The lunatics in charge of the asylum.

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
tamada
udonmap.com

The lunatics in charge of the asylum.

Post by tamada » May 3, 2022, 8:55 am

How a billionaires boys’ club came to dominate the public square
The information that courses through legacy publications and social media networks is increasingly shaped by billionaires and other wealthy dynasties

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -politics/

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Re: The lunatics in charge of the asylum.

Post by Potamoi » May 3, 2022, 11:15 am

OPINION:

Meh, much ado about nothing with the Musk Twitter thing. I personally think it can't possibly hurt to reduce the amount of "curating" the masses are subjected to on these platforms by taking a crack at transparency in the system(s) with open source algorithms. Moderation is a tricky topic without question. It will take some smart people to manage keeping within every country's particular laws as well as stay the course on the advocation of free speech. Elon seems fairly smart.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/why-elon-musk ... 12253.html

Withholding judgement until things begin to happen at Twitter. I do have to admire the fact that a fellow with Asperger's syndrome, be so active in SolarCity, Tesla, The Boring Company, SpaceX, Starlink and now Twitter is able to generate enough social humour to put a 420 reference in the purchase price.

I must admit I do like shopping on Amazon. The search tool is English language based and works so much better than the Ali ones we use here for me. Prime is my second favourite streaming service having a long way to go to reach the stream compression quality and massive popularity of Netflix. I am not a Bezos fan one little bit though.

Now that Facebook guy, or is it Meta, and his social platform is not my cuppa tea at all. If I didn't have a business, I would never open facebook do to the intrusiveness and frankly the interface seems to be made to suite those who are not familiar with computers (which is great for that demographic).

There's my tuppence worth of OPINION.

IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE: Yellow background to make it look and feel like a Guardian piece. While you are here....

Now, I would like to put in a bid to buy Udon Map for £420. Any objections from the stakeholders?
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 3, 2022, 11:31 am

Ah one lunatic talking about another lunatic, quite refreshing , new owner Udon Map, doubtful we need a sane man not a lunatic

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 3, 2022, 12:17 pm

The irony of the WaPo, owned by one billionaire, passing comment on the publication of another billionaire's comments by a third billionaire wasn't missed.
Last edited by tamada on May 3, 2022, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 3, 2022, 12:23 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
May 3, 2022, 11:31 am
Ah one lunatic talking about another lunatic, quite refreshing , new owner Udon Map, doubtful we need a sane man not a lunatic
Spoken with all the clarity and disambiguation of the Second Amendment.

Awesome job KP.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”