 5, 2022, 5:42 pm

They're going to resume expanding Suvarnabhumi:

https://bangkokherald.com/business/tran ... to-resume/
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 5, 2022, 6:50 pm

GT93 wrote:
June 5, 2022, 5:42 pm

Why the f*** didn't they do the work during the pandemic whilst there were very few people to inconvenience???

Nah, Nah, let wait till we can cause maximum disruption :confused:

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 5, 2022, 7:15 pm

Did you know what was going to happen with mass tourism, following the worldwide COVID lockdown, statts?

Answer on the back of a postage stamp.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » June 6, 2022, 5:24 am

GT93 wrote:

With no increase in immigration officers

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 6, 2022, 6:28 am

Stantheman wrote:
June 6, 2022, 5:24 am
GT93 wrote:

With no increase in immigration officers
But all the old ones are getting FIVE brand spanking new rubber inkstamps Stan :^o

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 6, 2022, 6:36 am

jackspratt wrote:
June 5, 2022, 7:15 pm
Did you know what was going to happen with mass tourism, following the worldwide COVID lockdown, statts?

Answer on the back of a postage stamp.
Well it didnt take a genius to work out it was going to be either 1) The same as or 2) Less than in 2019 (unless you worked for TAT in which case you need to use the proven "pluck any number from thin air" system)

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » November 3, 2022, 11:06 am

Welcome to Thailand.
Immigration officials at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok are struggling to cope with the crescendo of foreign tourists flooding into Thailand.
Staff from Airports of Thailand (AOT) helps the immigration process run smoothly by lining up passengers and helping them prepare their documents before going through immigration checks.
Attachments
mimigration-suvarbhumi.jpg
suvarnabhumi-airport.jpg

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » November 3, 2022, 11:19 am

No automated kiosks.
Attachments
ofo-apckiosks-20170214.jpg
APX LAX 2 Final.jpg

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 3, 2022, 12:14 pm

There are quite a few aisles with automated check in machines at BKK. I used then a couple if times last month.

The issue appears to be at arrival immigration. When I passed through last month, they were holding everyone at the bottom of the ramp to the west immigration hall for some reason so I strolled on and used the less busy one on the east and got ahead of that crowd. The layout of the booths has changed. Not sure if there's more of them but looked like they were all staffed and I was through in less than 15 minutes. The auto gates for Thai passports seemed to be working ok, no queues that I could see.

FWIW, I have also passed through Singapore and Kuala Lumpur immigration a couple of times over the past two months and they both have their random bottlenecks. I would get through in 10 or 15 minutes but guys I work with arriving at different times encountered delays of over an hour between releasing the seat belt and picking up their baggage. I guess everyone still has staffing issues.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » November 3, 2022, 11:08 pm

Arrived 2 weeks back on a Friday morning, just before 7.00am on a 380 AB, full to the brim, so quiet a few passengers off loading.

They directed us all the way down to Gate 1 arrivals, so it was a fair hike from the plane top the arrival gate, for some us old farts. :-$ ;)

Not much buy way of numbers or a queue at Immigration, so I was through and waiting for the bag in about 10 minutes \:D/

I suppose it might depend in part, on how many planes landed just before you and if they were 380's and maybe trying not to arrive between 7.30am - 9.30am.

Also a bit of luck, with your Pilot picking up 15 minutes during the flight travel time, can make all the difference to the scenario when you land.

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on November 5, 2022, 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Return to “Thailand News”