Red Bull Heir Held Over Cop's Hit-And-Run Death

Thailand news, views and comments
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Red Bull Heir Held Over Cop's Hit-And-Run Death

Post by jackspratt » October 5, 2020, 4:08 pm

Seems there's life to this long running saga still, and the fugitive may yet need to face justice. =D>
Interpol issues 'red notice' for Thai Red Bull heir over fatal hit and run

Interpol has issued a “red notice” to arrest the fugitive Thai heir to the Red Bull billions over his role in a fatal hit-and-run incident in Bangkok, police have said.

The move by the international police organisation is the latest in the years-long saga surrounding Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya who crashed his Ferrari in 2012, killing a police officer.

The charges against Vorayuth, who is the grandson of Red Bull’s co-founder Chaleo Yoovidhya, were dropped in July, sparking public outrage among the Thai public who saw it as an example of impunity granted the wealthy in the country.

The anger led to investigations being launched by various government agencies including the attorney general’s office, which last month announced fresh charges against Vorayuth of reckless driving causing death, and cocaine use......

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... -yoovidhya

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 5, 2020, 4:36 pm

the red bull lad was last spotted in London or was it Montreal ??? no doubt if he so wishes could skip to a safer spot or .. come back n face the music...

time will tell
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 5, 2020, 4:47 pm

I'm sure an ex pm could give some sound advice

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » October 5, 2020, 5:15 pm

I particularly like the piece in another publication which describes what an Interpol Red Notice means
The Interpol red notice means if Boss enters countries that are members of Interpol, they will alert the Royal Thai Police of his location
That seems to be basically it. The RTP don't actually need to do anything else like before.
Theres been a Red Notice on this case before & given a couple of months it quietly disappeared
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 5, 2020, 7:16 pm

Rumour has it Boss is already hiding out at a location where no body has been for years and that hasnt seen the light of day for decades ..yes hes in the Everton Trophy room :lol: :lol: :lol:

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 5, 2020, 7:23 pm

Thought he was in the Liverpool defense .... along with the others that have gone missing

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 6, 2020, 7:00 am

A Red Notice rather a pointless exercise in this case, everyone knows who he is and everyone ( Police personnel worldwide ) know what he has done , but as the local RTP are as usual not really bothering I am sure it will not ever get acted on . When they know it will take SOOOOOOOOOOO long to get him back that statutory time limits will be enacted and he will be free as he is NOW !

It is a sop to the accusers that the RTP are doing nothing, so the heat of the moment showing the RTP incompetent will eventually be consigned to File 13 ( no action file ) .

From man ex-plods point of view disgusting behaviour by fellow Police Colleagues , but after all the years here, not surprised sadly .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 6, 2020, 7:22 am

Khun Paul wrote:
October 6, 2020, 7:00 am
A Red Notice rather a pointless exercise in this case, everyone knows who he is and everyone ( Police personnel worldwide ) know what he has done , but as the local RTP are as usual not really bothering I am sure it will not ever get acted on . When they know it will take SOOOOOOOOOOO long to get him back that statutory time limits will be enacted and he will be free as he is NOW !

It is a sop to the accusers that the RTP are doing nothing, so the heat of the moment showing the RTP incompetent will eventually be consigned to File 13 ( no action file ) .

From man ex-plods point of view disgusting behaviour by fellow Police Colleagues , but after all the years here, not surprised sadly .
Not so sure i agree ..after the recent public outcry im waging they will do all they can to locate him and get him back here in the near future .. also the statuary time limits i believe have been overridden due to the recent investigation into the original handling of the case... lets face it with the amount of money this young lad has at his disposal he could be anywhere worldwide in the blink of an eye Covid or not .. doe opens doors and im sure hes been doing his home work as to where he can be if his conscience doesnt get the better of him OR he actually misses his family and home land...enough to return of his own accord and face the music (which i think he will) EVENTUALLY

Btw KP .. this is not a jibe just an observation ...but at any point in time do you ever have anything remotely positive to say about Thailand , its people , its culture , life here ANYTHING ????..its been so long since you posted anything other than negativity im wondering if you are happy residing here and maybe Cleethorpes maybe abetter option im sure you can take your feline friends with you.

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 6, 2020, 4:29 pm

There is nothing wrong with Thailand, but the institutions are often the cause of much angst, sure you can ignore most of it most of the time, but in this instance being ex-plod, I do feel the RTP have let the side down and their lack of action often speaks volumes, Like the murders of the young couple on Kao Tao, such a debacle , shows us really that serious crime is as inefficiently investigated as the lowly injury to another.
You go to a country hoping that you are reasonably safe, but in fact unless you are really careful you are not . Things have slowly changed for the better un til that is you get a Government Minister blaming all Foreigners then it turns back again . The people are great as are the vast majority of the locals but often as in this case their gloaring inefficiency and blatant disregard for even basic investigation speaks volumes .

AS for anything to do with Cleethorpes or anywhere else in that part of the UK, I would never consider that area except possibly Scarborough many friends were their, some moved on no doubt.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 6, 2020, 4:36 pm

Bearing in mind Cleggy amd Scarbourgh are relatively close togethervon the East Coast.. they are suprizing different , Scabourgh is a nice place whilst Cleggy an oil.covered cesspit of a place as it attracts thenearby Grimsby dreggs...one one good thing a out Cleggs n thats is Steeles fish n chip shop /restaurant ..superb

My fav spot on the East Coast is Whitby .. beautiful harbour.

Back to Boss.. i think he will.be brought to justice one way or the other sooner rather than later ... he would do himself a lot of good he he returned of his own free will ...

Ño clues as to where he is at the Mo ??

Dm

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » October 6, 2020, 4:39 pm

Reminds me of the old old saying money talks red bull walks cheesy or what

Fuzzy Ken
udonmap.com

Post by Fuzzy Ken » October 8, 2020, 1:26 pm

I understand that a Red Notice has been issued but I cannot find any trace. Like many, I would like to see the hard copy of this Interpol notice. Any ideas out there ?

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 8, 2020, 1:58 pm

This maybe why you cant find

"How many Red Notices are there?
There are currently approximately 62,000 valid Red Notices, of which some 7,000 are public.

The majority of Red Notices are restricted to law enforcement use only.

In some cases, for example where the public’s help is needed to locate an individual or they pose a threat to public safety, a public extract of the Red Notice is published on this website."

https://www.interpol.int/How-we-work/No ... ed-Notices

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 8, 2020, 2:00 pm

Again as a reminder

"A Red Notice is an international wanted persons notice, but it is not an arrest warrant"

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 3, 2022, 10:46 am

10 years later, and still gallivanting around the world, seemingly immune to the laws that you, me and normal Thai people face.

RTP - what a joke.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... rari-crash

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 3, 2022, 12:26 pm

Do not hold your breath with so little time as it were to actually prosecute plus following on from the Pandemic law Enforcement efforts into finding one little ---- amongt 7.6 billion people is NOT exactly high profile and after all , no matter what one says , all said and done he killed a Thai , no real danger to anyone else

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Red Bull Heir NOT HELD Over Cop's Hit-And-Run Death

Post by tamada » September 3, 2022, 2:00 pm

For those who thought there was something new to report.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 3, 2022, 2:55 pm

Did I miss the previous 10th anniversary?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 3, 2022, 3:23 pm

Seems the media dont need help finding him, they just attend high level red bull events and strangely he seems to be there despite RB "distancing" themselves from him ........ strange that :-k

Return to “Thailand News”