Red Bull Heir Held Over Cop's Hit-And-Run Death

Thailand news, views and comments
rallyman
udonmap.com

Post by rallyman » September 4, 2012, 2:33 am

On Yahoo in the UK today ( Monday)
A grandson of the creator of the Red Bull energy drink has been arrested after a Ferrari knocked down a policeman and dragged his body 200 metres in a hit-and-run.

Vorayuth Yoovidhya was questioned after police traced oil streaks for several streets to his gated property in a wealthy neighbourhood of the Thai capital Bangkok .

Sgt Maj Wichian Klanprasert, 47, was on a pre-dawn motorcycle patrol when he was killed on Monday morning.

His body and bike were dragged down the road before the sports car sped off.

Bangkok's senior police official, Lt Gen Comronwit Toopgrajank, said he took charge of the investigation after an officer tried to cover up the crime by turning in a bogus suspect.

He said: "A policeman is dead. I can't let this stand. If I let this case get away, I'd rather quit. I don't care how powerful they are. If I can't get the actual man in this case, I will resign."

Officers searched the compound of late Red Bull founder Chaleo Yoovidhaya, one of Thailand's wealthiest men before he passed away this year, and confiscated a dark grey Ferrari with a dented bumper.

Police said Vorayuth, 27, is accused of causing death by driving and failing to stop. He denies the charges.

His family was ranked fourth richest in Thailand this year by Forbes magazine, with a net worth of £3.4bn.

His grandfather Chaleo Yoovidhya was one of Thailand's richest men thanks to the global success of the Red Bull empire he co-founded with Austrian Dietrich Mateschitz in the 1980s.

Chaleo died in March aged 89, leaving his heirs a wide range of businesses, including shares in Red Bull, hospitals and property. The family also co-owns a company that is the sole authorised importer of Ferrari cars in Thailand.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » September 4, 2012, 5:51 pm

He'll be convicted, but will only get a 6 month suspended jail sentence!!

Anyone remember last years motorway traffic accident that killed 9 people, that person only got a 2 year suspended jail sentence.

Didn't that Norway killer only get 10-12 years? Understand peoples view of crime and punishment, but justice would of been the death penality on this one!!

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 4, 2012, 8:03 pm

understatement of the decade, "and confiscated a dark grey Ferrari with a dented bumper". That Ferrari was trashed completely. The police state they verfied where the vehicle had gone by following a trail of engine oil down the street and into the compound and the perp... Maybe for once, they'll nail one of the elite to the wall...
Dave

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 4, 2012, 8:16 pm

well.. never mind.. with a family forturne of around 5.4 billion dollars he'll probably walk http://www.forbes.com/profile/yoovidhya-family/
Dave

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » December 10, 2014, 3:47 pm

I was down in Bangkok Sunday and riding in a taxi back from Suvarnaphum to Ploenchit.. We came down the expressway to to that U-turn on the sideroad to Sukhumvit and a bright yellow Lamborghini cut in front of us.. The traffic was backed way up the side road so we slowly followed the Lambo to Sukhumvit.. I remarked to my wife, "wouldn't it be ironic if the person driving that Lambo was the Red Bull heir's grandson "Boss"..? Well, we turned left onto Ploenchit and the taxi passed the Lambo.. The window was down.. It was that little weasel for sure based on the photos I've seen of him... Yup, another million dollar car and still waiting arraignment on felony manslaughter charges for running down that policeman two years ago..
Dave

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » December 10, 2014, 4:49 pm

Bangkok's senior police official, Lt Gen Comronwit Toopgrajank, said he took charge of the investigation after an officer tried to cover up the crime by turning in a bogus suspect.

He said: "A policeman is dead. I can't let this stand. If I let this case get away, I'd rather quit. I don't care how powerful they are. If I can't get the actual man in this case, I will resign."

Where's this guy now, I'll assume he lived up to his word and resigned and now on a pension payout.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 28, 2016, 8:56 am

https://asiancorrespondent.com/2016/03/ ... standards/

An update on the Red Bull heir accident in 2012:

"According to a recent report in the Bangkok Post, the case is still being investigated due to the suspect demanding fair treatment and justice. “The statute of limitations of the two charges are 15 years and five years,” according to the Post, although it looks as though the case will take some time to reach a verdict as the original persecutor for the case reportedly died, leading to a new set of prosecutors working on the case. National police chief Chakthip Chaijinda called for clarification this week on why the investigation has taken so long."

