What to do with a "pilfering" step child?

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: What to do with a "pilfering" step child?

Post by tamada » September 2, 2022, 12:32 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
September 2, 2022, 7:25 am
jackspratt wrote:
September 1, 2022, 5:36 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
September 1, 2022, 5:27 pm
... I was asked to leave which I did and the Uncle educated the boy , following a period in hospital he returned home ....
GBH .... always the answer. ;)

And a dash of accessory before the fact by the local plod. 👍
Maybe buit had you seen the mother and the house you would have done the same.
No-one complained and the Mother denied that I was even there before the event. Sometimes justice not only needs to be done and seen to have the correct effect . Not that I condoned the situation but when asked to leave with ZERO evidence of any crime I had to go .

Like the old days when a Police officer clipped you around your ear, and your parents also smacked you for not only getting caught but also for showing up the family. These days parents care little and attack the Police for seeing their PRECIOUS doing something wrong and then catching them ....
bring back the Hue and Cry and instant justice , worked for centuries
Laws may be written in Black and white but we all know the VAST amount of GREY Areas that are also there !!
As my father, a career policeman, and my maternal grandfather, who served in the Liverpool Constabulary between the wars, both agreed, "Bring back the birch."

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 2, 2022, 2:06 pm

Do you remember if they had any firm views on the ducking stool?

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » September 2, 2022, 3:06 pm

tamada wrote:
September 2, 2022, 12:32 pm
As my father, a career policeman, and my maternal grandfather, who served in the Liverpool Constabulary between the wars, both agreed, "Bring back the birch."
And our olde deputy Headmaster, Mr. Quinlan at Port Kembla High, was still using it in 1965 during my last year there. Problem was the olde fart was 3 parts blind resulting in caning the wrist, tips of the fingers or missing all together. He was so weak and fragile it was a joke anyway.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » September 2, 2022, 4:15 pm

Happy days, early sixties, Primary School, Head Master and Form Teacher, used to walk up and down twirling his walking stick cane while teaching his lessons.
I found the Gym Slipper far more painful than the cane and in front of the class, attempted embarrassment, but I took it like man without a whimper, I never did know what I did wrong on all those occasions.
On reflection, just a sadistic arsehole, I count myself lucky when you know what the poor young boys and girls had to put up with in some of the Catholic Schools and Barnardo's Homes.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 2, 2022, 5:32 pm

Sorry, but we aren't talking about arbitrary beatings doled out by perverts masquerading as school teachers. The birch was a real and once legal deterrent to juvenile delinquency.

Singapore, that beacon of democracy, freedom, law and order still has their local variant.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » September 2, 2022, 5:57 pm

tamada wrote:
September 2, 2022, 5:32 pm
The birch was a real and once legal deterrent to juvenile delinquency.
And thus adopted by the colonials to be used in schools or where ever the system, as it stood, could apply it.
Believe you me, I was a whipping horse between school and my pissed up olde man every Saturday evening over the most trivial of matters. I left home at 16 to make my own way in life.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » September 2, 2022, 7:13 pm

tamada wrote:
Sorry, but we aren't talking about arbitrary beatings doled out by perverts masquerading as school teachers. The birch was a real and once legal deterrent to juvenile delinquency.

Singapore, that beacon of democracy, freedom, law and order still has their local variant.
And? Perhaps you could tell us about your Birching experiences,
Oh, not possible as it was banned in 1948, unless you served time in one of HMP's before 1962.
How about Caning?
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 2, 2022, 7:51 pm

Hit me with your rythem stick, eyowwh, feels so naughty
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 2, 2022, 9:40 pm

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
September 2, 2022, 7:13 pm
tamada wrote:

And? Perhaps you could tell us about your Birching experiences,
Oh, not possible as it was banned in 1948, unless you served time in one of HMP's before 1962.
How about Caning?
I did say that it was my father and grandfather, who were both born before I was, that reckoned that banning this form of corporal punishment was to the general detriment of society. As for a caning, I never did manage to break the law in Singapore, sorry.

Regardless, I did agree with them as allegedly it did have a distinct reformatory effect on the youngest or earliest offenders that the authorities never sought to replace when they banned it. Nowadays, they rush to bail murder suspects.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”