The link also looks at some other significant driving accidents in Thailand. A linked video clip shows a Merc reportedly travelling at 250 kms an hour with the perhaps inevitable result. :(
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

dingdong
udonmap.com

Re: Red Bull Heir Held Over Cop's Hit-And-Run Death

Post by dingdong » April 28, 2017, 7:04 am

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 28, 2017, 10:02 am

taking the p*ss as we all know

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Red Bull Heir Still Untouchable Over Cop's Hit-And-Run Death

Post by tamada » April 28, 2017, 10:09 am

There. The title change makes it much more factual and up to date.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » April 28, 2017, 11:51 am

It's all a load of bollx.the government just have to revoke his passport.he then becomes an illegal immigrant in the uk.throw the piece of sh..t in a detention centre and ship him back to face the music...uk government should do something about having an undesirable cop killer driving a farrari road the streets of London.i bet if I was wanted in Thailand for a lesser charge,I would be sent back here in the blink of an eye.in fact the uk government should be ashamed of themselves for hiding this tossr,

dingdong
udonmap.com

Post by dingdong » April 28, 2017, 12:36 pm

Another update concerning Arrest Warrant as the saga continues

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/98 ... paign=news

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 29, 2017, 7:35 am

Police hunt Red Bull heir after warrant issued for fatal crash

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30313700
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 29, 2017, 8:38 am

As stated .,

1/- cancel his passport, inform local authorities, and have him arrested for immigration issues and then extradited back to Thailand.

2/- Inform Interpol and have him on their watch list, easy as they have his passport number/s

3/- look at the next F1 meeting.

4/- The International media wont give up on this one. good on them

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » April 29, 2017, 9:51 am

They know where he lives in the uk.all the reporters are camped outside his house and his Ferrari reg RBR 8055 must be registered to his address.i bet he's making plans to do a runner to a country where he can't be extradited from..come on uk authorities he's taking the pess big time and he s a cop killer.a terrorist on 4 wheels.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Red Bull Heir... nothing new under the sun

Post by tamada » April 29, 2017, 1:20 pm

Arrest warrant issued... but don't hold your breath.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Re: Red Bull Heir... nothing new under the sun

Post by Marcosteffano » April 29, 2017, 1:57 pm

tamada wrote:Arrest warrant issued... but don't hold your breath.
That don't mean nothing,mummy's wrote him a sick note that out weighs any arrest warrant.hes probably going to hide out in some Arab state on palm island.he can't go South America as he's high up on the list for a kidnapping with his money.they should bang up the lawyers for wasting time as well.5 year just to issue a warrant.laughing stock to the world.if the families of the two brits killed in koh Tao could see Thai justice,they might see what the difference between being rich and being poor Burmese is.this tossr tried to get his driver to take the rap.the thing is as well,he parades around the f1 circuits proud as flick thinking he's the man.probably the most hated man in thailand and doing nothing for the image of Thailand and its corrupt justice system...I think someone in the government wants to grow some balls and sort it out pronto,layo layo.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » April 29, 2017, 1:59 pm

I hope the brat, as he travels a lot, breaks the law in a western country that upholds law and order, and gets the book thrown at him. It's hard to imagine someone can hit and run and kill a policeman or anyone and still not have done any jail time, not a good example to set.....

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 29, 2017, 2:01 pm

Hasnt committed a crime in UK only in Thailand ?

Awaiting Thai authorities to formalise charges and then due process ( yeah right ) issue a warrant for his arrest and then ask UK authorities to assist ?

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » April 29, 2017, 3:28 pm

wazza wrote:Hasnt committed a crime in UK only in Thailand ?

Awaiting Thai authorities to formalise charges and then due process ( yeah right ) issue a warrant for his arrest and then ask UK authorities to assist ?
He don't have to commit a crime in England.hes killed a policeman and wanted by Thai authorities and failed to appear on summons at court to face charges.he is an undesirable person hiding out the same as thaksin who is now banned from entering the uk as his money can't help him in the uk.he got out of the uk as it was only a matter of time before the uk sent him back.only last week a male model from the US who had a conviction for robbery was refused entry and had the ok from his parole officer as he was going on a modelling job.this pathetic pr.ck is on the run from the Thai courts and wanted by the authorities.that should be enough but uk has millions of undesirables to deal with with probably a team of 6 to sort them all out.he should be arrested as an indesirable alien then the uk authorities should contact the Thai embassy to see what to do with him.if I was family to this policeman I would contact the uk immigration and report him.even better fly to London contact the press for a photo shoot outside his house with picture banners of what he done.you know what the uk media are like,they would love that one.a screaming mother calling for justice and shaming the t..sser.

Return to “Thailand News”